9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 212 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FE651E6A-8416-4B69-9EF0-706B846D245C (resized).png
    D25AB8B6-FD40-4B2C-82B8-3208B90C2C8B (resized).jpeg
    0A8651B9-899E-46EC-B2DA-EADAC2FC30E2 (resized).jpeg
    094064D2-E3CC-4A3E-8FD4-B4D017A2147B (resized).jpeg
    A6913262-7351-42A7-8658-88FF9733AEE2 (resized).jpeg
    CE11F926-6CF1-496F-8B3F-964E08C7C51F (resized).jpeg
    70009523-A5EF-4FB2-B2AA-E1950B951F5C (resized).jpeg
    C0F4CFE3-68C3-4CD0-8F5C-40AD101D5A1C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190208_133342_558 (resized).jpg
    F21245DF-E2D3-4B27-80F0-6B88881EFA68 (resized).jpeg
    6359ECAE-E13E-41D9-B645-E4036D8E5F17 (resized).jpeg
    EB0EAAC2-B340-4324-892D-A2E5C1F17890 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    75E8ED3B-1EF0-4EB2-91CE-581749B085EE (resized).jpeg
    2C5DC34B-CCE3-41B8-9075-9151E2CE1ECA (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7422 (resized).JPG

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 22 days ago

Any .net developers here that would be interested in helping me with some of the tech for the show? PM me if interested

#152 22 days ago

All I know is the Board of Directors of the P&H’L will be there sporting Pavlov Purple, accomplishing those pin goalz.

#153 20 days ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Wow!! It’s getting close.
    Rooms opening up. And Dirty Donny will be at the show so you can get that really neat-O show poster signed!
    Stay tuned Pinheads.
    More exciting announcements are coming soon!

Fudge yeah!!! This will be my first Golden State Pinball Festival to attend and boy is this sure will be a good one for me. I look forward to meeting him and getting his autograph.

Oh, the Silent Auction... Is there a list of known pinballs up for sale in advance?

#154 20 days ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Fudge yeah!!! This will be my first Golden State Pinball Festival to attend and boy is this sure will be a good one for me. I look forward to meeting him and getting his autograph.
    Oh, the Silent Auction... Is there a list of known pinballs up for sale in advance?

The pinballs are for sale by owner. Some of them will post here that they are looking to sell but other than that no.

#155 20 days ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Some of them will post here that they are looking to sell but other than that no.

Ah, I get it.... Was under the assumption the organizers would have an inventory desired to be listed for an auction. Makes more sense its For Sale by owner.

#156 20 days ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Ah, I get it.... Was under the assumption the organizers would have an inventory desired to be listed for an auction. Makes more sense its For Sale by owner.

If you have a title you would like post it here and maybe someone can bring it. We love requests

#157 20 days ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

In years past on Pinside someone usually starts a Golden State buy/sell thread. I would keep your eyes peeled for a new thread soon.

#158 20 days ago

There is usually a raffle Friday and Saturday night. One game each night. Titles depend on what has been donated. There will be plenty of smaller items that are raffled each day and last year there were several silent auction items as well. All of the above is dependent on donated items. Plenty of ways to spend your money for a good cause.

#159 18 days ago

Booked my hotel room. Can’t wait until GSPF! Looking forward to Mike’s Midnight Madness and Campround Pins. I missed out on the Camprground After Party last year. Can’t wait to see all my pinhead friends. It is going to be the best show ever!

#160 17 days ago

103 days until Showtime!
    Hotels are now taking reservations.

Posters are now being printed.

Camp silverball reservations should open soon.
    We are getting close!
    Stay tuned!
    More exciting announcements are coming!!!’

#161 17 days ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Camp silverball reservations should open soon

The camp arcade crew has a plan for this year...
    I'ma also bringing a nice Grand Prix for the camp so we can accommodate up to 4 gamblers at a time... Like I said, the camp's prolly gonna be a defacto second, late-night show.

#162 17 days ago

I have come to view our show as a kind of Woodstock of pinball.

#163 17 days ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

In years past on Pinside someone usually starts a Golden State buy/sell thread. I would keep your eyes peeled for a new thread soon.

Done: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gspf-2019-buy-sell-trade-thread#post-4820018

#164 16 days ago

Fingers crossed that my Flipmode Squad will get the same RV site at Camp Silverball this year. Hanging at my trailer was one of the highlights of last year. The great part of GSPF is that the party doesn't stop when you exit the Halls, it really begins outside in the RV section. BBQs, pins, cornhole, brews, PEDs, music, lawn chairs, AND all the friendly people.

I think telling the wife that I will forgo a 40th birthday party for a weekend of pinball with the boys (or as she calls them, my boyfriends) and my trailer is not a bad decision...

#165 15 days ago

101 Days until Showtime!!!!!!!

#166 14 days ago

100 Days!!!!!
    It’s getting closer!!!!

#167 13 days ago

99 Days until Showtime!

#168 12 days ago

Dirty Donny and The Flipper Room have some great things in store for you guys this year! Can't wait. Thanks Greg (and all you GSPF people) for getting me the posters and flyers. We are spreading the good word and starting our epic booth planning!

IMG_20190208_133342_558 (resized).jpg
    #169 12 days ago

Rooms are going fast! Just got mine reserved.

#170 11 days ago

I'm REALLY hoping I can make it down this year. I just landed a new job a couple weeks ago so my vacation plans are still up in the air. I know I won't be bringing any machines this year unfortunately, but I will try my best to make an appearance on the weekend.

#171 10 days ago

Still finalizing details. But it’s looking promising that I will be doing a motorcycle trip from Seattle area down to the show. Should be great ride and a great time!

#172 9 days ago

I just reserved my Room at the "Best Western" in Lodi,they are full!!!!C U all there

#173 9 days ago

Let’s hope we break the 400 mark for people bringing games. Last year it was shy of 300. Let’s top it this year!

#174 9 days ago

Flash!!!
    Camp silverball reservations open this Friday for tent and rv spaces.
    No time set yet.
    So please be patient.
    We will post here when we know more.
    Keep checking back here and on the official gspf website.

#175 9 days ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

Let’s hope we break the 400 mark for people bringing games. Last year it was shy of 300. Let’s top it this year!

We did break the 300 games last year.
    Something like 317 was the final count.
    But yes, I hope we top it this year.

#176 8 days ago

Morning bump. 94 days until Showtime!

#177 8 days ago

When will the volunteer list be ready for signup???

#178 8 days ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

When will the volunteer list be ready for signup???

The volunteer list will be available on April 1. I always do it that day

#180 7 days ago

Mr Gone, myself, and mindorbit went to a ComicCon this weekend to promote, thought you all might enjoy some pics from it.

094064D2-E3CC-4A3E-8FD4-B4D017A2147B (resized).jpeg0A8651B9-899E-46EC-B2DA-EADAC2FC30E2 (resized).jpeg70009523-A5EF-4FB2-B2AA-E1950B951F5C (resized).jpegA6913262-7351-42A7-8658-88FF9733AEE2 (resized).jpegC0F4CFE3-68C3-4CD0-8F5C-40AD101D5A1C (resized).jpegCE11F926-6CF1-496F-8B3F-964E08C7C51F (resized).jpegD25AB8B6-FD40-4B2C-82B8-3208B90C2C8B (resized).jpeg
    #181 7 days ago

Camp silverball rv and tent camping sites.
    Reservations will open this Friday.
    February 15th 2019 at 12:00pm.
    Be ready because these are going to go very fast.
    Registration is on the official GSPF website
    At www.gspf.org
    See you there.

#182 7 days ago

Did anyone see this? Todd Tuckey on Counter Culture. A PBS show. It shows video of GSPF last year.
    https://www.wlvt.org/television/counter-culture/

#183 7 days ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Did anyone see this? Todd Tuckey on Counter Culture. A PBS show. It shows video of GSPF last year.
    https://www.wlvt.org/television/counter-culture/

Almost all of the games in the first shot are owned by my neighbor Chris. That was my eclipse and Brad's andromeda (I think)

#184 6 days ago

92 days pinheads.
    Don’t forget, registration for rv and tent camp sites opens at 12pm pacific time tomorrow.
    Camp silverball or bust!

#185 6 days ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

registration for rv and tent camp sites opens at 12pm

Do you have to have an RV or tent to register and camp?
    Can I just bring my truck and sleep in the bed?
    Also does one have to register and pay for camping spot for full weekend
    or can one just sign up for one night/day?
    Are the spots reserved from noon thru noon the next day or what time frame?

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/

#186 6 days ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Do you have to have an RV or tent to register and camp?
    Can I just bring my truck and sleep in the bed?
    Also does one have to register and pay for camping spot for full weekend
    or can one just sign up for one night/day?
    Are the spots reserved from noon thru noon the next day or what time frame?
    http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/
    http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/

- Yeppers, you can bring a truck and sleep in the bed. You should try to reserve a tent site though so someone with an RV can use the hookups.
    - We would prefer you find an existing camp to bunk in if you are only staying a single night so that we can save the campsites for folks that are staying 2-3 nights. Camping with friends is fun and this would save you money too!
    - Noon to noon seems reasonable, you can always move your truck to the parking lot.

#187 6 days ago

For those of you that enjoy the competitive side of pinball, I am pleased to announce the NEW tournament format being introduced this year at the Golden State Pinball Festival! All details on the new format can be found on the web at: http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament

If anybody has questions about the new format or would perhaps like to volunteer for a scorekeepers slot, please feel free to PM me. Volunteers receive 5 free additional entries and also have dedicated qualifying time in the tournament.

If you have to choose between volunteering for the tournament and volunteering for the show itself, I respectfully request that you choose to volunteer for the show. It’s the volunteers that make this show so great and without the show, we have no tournament!

#188 6 days ago
    Quoted from IamNaN:

For those of you that enjoy the competitive side of pinball, I am pleased to announce the NEW tournament format being introduced this year at the Golden State Pinball Festival! All details on the new format can be found on the web at: http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/tournament
    If anybody has questions about the new format or would perhaps like to volunteer for a scorekeepers slot, please feel free to PM me. Volunteers receive 5 free additional entries and also have dedicated qualifying time in the tournament.
    If you have to choose between volunteering for the tournament and volunteering for the show itself, I respectfully request that you choose to volunteer for the show. It’s the volunteers that make this show so great and without the show, we have no tournament!

I like the new format and really appreciate all of the careful thought that went into planning and describing it. One thing I am curious about are the separate male/female divisions. This isn't football, basketball, etc where a generally larger male build has a significant advantage over females. Heck, the only time I participated in a tournament I got knocked out by a woman.

I totally understand the age brackets. Kids are generally less experienced and genuinely smaller. Some seniors have arthritis, etc which slow their reflexes.

No big deal, but what the is rationale for male/female divisions in a pinball tournament?

#189 6 days ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I like the new format and really appreciate all of the careful thought that went into planning and describing it. One thing I am curious about are the separate male/female divisions. This isn't football, basketball, etc where a generally larger male build has a significant advantage over females. Heck, the only time I participated in a tournament I got knocked out by a woman.
    I totally understand the age brackets. Kids are generally less experienced and genuinely smaller. Some seniors have arthritis, etc which slow their reflexes.
    No big deal, but what the is rationale for male/female divisions in a pinball tournament?

For me personally, as a tournament director, I like the trend of providing divisions within a tournament in order to help increase the overall player base of pinball, and making an event of this type and size be as accessible to every demographic as possible.

In addition to that somewhat opinionated rationale, the larger reason is that the IFPA incorporates a specific Women's Ranking system, as found here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/women.php

Simply put, I want the Golden State Pinball Festival to be the best show it can be, and in this specific area, providing an event that feeds into this system is a must have to reach that goal.

#190 6 days ago

Got everything fully approved and booked today! I'm there!!

#191 5 days ago

Camping is open!

#192 5 days ago

Request for rv sent in!
    Hopefully I did that right

#193 5 days ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Request for rv sent in!

You bringing that fine van?

#194 5 days ago

Absolutely, hope to see your sweet van there too

#195 5 days ago

Reservations are now live!!!! Go to this link to register!!! http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/

We have 40+ beautiful sites available for reservation. Water and electric hookups are included on most sites, and there is an onsite dump station. Reservations do require a non-refundable, full payment upfront but do include an early bird savings. We have received more interest than ever in Camp Silverball and due to increased demand we anticipate that this well sell out rather quickly. So be sure to act fast!

The Golden State Pinball Festival is being held in Lodi CA May 17- 19. More information is available at http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/camp-silverball/

Many questions can be answered there, so please read through before asking them here!

#196 5 days ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Request for rv sent in!

You are locked in!

#197 5 days ago

I'll be sleeping in my car... as far away from Charlie Martin as possible ( - :

#198 5 days ago

Request is in and looking forward to seeing everyone once again.

#199 5 days ago

Camp Silverball is officially the go to camping destination! We sold out of our available sites in less than 2 hours. Please see website for information on how you can be placed on a waiting list.

Thanks!

#200 5 days ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Request is in and looking forward to seeing everyone once again.

You were the luck last person to sneak in!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Tim's Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    $ 234.99
    There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside