Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG
    There are 928 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.
    #801 4 years ago

Yesterday was awesome. Trying to play more pinball this year. Mainly socialized and drank beer in the past. Still doing a bit of that as well.

New BK is rad. I prefer pro. Not much to do on thr upper pf and the ball is up there a lot. The plastic surface was already looking scratched and getting a little hazy.

Lots of pins for sale this year! Many with fair prices.

Cheers to the Monterey boys for bringing Lebowski! That pin is a work of art.

Need to try the P3s today and a few others. JJP Pirates absent, but all the other new stuff is here.

I love this show!

#802 4 years ago

If anyone remembers, please take a brief walk through vid of the event like last year! What a show!

A great selection of pins out there and very few down for long thanks to the techs.

The restored future spa was gorgeous. Drool worthy- Wow!!!
    If we could have stayed the weekend I would have grabbed that Galaxy. :/

Good catching up with pin buds. We loved the kids tourney put on by the museum volunteers.

Finally, a big thanks again to show organizers and owners who shared games come “rain or shine” in 2019!!!

#803 4 years ago

Ugh... so bummed I'm missing this year. Moving out of state, but will definitely be flying back in for next year's.

#804 4 years ago

The centaur with thw white LED displays....

#805 4 years ago

Agree with you Bryce on the Black Knight pro. Playing it while using the headphones was awesome. Great Steve Ritchie mockery. Loving Oktoberfest

#806 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Need to try the P3s today and a few others. JJP Pirates absent, but all the other new stuff is here.
    I love this show!

Yeah, I was really surprised no version of jjPotC was there. It was a pretty glaring hole when they had a lot of rare and obscure pins there. Marco killed it with all the Sterns they brought, though. It was just a drag they only had one Black Knight premium to play. All the rest were Pros.

#807 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I hope to see pics of that!

#808 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

It was amazing!

#809 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I was really surprised no version of jjPotC was there. It was a pretty glaring hole when they had a lot of rare and obscure pins there. Marco killed it with all the Sterns they brought, though. It was just a drag they only had one Black Knight premium to play. All the rest were Pros.

There are 2 BK pres here. 1 us with BK, BK2K and the pro all in a line. The other is in an island

#810 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

There are 2 BK pres here. 1 us with BK, BK2K and the pro all in a line. The other is in an island

Ah! I even took and posted a picture here of the ones in a line and didn't go see if either of the two on the end of that line at the end of the Marco table was a Prem. Brain fart!

#811 4 years ago

Absolutely a Fabulous show this year!! Azmodias,sorry we missed you this year!! The 2nd hall was like the old time arcades,LOUD!! Very well done everybody!!! So,I got say it before practicalsteve does....362 days till 2020GSPF,:)Fun time will be had by all!!!!

#812 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Absolutely a Fabulous show this year!! Azmodias,sorry we missed you this year!! The 2nd hall was like the old time arcades,LOUD!! Very well done everybody!!! So,I got say it before practicalsteve does....362 days till 2020GSPF,:)Fun time will be had by all!!!!

Lol, that’s Mr Gones job. He better make a 2020 thread soon

#813 4 years ago

I never take enough pictures. I never get enough time with my buddies. Friends are what this show is all about for me.

057C2A2E-1DED-4CA9-BE43-88370FFD79C2 (resized).jpeg057C2A2E-1DED-4CA9-BE43-88370FFD79C2 (resized).jpeg3AEFC4B5-DFF1-4DE7-B83A-2ACA28665B64 (resized).jpeg3AEFC4B5-DFF1-4DE7-B83A-2ACA28665B64 (resized).jpegE5130EED-824D-4C6A-B260-84C727A1892F (resized).jpegE5130EED-824D-4C6A-B260-84C727A1892F (resized).jpeg
    #814 4 years ago

No description necessary!

78CC4E2C-B1A1-495B-95C4-EB8B6B815597 (resized).jpeg78CC4E2C-B1A1-495B-95C4-EB8B6B815597 (resized).jpeg
    #815 4 years ago

Time Fantasy time tube mishap!!!

#816 4 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Ball guides mounted too high on the PF? How did it get in there?
    -mof

#817 4 years ago

The women’s finals top 4.
    My wife Rusty took 4th!

7B61730B-BBD0-4727-86C2-2923A835E5F8 (resized).jpeg7B61730B-BBD0-4727-86C2-2923A835E5F8 (resized).jpegD0703B6D-53A2-4715-9650-4634D89BC88F (resized).jpegD0703B6D-53A2-4715-9650-4634D89BC88F (resized).jpeg
    #818 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Are the ones with white cards for sale or just informational?

The white cards on top get added by the Pacific Pinball Museum when a game is there, and tend to follow the game home. I know a couple collectors with a nice collection of signs from exhibiting their games at the museum.

#819 4 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

[quoted image]

I kept shutting it off as I would walk by and people kept turning it on. I filed a ticket and pointed it out to a medic when the first bulb blew. Oh well. Trippy game.

#820 4 years ago

20190518_121603 (resized).jpg20190518_121603 (resized).jpg20190518_121811 (resized).jpg20190518_121811 (resized).jpg20190518_123548 (resized).jpg20190518_123548 (resized).jpg20190518_121608 (resized).jpg20190518_121608 (resized).jpg20190518_124258 (resized).jpg20190518_124258 (resized).jpg20190518_124304 (resized).jpg20190518_124304 (resized).jpg20190518_130721 (resized).jpg20190518_130721 (resized).jpg20190518_204909 (resized).jpg20190518_204909 (resized).jpg20190519_075326 (resized).jpg20190519_075326 (resized).jpg

20190518_124755 (resized).jpg20190518_124755 (resized).jpg
    #821 4 years ago

Black Knight was awesome! Great show this year.

A522AD5D-B10E-4BD3-BA9D-87B3BE004282 (resized).jpegA522AD5D-B10E-4BD3-BA9D-87B3BE004282 (resized).jpeg
    #822 4 years ago

Once again, another fantastic GSPF! I even brought myself home a project from the fine folks of The Retro Arcade/Napa Valley Pinball! It is one hell of a project, and it will not be easy, but I think I can bring it back to life. But after the humid, rainy weekend, my car now has a lingering pinball-musk to it....

And also, as usual, the BBQ was, in my opinion, the best one to date. Even given the soggy rain we had, the hospitality and friendliness of everyone around is what makes the entire weekend unlike any other pinball event.

E64F3E0A-DF33-4C29-81BA-CE2324194FD1 (resized).JPGE64F3E0A-DF33-4C29-81BA-CE2324194FD1 (resized).JPG
    #823 4 years ago

The sun is at my back and I am almost home! Not a drop of rain the entire way, I hope everyone makes it home safely and thanks for another great show!

200721A1-A73F-4215-B82E-0896A3FCA09D (resized).jpeg200721A1-A73F-4215-B82E-0896A3FCA09D (resized).jpeg
    #824 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

Once again, another fantastic GSPF! I even brought myself home a project from the fine folks of The Retro Arcade/Napa Valley Pinball! It is one hell of a project, and it will not be easy, but I think I can bring it back to life. But after the humid, rainy weekend, my car now has a lingering pinball-musk to it....
    And also, as usual, the BBQ was, in my opinion, the best one to date. Even given the soggy rain we had, the hospitality and friendliness of everyone around is what makes the entire weekend unlike any other pinball event.
    [quoted image]

Congrats Drew , fish tales is a fun game ! I have mentioned to many collectors over the last couple years ( pin and video game ) that we need to have a get together to strengthen and promote/further the hobby in northern Nevada . I’m now actively working on it with bigger things to come ! Stay tuned for a pm coming your way !

#825 4 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Ball guides mounted too high on the PF? How did it get in there?
    -mof

The ball guide to the left came out of its hole and when the ball was shot up it funneled the ball right under the plastic and came to rest on the top of the broken bulb. The tech who handled the issue pulled off the glass and it literally broke in his hands before he even set it down on the blanket so all the time was spent cleaning up glass off the floor and from the playfield. If you saw the recent GoT episode with the night king the aftermath kinda looked that. I was helping them pick up the remaining glass when I saw the ball and was astounded how it got there!

#826 4 years ago

I was teching an EM machine when I heard a machine nearby "Machine Gunning" and figured a bonus uint was malfunctioning but when I came around the corner I saw this miraculous sight! Hands down the best Silverball action I saw during the entire show! Ball was released not long after the video was made. (I couldn't upload video here so link goes to my facebook page) https://www.facebook.com/Devilz/videos/10219644847531419/

#827 4 years ago

How can I possibly go a whole year without seeing all your shiny happy faces?? I guess I'll just have to stare at this big ole picture of all you at Sparky's BBQ!
    Hot damn, what a good time! thanks, Sparky for the Q, JJ for the brews, and all of you for being you.

Amanda and I had a blast! We want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all the fine people that put on such a fantastic Pinball Show! Thank you to the GSPF crew, the hard working volunteers, the vendors that come out for us and, of course, the generous game bringers. And so many more people too. I've gone to a bunch of shows around the country and this one is my favorite. I'm proud to call it our home show!

We'll upload a bunch of pics somewhere when I get back from my next technology-free trip. Look for a link here or in next year's countdown post that I'm guessing Spencer already started.

Sparkys BBQ 2019 email (resized).jpgSparkys BBQ 2019 email (resized).jpg
    #828 4 years ago

Onjquakes aside, had a great time at GSPF ‘19!

I was happy to get plenty of plays on both YBRWOZ machines, TBL, Wonka, and Octoberfest. Couldn’t get a real feel for Wonka with no saves and 2 ball play but understand the need to make games quick otherwise the lines would’ve gotten out of hand. Wonka was fun nevertheless.

I usually focus on the games I know I already like and do not get to play too often other than at shows like T2, Centaur, Transporter the Rescue, TX Sector etc. This year I made a point to play some games that I never had before and usually walk right past at previous shows. As a result I think I found some sleepers like 24, Surfin Safari, X-Files, Lost in Space, and Baywatch. Hopefully get some more time on those in the future.

#829 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

It was amazing!

Quoted from QuietEarp:

I hope to see pics of that!

Quoted from Vino:

That’s all very kind! Thank you, my son and I truly enjoyed sharing it with all of you (and Scorbit as well).

#830 4 years ago

I just want to say this was a fantastic show, despite the crappy weather. Everybody made the best of it. I am blown away how many games were up and running with very little problems. Kudos to all the volunteer techs to keep the games running throughout the show. Thanks to all the show organizers for making GSPF 2019 a huge success. Thanks to all the volunteers to get the show ready to go on time. Thank you to Michael and Damien running the tournament. You guys did a great job as tournament directors. Congratulations to all the winners in A and B Division along with the women’s tournament.

Thanks Mike for offering after-show entertainment including bounty and stall ball tournaments. What a fun time in the late hours of the night.

The Friday Kickoff Dinner was spectacular! My hats off to the chef of the family style dinner and to the Girl Scouts serving us the delicious dinner. I felt like I was at a fancy banquet. Thanks for all your hard work making this happen. Spencer, you did a great job MCing the event. And of course congratulations to Chris Kuntz for the Steve Charland Spirit Award.

I was amazed to see all the newest games available to play along with all the classics. And there were a lot of games to play! Thanks to all who bought and brought your games so we could enjoy them at the show. Black Knight SOR was amazing to play. Still on the fence if I like the Pro or Premium better. Wonka, I need more time to learn how to play. And Octoberfest, kept wanting to play more. That darn roller coaster ramp was a challenge for sure.

I am going through a little withdrawal, but I have the 2020 show already on my radar for next year. You are all family to me and I am going to miss you until the next time we meet. Until next year, keep playing pinball and continue to make new friendships.

If anybody wants to check out what we offer in Reno, please PM me. I’ll be happy to show you around.

Mark

#831 4 years ago

I just got home.
    What an amazing show!
    What an amazing weekend.
    Thank you to everyone for attending and helping where you could!

See you all in 362 days!
    Lodi or bust!

#832 4 years ago

Many thanks to everyone who offered to help bring my new Black Knight home. I have an open bed pick up and was concerned about the rain. I ended up wrapping it with a blanket and shrink wrap and hauling it myself. It got rained on plenty, but the wrap job held and it was bone dry.

#833 4 years ago

Amazing show! Lighting this year was much better for game play and it was a great idea adding spots to the strings above the vendor booths.

So many good things that have already been mentioned I won’t rehash.

One moment I thought was great was at the very end of the show when the breakers were thrown, while there were some initial groans, everyone in the hall erupted in applause. I just thought that was a great way to end the show.

#834 4 years ago

Big thanks to all of the organizers of this show. I told many of them in person, but this show is unequaled in how welcome it makes me feel as a vendor and speaker. Everybody is always so friendly and helpful despite the pressures and responsibilities they all have. The attendees were all great too. The vibe at this show is different from the others. It just feels like a friendly gathering for members of a singular pinball family.

Thank you to Brad and Tony for letting everybody play their P3s and to everybody for their feedback and enthusiasm for the machines. I continue to find it fascinating how some people seem to love our redemption-style games like Cannon Lagoon, and others prefer the deeper experience of a traditional pinball game like Lexy Lightspeed. The 2-machine Heads Up demo we ran for a few hours Saturday afternoon was also a huge hit... 2 players battling on wifi-connected machines... simple rules, simple concept, tons of fun.

I'll look forward to seeing you all again.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#835 4 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

One moment I thought was great was at the very end of the show when the breakers were thrown, while there were some initial groans, everyone in the hall erupted in applause. I just thought that was a great way to end the show.

I agree. That was awesome

#836 4 years ago

Riding the wave of severe pinlag today.
    It’s like jet lag but with pinball.

#837 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Riding the wave of severe pinlag today.
    It’s like jet lag but with pinball.

Haha, yes! Perfect explanation

#838 4 years ago

AKA: Pinball Hangover.
    I am tattered. I sat in a 4 1/2 hour traffic jam on I5. Lodi to SLO: 8 1/2 hours. The rain also sucked. But with the bitching out of the way, let us begin...
    I don't need to rehash the compliments to the organizer people about the changes this year. Everything was just better run and smoother.

Thank you to the tech who I can't remember (see pinball hangover) and to my pinbromigo Kyle for fixing my Title Fight and Excalibur. Who'da thunk that Excalibur would start a game missing one ball? After that they were flawless. Haven't checked plays yet, but I didn't see them empty much. The tech support was beauty!

LOVED seeing all the crews: Teh MFP people are the bestest (even if I didn't get at that TNA inside the trailer) and roll the hardest bikes, Sparky and GameExchange and Co put on another beauty.

The crowd at the campcade Thursday and Friday nights was beeyoutee! Loved hearing them bells and chimes across the way, the Tommy Dollars, the socializing and suchlike... It was a blast. Pinball Molly even made an appearance. Saturdays rain put the hurt to that night, but it was worth it for the previous two. I got several people talking about contributing next year... Looks like we got us a tradition. Thanks to all the boiz in the compound for the teamwork and camaraderie; it's always a pleasure. Thanks to Big Mikey and Kevin for helping out even though they weren't camping.

Sorry about Donny's EZ Up... It was a bit brutal Saturday night.

I NEEEEEEEED A DEVIL RIDERS! NOW! And a Reserve. That was a beauty! Oh yeah, and a Ringer.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but I have to return the trailer.

#839 4 years ago

Thanks guys, it was really fun and thanks particularly to the techs. It’s pretty mind boggling to see a couple of guys with soldering irons working away on a pin in the middle of all the insanity

#840 4 years ago

On another subject, for those of you that thought that there was no way that free Jukebox that I snagged from the swap meet could be fixed, I got her working and playing records after about 30 minutes. Some minor adjustments to get the selection mechanism perfectly aligned and some new amplifier tubes to bring the volume back to par then a full restoration can take place but for now it is indeed breathing once again! I love a challenge!

#841 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

I am tattered. I sat in a 4 1/2 hour traffic jam on I5. Lodi to SLO: 8 1/2 hours. The rain also sucked. But with the bitching out of the way, let us begin...
    I don't need to rehash the compliments to the organizer people about the changes this year. Everything was just better run and smoother.
    Thank you to the tech who I can't remember (see pinball hangover) and to my pinbromigo Kyle for fixing my Title Fight and Excalibur. Who'da thunk that Excalibur would start a game missing one ball? After that they were flawless. Haven't checked plays yet, but I didn't see them empty much. The tech support was beauty!
    LOVED seeing all the crews: Teh MFP people are the bestest (even if I didn't get at that TNA inside the trailer) and roll the hardest bikes, Sparky and GameExchange and Co put on another beauty.
    The crowd at the campcade Thursday and Friday nights was beeyoutee! Loved hearing them bells and chimes across the way, the Tommy Dollars, the socializing and suchlike... It was a blast. Pinball Molly even made an appearance. Saturdays rain put the hurt to that night, but it was worth it for the previous two. I got several people talking about contributing next year... Looks like we got us a tradition. Thanks to all the boiz in the compound for the teamwork and camaraderie; it's always a pleasure. Thanks to Big Mikey and Kevin for helping out even though they weren't camping.
    I NEEEEEEEED A DEVIL RIDERS! NOW! And a Reserve. That was a beauty! Oh yeah, and a Ringer.

Wow that sucks, I made it from Lodi to Orange County in just over 6 hours, but I left early Sunday. The 5 was moving but getting crowded. It was fun to visit you central coast guys again, someday, someday...I will get there.

The show was great, had a fun time and played tons of pinball. The variety of machines was excellent.

#842 4 years ago

Running the Facebook and Instagram for the show I am blow away I didn’t hear one gripe or complaint the entire weekend (other then rain but no one blamed us for that) well done all!

#843 4 years ago

Thanks for all the pictures.

#844 4 years ago

Thank you to anyone and everyone that contributed to this event! I had a fantastic time and saw tons of smiles on everyone’s faces that attended. This is by far the best laid back exciting show I have ever gone too and every year just gets better and better. If you ask me there is no better place to make friends and memories then this show...it truly as if everyone here is family. Thanks and see you all next year!

#845 4 years ago

A few pictures I snapped. I really enjoyed playing that restored Xenon, what a nice looking and playing machine! Greywolfs Firepower is always good to get the blood going, what a fast game and thanks for the coversation! Thanks to my fellow pintechs, pin hospital volunteers, show volunteers, the folks at Color DMD for the show special and the entire crew responsible for the BBQ. I made some more connections this year but still didn’t get to talk to as many I was hoping to meet. Everybody was extremely courteous and the crowds were just awesome, I only had to boot one guy off one of my machines after he camped on it for over an hour while others were waiting to play, a simple “I need to make some adjustments to this machine” excuse sent him on his way.

5CE7BE78-2C94-4090-9856-6398B2079D26 (resized).jpeg5CE7BE78-2C94-4090-9856-6398B2079D26 (resized).jpeg652EB1AF-10FC-45D1-945B-3A19B9BF3545 (resized).jpeg652EB1AF-10FC-45D1-945B-3A19B9BF3545 (resized).jpeg58ABB773-9831-4FF2-A93F-5D6880A5827F (resized).jpeg58ABB773-9831-4FF2-A93F-5D6880A5827F (resized).jpeg18EB1BB3-CE16-4EA0-B97D-9E8E2E840943 (resized).jpeg18EB1BB3-CE16-4EA0-B97D-9E8E2E840943 (resized).jpegC150FBAF-E1EE-48D3-A208-F81F05567EA5 (resized).jpegC150FBAF-E1EE-48D3-A208-F81F05567EA5 (resized).jpegB828C2FE-4F67-4444-BCAA-EE28343E31AF (resized).jpegB828C2FE-4F67-4444-BCAA-EE28343E31AF (resized).jpeg402C952C-1B03-4FD3-9F73-CB8AAC7B1A93 (resized).jpeg402C952C-1B03-4FD3-9F73-CB8AAC7B1A93 (resized).jpegF049FA92-3EAB-4792-B4F8-581C29F53B0A (resized).jpegF049FA92-3EAB-4792-B4F8-581C29F53B0A (resized).jpegAF52FB7C-9E71-46E9-81E8-F069A5EB5BAD (resized).jpegAF52FB7C-9E71-46E9-81E8-F069A5EB5BAD (resized).jpeg925D21E2-46E6-43E7-9277-D13B8E911C98 (resized).jpeg925D21E2-46E6-43E7-9277-D13B8E911C98 (resized).jpeg
    #846 4 years ago

My only suggestion I would like to see if possible is on the game sign up list, have a box on if the game being brought is going to be for sale at the show so people can get an idea of how many of a game they are looking for is for sale.

#847 4 years ago

Even with the rain it was another great show again! Nice to see so many familiar faces from Reno as well. Big thanks to everyone who makes this show possible every year! And special thanks to whomever brought the Bad Cats. My new favorite System 11! Too bad that cat wasn't for sale

#848 4 years ago

Show gets better every year:

* It was easier to move between the halls.
    * Free tasty water with cups.
    * Moving the food out to tents and freeing up more inside space made sense. (hopefully they didn't freeze out there)

Well done all! Big thanks to the organizers, volunteers, and especially the studs that helped with load-in/out...

I didn't get hit with ONE single crop dusting -- how is that even possible?
    -mof

#849 4 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Even with the rain it was another great show again! Nice to see so many familiar faces from Reno as well. Big thanks to everyone who makes this show possible every year! And special thanks to whomever brought the Bad Cats. My new favorite System 11! Too bad that cat wasn't for sale

That Bad Cats was cool! I have read about it here but that's the first one I have seen for real.

#850 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Wow...that beats my 2 hour traffic jam on 5 when I was going on Friday!

Had a blast hanging out with my pinball friends and playing the latest and classic pins on Friday. Unfortunately, I got my new iPhone stolen from an Uber car on Friday night and woke up on Saturday morning feeling really sick. Luckily, the hotel didn't charge me for Saturday night so I headed home in the morning. Halfway home, I remembered that I signed up as one of four volunteers to clean glass on Saturday. Sincere appologies to Eric and everyone at GSPF.

Camp Silverball was once again a major highlight.

Loved playing Munsters, BKSOR, etc. The headphones were terrific!

Thank you to everyone who helped make GSPF so much fun.

There are 928 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2019-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread-1/page/17?hl=apinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.