Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 928 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

222F4D12-4E6E-48BF-AAD0-BD0C090CACB4 (resized).jpeg
    2F84D602-0213-4658-A153-F16E3613C40A.gif
    goldenstate3.jpg
    goldenstate2.jpg
    goldenstate4.jpg
    gs_2019 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    CB6E2411-269A-4CAB-8B5B-FE40EF4BA71D (resized).png
    D94C3A92-EA04-49AC-A0CC-62EF91C34BC3 (resized).png
    Image from iOS (3) (resized).jpg
    FC659404-09A5-4DA8-87CD-5DA438FEE161 (resized).jpeg
    AustinSnowstorm (resized).jpg
    MMS_1065 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8707 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8708 (resized).PNG
    IMG_8710 (resized).PNG
    There are 928 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.
    #551 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay guys,watching the weather here says next weekend may be cooler than last year! Can anyone down there in lodi confirm the weather forecast for that area please??H2o possible????

Friday, 73, Saturday 75, partly cloudy, sunday 76. Perfect weather.

#552 4 years ago

Reminder to GSPF attendees, we'd love it if you could fill our our survey for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card. Also please come over and check out our booth at the show!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Scorbit_OperatorsSurvey

#553 4 years ago

I got an email that marcos won’t have glass I preordered. Not end of world but curious Is this for everyone or just not all orders were able to be filled. ?

#554 4 years ago
    Quoted from topkat:

I got an email that marcos won’t have glass I preordered. Not end of world but curious Is this for everyone or just not all orders were able to be filled. ?

Yeah no standard or widebody glass made it into the shipment at all. HD glass is not part of this as it ships from Stern

#555 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Dig this.
    It’s good.

It is GREAT! If I were in front of the camera we would still be shooting takes.

Such great community support this event has, outstanding karma.

Can't wait - how many days now?

#556 4 years ago

5 days and a wake up!!!!

#557 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfixer:

I have a extra reservation for a king room at the Hampton Inn that I do not need. Arriving Thursday, departing Sunday. $664.84 is the rate quoted total for the nights inclusive of tax. I wanted to pass it along to pinsiders first, but if I don't get a taker by Sunday night I'll cancel the reservation and let it go back to the hotel.
    PM me privately if you want to have me transfer this reservation to you.

PM sent.

#558 4 years ago

6 Days!!!!

#559 4 years ago

Games count is now at 291!! Great work everyone!
    See you there.

#560 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

at this point looks like Mad World

Mad World was a lock, now it's giving me fits right before the show. Don't want to disappoint the fans, but might have a last minute pinch-hitter for it.

Will come up with something to satisfy the crowds (Maybe Gottlieb Team One !)

#562 4 years ago

It begins!

20190511_125931 (resized).jpg20190511_125931 (resized).jpg
    #563 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfixer:

I have a extra reservation for a king room at the Hampton Inn that I do not need. Arriving Thursday, departing Sunday. $664.84 is the rate quoted total for the nights inclusive of tax. I wanted to pass it along to pinsiders first, but if I don't get a taker by Sunday night I'll cancel the reservation and let it go back to the hotel.
    PM me privately if you want to have me transfer this reservation to you.

Spoken for. Room no longer available

#564 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Saturday bbq

Sent you a pm

#565 4 years ago

Best news I’ve heard is the PnHL will be there conducting their 2nd annual super secret high stakes pinball tournament. WHAM!

#566 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinfixer:

Spoken for. Room no longer available

Amazing how things work out.

This was the first time in many years that I was going to miss this yearly expo because I waited too late to snag a hotel. Many thanks to Pinfixer for hooking up a fellow Pinsider!

Can't wait....6 DAYS UNTIL GSPF!!!

sopranos (resized).jpgsopranos (resized).jpg

#567 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

This was the first time in many years that I was going to miss this yearly expo but I waited too late to snag a hotel. Many thanks to Pinfixer for hooking up a fellow Pinsider!
    [quoted image]

Awesome!!! See you in 6 days!

#568 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Awesome!!! See you in 6 days!

Can't wait! Just signed up to volunteer.

#569 4 years ago

Flash!!!! More games added!!! The current count is now 301! Including American pinball Oktoberfest!!!!!!

#570 4 years ago

100 more to go to surpass Texas Pinball Festival! Let’s do this. But 300 is a fantastic number! Thanks to all who are having their games for the show. We couldn’t have a show without you.

#571 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

This was the first time in many years that I was going to miss this yearly expo because I waited too late to snag a hotel. Many thanks to Pinfixer for hooking up a fellow Pinsider!
    [quoted image]

YEAHHHHHH BUDDY!!!!

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

YEAHHHHHH BUDDY!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you, Steve!

#573 4 years ago

Got two more coming from Sactown!

#574 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a bottle share Saturday afternoon - I know there are quite a few folks around here who appreciate good beer... I'm happy to host at our campsite if there is interest - All will be welcome, but everyone should plan to bring a 750 or 2 16oz cans of something you are excited about and is probably not something you can get at Safeway (see photo below for what I'm planning on bringing)... though of course nobody would be turned away. DM me if you would like in. Mmmmmm Beer and pinball...

IMG_7190 (resized).JPGIMG_7190 (resized).JPG
    #575 4 years ago

Just finished a pinball night,with the crew test driving the games for the show and campcade.
    Show: Excalibur, Tile Fight, Big Daddy, Fireball '72
    Camp: Oh Boy, Grand Prix

Pinballlew took $5 from me playing Oh Boy, and set high score on it AND Grand Prix, which he rolled. @jbovenzi's Fireball '72 is a screamer.
    All games performed admirably and are now deemed show-ready.

See everybody soon; gotta go reserve my trailer.

#576 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Just finished a pinball night,with the crew test driving the games for the show and campcade.
    Pinballlew took $5 from me playing Oh Boy, and set high score on it AND Grand Prix, which he rolled. jbovenzi's Fireball '72 is a screamer.

Can’t wait buddy!

#577 4 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Pinballlew took $5 from me playing Oh Boy, and set high score on it AND Grand Prix, which he rolled. jbovenzi's Fireball '72 is a screamer.

That was fun! Great to get some flipping practice in...thanks for hosting (and for the sourdough!)

#579 4 years ago

General question for all you festival experts.

When you move your older Bally's that pre-date backbox hinges, do you move the backboxes separately or wrap them up together?

I see many of you wrap with moving plastic and moving blankets. Just curious how everyone does this!

#580 4 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

General question for all you festival experts.
    When you move your older Bally's that pre-date backbox hinges, do you move the backboxes separately or wrap them up together?
    I see many of you wrap with moving plastic and moving blankets. Just curious how everyone does this!

Most wrap them together.
    A tie down or ratchet strap with moving blankets.
    Some plastic wrap too.

#581 4 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

Since I am almost always moving machines by mice elf, I move them separately, wrapped in blankies. Even when I had a Speakeasy, which has a hinged head, I slid it off the hinges to move it. Just too heavy for me to manhandle both together up and down my stairs.

A couple of times, I've taken out the playfield to get that sucker back up the stairs.

#582 4 years ago

I'll be bringing a pound of Prosciutto for the get-together. Yum!

"Prosciutto - Italian sushi"

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I'll be bringing a pound of Prosciutto for the get-together. Yum!
    "Prosciutto - Italian sushi"

I salute you sir!

#585 4 years ago

Confirmed!!!

MFP will be murdering thirst all weekend!

62EDCF77-0E70-4AFA-B070-F329930E3E1B (resized).jpeg62EDCF77-0E70-4AFA-B070-F329930E3E1B (resized).jpeg
    #586 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Confirmed!!!

[quoted image]

That can is amazing.

#587 4 years ago

Cash Carmichael is A man that do not mess around!

#588 4 years ago

Confirmed!!!

[quoted image]

We need some brawndo too. Damn $125/can on ebay! NOPE!

#589 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We need some brawndo too. Damn $125/can on ebay! NOPE!

I had 2 cans once. I drank one and the other one exploded while it was sitting on my desk.

BRAWDO: The Desk Mutilator!

#590 4 years ago

Confirmed!!!

[quoted image]

I will be bringing various selections from Libation to trade with you this time, Cary. I finally have a good source!

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from jsa:

I will be bringing various selections from Libation to trade with you this time, Cary. I finally have a good source!

I will have the precious when I have time to drink it. Be sure and hit me up and bring a cup

#592 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Flash!!!! More games added!!! The current count is now 301! Including American pinball Oktoberfest!!!!!!

Yes!

17dd916ddb96f9509190643ec5b366ab (resized).jpg17dd916ddb96f9509190643ec5b366ab (resized).jpg

#593 4 years ago

Hey everyone, just a reminder.
    There are still volunteer spots open.
    The show only happens because you make it happen.
    Please sign up for 1 volunteer spot during the weekend.
    See you all in 5 days!!!!

#594 4 years ago

Hey guys. I will likely be at the show on Saturday.

I am selling my mostly restored Funhouse and can it bring it to show if anyone is looking for a nice one.

Send me a message if interested for details.

Dave

#595 4 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

I look forward to coming again. As always my 4:20 friendly pinside members are welcome to ask me to smoke them out. I’ll be bringing plenty of bud.

A little late to the party but count me in!

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Why am I not surprised I know two of the people that gave this a thumbs up

Now at least 3.

#596 4 years ago

Regretfully, Mr. Mad World will not be appearing during 2019 GSPF. As the rest of the world goes to heck in a hand basket, perhaps he will make an appearance next year. Mr. Cheddar, can you please substitute GTB Team One for that game?

Since Team One is late model Gottlieb Add-A-Ball and not easily set to free play, I wired a microswitch to one of the Coin Door, coin wiring switches to start a game. it will have to stick through the front of the door to let my people play.

Team challenge: If anyone comes up with a more elegant free play solution, I am willing to have them modify my game (without drilling holes please).
    As always, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions...

#597 4 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Regretfully, Mr. Mad World will not be appearing during 2019 GSPF. As the rest of the world goes to heck in a hand basket, perhaps he will make an appearance next year. Mr. Cheddar, can you please substitute GTB Team One for that game?
    Since Team One is late model Gottlieb Add-A-Ball and not easily set to free play, I wired a microswitch to one of the Coin Door, coin wiring switches to start a game. it will have to stick through the front of the door to let my people play.
    Team challenge: If anyone comes up with a more elegant free play solution, I am willing to have them modify my game (without drilling holes please).
    As always, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions...

Done!

#599 4 years ago

although team one is an aab, it still has a credit unit on the motor board, similar to the semicircular units used on mid 70’s Gotliebs. To covert to free play, just short or close the zero position contact, or disconnect the subtract coil.

#600 4 years ago

I will have another cup holder to donate for the WOW auction:

Blue Cup Side (resized).jpgBlue Cup Side (resized).jpg
    There are 928 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2019-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread-1/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.