(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcbpalisade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#742 5 years ago

Is there a link for the 3D STL files for the GSPF pinball leg cup? Thanks

#779 5 years ago

Thanks to Eric I was able to 3D print one of the GSPF cup holders. Did a PolySmooth isopropyl smoothing on it (look it up) with white filament, looks pretty good! Feels very cool, hard and smooth.

Come by the Iron Transfer booth and drop off a business card, we'll give it away before we head back to Colorado. Some clown (me) colored the raised parts to help them stand out. That's what you get when you call for art out of an engineer!

Red Cup Side (resized).jpgRed Cup Side (resized).jpg

Blue Cup Side (resized).jpgBlue Cup Side (resized).jpg

#810 5 years ago

We couldn't get a room in Lodi and chose Stockton instead. How is the drive between the two? Have to ask because Cali roads can be crazy. Thank you.

#817 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I teach such great classes as "Buy high, sell low." and "How to suck at pinball."

I also teach a course in "Bricking made Easy". I graduated phi-beta-g*d-damn-kappa from that school!

All you Houdini wizards that claim to consistently make those ridicules shots need not apply ( - :

#849 5 years ago

What does regular gas run in the Stockton/Lodi area? Thanks

#913 5 years ago
    Quoted from gaspumprob:

I am excited but not ready for this event yet. I have been working overtime with work and on weekends and will need to break down and load games last minute this year. Load the night before I leave !!! It will be a late nighter!

I know we all appreciate your effort. I'm sure JJ will buy your beers ( - :

#952 5 years ago

Stop by our booth in the Cabernet building and check out PinRemote™ with complete features! See the picture of our demo. We'll also have a round from the A-10 Warthog Bushmaster II gatling gun just for fun. Guess the muzzle velocity of this depleted uranium round in mach numbers!

dispmodel.pngdispmodel.png

A10 Warthog Gun VW (resized).jpgA10 Warthog Gun VW (resized).jpg

#982 5 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Do we tell you here, do we send a PM, or do we just tell you the Mach number at your booth?
    Thanks!

Post it here so everyone can be amazed!

#984 5 years ago

We leave today. Nearly 1,000 miles due west on Hwy 50, the loneliest highway.

Travelling as light as we can, not easy when you have a booth. Fortunately the Honda gets 40 MPG so not a lot of expense there.

Its Cali - know the weather will be nice!

#988 5 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Mach 3 right? I had a friend in the Air Force that used to brag about that shell.

Basically, yes. mach 2.98. 1,013 m/s 3,323 f/s or 2266 MPH muzzle velocity. Quite a bit of acceleration for the length of the barrel. Need to calculate the force it carries some day.

What is really disturbing is that ~4,200 of these could be coming at you per minute. Hope your 72 virgins are women! ( - :

See you at the booth

#1280 5 years ago

What a great show and fine group of people. This is how a show should be run, IMHO.

Thanks to all the people that made it possible! Mike & Vala

#1282 5 years ago

No Prob. Can you PM me on how much my GSPF cup holder went for? I shook the ticket cup and there were some in there, just curious how much benefit you guys got for it.

That really felt good helping you guys out. All those volunteers working for free, it felt like the least I could do.

I think I'll bring one for each show. They are pretty nice. mcb

#1303 5 years ago

I was surprised to not se Medieval Madness among the ~350 machines. I played a beautiful original one at TPF, but it also had the original DMD which sucked. I was amazed it actually said "I'm Lord Howard Hurtz, who the F**K are you?" My MMr bleeps this out.

#1318 5 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

...After catching terrible colds at two past shows I found myself making the trip to the sanitizer at the entrance several times a day, by late afternoon Saturday the sanitizer up front was getting close to empty.

I got pink eye last year in Vegas from one of the pins I played. Probably some kid with that condition common to young people played it before me. Was nasty but drops fixed it. I can see if someone was more concerned about ailments than I am would want to use sanitizer or those wipes on a machine before playing it to stay healthy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcbpalisade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=mcbpalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.