(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider japespin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#950 5 years ago

Sparky Do you need anymore EZ-ups? I can bring mine if needed. Looking forward to meeting some fellow pinheads. I've attended Pinagogo the last few years, but first time attending the BBQ.

#1163 5 years ago

What a show. Thank you to everyone involved in making this an amazing event. My only regret is getting up there too late to make it to the BBQ, and missing out on Pin Golf.

THE GOOD:
    - Show organization was on-point. From the pin medics, to the folks up front, to the game layout on the floor, to the raffle and auction. Just well, well put together. Bravo.
    - The Flipper Room, Mezel Mods, Cliffys, and Marco folks were all super friendly people. Great to converse with all of them. (I really need to make my way up to the Flipper Room to visit.)
    - Glad to see the Pinball Classics dude. I always buy parts from him at every show.
    - JJPOTC was way too confusing for me, but Dialed-In is my new favorite Jersey Jack pin. It’s such a well-put together package.
    - Alien was rock solid, and did an amazing job capturing the mood/spirit of the movies. It’s too bad Heighway and company couldn’t get their shit together. I would’ve seriously considered this as my next NIB.
    - Iron Maiden surprisingly blew me away (partly because I didn’t have to listen to their music). The shots on that pin are fun, and the animations are the best yet from Stern. I hope we see more of the same quality animations on Deadpool.
    - Alice Cooper, I didn’t get much playtime on, but I was bricking left and right on. Verdict is still out for me on that one. I really like the “world under glass” it offers though (God, I hate that phrase). Looks good. Hope I see it at CAX this year to give it more run.
    - I actually had a lot of fun playing on the older shallow games like Blackout, Alien Star, Firepower, and Eight Ball. I wouldn’t mind adding one or two to the game room.
    - Joust!!!

THE EHH:
    - Onsite food was blah. I ended up going to a place offsite for dinner.
    - The number of old dudes I saw walking out of the bathroom without washing their hands disgusted me. Made me feel dirty while playing pinball. LOL (Note to self, carry around hand-sanitizer with me next year.)
    - No Batman ‘66???

Would’ve loved to have some seminars on:
    - Maintaining and cleaning pins.
    - Diagnosing common issues with different manufacturer’s pins (Sys80, Sys11, WPC95, etc...)
    - A discussion/fireside chat/ideas on how some of you event/tournament coordinators are getting non-pinball folks involved/enjoying the hobby.

Anyways, just my long-winded personal recap of an awesome event. Thank you again to everyone responsible for making it happen. I hope next year to make it to the BBQ to meet some of y’all. Cheers...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider japespin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=japespin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.