(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago

living in Southern California is becoming perfect for me and pinball. Because of this community right here.

I can't wait until next year. But it's going to be an exciting year!

#44 6 years ago

Agreed beer garden with a sexy girl.

#50 6 years ago

So technically the next years show is the first annual right? Nice.

2 weeks later
    #92 6 years ago

Great pics art. Made me a little sad that I missed the final Pin a go go.

But I love change. I have experienced a great deal of it.

Never been to Lodi. Looking forward to seeing the strange sights around there too, and playing some pinball! And meeting new friends. Rock and roll!

#98 6 years ago

I met Casey Davis through pinball a few years ago. He is missed in the pinball community.

I went to his funeral sadly. But there was a band playing live rock and roll. Some of Caseys favorite songs. I remember thinking, I had never seen such loud rock and roll in a church. Later we closed the mancave. Caseys Mancave.

It was a good night.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #123 6 years ago

I'm guessing this brewery is close enough.

https://russianriverbrewing.com/collections/gift-shop

Not super close but we are talking about Russian river here. From what I've heard it is worth a trip.

#125 6 years ago

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/863/7971/

I no longer drink, but to miss pliney the elder might be a real miss. For the beer aficionado. I'm pretty sure people fly in just to go there.

Personally I thought sculpin was just fine.

I would hate to go to Vegas and then not go to the strip.

#126 6 years ago

2.5 hours to pliney from Lodi.

If I drank that is a yes. But since I don't drink anymore I will just play pinball. I tried pliney though. It was good.

#127 6 years ago

The only reason I brought up pliney is because I have a friend down here who is into pinball, likes his pliney as much as his pinball. They should get Russian river at the show.

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

A little teaser of the new location. Taken today.

What a tease!

1 month later
    #171 6 years ago

California extreme Saturday, cough cough sorry.

1 week later
    #178 6 years ago

I hope you all are going to make it to banning too, before this.

All this and Christmas is coming...

1 month later
    #206 6 years ago

Critical hit tournament at ayce Gogi in la today. This is about to get real!

1 week later
    #210 6 years ago

One thing is certain. I will be at the Lodi festival before the game of thrones final season.

Waiting waiting and more waiting.

Looking forward. To both.

3 weeks later
    #247 6 years ago

You know I wanted to ask. Steve Charlands spirit. I hope some one local got that. Did I see it at cAl extreme?

I hope some one local got it. So you all can still play it.

I would have snagged it if I was able to get to that auction. But I hope it stays around.

#251 6 years ago

Excellent. That is even better than me getting it! I have already played it I think. Several times over the last few years.

1 week later
    #260 6 years ago

https://arcadeexpo.myshopify.com/products/pinball-madness-

I got lucky and i am going to pinball madness Sunday only.

but all day!

hope to see some pinsiders!

#261 6 years ago

You know I'm excited about going. Just went to one day in banning.

I can wait but I can't wait. Does that make sense?

But between now and then is Christmas. Long time. Long good time. I'll be there though for sure!

When say we are going to close the place We mean it.

Banning.

5 months later
    #635 6 years ago

Getting excited about my 6.5 hour drive north.

This year I can only go one day but in the Future years I hope to attend all the days...

Picture not supposed to be attached here.

1 week later
    #694 5 years ago

I am attending on the Saturday full day.

My first trip ever to Lodi! It was not exactly simple for me to attend this year. I don't want to miss because it is the first. In fifteen years I can say yes I was there at the first one.

Just like arcade expo.

#743 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Sunday at Pinball University! Spooky goes west!
    Since it's their first time on the west coast, they'll discuss the start of Spooky Pinball and how they went from America's Most Haunted to Total Nuclear Annihilation & Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle in 5 short years. Might we see some new games at the show? Yes, we might! There will be an autograph session after the presentation.
    Charlie Emery quit a job of 21 years in the print industry to start Spooky Pinball LLC (with Kayte Emery). He does everything from game design to artwork prep & printing, laser cutting, and daily operations of the shop. He also has been the co-host of the Spooky Pinball Podcast for the last 8 years (hosted by their son, Bug).
    *all speakers subject to change*

It sounds to me like I need to somehow do Sunday too.

#745 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We'll have plenty of RVs nearby if you need to rest in a quiet place and save your energy for Sunday

Thanks my fiancée got us a room in Stockton somewhere. With a balcony so I can smoke my medical marijuana easily.

My original plan was to be there on Saturday only. Now I can't see a reason why working it out to be there Sunday too.

The spookie info looks like information I would like to see.

#763 5 years ago

Northern Cali here I come.

#764 5 years ago

The events with spooky on Sunday made me stay an extra day. Good call promoters.

#788 5 years ago

Oops wrong thread vintage California postcards from last gasp books. Sort of appropriate...

https://lastgasp.com/d/43603/greetings-from-california

I can be counted on for this kind of nonsense.

#827 5 years ago

I would like a lanyard please.

#845 5 years ago

Thanks I must have misread that the lanyards were for everyone. I’ll bring my own markings then thank you. Also thanks for the offer to give up theirs. I am going to hunt for my pin a go go lanyard from four years ago. Pretty sure it is exactly this if I still have it.

#855 5 years ago

I sense great fun this year at the golden state inaugural.

The stage is setting nicely!

#856 5 years ago

Here us a link to the main page again. Have fun Friday night! See you all there sat and sun.

And all those promises of the sweet green. I heard those!

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org

#1061 5 years ago

being distracted is such a critical part of my recovery.
    Major distraction incoming!

#1074 5 years ago

I’m getting very f ing excited. Ignore me now, If needed. I am going to enjoy this trip. Rock and roll!

#1126 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

My games survived the Friday crowd, but I expect today and Sunday to be the true test of our games. With a new venue and a larger turnout than ever before, I expect today to be nothing short of epic.
    Hell, my games fared far better than I did. I threw my back out, got 6 mosquito bites, and woke up with a mild hangover.
    Day 2, let’s do this!

Mosquito bites what the heck. We don't seem to have mosquitos in California. I'll watch out for them here in Lodi!

#1134 5 years ago

Within the hour...

#1156 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The Lost In Space here is so awesome. Fiber optic ramp. Tricked out lighting. Cell pic does it no justice. The spinning disk multiball start is better than Xmen LE. We all walked away wanting one. Who knew?

I’m going to make sure I try exactly that one today. Now.

Also I am going to spend some time on alien and kill bill.

I have also now realized I def want a Bram stokers Dracula. Eventually.

#1188 5 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

I agree about the no paper towel situation and those dryers sucked!
    On the other hand your RoboCop machine was kick ass and I was bummed when I saw it was being worked on but I did manage to get in a couple games before the show went dark, only wished I had the funds otherwise I would have come home with 4 machines instead of my 3, look forward to playing it again if you bring it next year!

The hand dryers. Lol. I wanted to take a picture of the logo and put it up here as a joke. But I am pretty sure I've never taken a picture in the bathroom and I don't want to start now.

The hand dryers sucked. Easily remedied.

But I did want to say, as a handicapped guy I notice these things now. Everyone that was in there when I was washed thier hands anyways.

I want to say more about the show but had to comment on the hand washers. Those puppies are ready for retirement.

But like I said, easily remedied, also not the organizers fault IMO. The bathrooms were clean.

More other real comments to follow...

#1189 5 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

AND where were you,Azmodius,and Moto-cat at 7 pm sat!!???We were all set up!C U next year guys!!!!

It's a problem for me nights now.

I thought I would make it to seven pm but that was a no.

It's the stroke and three brain surgeries. I'm up at dawn and out by six now. I try to fight it.

I got to meet fireball2 the next day, as he was breaking camp.

Next year I will be there again! The show was great!

#1190 5 years ago

Hawk moon I almost missed you in the crowds but your shirt help me spot you. That was good.

#1196 5 years ago

I traveled from Fullerton California. It's about a 6.5 hour drive or 8 hour trip usually.

I went to stay Saturday and Sunday all day.

Normally I would just do Saturday but changed my mind due to spooky doing a seminar on Sunday.

I told him as much.

The pinsiders and new people I met are amazing.

The show was great and exactly what I expected in most ways.

I understand the nature of this show and banning are different.

My Fiancée Veronika asked before the show about this.

She is used to banning where all of the collection is stable, doesn't leave. All owned by John weeks, versus how this show works with show participants bringing thier games.

I know this team for the golden state pinball is passionate about pinball, it showed.

I also know I am very fortunate I should get to go again next year. And again and again.

The drive is about twice a round trip to Vegas one way. For me, and most of Los Angeles and Orange County.

It is worth the drive. You all will be seeing me there. Every year.

#1202 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Got back home about 10pm. There wasn't any way I was gonna unload 7 machines by mice elf last night. Took today off so's I can do it leisurely, because I am still tattered. The show was the BEST EVAR. Lots of machines, lots of opportunities to play, killer swap meet, and of course the people... and the campground. Oh baby, it was a great time out there. We are definitely going to take it up a notch next year. I think more money went over the glass in gambling on Oh Boy in camp than I paid JimmyB for the machine! Aaron's Star Wars Pro was getting jealous of all the attention. The late night tourney was a kick to watch, and it was just groovy cruising camp and hanging with people.

I was going to do some name-checking here, but the list is too long and I would have trouble remembering all the actual names... But there were a lot of people I met for the first time in person that I will definitely be hanging out with again next year, if not sooner.
    Still trying to think of a name for the campcade/hangout... Mebbe The Decompression Chamber? There seemed to be a lot of that.
    Wotta time. Steve, I have your money! I found mine!
    I MUST HAVE A TX-SECTOR!

The tx sector sounds carried over all the other games for me. I have a friend who has one. I like it.

#1206 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

That topper idea. That is very good.

#1278 5 years ago

If you do not yet attend these types of shows, and you are reading this. You need to go.

To the next one.

#1306 5 years ago

For the next raffle you guys need to get Marco to donate a brand new pin.

Stretch goal!

Veronika argued that she won on this game of frontier. No she didn’t I explained.

She was like “that is bs I won...”

That’s why I took the picture.

D323F61B-F6DF-4ABE-BDA6-8E72AC833008 (resized).jpegD323F61B-F6DF-4ABE-BDA6-8E72AC833008 (resized).jpeg

#1320 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

There was a lot of questions last year about being able to move it and keep the same feel.. I can speak for my self and everyone I talked to and say YOU GUYS DID IT! NICE WORK!!!
    Same Great feel with even better enjoyment! Thanks to the show crew for all of there hard work.
    JJ

Yes all of this. I can't wait for number two.

1 week later
    #1381 5 years ago

Even though I am handicapped I hope to bring machines to the show here someday. One of the posters mentioned his Excalibur. I played that twice.

I like the dynamic of bringing games. This is a great show!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread?tu=Azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.