(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 29.
    #401 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

look at this pinheads.

Mr. Gone posted it about 5 months ago. It's in the image gallery.

#402 6 years ago

The official Golden State Pinball Festival thread is like a baseball game.
    You have to pay attention or you might get hit with a fastball.

#403 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

The official Golden State Pinball Festival thread is like a baseball game.
    You have to pay attention or you might get hit with a fastball.

Found it, thanks Sparky and Mrgone.
    I want one.

#406 6 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

"Too soon!"
    -mof

Official announcement's coming soon.

#407 6 years ago

Any shirts printed up yet? I sure would like to rock a Golden State Pinball Festival at TPF.
    My PAGG shirts were quite the conversation starters at Chicago Expo last year. Of course there seemed to be a lot of PAGG stuff to talk about a few months ago.

#408 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Any shirts printed up yet? I sure would like to rock a Golden State Pinball Festival at TPF.
    My PAGG shirts were quite the conversation starters at Chicago Expo last year. Of course there seemed to be a lot of PAGG stuff to talk about a few months ago.

I don’t think any have been made yet.

#409 6 years ago

Kinda sorta bringing an AC/DC Luci VE to the show. Taking delivery there from Marco.

#410 6 years ago

Do they make a pin gulp for that AC/DC that will custom fit a tiki cup?

#411 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Do they make a pin gulp for that AC/DC that will custom fit a tiki cup?

We've been talking with our charitable partner the Worlds of Wonder Science Museum about 3D printing cub holders. I bet we could make one that would fit a tiki glass!

#412 6 years ago

Rooms still available in Lodi and nearby areas.
    Check hotels.png for availability.
    They are going fast.

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Rooms still available in Lodi and nearby areas.
    Check hotels.png for availability.
    They are going fast.

Here's some results from hotels.com. 4 of these are within minutes of the venue. El Rancho is next store.

Hotels (resized).pngHotels (resized).png

#414 6 years ago

Cheddar... Just booked my room. El Rancho at $75 night, 2 queen beds and 1 mile from the show. Really stoked to be there with my son (Jason). We usually bring 3-4 pins as well.

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

We've been talking with our charitable partner the Worlds of Wonder Science Museum about 3D printing cub holders. I bet we could make one that would fit a tiki glass!

I like where you guys are going with this, but tiki mugs come in many shapes and sizes. Not sure what would be nearest to Universal Fit. And being wide open at the top (unlike beer bottles) they may be prone to splills from nudging. Just my initial thoughts.

Speaking of drinks, are we allowed to drink wherever we want at this new venue? I'm tempted to make some flaming Volcano Bowls on Sat night. Would anyone be interested in that?

tiki mugs (resized).jpgtiki mugs (resized).jpg

#416 6 years ago

Alright pinheads, we are T-70 days and counting!
    It is going to blow your mind.
    Stay tuned!

#417 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I like where you guys are going with this, but tiki mugs come in many shapes and sizes. Not sure what would be nearest to Universal Fit. And being wide open at the top (unlike beer bottles) they may be prone to splills from nudging. Just my initial thoughts.
    Speaking of drinks, are we allowed to drink wherever we want at this new venue? I'm tempted to make some flaming Volcano Bowls on Sat night. Would anyone be interested in that?

In

#418 6 years ago

Announcing the latest sponsor for the golden state pinball festival.

IMG_5222 (resized).PNGIMG_5222 (resized).PNG

#419 6 years ago

So, bre sure to thank them and purchase some of the fine cheeses the carry.

#420 6 years ago

Will Marcos be a vendor this year?

#421 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Will Marcos be a vendor this year?

All signs point to yes.

You bring joy to all who know you.
    6-15-23-24-37-49

#422 6 years ago

Thanks bro.

#423 6 years ago

Marcos is not only a proud sponsor of the show, they will also be a vendor.

#424 6 years ago

That's It! Cheese! Wine and Pinball. Getting Fancy.

#425 6 years ago

I wine a lot about how cheese-y this show is becoming.

#426 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That's It! Cheese! Wine and Pinball. Getting Fancy.
    » YouTube video

now you can bring that non pinball friend (seriously who has those?) to the show so they can get wine-hammered!

#427 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

get wine-hammered!

You rang?

#429 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I can’t make the show...but would love one of the Show Posters with the bears to hang in my gameroom. Can anyone help me out and pick one up/send to me? PM if you can lend a hand.

Still need some help getting a poster....talked to organizers and they don't have the infrastructure to sell them online and ship. This would look great alongside my Dirty Donny Wizards, the Cowboy themed Golden State, Pinsanity, and SF Beer Festival pinball themed posters i have framed in my gameroom....

#431 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

The user name checks out

With a name like Cheddar, we had to have cheese.

#432 6 years ago

Coming summer 2018 from fox! There's a new team in town with that original flavor Cheddar & Vino. The law is sharp!

#433 6 years ago

I just designed myself this t-shirt for the show.

watermarked_big (resized).jpgwatermarked_big (resized).jpg

Only after years of moving pins, drinking beer and standing in one place for extended periods of time can you earn a pinball bod. It's a true accomplishment.

#434 6 years ago

That beats my “Hookers and Blow” t shirt!

#435 6 years ago

Is color dmd going to be a vendor?

#436 6 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Is color dmd going to be a vendor?

I will find out and report back.
    64 days and counting until Showtime!

#437 6 years ago

CDMD is at TPF, if anyone sees him there please encourage him to go to Golden State.

#438 6 years ago

Yeah,and tell him to bring a couple of new DMDs for GB,PLEASE!!!!

#439 6 years ago

Greetings fellow pinheads!

Yes, it's that time of year again!!! Golden State Pinball Festival (GSPF) is gearing up and we need you, your enthusiasm, and your games! Are you ready to share the joy of the silver ball and help raise money for our amazing partner, the World of Wonders Science Museum? Here at GSPF HQ things are really starting to heat up and we are ready for you to start signing your machines up! The sign up form is up and ready to go, just head on over to the URL below and follow the instructions:

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/bring-games/

Just like in prior years, you can earn a free weekend pass, sweet lanyard, Saturday breakfast and so much more by simply bringing two fully working games. Keep in mind these two simple rules when bringing games in exchange for a free weekend pass:
    - Games must be in working condition!
    - Games need to remain on the premises for play until Sunday after 5pm.

Games can be setup in Lodi on Thursday, May 17th, from 9:00 AM until 7:00 PM and Friday, May 19th, from 8:00 AM until noon. Keep in mind the new location in Lodi:

Lodi Grape Festival grounds
    413 E. Lockeford Street
    Lodi, California 95240

Show opens 1:00 PM on Friday. We encourage you to leave your games until show closing at 5:00 PM on Sunday, May 20th. Games can be removed after this time and also on Monday morning, May 21st, from the main hall. If you have to take a game out early we understand but please let us know during check-in so we can plan accordingly.

Many thanks from all of us at the Golden State Pinball Festival!

#440 6 years ago

We are T-63 days and counting people! Let's get those games signed up!
    Let's book those rooms!
    Let's get Excited for our show!!!!!

For all those that have not seen the venue yet,
    It's going to blow your mind!

See you all there!!!!!!!!!

#441 6 years ago

FLASH!!!!!!!!!!

On May 18th, Go For The Kill

On May 18th Pinnovating will premiere the custom pinball machine Kill Bill at the Golden State Pinball Festival.

The show is thrilled to host game programmer Dennis van de Pas as he presents the game. Dennis will walk us through his process to take the concept from donor game, art direction, technology and game rules to finished game. To celebrate this milestone the game will be available for our guests to play at the show.

Pinnovating is the collaboration between Dennis van de Pas and Mr Ink. Dennis was the programmer behind Demolition Man on Steroids and The Matrix and provided his coding skills on Kill Bill. Mr Ink a world renown airbrush artist with a passion for custom creations.

Their progress online has been thrilling to watch. The Golden State Pinball Festival is thankful to Dennis and Geert for sharing this pinnovation.

The Golden State Pinball Festival is being held in Lodi CA May 18 - 20. More information is available at www.goldenstatepinball.org

#442 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH!!!!!!!!!!
    On May 18th, Go For The Kill
    On May 18th Pinnovating will premiere the custom pinball machine Kill Bill at the Golden State Pinball Festival.
    The show is thrilled to host game programmer Dennis van de Pas as he presents the game. Dennis will walk us through his process to take the concept from donor game, art direction, technology and game rules to finished game. To celebrate this milestone the game will be available for our guests to play at the show.
    Pinnovating is the collaboration between Dennis van de Pas and Mr Ink. Dennis was the programmer behind Demolition Man on Steroids and The Matrix and provided his coding skills on Kill Bill. Mr Ink a world renown airbrush artist with a passion for custom creations.
    Their progress online has been thrilling to watch. The Golden State Pinball Festival is thankful to Dennis and Geert for sharing this pinnovation.
    The Golden State Pinball Festival is being held in Lodi CA May 18 - 20. More information is available at http://www.goldenstatepinball.org

Amazing news!

#443 6 years ago

Everyone can relax... Spanish Eyes will be at the show.

#444 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Everyone can relax... Spanish Eyes will be at the show.

So it's working?

#446 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

So it's working?

Of course not, hahahaha. I only bring broken games then I get to work on them all weekend (see Dredd, Judge).

#447 6 years ago

Ok pinheads, we are T-60 days and counting until the start of the Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!
    Start getting your travel plans finalized, your games cleaned and tuned, and get ready for the best little play Niall show west of the Mississippi! See you all in 60 days!

#448 6 years ago

Maybe an obvious question, but any word yet on how many games Spooky may be bringing?

#449 6 years ago

After enjoying TPF vicariously from my desktop I'm even more ready for our show!

#450 6 years ago

Any word if color dmd will be at the show?

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.