(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.
    #351 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

The show is right before my birthday, so the night prior, I'm treating myself to a VIP Weird Al Experience! Awesome seat, meet & greet, photos of us, autograph, Weird Al wristwatch, framed set list, pre show Weird Al Jeopardy game show and much more. No hits! No parody songs! The back of the T-shirt says it all!

Jackson Park Express is one of my favorite WAY songs. He'll probably lay that one although he isn't coming close enough for me.to go see him. I am taking my 16yo daughter to see Depeche Mode on the 24th.

#352 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Jackson Park Express is one of my favorite WAY songs. He'll probably lay that one although he isn't coming close enough for me.to go see him. I am taking my 16yo daughter to see Depeche Mode on the 24th.

I just played "One More Minute" for my wife. In spite of herself, she cracked up.

#353 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Thumbs up for both Jackson Park Express and Depeche Mode....you've raised your daughter well.

#354 6 years ago

80 days until showtime!

#355 6 years ago

Hey pinheads, just a reminder about the new and greatly improved swap meet area at golden state pinball festival.

That's right, the swap meet area is covered,
    Like a really big rv parking area. So your wares will stay dry and in the shade.
    Another added bonus is there is power there. 110 outlets everywhere so if you have a project game you want to plug in you can.

So if you have parts to sell, or trade, or you are looking for a part, the swap meet on Saturday will be a must.

See you there.

#356 6 years ago

We are going to the Weird Al show too! Didn't spring for the VIP stuff this time, but we did it for the Mandatory Fun show and it was awesome. We were front row and when Al came down into the crowd he got all up in my wife's business, it was hilarious!

#357 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Hey pinheads, just a reminder about the new and greatly improved swap meet area at golden state pinball festival.
    That's right, the swap meet area is covered,
    Like a really big rv parking area. So your wares will stay dry and in the shade.
    Another added bonus is there is power there. 110 outlets everywhere so if you have a project game you want to plug in you can.
    So if you have parts to sell, or trade, or you are looking for a part, the swap meet on Saturday will be a must.
    See you there.

We should have plenty of seating and picnic tables nearby to hang out and enjoy the festive atmosphere!

#358 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

We are going to the Weird Al show too! Didn't spring for the VIP stuff this time, but we did it for the Mandatory Fun show and it was awesome. We were front row and when Al came down into the crowd he got all up in my wife's business, it was hilarious!

How cool! I've been a fan since his college radio station show on KCPR in San Luis Obispo. (It was on after Dr. Demento) Seen him several times but this feels kinda special.

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I went to that show at the Gallo Center as well, although I was up in the cheap seats. Al still puts on a great show!

#360 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

How cool! I've been a fan since his college radio station show on KCPR in San Luis Obispo. (It was on after Dr. Demento) Seen him several times but this feels kinda special.

Yeah, totally agree. AL shows are predictably awesome, but I'm pretty jazzed to see his quasi unplugged take on himself.

#361 6 years ago

He's been to Pins and Needles before so I guess he's into pinball - someone should invite him to the GSPF

#362 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

He's been to Pins and Needles before so I guess he's into pinball - someone should invite him to the GSPF

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

#363 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

I just posted an invite to his Facebook page. Anyone know of any other ways to contact him?

#364 6 years ago

Book your rooms, fellas! They are going fast. I just booked mine.

Remember that time I brought tiki drinks for the BBQ last year and the cops pulled me over leaving the show and saw a shitload of open booze bottles in my back seat?

#365 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Book your rooms, fellas! They are going fast. I just booked mine.
    Remember that time I brought tiki drinks for the BBQ last year and the cops pulled me over leaving the show and saw a shitload of open booze bottles in my back seat?

We're fortunate that the festival grounds are within minutes of I-99 so in addition to the hotels in Lodi you have access to any hotels in Galt and Stockton that are near the freeway. For example the Galt hotels are 10 minutes from the show.

#366 6 years ago

cant wait!

#367 6 years ago

Saw AL back in the day at State Fair. Free. By myself. Nobody would go with me...

#368 6 years ago

FLASH!!!!
    Lodi beer company is now an official sponsor of the golden state pinball festival.

That means the bar is open, the taps will be flowing.

See you there.

IMG_5109 (resized).PNGIMG_5109 (resized).PNG

#369 6 years ago

Very grateful to not have to give the finger wagging “now you fellas behave in the parking lot” speech this year. Especially since I was never the saint myself.

#370 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Since Charlie is coming from Spooky should we try and have even more of their games on hand? I've brought my AMH the last couple years but only can bring one in my vehicle and am planning on TnA this year - but if I can get help may be able to bring AMH too

I picked up an AMH recently, so could haul mine up possibly if you can't Gene.

#371 6 years ago

I'm not too familiar with Lodi.... anyone know the availability of Uber in the area?

Even though I'm staying pretty close to the venue, I plan on showing my appreciation to Lodi Beer Co by being a regular customer throughout the weekend. (I know; very magnanimous of me, but it's the least I can do.)

#372 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm not too familiar with Lodi.... anyone know the availability of Uber in the area?

I'll see what I can find out

Screenshot_20180303-071612 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180303-071612 (resized).png

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH!!!!
    Lodi beer company is now an official sponsor of the golden state pinball festival.
    That means the bar is open, the taps will be flowing.
    See you there.

Well, looks like I definitely need to book that room now!

#374 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I'll see what I can find out

Thank you!

#375 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Well, looks like I definitely need to book that room now!

I got a good rate at the Motel 6, booking through the Motel 6 site. Very close and looks nice enough.

#376 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I got a good rate at the Motel 6, booking through the Motel 6 site. Very close and looks nice enough.

Not like you'll spend much there.

#377 6 years ago

Does Marco or any of the other vendors bring PF glass for sale?
    thx

#378 6 years ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to YouTube channel 8-bit-pit!! An interesting channel with arcade and pinball restorations. He will be at the festival with games and gave it a nice advert on his last broadcast. Demonetized as a result of new youtube policies, so I know he would appreciate some subscribers and channel watching.

I apologize if this is bad form. I do not know this person, just thought it was cool that he advocated going to the show.

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

thx

Marco will deliver free to the show but not sure about glass.

Our friend Cody found a place in sac that cut standard glass.for us are $33/sheet

#380 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

Just wanted to give a shout out to YouTube channel 8-bit-pit!! An interesting channel with arcade and pinball restorations. He will be at the festival with games and gave it a nice advert on his last broadcast. Demonetized as a result of new youtube policies, so I know he would appreciate some subscribers and channel watching.
    » YouTube video
    I apologize if this is bad form. I do not know this person, just thought it was cool that he advocated going to the show.

I know Drew. He is a good guy and comes to the ca shows. Definitely support his YouTube channel.

#381 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Our friend Cody found a place in sac that cut standard glass.for us are $33/sheet

Tempered?

#382 6 years ago

Yep, ground edge (not full rounded) and no bug

#383 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I was there. Great times.

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I know Drew. He is a good guy and comes to the ca shows. Definitely support his YouTube channel.

Quoted from Jerryuop:

» YouTube video

Aww you guys! Thanks for the shout out! Can't wait for the show!

#385 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

What's the name of the glass place in Sac.?

#386 6 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

What's the name of the glass place in Sac.?

Central Valley Glass & Screen

#387 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yeah, totally agree. AL shows are predictably awesome, but I'm pretty jazzed to see his quasi unplugged take on himself.

So where are you guys seeing him? Turlock on Friday, Oakland on Saturday, or Napa on Sunday? I see Turlock is not yet sold out, and I live 10 mins from Turlock, but DAMN! I'll be in Lodi that night!

#388 6 years ago

Just registered three Gottlieb EMs that I will be bringing to the show.

The gates are now open for all to participate!

#389 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

So where are you guys seeing him? Turlock on Friday, Oakland on Saturday, or Napa on Sunday? I see Turlock is not yet sold out, and I live 10 mins from Turlock, but DAMN! I'll be in Lodi that night!

I'm seeing him in Monterey on Thursday....checking in to my room in Lodi the next day.

#390 6 years ago

I'll be seeing him in Sac on Tuesday nite.

#391 6 years ago

Will there be “pinball church” in Lodi and what time does mass start on Sunday morning?

#392 6 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

thx

Will Rick/BAA be vending at the show this year? You can usually pre-order sheets from him for like $20/$25 (I don't recall exactly how much) He does standard and widebody.

#393 6 years ago

75 days and counting.

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Will there be “pinball church” in Lodi and what time does mass start on Sunday morning?

Silverball Church is listed on GoldenStatePinball.org and starts at 9AM on Sunday

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Central Valley Glass & Screen

thanks

#396 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

75 days and counting.

7DA120DF-A82A-4EA4-AAA6-7F462B417B73 (resized).jpeg7DA120DF-A82A-4EA4-AAA6-7F462B417B73 (resized).jpeg16BDC37E-8EAF-4D83-99E2-D6C84BB1172B (resized).jpeg16BDC37E-8EAF-4D83-99E2-D6C84BB1172B (resized).jpeg

#397 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Not like you'll spend much there.

True, but surprisingly it was $50 cheaper booking through the Motel 6 site than those sites that are supposed to save you $ (priceline, hotels.com, expedia, etc). Just passing along the tip.

#398 6 years ago

I can’t make the show...but would love one of the Show Posters with the bears to hang in my gameroom. Can anyone help me out and pick one up/send to me? PM if you can lend a hand.

#399 6 years ago

I haven't seen a show poster. Practiclesteve?

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.