(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.
    #301 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

... Maybe a nice lineup of like at least 5? ...

I would love to see a row of TNA at GSPF! Let's see how many we can get there.

I may have new one available if it's paid for in advance and is at the show all weekend for play in the line up. Email me if interested.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#302 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I would love to see a row of TNA at GSPF! Let's see how many we can get there.
    I may have new one available if it's paid for in advance and is at the show all weekend for play in the line up. Email me if interested.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

I'd love to see this. If someone was ready and had the cash maybe we could get an Alice Cooper too?

#303 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I'd love to see this. If someone was ready and had the cash maybe we could get an Alice Cooper too?

Certainly possible. Mostly depends on if Spooky has them coming off the line or not.

If it's at all possible, I will definitely do my best to make it happen.

I can also confirm though, that Multimorphic's P³, Lexy Lightspeed-Escape from Earth will be there as well! =)

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#304 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Certainly possible. Mostly depends on if Spooky has them coming off the line or not.
    If it's at all possible, I will definitely do my best to make it happen.
    I can also confirm though, that Multimorphic's P³, Lexy Lightspeed-Escape from Earth will be there as well! =)
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

I got the chance to play Lexi lightspeed at coin op when it was there. It's a fun and unique game.

#305 6 years ago

Looking forward to making my first trip to Lodi.

#306 6 years ago

hey hey! I haven't been on Pinside in forever but I am getting pumped now to see old friends!

Reminder to give Goldenstatepin a follow on instagram and twitter (Although I am not so good at the tweets) and like us on facebook for photos, updates, and hopefully some contests.

#307 6 years ago

I didn't read this whole thread. The Smith family from Boise is coming.
    Any news on room deals? It looks like the Holiday Inn is booked on some of the nights.

Dwayne

#308 6 years ago
    Quoted from Boise_D:

I didn't read this whole thread. The Smith family from Boise is coming.
    Any news on room deals? It looks like the Holiday Inn is booked on some of the nights.
    Dwayne

Best Western on the west side of town (roughly 15 min drive from show) still has rooms available at around $150 a night. Check their site out here: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.05645.html

I just checked in with Hampton Inn in Lodi, which is real close to show, but their prices are really high now. Over $200 a night.

#309 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Best Western on the west side of town (roughly 15 min drive from show) still has rooms available at around $150 a night. Check their site out here: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.05645.html
    I just checked in with Hampton Inn in Lodi, which is real close to show, but their prices are really high now. Over $200 a night.

Yikes.....thanks for the heads up!

You're right; Hampton Inn is ridiculous. I just booked a room from them though and justified the price in my mind because 1) I only travel to two pinball shows a year and 2) The proximity to GSPF.

Even with my Honor members discount, final cost for two days was $523. For a Hampton. In Lodi. Oof.

Here's hoping next year they offer a special GSPF discount.

#310 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

You're right; Hampton Inn is ridiculous. I just booked a room from them though and justified the price in my mind because 1) I only travel to two pinball shows a year and 2) The proximity to GSPF.
    Even with my Honor members discount, final cost for two days was $523. For a Hampton. In Lodi. Oof.

Yeah I called and chatted with their sales manager a few times. They very much wanted to work with us but didn't have the capacity at the time (another function going on that weekend). Will keep working on building relationships with all the main hotels and get more group rates as our reputation builds.

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm just glad you will be there Man.

#312 6 years ago

Oh, by the way.
    101 DAYS UNTIL THE GOLDEN STATE PINBALL FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YEAH BABY!!!!!

#313 6 years ago

Mr Cheddar,

When do you need volunteer sign ups and machines to be registered?

(And you are welcome for the plug!)

#314 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

machines to be registered?

I can speak to the call for games, we target mid March for our big push for games. That's when we turn on the sign up link and start the email and phone campaigns. Stay tuned!

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Mr Cheddar,
    When do you need volunteer sign ups and machines to be registered?
    (And you are welcome for the plug!)

I'll start volunteer signups April 1

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Oh, by the way.
    101 DAYS UNTIL THE GOLDEN STATE PINBALL FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YEAH BABY!!!!!

2C775764-9903-465D-9298-26293B337E77 (resized).png2C775764-9903-465D-9298-26293B337E77 (resized).png

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I'm just glad you will be there Man.

Wouldn't miss it.....Can't wait to see you, Spencer!

#318 6 years ago

Wife and I called the "Wine& roses,Spa&hotel!! $350.pr.nite. Best western,here we come!! Looking forward to seeing-not-seeing everybody!! Well,glad to hear from you, Practicalsteve,will your co.do the flyers again this year???I understand there will also be another venue at Dixon,same time? 2018 will rock!! C U all there!!!!

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wife and I called the "Wine& roses,Spa&hotel!! $350.pr.nite. Best western,here we come!! Looking forward to seeing-not-seeing everybody!! Well,glad to hear from you, Practicalsteve,will your co.do the flyers again this year???I understand there will also be another venue at Dixon,same time? 2018 will rock!! C U all there!!!!

Wine & Roses is the nicest hotel in town! It's the hot spot for weddings all summer. Great restaurant and banquet facilities. Shocked it's only $350 a night.

#320 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Practicalsteve,will your co.do the flyers again this year???!

we have printed a LOT of flyers and business cards already, the crews have been handing them out when they are out promoting at local comic and science shows. I am sure there will be some stacks at the show that weekend as well.

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Thanks - I booked at Best Western too. See you there!

#322 6 years ago

If you're coming to Golden State why not take home a new in box game. We have special show pricing for many new titles. Send me a PM for details.

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I understand there will also be another venue at Dixon,same time?

No, not at the same time. The Dixon show will be later in the year, during the fall.

#324 6 years ago

100 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some new surprises coming soon.
    Stay tuned.

#325 6 years ago

99 days and counting.

#326 6 years ago

Pin A Lodi

#327 6 years ago

GO-GO-NO-MO!

#328 6 years ago

Hey Gang,

Just an update on hotel space, I checked yesterday and we still have rooms under our group rate at the local Holiday Inn (while they last). The critical bit is that you put in a group code of "PIN" to see our locked in rate.

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS
    1337 E Kettleman Lane
    Lodi, CA 95240
    209-210-0150
    Group code: PIN (must mention when making reservation).
    Minimum 2 night stay, $159 night.

Cheers!

#329 6 years ago

we may make the drive down, is there a buy sell thread started yet?

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

we may make the drive down, is there a buy sell thread started yet?

Time to start one pin-pimp

#331 6 years ago

i got rooms, coming down. as of now i can bring a bugs bunny, proto skyline wedghead and have a new in box rob zombie. sell/trade.
    also have new cleared Bride PF, new bride ramps, chrome bride head and full set of 80s bally boards and displays all working from my fathom and a system 11C power driver board.

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

is there a buy sell thread started yet?

Was just about to ask this. I gotta coupla things that might make the trip if anybody is innarested... And always looking for trades.

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin-pimp:

displays all working from my fathom

How much for the 6 digit for ball in play and credits?

#335 6 years ago

Hey pinheads!
    Golden State Pinball Festival is proud to Announce Game Exchange is now not just a vendor but a show sponsor.
    Thank you to JJ for all the support. Stay tuned as we we will be announcing more show vendors and sponsors soon.
    As soon as high command tells me it's ok to tell you all. See you all in may.

#336 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Hey pinheads!
    Golden State Pinball Festival is proud to Announce Game Exchange is now not just a vendor but a show sponsor.
    Thank you to JJ for all the support. Stay tuned as we we will be announcing more show vendors and sponsors soon.
    As soon as high command tells me it's ok to tell you all. See you all in may.

Taro approved! =)

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

#337 6 years ago

High,Ho,High Ho,its off to Lodi we go!! With a wiily Dilly wheee,and a joint for free,High ho high ho!!!!!C U all there!!!

#338 6 years ago

Hampton Inn rooms still available. 30K points. Booked and can't wait!

#339 6 years ago

We are T-90 days and counting.

#340 6 years ago

Since Charlie is coming from Spooky should we try and have even more of their games on hand? I've brought my AMH the last couple years but only can bring one in my vehicle and am planning on TnA this year - but if I can get help may be able to bring AMH too

#341 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Since Charlie is coming from Spooky should we try and have even more of their games on hand? I've brought my AMH the last couple years but only can bring one in my vehicle and am planning on TnA this year - but if I can get help may be able to bring AMH too

Is Charlie's presence breaking news, or did I miss this announcement? I don't see this on the website, FB, or this thread.

#342 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

It would be awesome to have all the spooky titles. Borygard is bringing a TNA. I know a guy with an RZ. Maybe spooky will bring an Alice Cooper?

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Is Charlie's presence breaking news, or did I miss this announcement? I don't see this on the website, FB, or this thread.

Charlie mentioned it on the Head2Head pinball podcast that recently came out

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/02/19/episode-31-charlie-emery-from-spooky-pinball/

#344 6 years ago

As others have stated, and I am also confirming here, Spooky pinball will be represented By Charlie Emery at the Golden State Pinball Festival!
    So when you come to the show, stop by Spooky pinball, say hello and make sure to welcome Spooky pinball to their first West coast show.

#345 6 years ago

The Camping Link on the GSPF web page doesn't give me any info about the new place. Anybody know how I might make a reservation?
    Already giddy...

#346 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

The Camping Link on the GSPF web page doesn't give me any info about the new place. Anybody know how I might make a reservation?
    Already giddy...

We're not ready to start taking reservations. We have a ton of space. We'll announce when the system is ready.

#347 6 years ago

82 days and counting.

#348 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

82 days and counting.

333A5002-3257-47DA-B28F-0B5DF886D9C9 (resized).png333A5002-3257-47DA-B28F-0B5DF886D9C9 (resized).png

#349 6 years ago

The show is right before my birthday, so the night prior, I'm treating myself to a VIP Weird Al Experience! Awesome seat, meet & greet, photos of us, autograph, Weird Al wristwatch, framed set list, pre show Weird Al Jeopardy game show and much more. No hits! No parody songs! The back of the T-shirt says it all!

28335891_10155913929386005_5604648813878402241_o (resized).jpg28335891_10155913929386005_5604648813878402241_o (resized).jpg
    28379741_10155902583436005_3156416585423480747_n (resized).jpg28379741_10155902583436005_3156416585423480747_n (resized).jpg

#350 6 years ago

Sorry....double post.

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.