(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.
    #251 6 years ago

Excellent. That is even better than me getting it! I have already played it I think. Several times over the last few years.

#252 6 years ago

GSPF looking good at Sac ConIMG_20171008_095118 (resized).jpgIMG_20171008_095118 (resized).jpg

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Steve's Spirit was sold at the PAGG auction to an old friend of Steve's who will hold on to it and bring it out to make show appearances, as gunstarhero said.

Okay, well I was partly right!

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

GSPF looking good at Sac Con

You guys almost made the 5 o'clock news.
    Just saw a short segment about the Sac Comic Con on the Fox40 news , I could see the GSPF banners in the background .

#255 6 years ago

Love the bear flyer and couldn't help but notice the "7th annual" text with it.
    Wonder if the guys resuming control of PAGG will go back in time...

Doesn't matter, It's all mo pinball in NorCal for the cause, so it's all good.

#256 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Love the bear flyer and couldn't help but notice the "7th annual" text with it.
    Wonder if the guys resuming control of PAGG will go back in time...
    Doesn't matter, It's all mo pinball for the cause, so it's all good.

You can't leave off the second line:
    The 7th annual show
    Presented by the Northern California Pinball Association

#257 6 years ago

Ahh..Eureka!!

#258 6 years ago

222 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#259 6 years ago

216 days until Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go go no mo. There is only GOLD BALL!

#260 6 years ago

https://arcadeexpo.myshopify.com/products/pinball-madness-

I got lucky and i am going to pinball madness Sunday only.

but all day!

hope to see some pinsiders!

#261 6 years ago

You know I'm excited about going. Just went to one day in banning.

I can wait but I can't wait. Does that make sense?

But between now and then is Christmas. Long time. Long good time. I'll be there though for sure!

When say we are going to close the place We mean it.

Banning.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#262 6 years ago

201 days and counting pinheads.

2 weeks later
    #263 6 years ago

188 days and counting until LODI OR BUST!!!!!!!!!
    The Golden State Pinball Festival is coming soon!!!!!!
    Stay tuned for many wonderful surprises!

#264 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Stay tuned for many wonderful surprises!

like Pin A Lo Di ?

1 week later
    #265 6 years ago

Big surprises coming soon! Stay tuned,

#266 6 years ago

Oh, you big teaser, you.
    I've seen a lot of construction type equipment in the RV and main parking area the last few weeks.

#267 6 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Oh, you big teaser, you.
    I've seen a lot of construction type equipment in the RV and main parking area the last few weeks.

Oooh maybe it's some sort of pin bunker!

#268 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Oooh maybe it's some sort of pin bunker!

Gotta have someplace to keep flipping during and after Armageddon.

3 weeks later
    #269 6 years ago

159 days until SHOW TIME!

IMG_4252 (resized).JPGIMG_4252 (resized).JPG

IMG_4261 (resized).JPGIMG_4261 (resized).JPG

#270 6 years ago

Anyone know if there will be Wifi available? My friend and i do a weekly live pinball stream. Would love to bring a lightweight single stand rig along and stream some of the festival if wifi is going to be available.

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

Anyone know if there will be Wifi available? My friend and i do a weekly live pinball stream. Would love to bring a lightweight single stand rig along and stream some of the festival if wifi is going to be available.

No site WiFi is available. We have excellent cell signal if you want to bring a portable hot spot. That's what we do with the registers and the game check in system

#272 6 years ago

Awesome thanks for the info! I’ll have to look more into a hotspot. Anyone have any feed back on using your phone as a hotspot? Iv been curious about it for a long time.

#273 6 years ago

I use my iPhone to "Hotspot" all the time. Both via wifi, as well as via USB (when there is a lot of radio noise nearby, or too many competing wifi signals).

If you're serious about the stream, you might want to take a road trip and test a few mobile carriers ahead of the event; see which carriers can give you the capacity you're looking for at that site.

#274 6 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

I use my iPhone to "Hotspot" all the time. Both via wifi, as well as via USB (when there is a lot of radio noise nearby, or too many competing wifi signals).
    If you're serious about the stream, you might want to take a road trip and test a few mobile carriers ahead of the event; see which carriers can give you the capacity you're looking for at that site.

And if you do hit me up and we'll have lunch. If there's nothing at the location I'll give you a tour of the facility

#275 6 years ago

Thank you both! I will have to talk to my friend that i stream with and figure something out!

1 week later
    #276 6 years ago

Hey Cheddar and the GSPF team! I’ll be launching a new venture after TPF but would love to come out for the festival next May. Might be a squeeze, time-wise, but will attend if at all possible. Enjoyed touring the grounds earlier this year... Lodi looks like a winner.

BTW, plan to bring earplugs, folks! Lots of games and lots of hard surfaces = instant pinball rock concert!

#277 6 years ago

Hello every one,Merry Christmas all,happy new year!! Hope to see you there,a good time guaranteed for all!! Drive safe.Peace!!!

#278 6 years ago

143 days until the greatest little pinball show west of the Mississippi. Stay tuned for many surprises.

#279 6 years ago

Ive marked my calendar, but couldn't order tix and T-shirts for Christmas!
    Take my money already guys!

#280 6 years ago

Will weekend passes be available at the door? I should just go look at the website

#281 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vexx_182:

Will weekend passes be available at the door? I should just go look at the website

Yes they will, we usually have a desk by the door that sells weekend passes before you even come in.

#282 6 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Ive marked my calendar, but couldn't order tix and T-shirts for Christmas!
    Take my money already guys!

good idea for 2019

#283 6 years ago

happy new year ya filthy

#284 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

happy new year ya filthy animals

Please wear this at the GSPF this year. I'll buy you a beer or two.

#285 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Please wear this at the GSPF this year. I'll buy you a beer or two.

You ant seen nothing yet sir. Stay tuned. It's going to be a hoot.

2 weeks later
    #286 6 years ago

Tick tock, tick tock.
    My desktop computer's motherboard let all the magic blue smoke escape and I lost my countdown clock.
    How long until GSPF?

#287 6 years ago

117 day until Showtime!

#288 6 years ago

112 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!
    Start getting your games ready.
    Much, much more room for games in Lodi.

Many special surprises and announcements coming soon.

1 week later
    #289 6 years ago

Trying to get my alcoholic friends to commit to coming to the festival. The typical response is “Sounds cool... will there be beer?” Hoping to get this clarified soon

#290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jerryuop:

Trying to get my alcoholic friends to commit to coming to the festival. The typical response is “Sounds cool... will there be beer?” Hoping to get this clarified soon

Yes there will!

#291 6 years ago

Even when there wasn't beer, there was beer aplenty. I think PAGG is the drunkest I have ever been in public.

#292 6 years ago

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oJnHtT2hibWZOanisO5n96cKDWiWlyapM70e9_Iz_zU/mobilebasic

Alright pinheads, its time to start helping out.

as for the beer, just look for the guy in the pink bunny suit.

#293 6 years ago

January 16, 2018

The Northern California Pinball Association (NCPA) is very pleased to present the Golden State Pinball Festival in Lodi, California on May 18 – 20, 2018.

The NCPA is a 100% volunteer driven organization, and a California and Federally registered 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, with 100% of our show proceeds benefiting local youth charities. The donated proceeds from our previous shows totals over $100,000, and benefited the Dixon Teen Center and the Boys and Girls Club.

For 2018, we have partnered with the World of Wonders Science Museum in Lodi, a hands-on Science Museum that teaches real-world application of the Sciences, and promotes learning for both youths and adults in STEM related fields.

One of our best ways of generating show revenue is through a huge Raffle and Silent Auction. We rely on generous donations from Pinball related companies, as well as local area businesses that would like to do something good for their community. We respectfully ask for a donation of an item (or two) to this years show - it need not be pinball related – Gift Cards, Gift Baskets, Tickets to local shows, Books, Toys, Art, etc. have all been donated in previous years. All donated items will be displayed with a placard acknowledging the generosity of the donor.

Building upon six years of producing the Pin-a-Go-Go Pinball Show in Dixon, the Golden State Pinball Festival promises to be great fun for all.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions, or to arrange a donation. Show information can be found at www.goldenstatepinball.org, by email at [email protected], or by phone at (209) 339-1962. Ready to donate an item? Please ship to the address below – but be sure to drop us a line so we know to whom the credit goes.

Attn: NCPA
    2370 Maggio Circle, Ste. 7
    Lodi, CA 95240

Thank you for your consideration,

Chris Bannister, NCPA Raffle/Auction Coordinator

#294 6 years ago

Does anyone know if a TnA will be making an appearance? I will assume JJP will have a POTC there.

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Does anyone know if a TnA will be making an appearance? I will assume JJP will have a POTC there.

I can officially confirm that TNA will be present at the Golden State Pinball Festival.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#296 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Yes there will!

You are the man, Eric! Now they have no excuse not to go

#297 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I can officially confirm that TNA will be present at the Golden State Pinball Festival.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

This is FANTASTIC to hear! Thanks!

#298 6 years ago

This festival is going to be... APOCALYPTIC!!

#299 6 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics

How many should we try and have? Maybe a nice lineup of like at least 5? I can bring mine if I don't bring something else and/or have help to move a machine(s)

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

How many should we try and have? Maybe a nice lineup of like at least 5? I can bring mine if I don't bring something else and/or have help to move a machine(s)

Gene that would be awesome

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.