(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 29.
    #201 6 years ago

256 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!

#202 6 years ago

Monday bump.255 days and counting.

#203 6 years ago

We're counting with you!!!

#205 6 years ago

Yeah MrGone, get on it!

#206 6 years ago

Critical hit tournament at ayce Gogi in la today. This is about to get real!

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

How many days now MrGone?

252 days sir.

#208 6 years ago

Check out this great review of the show that the Northern California Pinball Association put on last year. Lots of familiar faces in the pics of fellow Pinsiders and lots of love for our hard working volunteers that help make our show the best!

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/09/13/pin-a-go-go-2017/

#209 6 years ago

244 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!!!!!!!

#210 6 years ago

One thing is certain. I will be at the Lodi festival before the game of thrones final season.

Waiting waiting and more waiting.

Looking forward. To both.

#211 6 years ago

238 days and counting. Fun updates coming soon.

#212 6 years ago

Remember to click yes is you are attending this year on the events page.

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Remember to click yes is you are attending this year on the events page.

You're talking about on FB? There are "No upcoming events" on the events tab on FB.

Screenshot_20170923-082335 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170923-082335 (resized).png

#215 6 years ago

IMG_3424 (resized).PNGIMG_3424 (resized).PNG

#216 6 years ago

More teasers

IMG_3420 (resized).JPGIMG_3420 (resized).JPG

IMG_3422 (resized).JPGIMG_3422 (resized).JPG

IMG_3423 (resized).JPGIMG_3423 (resized).JPG

#217 6 years ago

look at this pinheads.

18FRONTflyerpostcardFLAT.pdf18FRONTflyerpostcardFLAT.pdf

#220 6 years ago

Well, looks like I'm going to miss the first day of the show this year. My wife just told me she has graduation from the masters program at FSU on the 18th. I should be able to make 19th and 20th.

#221 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Well, looks like I'm going to miss the first day of the show this year. My wife just told me she has graduation from the masters program at FSU on the 18th. I should be able to make 19th and 20th.

That's a good reason

Congratulations to the Mrs!

#222 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

That's a good reason

She did say, “it’s ok you don’t have to come to my graduation” but we all know how that would turn out.

#223 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

She did say, “it’s ok you don’t have to come to my graduation” but we all know how that would turn out.

Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap (resized).jpgAdmiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap (resized).jpg

#224 6 years ago

Question about the RV sites....will they be first come first serve, or will there be a system in place to reserve a spot, and will we be able to reserve a specific site on the grounds?

#225 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Question about the RV sites....will they be first come first serve, or will there be a system in place to reserve a spot, and will we be able to reserve a specific site on the grounds?

we will have a reservation system online. Right now I have a list of people to reserve sites for via pm.

#226 6 years ago

229 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!!

#227 6 years ago

The Northern California Pinball Association has a lot of friends and supporters in the area and it makes it all the more regrettable when we fail to recognize when help has been given.

Cathy Charland and the Charland family made a donation to the NCPA in Steve's name to be passed on to our charitable partner the Dixon Teen Center after Pin-a-Go-Go 2017. The donation was made to the DTC in August at the Dixon City Council meeting but we failed to thank Cathy and the Charland family for their generous donation of $2,220. To Cathy, Aubrey, and Amber we sincerely apologize for our oversight and thank you for your generosity.

Please know that we still feel the loss of Steve deeply and miss him every day.

a9568849dabdd480d7671ff71dea52267b6d24a7 (resized).jpga9568849dabdd480d7671ff71dea52267b6d24a7 (resized).jpg

3145c9473cd284c24f58f35859609cb19e3d08a0 (resized).jpg3145c9473cd284c24f58f35859609cb19e3d08a0 (resized).jpg

#228 6 years ago
    Quoted from GoldenStatePin:

The Northern California Pinball Association has a lot of friends and supporters in the area and it makes it all the more regrettable when we fail to recognize when help has been given.
    Cathy Charland and the Charland family made a donation to the NCPA in Steve's name to be passed on to our charitable partner the Dixon Teen Center after Pin-a-Go-Go 2017. The donation was made to the DTC in August at the Dixon City Council meeting but we failed to thank Cathy and the Charland family for their generous donation of $2,220. To Cathy, Aubrey, and Amber we sincerely apologize for our oversight and thank you for your generosity.
    Please know that we still feel the loss of Steve deeply and miss him every day.

Wow it's awesome Steve's family did this, and awesome that the Teen Center gets to bennifit from great people. Just one of the many reasons why I'm proud to contribute to this show any way I can.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#229 6 years ago

Duplicate.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#230 6 years ago

It's worth saying twice, right?!

#231 6 years ago

So is there going to be both shows? I am confused, I thought PAGG was changing to the Golden State Pinball Festival but when I went to the PAGG website I see 2018 dates....Did I miss something?

I will add that two PAGGS is better then one!

IMG_1336 (resized).PNGIMG_1336 (resized).PNG

#232 6 years ago

Long story...

#233 6 years ago

Read Post #8 from Sparky in this thread.
    Will the October PAGG be the same? Doubtful, but it's still a pinball show within an hour's drive for me, so I'll probably go if I can

#234 6 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Read Post #8 from Sparky in this thread.
    Will the October PAGG be the same? Doubtful, but it's still a pinball show within an hour's drive for me, so I'll probably go if I can

If I was closer, probably would go.
    But most my local friends are heading to expo.

#235 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

So is there going to be both shows? I am confused, I thought PAGG was changing to the Golden State Pinball Festival but when I went to the PAGG website I see 2018 dates....Did I miss something?
    I will add that two PAGGS is better then one!

I don't feel like this question actually got answered. What's the story?

#236 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I don't feel like this question actually got answered. What's the story?

Yeah there isn't much information in post 8

#237 6 years ago

The show is moving to Lodi. The Northern California Pinball Association took over PaGG 6 shows ago and we're moving that show and experience to Lodi under the new name.

The guys who ran it before the NCPA wanted PaGG to be in Dixon so they moved the show to October.

So the NCPA changed the name of the show in Lodi to the Golden State Pinball Festival.

#238 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

The show is moving to Lodi. The Northern California Pinball Association took over PaGG 6 shows ago and we're moving that show and experience to Lodi under the new name.
    The guys who ran it before the NCPA wanted PaGG to be in Dixon so they moved the show to October.
    So the NCPA changed the name of the show in Lodi to the Golden State Pinball Festival.

That clears it up....thanks Cheddar.

#239 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

That clears it up....thanks Cheddar.

No problem! Nothing wrong with 4 Pinball shows in Northern California

#240 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

No problem! Nothing wrong with 4 Pinball shows in Northern California

I can feel the tension all the way over here. Cheddar, you're a class act and run a great show. Thank you for all you do for this hobby.

#241 6 years ago

I kind of expect to see PAGG revert somewhat to what it used to be, a smaller, "bunch of machines in a room" kind of show... but the GSPF no doubt will be THE NorCal pinball show from here out.

#242 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I kind of expect to see PAGG revert somewhat to what it used to be, a smaller, "bunch of machines in a room" kind of show... but the GSPF no doubt will be THE NorCal pinball show from here out.

Maybe you have good reason for your expectations but c'mon. Why not be encouraging and helpful to whoever is going to continue PAGG in Dixon? Pinball shows are not exactly a mainstream booming thing. I appreciate anyone who puts on a pinball event and am always happy to lend a hand.

#243 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Maybe you have good reason for your expectations but c'mon. Why not be encouraging and helpful to whoever is going to continue PAGG in Dixon? Pinball shows are not exactly a mainstream booming thing. I appreciate anyone who puts on a pinball event and am always happy to lend a hand.

I'm not "not encouraging" anyone, that's just the kind of show Don liked to run. It wasn't until other folks got involved that PAGG expanded to what it has been the last few shows. Maybe he will continue that style, and maybe he won't, but as long as the people come out I am sure it will still be a good time. Hell, some people really liked the "bunch of machines in a room" show, myself included.

Meanwhile, I have seen what the GSPF has planned and it's going to be awesome. Lots of stuff to do and see in a larger facility and alot of planning and effort going into it.

#244 6 years ago

Air conditioning too!

#245 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Excellent assessment!

I highly recommend taking a look at our FAQ page as it answers a lot of questions people may have.

http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/faq/

#246 6 years ago

Yep, good compromises, and we get a fall pinball show out of the deal. Score!

#247 6 years ago

You know I wanted to ask. Steve Charlands spirit. I hope some one local got that. Did I see it at cAl extreme?

I hope some one local got it. So you all can still play it.

I would have snagged it if I was able to get to that auction. But I hope it stays around.

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

You know I wanted to ask. Steve Charlands spirit. I hope some one local got that. Did I see it at cAl extreme?
    I would have snagged it if I was able to get to that auction. But I hope it stays around.

I believe his family held onto Spirit. It's probably gonna make show appearances tho, like AL's Fireball.

#249 6 years ago

I'll be at Sac Con at the Sacramento Convention Center with a couple of pins today introducing people to pinball and the Golden State Pinball Festival. If you're going to be there please stop by and say hi.

#250 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Steve's Spirit was sold at the PAGG auction to an old friend of Steve's who will hold on to it and bring it out to make show appearances, as gunstarhero said.

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/5?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.