(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 29.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Is it to early to commit to a keg again? =)

Umm...duh.

#52 6 years ago

360 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!

I googled it so it's accurate.

#53 6 years ago

I have been looking for a May show to attend. How many games are normally available to play? Are there usually lines or are most available throughout the day?

#54 6 years ago

Friday and Sunday are usually less crowded and it's easier to get on the newer games. Saturday is always pretty busy until the evening.
    However, with the new,bigger location we should have more games than ever as we often ran out of room at the old location.
    In past years as with this year around 270 games were available on free play with paid admission. Hope to see you at the 2018 Golden State Pinball Festival.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Does it Still Come with Sparkys BBQ? Is it to early to commit to a keg again? =)
    JJ

This time bring the funnel

#56 6 years ago

359 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

359 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!

Yes but how many hours???

Nevermind, that might just depress me.

#58 6 years ago

Open up the RV reservations!!!! Haha...joking....kind of

Out of curiosity, when the RV reservations do open up, will specific sitess be able to be chosen and reserved, or will it be like a general admission ticket, and you pick the spot when you roll into the campground?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Open up the RV reservations!!!!
    Out of curiosity, when the RV reservations do open up, will specific sitess be able to be chosen and reserved, or will it be like a general admission ticket, and you pick the spot when you roll into the campground?

We are still recovering from this year's show and will need a little time to plot out some of these great questions. We will pass along details as soon as we know.

#60 6 years ago

NEVER!!!! No rest allowed. Pump that Mountain Dew through an IV into your veins, and get back to it!

#61 6 years ago

I get the feeling the RV park will become very popular. If the show organizers are handling the reservations, then I would hope they would give higher priority for spots to volunteers and folks who bring games. You could do something like open reservations earlier to those who commit to volunteering and/or bring a certain number of games.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

This time bring the funnel

Done. But you get to go first!

#63 6 years ago

Need to get to the keg earlier next year so it's sturdier for my Keg Stand!!

#64 6 years ago

358 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!

#65 6 years ago

Will the pinball hall be able to be open later at night too? Not sure what is around Lodi but it's nice when we can play later than midnight/11pm

#66 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind the hall staying open later as long as the next day's opening time is also pushed back. There needs to be, at bare minimum, a solid 9 hours between a closing and opening. The people who work the show, i.e. coordinators, volunteers, techs, etc., need a full night's rest because they don't necessarily have the same luxuries as an attendee who can come and go as they please. Nine hours gives time enough for a good night's sleep, showering, eating breakfast, and having at least a little bit of down-time before heading back into the fray.

#67 6 years ago

356 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!

#68 6 years ago

Bump,Miguel351!!

#69 6 years ago

355 days and counting.

#71 6 years ago

Any chance on a different name? Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

#72 6 years ago
    ha!
    I see what you did there

Quoted from Pinballlew:

Any chance on a different name? Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Not likely
    I don"t think a name change is necessary, we will get used to it.
    Like said before ,Its not the name. It's the people that make a show great.
    I am sure the current board members did there best to create a new name that represents the new venue,and includes all the pinheads of California ,The Golden State.
    I agree it doesn't roll of the tongue the same, but look at all the other upgrades the new location will provide.
    PAGG 2017 was the best yet, but GSPF will blow it away.
    I cant wait!!!

#73 6 years ago

Flip Out @ Lodi!!!

FO@L!!!

#74 6 years ago

Being in charge of their social media I for one will be thrilled to no longer have to watch all of the hyphens and capital letters when typing Pin-a-Go-Go because some people are *very* particular about you getting it right

#75 6 years ago

Anyone who owns 311 games gets to call it whatever they want
    pinwiztom see you at FO@L 2017
    I cant wait to meet you
    That is quite a collection you have Sir

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

Anyone who owns 311 games gets to call it whatever they want
    pinwiztom see you at FO@L 2017
    I cant wait to meet you

And he has a Frontier!

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

It's more than just "wanting to change the name." It's my understanding that the show organizers wanted to keep the name, but it wasn't worth the legal fight or broken relationships as a result.
    Honestly, it could be called, "Flippy-Doo-Doo Pinball Show," and it really wouldn't matter. The current organizers have saved this show, and people will attend Lodi because it's more about the people. I remember the lean years: no tournament, no second building, no food vendor, no pin-techs, no swap meet, games leaving the floor on Sunday by noon, half the machines not showing up until Friday night or Saturday morning, and half of those games getting rolled out the back door after being purchased immediately.
    As a 15-year attendee, going back to 1998, I always hated the name Pin-a-Go-Go. I started telling people I was going to a pinball show instead of saying "Pin-a-Go-Go" because of the quizzical looks and flippant remarks after telling them.
    I'm looking forward to the better venue!

Sparky has it right.We have been at PAGG for 20 years, (missed the first one I believe) at times it was very lean. A huge tick up since Brad,Steve,Greg took over. Thumbs up to Eric,Seth,Chris.
    As to Sparky...did anyone get a picture of Susi's cake this year? She is considering not doing that anymore since people are afraid to cut into it, so a lot of it goes wasted. Either way, Susi cookies next year for sure....

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

.did anyone get a picture of Susi's cake this year?

3383abbaf966c742e1714e0e32e3a9b402d9206a (resized).jpg3383abbaf966c742e1714e0e32e3a9b402d9206a (resized).jpg91f92b280f25c314a096557e6c8a6d1c4f1cfbdd (resized).jpg91f92b280f25c314a096557e6c8a6d1c4f1cfbdd (resized).jpg
    Suzi's desserts are one of the highlights of Sparkys BBQ. That cake was unbelievable
    Looking forward to her cookies next year

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

Most of that collection is now located at
    and under the care of the Pacific Pinball Museum.

#80 6 years ago

We're planning the trip now. Bigger, closer and the same cool vibe. Keep the great PR coming.
    Great job this year all around. The hotel, the parking, the relaxed atmosphere, raffles, vendors, flea market - everything.

The Museum of Pinball (Arcade Expo and Pinball Madness) crew will be there in force.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Sparky has it right.We have been at PAGG for 20 years, (missed the first one I believe) at times it was very lean. A huge tick up since Brad,Steve,Greg took over. Thumbs up to Eric,Seth,Chris.
    As to Sparky...did anyone get a picture of Susi's cake this year? She is considering not doing that anymore since people are afraid to cut into it, so a lot of it goes wasted. Either way, Susi cookies next year for sure....

It's a work of art and people should be afraid to cut into it, but it deserves to be eaten. Next year designate a cake cutter to start it off and people will totally eat it.

#82 6 years ago

I'm usually not there at the time but I would be honored to cut the first slice out of Susi's cake!

The only thing better that the look of her cakes is the flavor.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Most of that collection is now located at
    and under the care of the Pacific Pinball Museum.

I helped load up that collection on the Bakersfield end.....amazing stuff. Thank you for sharing it.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

My boys begged to eat it. And did.

#85 6 years ago

Will hawkmoon be at GSPF?

#87 6 years ago

351 days until Lodi or bust.

#88 6 years ago

(Cross posting from the PAGG '17 thread)

Hello you sexy beasts, you! We just posted a whole slew of pictures featuring YOU (maybe) and PINBALL (definitely!!) at Pin A Go Go's Last Dance in Dixon 2017.

Enjoy!!

Amanda's Pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80566079@N04/albums/72157684252844186

My pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/80585364@N07/albums/72157684598539435

And, as always, if you don't want your mug on the Flickrsphere, let us know and we'll pull ya off the webs.

Cheers!
    Art & Amanda

#89 6 years ago

Greetings all,
    I'm really looking forward to the new venue.

I grew up around Lodi and think the Grape Festival Grounds are a good choice for growing the show.

Those of you who have visited Timathie's garage/man cave have probably met me.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Greetings all,
    I'm really looking forward to the new venue.
    I grew up around Lodi and think the Grape Festival Grounds are a good choice for growing the show.
    Those of you who have visited Timathie's garage/man cave have probably met me.

Tell us more about Timathie's!

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

(Cross posting from the PAGG '17 thread)
    Hello you sexy beasts, you! We just posted a whole slew of pictures featuring YOU (maybe) and PINBALL (definitely!!) at Pin A Go Go's Last Dance in Dixon 2017.
    Enjoy!!
    Amanda's Pics:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/80566079@N04/albums/72157684252844186
    My pics:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/80585364@N07/albums/72157684598539435
    And, as always, if you don't want your mug on the Flickrsphere, let us know and we'll pull ya off the webs.
    Cheers!
    Art & Amanda

These are amazing as always Art and Amanda! I look forward to seeing your awesome photos every year. Any objection to me sharing the links on the Golden State Pinball Festival Facebook page?

#92 6 years ago

Great pics art. Made me a little sad that I missed the final Pin a go go.

But I love change. I have experienced a great deal of it.

Never been to Lodi. Looking forward to seeing the strange sights around there too, and playing some pinball! And meeting new friends. Rock and roll!

#93 6 years ago

Of course, Steve, share on and spread the Pin-A-Lo-Di Love!

And, Mike, let's make sure we see you there next year!

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Of course, Steve, share on and spread the Pin-A-Lo-Di Love!
    And, Mike, let's make sure we see you there next year!

Thanks! Will do!

#95 6 years ago

346 days until Lodi!

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

Big thanks to PinWillie for the pics. Also Art and Amanda for following through with an amazing collection of photos.

I'm sure there are many people who knew AL and Steve (blownfuse) Charland.

We also lost Casey Davis. We would have never known if not for Art.

Casey was a great pin guy. Susi got her beloved MM from him way back in the day. He even shipped it to her from Hawaii free of charge. We later picked up a very nice Lucky Seven when we were down in LA to visit our daughters. He was packing up to go back to Hawaii and had no room to even fit it.

Pin people are the best !

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

346 days until Lodi!

No Sleep til Lodi!

#98 6 years ago

I met Casey Davis through pinball a few years ago. He is missed in the pinball community.

I went to his funeral sadly. But there was a band playing live rock and roll. Some of Caseys favorite songs. I remember thinking, I had never seen such loud rock and roll in a church. Later we closed the mancave. Caseys Mancave.

It was a good night.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#99 6 years ago

343 days until The Golden State Pinball Festival!
    See you all in Lodi in 2018.

#100 6 years ago

Thanks to Rob Anthony, Jurassic Park The Lost World is 100% Healthy now and will make an appearance in Lodi in 343 days!

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/2?hl=beyndtstng and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.