(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 29.
    #951 5 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

sparky Do you need anymore EZ-ups? I can bring mine if needed. Looking forward to meeting some fellow pinheads. I've attended Pinagogo the last few years, but first time attending the BBQ.

I think we probably have enough (7 or 8), but it's hard to say. If it's convenient to bring, go ahead. Glad you're going to join us!

#952 5 years ago

Stop by our booth in the Cabernet building and check out PinRemote™ with complete features! See the picture of our demo. We'll also have a round from the A-10 Warthog Bushmaster II gatling gun just for fun. Guess the muzzle velocity of this depleted uranium round in mach numbers!

dispmodel.pngdispmodel.png

A10 Warthog Gun VW (resized).jpgA10 Warthog Gun VW (resized).jpg

#953 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Stop by our booth in the Cabernet building and check out PinRemote™ with complete features! See the picture of our demo. We'll also have a round from the A-10 Warthog Bushmaster II gatling gun just for fun. Guess the muzzle velocity of this depleted uranium round in mach numbers!

Pinball and 30mm rounds from an a10?
    Freakin sweet!!!!

#954 5 years ago

+1 added
    Whirlwind is coming up.
    -mof

#955 5 years ago
    Quoted from Akitostarwind:

Cw31 has promo for GSPF on tv this morning Tuesday.

Here is the link,
    http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/category/spoken-word-good-day/3864275-pinball-festival-fun-pt-3/

Hopefully they do another segment from the show Saturday morning.

#956 5 years ago

Since beer wasn't sold at PAGG in Dixon, can anyone explain how alcohol sales will be handled at GSPF?

Just curious what beer vendors will be there, or if there are restrictions. Designated area? Drink anywhere?

A nice cold brew & pinball always go together

#957 5 years ago

Lodi Beer Company is an official sponsor and food vendor at GSPF. Unofficial answer is most likely common courtesy, "Don't put a drink on someone's game."
    From the official Camp Silverball email, "All food / alcohol must be kept within your campsite - we cannot allow outside food / alcohol into the main show areas."

#958 5 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

Lodi Beer Company is an official sponsor and food vendor at GSPF. Unofficial answer is most likely common courtesy, "Don't put a drink on someone's game."
    From the official Camp Silverball email, "All food / alcohol must be kept within your campsite - we cannot allow outside food / alcohol into the main show areas."

So for clarification, if we buy a beer we have to take it to the camp area, even if we're not camping there?

Not complaining....just asking.

#959 5 years ago

Don’t quote me but from my understanding there will be a “beer garden” with beer for sale from the Lodi beer company and to be drank in said designated area. No drinks around the games, these are brought by people like you and me and we can’t risk someone’s game being damaged by some butterfingered clod.

#960 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Do we tell you here, do we send a PM, or do we just tell you the Mach number at your booth?

Thanks!

#961 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Don’t quote me but from my understanding there will be a “beer garden” with beer for sale from the Lodi beer company and to be drank in said designated area. No drinks around the games, these are brought by people like you and me and we can’t risk someone’s game being damaged by some butterfingered clod.

Thanks, Steve....That makes sense.

#962 5 years ago

Hey gang, beer bought on site should be drunk within the designated beer garden area. Alcohol brought in by campers should remain within their campsite. No food or drink allowed in the building for the protection of the wonderful folks who bring games to our show.

Lots of new options this year, see ya in a few days!!

Cheers,
    Seth

#964 5 years ago

Woah, I never use pinside, and totally forgot to be a part of this thread!
    I'm bringing my Night Moves! Just because I'm sure nobody else wants another Twilight Zone at a pinball show...

#965 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Hey gang, beer bought on site should be drunk within the designated beer garden area. Alcohol brought in by campers should remain within their campsite. No food or drink allowed in the building for the protection of the wonderful folks who bring games to our show.
    Lots of new options this year, see ya in a few days!!
    Cheers,
    Seth

How about drinking out of the back of your truck in the parking lot, or bringing outside beer into the beer garden? Was planning to bring a cooler full, but do not have a campsite. Where can I/we drink it?

#966 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

How about drinking out of the back of your truck in the parking lot, or bringing outside beer into the beer garden? Was planning to bring a cooler full, but do not have a campsite. Where can I/we drink it?

Wander around the camp site, you will find someone you know or with beer you will make a new friend.

#967 5 years ago

We are now at 301 games on the games list!!!!!!!
    Great work everyone!!!!
    And we are T-67 hours and 22 minutes from SHOWTIME!

#968 5 years ago

Plenty of room at my campsite Bryce.

We normally get quite a few people stopping by for a visit. It is open to anyone out there who would like to stop by say Hi and relax a bit.

#969 5 years ago

Keep in mind that alcohol was completely prohibited last year. With that in mind the group running this shindig wants everyone to use their best judgement and behave responsibly.
    And when possible support our charitable partner too.

#970 5 years ago

How about drinking out of the back of your truck in the parking lot, or bringing outside beer into the beer garden?

I'm liking the idea of drinking beer out of the back of your truck, a la PAGG, but I'd feel guilty drinking beer that I brought in the same vicinity of Lodi Beer Company, that I assume pays for their space.

But please don't go by me...I feel guilty about most everything.

#971 5 years ago

As plans finally start falling into place for me as far as lodging and transportation, it looks like I might actually be making the trip Thursday night, which would make for a Friday morning unload since I'm not sure when I'd leave Thursday night. As I'm figuring out all the little details, I've got a couple questions:

I know load in ends at 7pm on Thursday, but will there be people there to let vehicles in after that time and then up until a certain time?

Will there be paid security of some sort that night for the vehicles and folks that are there Thursday night?

Just trying to figure out if it'd be safer to leave my van there with the pins in it at the show Thursday night rather than at my brother's in-laws.

#972 5 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

As plans finally start falling into place for me as far as lodging and transportation, it looks like I might actually be making the trip Thursday night, which would make for a Friday morning unload since I'm not sure when I'd leave Thursday night. As I'm figuring out all the little details, I've got a couple questions:
    I know load in ends at 7pm on Thursday, but will there be people there to let vehicles in after that time and then up until a certain time?
    Will there be paid security of some sort that night for the vehicles and folks that are there Thursday night?
    Just trying to figure out if it'd be safer to leave my van there with the pins in it at the show Thursday night rather than at my brother's in-laws.

Yes there will be people there after 7pm

No security Thursday night but plenty of people already camping.

#973 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Yes there will be people there after 7pm
    No security Thursday night but plenty of people already camping.

Ok, cool. That should work out well, then. Thanks!

#974 5 years ago
    Quoted from itsokay:

Woah, I never use pinside, and totally forgot to be a part of this thread!
    I'm bringing my Night Moves! Just because I'm sure nobody else wants another Twilight Zone at a pinball show...

Would rather play Night Moves anyway!

#975 5 years ago

Another last minute question? Once we come through the RV check in gate will there be room to stage and get games into the hall before taking the RV's over to the camp site?

#976 5 years ago

Remember, Aaron and I will have a campcade going and it's also a barcade. Also jj will have his hospitality trailer going too, and I'm sure there will be puh-lenty of places in the campground for to have a beverage or two.

#977 5 years ago

I keep refreshing the GSPF page in hopes that Creature or TOTAN will show up in the games list, I'm still holding on to hope! Gonna be a great show!

#978 5 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

I keep refreshing the GSPF page in hopes that Creature or TOTAN will show up in the games list, I'm still holding on to hope! Gonna be a great show!

You and me both. I really enjoyed playing Brad's Creature with the LCD lagoon mod at Pinagogo. Hoping for an encore at some point.

#979 5 years ago

Super stoked to go to this event! It will be my first pinball event ever

#980 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Don't we have a no-cropdusting rule?

No, it's encouraged

#981 5 years ago

Well....

Not able to bring or send games this year. Gilligan's is still down, and the other easy to get to games just aren't working.

Will be there in the afternoon (after work) on fri and sun

Saturday I've got a much more important event. As those of you who know me well, last year my youngest was born on the Friday of Pagg. Well this year it is Saturday, and it's his first, and there isn't a way I would miss it. Might come by in the evening.

Can't blame me. Look at him!

IMG_2672 (resized).JPGIMG_2672 (resized).JPG

#982 5 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Do we tell you here, do we send a PM, or do we just tell you the Mach number at your booth?
    Thanks!

Post it here so everyone can be amazed!

#983 5 years ago

2 days !!!!

#984 5 years ago

We leave today. Nearly 1,000 miles due west on Hwy 50, the loneliest highway.

Travelling as light as we can, not easy when you have a booth. Fortunately the Honda gets 40 MPG so not a lot of expense there.

Its Cali - know the weather will be nice!

#985 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Well....
    Not able to bring or send games this year. Gilligan's is still down, and the other easy to get to games just aren't working.
    Will be there in the afternoon (after work) on fri and sun
    Saturday I've got a much more important event. As those of you who know me well, last year my youngest was born on the Friday of Pagg. Well this year it is Saturday, and it's his first, and there isn't a way I would miss it. Might come by in the evening.
    Can't blame me. Look at him!

Boy getting big! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing you.

#986 5 years ago

mcbPalisade; We are getting some clouding and seeing some scattered showers here in NorCal above Lodi!! Weather Man says mid 80s for our weekend! Be careful on 50! C U at the show!!

#987 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Post it here so everyone can be amazed!

Mach 3 right? I had a friend in the Air Force that used to brag about that shell.

#988 5 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Mach 3 right? I had a friend in the Air Force that used to brag about that shell.

Basically, yes. mach 2.98. 1,013 m/s 3,323 f/s or 2266 MPH muzzle velocity. Quite a bit of acceleration for the length of the barrel. Need to calculate the force it carries some day.

What is really disturbing is that ~4,200 of these could be coming at you per minute. Hope your 72 virgins are women! ( - :

See you at the booth

#989 5 years ago

We broke the 300 mark for pins. This is going to be the best event ever! Looking forward to it.

#990 5 years ago

Anyone interested in some pinball t-shirts - got a few I don't wear that are all men's mediums:

IMG_2917 (resized).jpgIMG_2917 (resized).jpg

IMG_2916 (resized).jpgIMG_2916 (resized).jpg

IMG_2918 (resized).jpgIMG_2918 (resized).jpg

#991 5 years ago

I'll take the Budapest one!

#992 5 years ago

So it beginsIMG_20180516_095644488 (resized).jpgIMG_20180516_095644488 (resized).jpg

We got the keys and emptied the trailer from our TV appearances yesterday.

#993 5 years ago
    Quoted from Apinplayer:

Another last minute question? Once we come through the RV check in gate will there be room to stage and get games into the hall before taking the RV's over to the camp site?

We will figure something out, depends on your setup and what not but there is a lot of room to maneuver.

#994 5 years ago

Was gonna attach cup holders to my pins, but it sounds like drinks are discouraged in the hall, so I'll leave them at home.

#995 5 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

Was gonna attach cup holders to my pins, but it sounds like drinks are discouraged in the hall, so I'll leave them at home.

Yeah, heavily discouraged

#996 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

So it begins

Just got goosebumps, Friday cant get here soon enough! 3 down 297+ more to go!

#997 5 years ago

Thanks to Steve Faith for signing up Space Shuttle! I really wanted to bring mine but the flipper relay on the main board is a little flaky and likes to loose connection every 40 or so games, just too lazy to pull the board and dink with it.

#998 5 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Just got goosebumps, Friday cant get here soon enough! 3 down 297+ more to go!

You can't see all of them, there are actually 8 machines there. 3 are still new in box

#999 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

You can't see all of them, there are actually 8 machines there. 3 are still new in box

Ohhhhhhh! More surprises!!!!!!!!!!!

#1000 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

So it begins

The most exciting thing to me about that picture are the giant air ducts in the ceiling.

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/20?hl=apinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.