(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 29.
    #801 5 years ago

TEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10 days until Showtime!!!!!!

#802 5 years ago

I am very excited about this new venue! See everyone there!!!!

Happy flipping,
    Rob

#803 5 years ago

Houdini will make an appearance at the show!
    I have at the last moment been able to get one game for the show. This will be a NIB game opened at the show and for sale. It will be available to take home on Sunday.

Contact me for show pricing.

[email protected]

#805 5 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Houdini will make an appearance at the show!
    I have at the last moment been able to get one game for the show. This will be a NIB game opened at the show and for sale. It will be available to take home on Sunday.
    Contact me for show pricing.
    [email protected]

Outstanding! Big Thanks to Larry and American Pinball for pulling this off at the last minute.
    T-9 Days.
    So bummed, Im going to miss the inaugural show. I have to work, but know you will all have a blast.

#806 5 years ago

It's Wednesday night, which is basicallyThursday, which is nearly Friday, which means our show is only a week away!

#807 5 years ago

Saw the menu today. It's awesome. So much good food. We'll share more info as soon as we can get a pic of it.

#808 5 years ago

Sunday at Pinball University! Using and Reading EM Schematics!

For Troubleshooting and Theory of Operation.

Using real life examples, David Volansky will talk through how schematics are used to pinpoint interesting and hard to find problems in EM games. He will also use schematics to explain the logical operation of some EM machine components such as score motors and relay lock-in switches.
    While this is not a beginner session, all are welcome to attend and everyone will take away some new knowledge. For those that have little or no experience, you will see the promise of this valuable skill. Others will take away some tips for using schematics for EM troubleshooting and have a more full understanding of how the games work.

#809 5 years ago

8 days until SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#810 5 years ago

We couldn't get a room in Lodi and chose Stockton instead. How is the drive between the two? Have to ask because Cali roads can be crazy. Thank you.

#811 5 years ago

It’s very short, you should be just fine.

#812 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

We couldn't get a room in Lodi and chose Stockton instead. How is the drive between the two? Have to ask because Cali roads can be crazy. Thank you.

anything in east stockton is an easy 10 minute drive up 99. The show is 2 minutes off the freeway in Lodi. PM me your hotel name and I'll find you the best route

#813 5 years ago

Posting this from elsewhere, help if you can

Golden State Pinball Festival is coming upon us fast! like less than two weeks away!! and i REALLY need a couple more "professors" for the pinball school - there is a 10am and 2pm class (2 hours total)

Please, I really look to the wonderful league community to help me with this annual task. I don't ask much else of you guys... you don't have to be an expert, you just have to have a love for pinball and the ability to hang out with some new people for an hour at a time.

(there are 2 sign up spots, one for each hour, in case you can't do both - if you are able to do both hours, you would get in to the WHOLE SHOW for free. if you're only able to help with one hour, you get the SUNDAY for free! But it's not about the free admission! is it? )

please let me know if you have any questions or need a gentile push to actually commit. it's fun! it's easy! it's a great way to spread the love of pinball!

thanks
    (sorry if you saw this twice, but I really need the help!!)

#814 5 years ago

I just sent directions to a pinsider staying in Stockton. If you are coming north up 99 here is how you get to the Festival:

Take the Victor Rd exit
    Left on Beckman Rd (frontage)
    Left on Victor Rd and go back across freeway
    Right on Cherokee Rd (at this point you can see the Lodi Grape Festival Grounds)
    Left on Lockeford St.

Parking is the grass lot right before the buildings. You can enter the grounds from the parking lot you don't need to go back out to the street.

The parking immediately in front of the festival grounds is reserved for handicapped parking

#815 5 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Posting this from elsewhere, help if you can
    Golden State Pinball Festival is coming upon us fast! like less than two weeks away!! and i REALLY need a couple more "professors" for the pinball school - there is a 10am and 2pm class (2 hours total)
    Please, I really look to the wonderful league community to help me with this annual task. I don't ask much else of you guys... you don't have to be an expert, you just have to have a love for pinball and the ability to hang out with some new people for an hour at a time.
    (there are 2 sign up spots, one for each hour, in case you can't do both - if you are able to do both hours, you would get in to the WHOLE SHOW for free. if you're only able to help with one hour, you get the SUNDAY for free! But it's not about the free admission! is it? )
    please let me know if you have any questions or need a gentile push to actually commit. it's fun! it's easy! it's a great way to spread the love of pinball!
    thanks
    (sorry if you saw this twice, but I really need the help!!)

I teach such great classes as "Buy high, sell low." and "How to suck at pinball."

#816 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I teach such great classes as "Buy high, sell low." and "How to suck at pinball."

I would like to take your classes, but I could test out of those topics pretty easily.

#817 5 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I also teach a course in "Bricking made Easy". I graduated phi-beta-g*d-damn-kappa from that school!

All you Houdini wizards that claim to consistently make those ridicules shots need not apply ( - :

#818 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I also teach a course in "Bricking made Easy". ( - :

I'd love a mode where you build a value by not hitting anything while the ball is not cradled. It's time to be rewarded for all those posts I can't miss.

#819 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I just sent directions to a pinsider staying in Stockton. If you are coming north up 99 here is how you get to the Festival:
    Take the Victor Rd exit
    Left on Beckman Rd (frontage)
    Left on Victor Rd and go back across freeway
    Right on Cherokee Rd (at this point you can see the Lodi Grape Festival Grounds)
    Left on Lockeford St.
    Parking is the grass lot right before the buildings. You can enter the grounds from the parking lot you don't need to go back out to the street.
    The parking immediately in front of the festival grounds is reserved for handicapped parking

Is the RV parking entry through the same parking lot?

#820 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Is the RV parking entry through the same parking lot?

RV Entrance is southwest corner

#821 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

RV Entrance is southwest corner

Here?

Lodi RV (resized).jpgLodi RV (resized).jpg

#824 5 years ago

I may be in the market for a JJP WOZ, any going to be for sale at the show?

#825 5 years ago

An email will be headed out this weekend to all our Camp Silverball guests confirming check-in and locations. Thanks!

Seth

#826 5 years ago

Good morning pinheads.
    We are 1 week away from SHOWTIME!

There are still some volunteer spots open.
    There is still time to donate an item to the raffle or silent auction.

There is still time to get your games signed up.

See you there.

#827 5 years ago

I would like a lanyard please.

#828 5 years ago

I am so PUMPED. I’ll be cramming the cab of my truck full of stuff for the swap meet also. Does anyone know how the swap meet part works? Meaning, are there tables to use or should we bring our own folding tables and chairs and such?

#829 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

I am so PUMPED. I’ll be cramming the cab of my truck full of stuff for the swap meet also. Does anyone know how the swap meet part works? Meaning, are there tables to use or should we bring our own folding tables and chairs and such?

bring tables

#830 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I graduated phi-beta-g*d-damn-kappa from that school!

Betting David Bromberg could learn to make those shots. He certainly has great finger dexterity.

#831 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would like a lanyard please.

The lanyards are one of our very special, exclusive gifts to our VIPs, the folks that bring games! Maybe you can find someone during your visit that is willing to give their's up?

#832 5 years ago

My games are clean, waxed, dialed in and ready to go. Having a little party tonight to give them an extended play test run for the Lodi marathon!

#833 5 years ago

It's official, no going back now, the Boss just wished me to have a good two weeks vacation. Now I need to see what other times I may be needed on the volunteer list.
    I know I will be there Thursday, but I can't be sure just when. I'll be available to help after I set up my games and get checked in at the campground.

#834 5 years ago

This time next week I will watch as my scores precipitously drop throughout the evening as I politely indulge a beverage or few.
    And yes, I will be wearing deodorant.

Good times ahead!

#835 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

The lanyards are one of our very special, exclusive gifts to our VIPs, the folks that bring games! Maybe you can find someone during your visit that is willing to give their's up?

I’ll give you mine Azmodeus

#836 5 years ago

So psyched. Only 1 week away and excited to see everybody again. It is always great to see my pinball family. And a huge one at that! Reno will represent with 10 people or more at GSPF! And you'll know from our shirts from our newly formed pinball league. Can’t wait! Counting the days.

#837 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

So psyched. Only 1 week away and excited to see everybody again. It is always great to see my pinball family. And a huge one at that! Reno will represent with 10 people or more at GSPF! And you'll know from our shirts from our newly formed pinball league. Can’t wait! Counting the days.

Not all of them will be in shirts, because some of us still haven’t managed to make it to any league stuff yet.

#838 5 years ago

6 days until SHOWTIME!

#839 5 years ago

My first time, I have been so looking forward to this! Both volunteering and partaking in the festivities

#840 5 years ago

Yo Cheddar ! Hate to bug you again this close, but Fireball 2 (the game not the person -lol) has been experiencing an intermittent issue I can't seem to track down at this late moment. But I DID manage to get Excalibur up and running to replace it. So could you swap out FB2 for Excalibur?

And then I had an idea (I know, scary). I looked at the list and there ain't no Genies, and mine plays purty nice. So what if we replaced Expressway with Genie, and I went for a Gottlieb SS run: System 1 Genie, System 80b Excalibur, System 3 Title Fight?

Whatchu think? Genie's a widebody, but she ain't upstairs like Expressway and FB2, so I win on moving them too.

Sorry to make you mess with the list so late, but I'm pretty stoked about this idea.

#841 5 years ago

In other GSPF news: Aaron ( Apinplayer ) has joined me in bringing an extra machine for our GSPF Campcade. Seth has set it up so Aaron and I are next to each other, and we'll have a nice little setup for campers and those who want to chill with a cold beverage or two. We also MIGHT have that Foxy Lady that hawkmoon bought, if Eric can get it up there. I'll be bringing an Oh Boy 2-player em and Aaron... well let's just say that Aaron will be bringing something that ends in Pro.

Just one more thing to look forward to...

#842 5 years ago

6EA76DA0-2A90-46B7-97F1-CE616FD0A637 (resized).png6EA76DA0-2A90-46B7-97F1-CE616FD0A637 (resized).png

#843 5 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Yo cheddar ! Hate to bug you again this close, but Fireball 2 (the game not the person -lol) has been experiencing an intermittent issue I can't seem to track down at this late moment. But I DID manage to get Excalibur up and running to replace it. So could you swap out FB2 for Excalibur?
    And then I had an idea (I know, scary). I looked at the list and there ain't no Genies, and mine plays purty nice. So what if we replaced Expressway with Genie, and I went for a Gottlieb SS run: System 1 Genie, System 80b Excalibur, System 3 Title Fight?
    Whatchu think? Genie's a widebody, but she ain't upstairs like Expressway and FB2, so I win on moving them too.
    Sorry to make you mess with the list so late, but I'm pretty stoked about this idea.

You got it buddy. I'll do it this afternoon

#844 5 years ago

That's some nice looking show weather there!

#845 5 years ago

Thanks I must have misread that the lanyards were for everyone. I’ll bring my own markings then thank you. Also thanks for the offer to give up theirs. I am going to hunt for my pin a go go lanyard from four years ago. Pretty sure it is exactly this if I still have it.

#846 5 years ago

I don't think I have been more excited to meet a bunch of strangers or go to a event in years. Now to remember to pack that deodorant so i don't make a bad impression.

So dedicated to going I am closing one of my stores on Friday because I could not find coverage. Some people said don't worry you can go next year, to which I say F that noise life is short. Thanks to everyone involved with this or bringing games.

#847 5 years ago

Ill be wearing my Pinside lanyard with my avatar and name on it. Say hello if you see me!

#848 5 years ago

Between the tournament, the bbq, all the classes & seminars, the vendors, and all the bullshitting and drinking I don't know where I'll find the time to play some casual pinball.

#849 5 years ago

What does regular gas run in the Stockton/Lodi area? Thanks

#850 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Between the tournament, the bbq, all the classes & seminars, the vendors, and all the bullshitting and drinking I don't know where I'll find the time to play some casual pinball.

Hope i find someone to help me smoke all this weed I am bringing Oh and I must find time for lots of casual pinball...

I also hope I am not banned from pinside or the show for this post, and my uncontainable excitement. I keep telling myself its just a pinball show, you don't really need a custom "I am Starbase" t-shirt.

(too bad I just ordered the shirts, they are so cool)

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/17?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.