(Topic ID: 189577)

The official 2018 Golden state pinball festival thread.

By mrgone

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,408 posts
  • 138 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrgone
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6726 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6712 (resized).JPG
    DSC02577 (resized).JPG
    DSC02560 (resized).JPG
    DSC02562 (resized).JPG
    DSC02563 (resized).JPG
    DSC02564 (resized).JPG
    DSC02565 (resized).JPG
    DSC02570 (resized).JPG
    DSC02573 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0920 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0895 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0902 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0903 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0916 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0917 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 29.
    #501 6 years ago

Hello everyone, is there anyone who is going to GSPF who would be able pick me up a show poster?

#502 6 years ago

Show special is Escalera for reg price to show with FREE shipping! Needs 3 week leeway call Larry for info at flipnoutpinball.com he answers phones! See website for options and why YOU need an Escalera! An Escalera climbs stairs with a pin attached and will also raise to level of truck bed to slide in with proper attachments! There are accessories! Call today!

flipnoutpinball (resized).jpgflipnoutpinball (resized).jpg

#503 6 years ago

50 days until SHOWTIME!
    Another exciting development is that all 4 Spooky titles have been listed on the games list so in addition to having Charlie from spooky pinball there amh,rob zombie,Tna,and Alice Cooper's nightmare castle will all be at the show!
    As well as many, many other wonderful games from old school wood rails to the newest games.
    See you in 50 days!

#504 6 years ago

Decided to go with Fireball 2, Skill Pool, and Title Fight. All signed up!
    117 machines so far Daddios.

#505 6 years ago

The games list is up to page three... 121 and rising!

#506 6 years ago

47 days until the Golden State Pinball Festival.
    Don't forget to check the official website for updates on all the cool happenings.

#507 6 years ago

What web site??? Where is the volunteer sign up at,please????

#508 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

We have to notify last year's volunteers via email before we make the link public. Like most people i am with family today and will try to do it when I get home.

#509 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Relax there, Johnny! He just said that, as a previous volunteer, you're gonna get emailed before anyone else daddio.
    Go take your meds and play some pinball!
    Can't wait to party witchu... Bring yer skate: There's a skatepark a mile or two away.

#510 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Relax there, Johnny! He just said that, as a previous volunteer, you're gonna get emailed before anyone else daddio.
    Go take your meds and play some pinball!
    Can't wait to party witchu... Bring yer skate: There's a skatepark a mile or two away.

I need to ask Johnny to relax a little more. The new location has brought a whole new set of responsibilities and we want to get it right. If you have volunteered in the last few years you will be the first to know when it opens so you can sign yourself up for your favorite positions!

To make it up to you I'll let you in on a little treat we are making up for the show. Big Thanks to Dito Milian for helping me with the model on these. This one hasn't been cleaned up yet so it will look even better when I'm done. These will come with a matching bracket to attach it to the leg bolts on your machine2018-04-01 18.57.02 (resized).jpg2018-04-01 18.57.02 (resized).jpg

I'll be taking pre-orders for these since they take a while to print.

#511 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

To make it up to you I'll let you in on a little treat we are making up for the show. Big Thanks to Dito Milian for helping me with the model on these. This one hasn't been cleaned up yet so it will look even better when I'm done. These will come with a matching bracket to attach it to the leg bolts on your machine

See? I knowed they were gonna take care of bidness! Are those bad boiz gonna come in different colors? What's our price point? They look pretty beauty.

#512 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

See? I knowed they were gonna take care of bidness! Are those bad boiz gonna come in different colors? What's our price point? They look pretty beauty.

I can do blue, yellow, black, red, silver and gold right now. Looking around $25. Need to make sure that covers materials

#513 6 years ago

They look great cheddar! I’ll buy one!

#514 6 years ago

ME 2 while i chill!! Gold for me,will go with the Houdini very nicely! Mark,can't get time to shred bowls,with all this pinball madness!

#515 6 years ago

Nice Cheddar I’d love a Blue one, it will match the powder coat on my fish tales perfect!

#516 6 years ago

I've got 3 blue ones done. I'll reach out to the people who indicated interest here. If you want one please let me know what color you want.

#517 6 years ago

Can you make a yellow one with blood splatter

#518 6 years ago
    Quoted from steigerpijp:

Can you make a yellow one with blood splatter

I can make a yellow one if you want to spatter it!

#519 6 years ago

127. Thanks @kerry_richard! He just signed up five!
    Todd: Cannot wait to play that Radical!
    @MRART2U: We gonna see that Punk again this year?

#520 6 years ago

I need to point out on the cup holders that while I will clean up the overprint I will not be smoothing these prints.

#521 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I need to point out on the cup holders that while I will clean up the overprint I will not be smoothing these prints.

What exactly does that mean? I have little (no) experience with 3D printing

#522 6 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

What exactly does that mean? I have little (no) experience with 3D printing

you can see before and after in this image: https://www.3dprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/sand.png

It would be very difficult for me to get this level of finish on the logo. Here's a good detail on a cup holder I am working on. I am trimming off the extra fibers to clean up the logo. I won't be doing the sanding step.2018-04-02 12.13.32 (resized).jpg2018-04-02 12.13.32 (resized).jpg

#523 6 years ago

Gold came out nice2018-04-03 16.56.22 (resized).jpg2018-04-03 16.56.22 (resized).jpg

#525 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

127. Thanks kerry_richard! He just signed up five!
    Todd: Cannot wait to play that Radical!
    MRART2U: We gonna see that Punk again this year?

We brought Punk for the Steve Charland Sys80 lineup. Not sure what we should bring this year. We like to fit the theme so maybe Fish Tales and ??? I’m open to suggestions.

#526 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

We brought Punk for the Steve Charland Sys80 lineup. Not sure what we should bring this year. We like to fit the theme so maybe Fish Tales and ??? I’m open to suggestions.

While I don't think there is such a thing as too many Fish Tales, there are already two signed up. We need a Frontier or maybe something like a Klondike. Hmmm what others go with the theme...

OR we go for the worlds largest gathering of Fish Tales!

#527 6 years ago

Big Buck Hunter!

Hey, Brad, how’s that Lost In Space bwahahaha!

#528 6 years ago

Anyone know if there will be some JJP PIrates there? I have been dying to try one

#529 6 years ago

Somebody's already signed up a Frontier! Yo Art, punks need nature too!
    Little Chief?

#530 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Anyone know if there will be some JJP PIrates there? I have been dying to try one

Dead Men Tell No Tales!

#531 6 years ago

135 games. C'mon people, game up!
    44 days. C'mon time, hurry up!

#532 6 years ago

Volunteer signups are open. Thanks for your patience.

http://signup.com/go/KapXtES

#533 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Volunteer signups are open. Thanks for your patience.
    http://signup.com/go/KapXtES

And done.
    Give a hoot, volunteer and the Golden State Pinball Festival!

#534 6 years ago

OK,all signed up!! Roving P.I. fri & again Sat!! I WILL C U all there! High-Ho,High- o too soon,sorry!!!

#535 6 years ago

Signed up to volunteer both Thursday and Friday

#536 6 years ago

PLAYFIELD GLASS!

A limited amount of new standard & 'WPC wide body' playfield glass @ $35ea will be available for pickup at the Marco Specialties booth! We are taking "interest orders" until 4/22. Please drop us your name, email and amount of glass you will buy; then pay at the show by Sat. 3pm

Email us through our website here: http://www.goldenstatepinball.org/contact-us/

#538 6 years ago

139. And PPM hasn't even represented yet.

#539 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

139. And PPM hasn't even represented yet.

Three or four of our biggest collectors haven't even registered their games yet, the flood gates will open soon and its gonna be awesome!!! (yes I am channeling my best mrgone impersonation)

#540 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

Three or four of our biggest collectors haven't even registered their games yet, the flood gates will open soon and its gonna be awesome!!! (yes I am channeling my best mrgone impersonation)

That's what I'm saying! I'm predicting 300+ this year!
    Still looking for somebody to sign up a Viking. Skol! And a Heavy Metal Meltdown. (Anybody got one for sale?)
    Hey PPM: How about a few non-Gottlieb woodrails... mebbe a Balls a Poppin or a Circus?

#541 6 years ago

Surprised a viking hasn't been signed up. I know of one. Need to.put on the pressure

#542 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

That's right, tell em sir!
    It is every pinheads duty to help make the Golden State Pinball Festival the best show ever!
    The only pinball show that is of the pinheads,
    By the pinheads,
    And for the pinheads.
    42 Days and the Earth will shake!
    See you there.

#543 6 years ago

Hey guys! I know I've been somewhat MIA from Pinside for the past while(life has changed a lot this past six months), but I will definitely NOT be MIA from the GSPF! I've already got my games signed up and I've even got my brother going with me this year. He usually comes with me to CAX since he's more of a vid guy, but since his in-laws live in Lodi, we're staying for free and I'm getting in for free, so it's a great win/win. He usually volunteers at CAX to get in for free there, too, and was asking me about the GSPF and the volunteering there.

He wants to know if the volunteering requirements are time based or number of shifts based, or both. I saw that there are some shifts that are a couple hours long and others can get to be over four hours. So how does it all work? How should I advise him on what to do?

#544 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Hey guys! I know I've been somewhat MIA from Pinside for the past while(life has changed a lot this past six months), but I will definitely NOT be MIA from the GSPF! I've already got my games signed up and I've even got my brother going with me this year. He usually comes with me to CAX since he's more of a vid guy, but since his in-laws live in Lodi, we're staying for free and I'm getting in for free, so it's a great win/win. He usually volunteers at CAX to get in for free there, too, and was asking me about the GSPF and the volunteering there.
    He wants to know if the volunteering requirements are time based or number of shifts based, or both. I saw that there are some shifts that are a couple hours long and others can get to be over four hours. So how does it all work? How should I advise him on what to do?

2 3.5 hour shifts for a 3 day pass.

#545 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

2 3.5 hour shifts for a 3 day pass.

And happy happy joy joy feelings as well.

#546 6 years ago

Oh yeah! I just found an Excalibur! Picking it up next week, and it should be ready for GSPF. I will add it to the list once it is show-ready. It came with an NOS spare playfield that I will be selling.

#548 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

Surprised a viking hasn't been signed up. I know of one. Need to.put on the pressure

Got juked at CAX last year; they stole Viking out from under me right off the floor on Saturday morning and put it into the tourney!

#549 6 years ago

40 days until SHOWTIME!!!!!!
    Wow! It's getting close.

#550 6 years ago

What time do the tournaments start Friday? I’m volunteering and want to make sure I arrange my time appropriately

There are 1,408 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2018-golden-state-pinball-festival-thread/page/11?hl=wfumed2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.