Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,233 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34894835376_82192d1a60_o (resized).jpg
    pagg.jpg
    PaGG17ems (resized).jpg
    IMG_2433 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2372 (resized).JPG
    20170520_172734 (resized).jpg
    51761609566__9AB5B6C8-B27E-45E3-A9EE-C17D00E3CDEF (resized).JPG
    51761608652__EEEB6AB2-B25A-4AC9-867D-48581371B0FC (resized).JPG
    DSCN0820 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0818 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0815 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0766 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0674 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0673 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0570 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0859 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 7 years ago

I'll be there. Not sure what I'm bringing yet

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

This is my 3rd PAGG event I attended and it was the best ever. I met so many cool people playing games with random people. Shout out to Tom for organizing a fun filled pin golf tournament that was very well organized and exciting to participate in. The goals were challenging to achieve but that made it more fun to accomplish the tasks in the fewest number of balls.
    I played Hobbit a 2nd time and scored 315,000 on my first ball. All of a sudden the lights went totally dead and the back glass LCD panel rebooted. I was bummed that it reset. It happened during Dragon multi-ball. In that same hour I had the opportunity to play the Hobbit a 3rd time in a four player game with Spencer (aka mrgone) and his wife. It was an absolute pleasure to play with the family and they cheered me on. I had a great first ball at 375,000 points and I felt guilty having other people wait for my turn to be over. Spencer and his wife were so cool cheering me on every step of the way! Thanks to all their support I got Grand Champion which felt like a huge accomplishment for me. If it weren't for Spencer and his wife I wouldn't have played as well. Thanks Spencer for rooting for me even though my game took a long time to wait your turn. I was in the zone!
    I am already counting the days for the next PAGG. I spent more time talking to people than playing the machines. But that is what PAGG is all about. It is a giant family who loves playing pinball and I definitely feel like I am part of the family.
    I also have to say that this show had the least amount of games broken down than any other year. Shout out to all the techs who fixed the machines right away keeping them running. The owners of the machines prepared them in tip top shape for the public to enjoy. The event was super organized with very little wait at the door. I loved having the concessions stand between the two buildings to grab a bite to eat while taking a break. The only thing that was a little annoying was the cold air blowing in the smaller hall. It felt like a windstorm but probably was necessary to cool down and ventilate the place. Shout out to Jim for bringing his Cirqus Voltaire with the new Color DMD. It played great aside from the ROM reset issue occasionally. This is the first time I have been to the PAGG show having a Cirqus Voltaire available to be played, which is to this day my favorite pin.
    I can't wait until next year to meet more people and play new and rare games on the show floor. Looking forward to CAX next. Maybe we can keep the same vibe going at CAX that we experienced at PAGG. See you soon in July!
    Steve, the Pinball Hog cards really worked effectively to get people to share machines more. Most people I witnessed only played a single player game or offered to play with more than one player. I highly suggest you put them on all the machines at CAX.

Wait...this event hasn't happened yet! Who are you, Future-Man?

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I actually trying to think up a part that you can put under your machine, like a socketed-fit piece of some kind, that the game will sit in and let it be the sacrificial piece so your game doesn't take the abuse of sliding on whatever dolly you're using. It'd also protect the edges and corners from catching on things and flaking off bits of wood. Doesn't seem like it should be too hard to come up with, just need to sit down and draw it up.

You mean like a road case?

3 months later
    #73 7 years ago

I'm wondering how they will accommodate all the parking. This is an industrial area with mostly warehouses. According to Google maps, this is the building:

PPE_Warehouse_(resized).jpgPPE_Warehouse_(resized).jpg

2 months later
    3 months later
    #319 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

90 days until show time.
    » YouTube video

Such a serious bunch! Where did you round up this motley crew?

2 weeks later
    #339 7 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Were all the RV spots taken last year? I'd like to bring my trailer down and camp out at the fairgrounds, but I seem to recall it is first come, first served. I won't be able to make it down until Friday afternoon. I'd hate to haul the camper down there, and not have a place to hook it up at.

Friday afternoon you should be ok. Friday night might be a different story.

1 week later
    #359 7 years ago

I posted three games, but only the first one showed up on the list. Do I have to submit them separately?

1 month later
    #585 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

When do we start signups for Sparky's BBQ?
    I need to know what to bring this year, food wise. I've got a couple different things in mind I'd like to bring, but wanna make sure it's something new so we don't end up with 5 of the same type of dish.

There are no sign-ups for food. With the number of people that come through the line, multiples of a side dish are probably fine. The only thing we get too much of is macaroni or potato salad from the deli section.

#589 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Sparky, do we pay for the food when we get it Or Pay in advance, Or do you take donations? Sorry for the questions, I've miss your BBQ the last few years. Im making it a point to come hang out and eat this year. Thanks

No charge. Bring a side dish. Full details will be posted about two weeks before the show.

1 week later
    #760 6 years ago

Our 10th Annual PAGG BBQ info below:

What: Brats, hot dogs, and potluck
    Date: Saturday, May 20th
    Time: 12:00 noon
    Where: Sparky's trailer in the RV parking area
    What to bring: side dish

If you want to attend the bbq, don't sign up for Saturday morning tee times in the tournament. I believe there will be Friday night tee-times, or late Saturday afternoon would be best.

If you're bringing something that needs to stay cold, bring an ice chest. If you're bringing something that needs a serving utensil, please provide it. If you're bringing a container or ice chest you want back, please put your name on it.

I throw away a lot of store-bought macaroni and potato salad each year. Be creative

#765 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Can I bring Beer? Or is there a no drinking policy at the fair grounds?

You can bring beer. However, I believe JJ from Game Exchange will have a keg, but I don't know what kind.

#795 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I just noticed last night that I'm out of new balls. Gonna have to make a quick purchase before the show starts, I guess! Only having two games, that both use magnets extensively, makes shopping for balls fairly easy, thankfully.

So what do you get? My last two orders of Silver Jets had small chips. I ordered Premium from Nifty, and they were similar.

#801 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I've got no alliances to any one brand or style, yet. I've had good luck so far with balls I've bought from Marco, Pinball Life, and borygard . With Rob's pinballs, I can inspect them and look for any "preexisting conditions", and I usually find a few really nice ones.

I used to buy the high gloss from Pinball Life, but they haven't had any in a while. For games with magnets, I bought Silver Jets from Marco, but my last two orders had chips.

#803 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

As long as you change them out often enough, SilverJets are fine in magnet games. But, I had some in my TZ for a while and they started getting "stuck" on my lower right magnet, a la the Camera helper function, because of their retained magnetism.

But I won't buy anymore Silver Jets for any games, so I don't need to worry about that.

#812 6 years ago

What time on Friday can we start signing up for Friday night tee-times? When the show opens at 1pm?

#821 6 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

and now a word from your sponsor
    » YouTube video

Spencer, that vertical camera is KILLING me! Turn you phone horizontal when filming...always

#860 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Quick question... I've been seeing on Facebook that Steve Richie is going to be there, but, unless I'm a bigger dope than I think I am, i can't find any mention of him on the PAGG website.

FB link?

#861 6 years ago

Nevermind.

20170514_200350 (resized).png20170514_200350 (resized).png

#924 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

To anyone bringing their Domino's game:
    I've got a couple of Noid figures I'd be happy to sell you for super cheap or trade for some small trinket or knick-knack or something. One is a 5" tall posable Noid and the other is a 2" tall Noid with a bomb in his hand. I've had these guys for many years just sitting in a box of old stuff. When they announced the Domino's game, I dug them out and cleaned them up.

"Mike, why do you keep those little noid figures?"
    "You never know. They might make a comeback someday. Maybe even in a hobby I love."

#1112 6 years ago

I have WAY too many people to thank and WAY too much info to share about another great show. I will try to keep this as short as possible.

First of all, thanks to the organizers: I've attended this show 15 times since 1998, and what these guys have done for the show is amazing! Imagine this show without a tournament, without a food vendor, without a swap meet, without a second building of games, with the majority of games coming in on Friday night and Saturday morning, games leaving by noon on Sunday, and no pin-techs. We have the current organizers to thank for fixing all of the above!

Thanks to everyone who helps with the BBQ! Bryce and Steve T. for running the amazing Tiki Bar in the sun! JJ for bringing and working the keg tirelessly! The amazing cake Susi makes every year! We couldn't relax without all the EZ Up shades everyone brings, as well as tables and chairs. Of course, the side dishes and other soft drinks and water! Thanks to Jersey Jack for helping with the hot dogs on the grill! Roland for bringing a second grill, music, the cornhole and beer pong games! Thanks to Keith for signing me up for the tournament and getting me lunch while I was boiling brats on Friday. Thanks to Chris S. for helping me break down on Sunday! Thanks to Spencer for his endless enthusiasm and promotion of the hobby!

I have so much more to say, but that's all for now

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2017-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.