Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,233 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34894835376_82192d1a60_o (resized).jpg
    pagg.jpg
    PaGG17ems (resized).jpg
    IMG_2433 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2372 (resized).JPG
    20170520_172734 (resized).jpg
    51761609566__9AB5B6C8-B27E-45E3-A9EE-C17D00E3CDEF (resized).JPG
    51761608652__EEEB6AB2-B25A-4AC9-867D-48581371B0FC (resized).JPG
    DSCN0820 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0818 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0815 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0766 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0674 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0673 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0570 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0859 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.
    #751 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

Okay, I'll keep my mouth shut.

I do look forward to meeting you at pagg and I love your enthusiasm.
    See you in 12 days.

#752 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

Okay, I'll keep my mouth shut.

lol It's all good. Love the excitement!

#753 6 years ago

Question for local members in Northern CA.
    Is Don Highley on PinSide?
    I cannot find his contact information in my archives.
    It would save me some time tracking him down.
    I need to ask him a question, that I believe only he can answer...

#754 6 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Michael at the pacific pinball museum might have this info.

#755 6 years ago

Check your PM

#756 6 years ago

I want to donate to Nor Cal Pinball Assoc. given I cannot attend this year.
    Could someone PM me with a contact for their tax id as I couldn't locate it on PAGG site.
    Looks like a great show!!

#757 6 years ago

Good morning pinheads!

It's time to remind you all,
    The important steps to becoming a pin a go go master.

1, come to the show.
    2,bring a game or many games.
    3,volunteer, help any way you can.
    4,bring someone new.
    5, introduce yourself to 5 people you don't know.

That's it pinheads, start doing your warm up stretches, pin a go go is almost here.
    Wear comfy shoes, and see you there.

#758 6 years ago

Updated Playfield glass Add just posted on Pin a go go for sale thread.
    Pin2k glass, anti reflective IPB glass, standard playfield glass. Please see add.
    Need to close list by this Friday.
    Thanks Eric Emken

#759 6 years ago

The game count is currently at 204.
    Let's get the games you are bringing on the list pinheads.

#760 6 years ago

Our 10th Annual PAGG BBQ info below:

What: Brats, hot dogs, and potluck
    Date: Saturday, May 20th
    Time: 12:00 noon
    Where: Sparky's trailer in the RV parking area
    What to bring: side dish

If you want to attend the bbq, don't sign up for Saturday morning tee times in the tournament. I believe there will be Friday night tee-times, or late Saturday afternoon would be best.

If you're bringing something that needs to stay cold, bring an ice chest. If you're bringing something that needs a serving utensil, please provide it. If you're bringing a container or ice chest you want back, please put your name on it.

I throw away a lot of store-bought macaroni and potato salad each year. Be creative

#761 6 years ago

Woo hoo! Sparky's BBQ is the best.
    11 days until pin a go go.
    See you there.

#762 6 years ago

This is where it gets a bit tough. I brought dessert the last couple of years, but between the beautiful cake that shows up and others contributions, dessert seems to be well taken care of.

Gonna have to try a different route this year.

#763 6 years ago

Can I bring Beer? Or is there a no drinking policy at the fair grounds?

#764 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

This is where it gets a bit tough. I brought dessert the last couple of years, but between the beautiful cake that shows up and others contributions, dessert seems to be well taken care of.
    Gonna have to try a different route this year.

Fresh fruit, Mellon is always a good way to go.

#765 6 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Can I bring Beer? Or is there a no drinking policy at the fair grounds?

You can bring beer. However, I believe JJ from Game Exchange will have a keg, but I don't know what kind.

#766 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I contacted GENEX who ran the informal tournament last year and he explained to me that the only tournament will be the pin golf tournament on Saturday. Unless things change. But that is the official word directly from him.

That's a bummer. I was hoping to play in the tournament again on Friday.. Last year was fun, even though I played like [insert foul language here].

Where would one sign up for said Pin-Golf tournament? Attending on Friday, I'd like to put my name in the hat, along with a couple buddies of mine. Thanks

#767 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I believe JJ from Game Exchange will have a keg.

wayne (resized).jpgwayne (resized).jpg

#768 6 years ago

Don's Custom Service
    404-447-0473

I literally had his magnet on the side of my desk here as I saw your post, LOL.

LOOKING FORWARD TO PAGG MY FRIENDS!

#769 6 years ago

10 days until pin a go go!

#770 6 years ago

Cheddar, IamNan, Pinballholder, Pinwillie and myself all wanted to do something to make sure that Steve Charland's presence was felt at this years show after his passing. We made these buttons as a way to honor and remember our brother that helped so many and did so much for our show and this community.

These will be free for those that wish to remember him. I plan on making a little box to put under Spirit or somewhere close by so people can get them throughout the show. We made 300 so there should be plenty. I won't be putting them all out at once, but rather a handful at a time and will replenish the box throughout the weekend, so if you check and the box is empty, just check back again.

I will also have some on me, so if you know me feel free to ask me as well.

I will be at the show early Friday for set up, so check back before the show starts for a new post showing where the box will be.

IMG_4135 (resized).JPGIMG_4135 (resized).JPG

#771 6 years ago

I want to add that I will of course be at Sparkys BBQ so that's a great time to get one, I'm sure we will say a few words about Blownfuse there as well

#772 6 years ago

My dads spirit will be at the PAGG to play if you want to put them there.

#773 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blownfuse_Spawn:

That was my plan. Would be an honor to put them there.

#774 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blownfuse_Spawn:

Thank you for bringing your dads spirit to the show.

#775 6 years ago

Ok pinheads, it's challenge time. Pin a go go is way behind on items for the raffle and silent auction. They need donations asap. A bottle of wine, movie tickets, gift certificates, pinball parts, you can pick up an item at the show and go to the front desk on Friday and donate it. Remember, the proceeds from pin a go go help local kids. Last year with help from all of you pin a go go gave $30,000 to help local kids. Let's all dig a little deeper, help kids in need, and make this the best pin a go go ever. Who's with me? Please contact alwaysrocking777 here at pinside and he will hook you up with the 411 on how you can help.
    Thank you to all and I look forward to seeing you at pin a go go in ten days.
    Mrgone.

#776 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Ok pinheads, it's challenge time. Pin a go go is way behind on items for the raffle and silent auction. They need donations asap. A bottle of wine, movie tickets, gift certificates, pinball parts, you can pick up an item at the show and go to the front desk on Friday and donate it. Remember, the proceeds from pin a go go help local kids. Last year with help from all of you pin a go go gave $30,000 to help local kids. Let's all dig a little deeper, help kids in need, and make this the best pin a go go ever. Who's with me? Please contact alwaysrocking777 here at pinside and he will hook you up with the 411 on how you can help.
    Thank you to all and I look forward to seeing you at pin a go go in ten days.
    Mrgone.

MrGone Johnson's Right! Please donate!

We also need volunteers. We can't do the show without your help. Please signup for a shift or 2 so we can have a great show!

#777 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

MrGone Johnson's Right! Please donate!
    We also need volunteers. We can't do the show without your help. Please signup for a shift or 2 so we can have a great show!

Cheddar is good, Cheddar is wise. Oh,
    NINE DAYS UNTIL PIN A GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#778 6 years ago

Single digits baby!!

#779 6 years ago

Eight daze 4 us volunteers!! I also have a donation to the silent auction! I will bring on Thursday!!! C U all there!!!

#780 6 years ago

Saturday is my "get ready" day. Gonna play a ton of games to make sure everything's working, then replace a bunch of rubbers and clean the crap out of them!

Gonna be a fun day!

#781 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Fresh fruit, Mellon is always a good way to go.

Agreed, big juicy ones are the best!

IMG_5212 (resized).JPGIMG_5212 (resized).JPG

#782 6 years ago

Cheddar Johnson is right about Mr. Gone Johnson being right!

Nothing to say, I just wanted to be part of the Rock Ridge community.

#783 6 years ago
    Quoted from jbovenzi:

Cheddar Johnson is right about Mr. Gone Johnson being right!
    Nothing to say, I just wanted to be part of the Rock Ridge community.

JJ Johnson's right! Rabble rabble

#784 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

That's a bummer. I was hoping to play in the tournament again on Friday.. Last year was fun, even though I played like [insert foul language here].
    Where would one sign up for said Pin-Golf tournament? Attending on Friday, I'd like to put my name in the hat, along with a couple buddies of mine. Thanks

The way it works is when you pay your admission fee you pay an additional $10 that covers the tournament entry fee. All proceeds from the pin golf tournament go towards the Pacific Pinball Museum. The tournament is usually held in the smaller building. There you will find the tournament director for you to sign up for a tee time. Show them your card that you received from the admission and choose a time to start playing. If you have an IFPA number give it to them. There are 2 divisions. A novice and open. If you never won an IFPA sanctioned event you can sign up for novice. Open is for people who have won a past tournament. Expect to play for 2-3 hours as you play with a 4 person group.

It is one of my favorite tournaments with a casual atmosphere and a great way to meet new people. I look forward to meeting you too.

Mark

#785 6 years ago

PAGG_8.jpgPAGG_8.jpg

#786 6 years ago

Good morning pinheads.
    8 days until pin a go go.

Remember, if you are bringing games be sure to get them signed up on the pin a go go sign up page. If you have not done this yet please do. See you all in 8 days. Or 7 if you are doing set up.

#787 6 years ago

Also, we still need volunteers.
    Be a swell guy or gal and sign up to help out when and where you can. Pin a go go is your show, you make it work.

#788 6 years ago

Trying to decide what games to bring this year, looks like it's down to PUNK! (to help with the Sys80 lineup) and possibly Xenon or Harlem Globetrotters.

I don't recall seeing a Xenon in Dixon for a while, and the Harlem is a "project" game Amanda bought me in pieces at the PAGG swap meet years ago (Thanks, Jimmy!) We then sourced ALL the parts to put it back together at the same swap meet or vendors inside (most of the boards, 5 displays, 4 legs, playfield glass) We pulled the dirty grey mylar off the playfield and pieced the game back together-it's been a solid player in our game room ever since.

So...Xenon or Harlem? Or??? (Gorgar was also an option until I checked the list and one was already coming)

#789 6 years ago

I say bring Meadowlark and the boiz!

#790 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrArt2u:

Trying to decide what games to bring this year, looks like it's down to PUNK! (to help with the Sys80 lineup) and possibly Xenon or Harlem Globetrotters.
    I don't recall seeing a Xenon in Dixon for a while, and the Harlem is a "project" game Amanda bought me in pieces at the PAGG swap meet years ago (Thanks, Jimmy!) We then sourced ALL the parts to put it back together at the same swap meet or vendors inside (most of the boards, 5 displays, 4 legs, playfield glass) We pulled the dirty grey mylar off the playfield and pieced the game back together-it's been a solid player in our game room ever since.
    So...Xenon or Harlem? Or??? (Gorgar was also an option until I checked the list and one was already coming)

HGoT for sure, such a fun game

#791 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

HGoT for sure, such a fun game

I second this! HGot for the win!

#792 6 years ago

Globe trotters for the win.

#793 6 years ago

I just noticed last night that I'm out of new balls. Gonna have to make a quick purchase before the show starts, I guess! Only having two games, that both use magnets extensively, makes shopping for balls fairly easy, thankfully.

#794 6 years ago

Where are you buying balls?

I usually buy the oh shiny ones at pbl but they have been out of stock for awhile

#795 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I just noticed last night that I'm out of new balls. Gonna have to make a quick purchase before the show starts, I guess! Only having two games, that both use magnets extensively, makes shopping for balls fairly easy, thankfully.

So what do you get? My last two orders of Silver Jets had small chips. I ordered Premium from Nifty, and they were similar.

#796 6 years ago

Alright, just signed up Punk! and, due to popular demand: HARLEM FREAKIN' GLOBETROTTERS ON TOUR AT THE FAIRGROUNDS IN DIXON, CALIFORNIA!!!!

We also have a lot of neat collectibles we're bringing for the raffle.

#797 6 years ago

Marcos specialty will be at show, they always have tons of new shiny balls!

#798 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Marcos specialty will be at show, they always have tons of new shiny balls!

Bingo. I usually try to buy a pack or two at CAX, but since they'll be there at PAGG, I'll just get them then. Either from them or Borygard . He's always got a nice selection, too. Most likely, Rob, though since Marco sometimes only brings SilverJets, which are no-no's with magnets.

May have to buy a few sets from whomever since I'll want to put some new ones in after the show anyway. Last year, my TAF got 702 plays. It got new balls when I got it home and it's definitely ready for a new set just for PAGG.

#799 6 years ago

Marco has standard balls too but I wouldn't mind finding something shinyer that is magnet friendly.

#800 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

So what do you get? My last two orders of Silver Jets had small chips. I ordered Premium from Nifty, and they were similar.

I've got no alliances to any one brand or style, yet. I've had good luck so far with balls I've bought from Marco, Pinball Life, and Borygard . With Rob's pinballs, I can inspect them and look for any "preexisting conditions", and I usually find a few really nice ones.

There are 1,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2017-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/16?hl=metal-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.