Topic Stats

• 1,351 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 178 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PART_1472051210095_IMG_1909 (resized).jpg
Pinsiders_(resized).jpg
26919474140_f09b2ab9e6_z_(resized).jpg
DSCN0242_(resized).JPG
DSCN0210_(resized).JPG
DSCN0233_(resized).JPG
DSCN0217_(resized).JPG
DSCN0231_(resized).JPG
DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Cax is great but PAGG for the win every time!

Y'know... I think I'm gonna just stick with PAGG from now on. Not to be a downer, but I'm just not feeling CAX as much as I used to.

Although it was great seeing friends and playing pinball, CAX has just gotten too big and there seems to be less pins and more video games each year. My friend and I also were also disappointed to encounter more rude people and pinball hogs this last year than ever before.

PAGG, however, continues to be the perfect place to play pinball and hang with friends.

Now if they would only sell beer and get Stern to set up a booth...

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from ntstlgl1970:

My buddy and I were at CAX this year and had the same experience, seemed like far fewer pins and way more rude people, same issue with game hogs. A plus was I got to double up with Ray (hope I got his name right) from Coin-Op San Diego/Sacramento on CV, was cool to talk to a location owner for a while. If we go next year, I think I would go and stay overnight so I could hit the show early before it gets too crazy. On the flip side, I think I'm going to try and hit PAGG all 3 days this year, maybe even bring some pins and be a volunteer.

We always stay at the hotel for the weekend at CAX....hitting the show early doesn't help. They line you up around the building and within ten minutes, the place is packed.

1 week later
#153 3 years ago

I stayed at that Motel 6 for the first time last year. It wasn't bad for a Motel 6 if you don't mind cigarette smoke in every hallway. My room was kind of spacious and the flat screen/Dish combo was kind of nice.

Having said that, it's back to the Best Western for the next PAGG.

#157 3 years ago

Yep!..... Do you happen to know when the discounted rooms go on sale?

2 months later
#214 3 years ago

I forget....When do the hotel deals start popping up?

#216 3 years ago

Thanks.

Getting antsy....

1 month later
#354 3 years ago

I know this is a non starter, but how cool would this be at every pinball event....

zjsgb_(resized).jpg

#355 3 years ago

One more....

zjtkl_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#409 3 years ago

Dang....I was wondering why he wasn't posting as much.

So sad that Spencer is ill but happy that he's on the road to recovery. One of the nicest guys in the hobby.

Get better, Spencer. Can't wait to play a few games with you and Steve at PAGG!

2 weeks later
#436 3 years ago

For the first time in a long time, I'm skipping CAX and just doing PAGG this year. My last couple of trips to CAX were less than enjoyable.

Staying in the same hotel as the event is nice, though....

#455 3 years ago

Hooray!!! Spencer's back!!!!

Can't wait to play a few games with you at PAGG.

#491 3 years ago

I still have a handful of spirit posters left from last year I will be be selling at the swap meet Saturday morning

Hey Steve...Is there a charge for selling things at the swap meet? I'm thinking about selling some back glasses and other things that I bought at prior PAGGs.

1 week later
#546 3 years ago

I'm playing GOT at my hotel in Vegas and, although I've never seen an episode, it's becoming one of my favorite pins. So fast and so much fun!

2 weeks later
#608 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Ok baby, I think I'm ready for my first PAGG. I want to bring a couple games too. But...
I plan on unloading my two games (tentatively Speakeasy and EM Night Rider, mebbe a Buccaneer for tradebait) and then camping in my empty van with the fold out bed and such. But since you can't make reservations for the camping, I am a bit worried that I might get there Friday morning and not find any spots available. I saw someone above say that the camping usually doesn't sell out. With a 4 -5 hour drive, I wouldn't want to be juked.
Also, I would hafta load up the games by about 3:30 latest, to get home in time for other commitments. Would that be ok?

Awesome!! Can't wait to hang out and play pinball with you, Mark! You're gonna love it...so much more chill than CAX.

#609 3 years ago

We hung out at the banning pinball show right?

We all hung out for a bit at the last couple of CAX's.

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,PismoArcade.when are they gonna deliver that BL???Looks like a fun pin!!Did you preorder??

Quoted from fireball2:

Wha? Tony? Is there something you ain't told me yet daddio?

I wish!!!..... News to me!

I think you've got me mixed up with another Tony..... Not that I wouldn't love one.

#617 3 years ago

No worries... It is on my wish list....If I only had the space & $.

#634 3 years ago

So I have kept quiet about this because i was unsure if i would have time to make them this year, but I managed to get the hard part out of the way. I am happy to say I am once again providing name badges for free to any Pinside user. See pic below, but note that these are not complete, they will be hole drilled and lanyards will be provided. Also note that the photo shows the front and back, there is only one style of card.
I want to do it like I did last year, if you know you are coming and do not have an id badge (and want one) PM me with your username and real name and I will fill it out for you ahead of time, this in a way reserves it for you. One year I left them all blank and people took them all within a half hour and I think many of them were not even Pinside members.
I will be providing some blanks for people that come last minute, are undecided, etc.
If you already have one, please use it again. If you lost it, shame on you, but I will make you a new one.
Make it a point to introduce yourself to others, the friends I have made through this hobby are far and away the best part of it. The first year I went to PAGG I knew no one and had a good time, the next year I knew some people and had way more fun, last year I knew a ton of people and it was a complete blast!
Location for picking them up is as of yet undetermined, will most likely be at a vendors table as they have in previous years.

In case you didn't already realize it, you're a good egg, Steve!.... Searching for my badge as we speak.

Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH!!!!!!!!
alright pinheads! you wanted it, you got it. Ghost busters, Game of thrones, Hobbit, Full Throttle will all be at pin a go go.
as well as P3, Americas Most Haunted, and Archer. and many wonderful classic games from the 30's until present day.
See you there.

Ghostbusters???!!!! AMH???!!!! Full Throttle???!!

Thanks for making my night, Spencer!

#637 3 years ago

For those who have yet to play GOT, I predict you're gonna love it. I logged 20+ games in Vegas recently and I found it to be a whole bunch o' fun.

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Do you play at Lincoln Deli? I was there a few weeks ago and had no idea there was pinball in this place! It was a nice surprise. The pic below is a little blurry because I didn't want the guys to think I was creeping on them. There were about 7 or 8 guys playing while I was there, and it seemed like they were "in the hobby" based on the lingo they were using.
Line up was SS, I500, ToM, GI, and FT.

SLO_Pinball_(resized).jpg

Love that place! Had to do a quick scan of the picture to see if I was one of the players.

#730 3 years ago

Ha! That guy is all in with the pinball theme....I wonder if he switched off and put on a Gilligan hat when he played GI?

#776 3 years ago

Getting closer and closer..... Gotta pace myself this year.

Looking forward to pinball and smiling faces.

#802 3 years ago

Maybe I've missed it, but I've yet to see anything unseemly at PAGG. Most people that I encounter are cool and respectful.

CAX on the other hand.....

#813 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Meaning that it's "not" allowed? Can't find anything on the fairgrounds website about that or any other rules. Oh except, I did see this.

Capture_(resized).PNG

It was discreetly alluded to earlier, but there's a bit of tailgating that's been known to happen in the parking lot.

Unless L.O. is reading this, in which case there isn't.

#871 3 years ago

Just did a quick count and it looks like PAGG is up to 222 games so far..... Not bad!

#922 3 years ago

Yay.... Found it!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#924 3 years ago

Nah...Thanks though.

It's battle tested... I'll wear it with pride.

Thanks again for making them!

#935 3 years ago

Weather is supposed to be in the low 80's...don't forget to pack shorts and t-shirts. (Actually, that's 95% of my wardrobe.)

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Dixon+CA+95620:4:US

#936 3 years ago

Updated count.....240!!!

#961 3 years ago

Very cool...I would love one! Thank you.

Please let me know your cost so I can reimburse you.

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from Pincat:

Thanks for the drive advice guys! I'll look at the traffic conditions when we leave and make the final call but leaning towards the 99. I like small towns.
Also, just curious, I enjoy drinking beer and playing pinball. I mean, that's basically my favorite thing to do. Would it be unacceptable to bring a pack of beer to PAGG for personal consumption, or is that strictly a no-no?! Perhaps they have some for sale at the event instead? I'm used to playing pinball in bars, garages and basements so I usually don't think about it.

PM sent.

#978 3 years ago

Anyone know if Dixon has (m)any Uber drivers?

#979 3 years ago

Never mind.... Just Googled it and it appears Dixon has 0.0 drivers.

#1077 3 years ago

So appreciate you doing this.

Thank you.

#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Had fun! Saw lots of old friends, got some time on new games (archer and AMH are my favorites), girlfriend showed up with my son (if you saw a guy walking a 15 mo old kid around in the early evening onward, that was me) and had a pretty good one hand ball while holding him on T2.

Ha! I was playing next to you when you were playing one flipper T2 while holding your son.

#1160 3 years ago

My 5th and favorite PAGG so far. Thank you to everyone from the volunteers to those who brought pins to share.

Loved playing the new games. I love Ghostbusters as much as I thought I would. I really enjoyed playing Full Throttle, AMH and The P3. Never got a chance to play Archer...Every year I glom onto a different game and this year, for some reason, it was U-Boat 65.

The best part, of course, is hanging with the Pinsiders. A special thank you to Sparky for the amazing BBQ get-together. This was the first one i attended and I'm happy I did. Loved spending time with my friends, PracticalSteve, MrGone, Fireball2, etc.. Met some very cool Pinsiders like Hawkmoon and PinWillie... I wish I could remember the names of others....everyone was super cool.

O.K. MrGone...Time to start the 2017 thread!

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I had a great time at the show. Catching up with old buddies and meeting a couple new ones is always awesome. PAGG seemed to have a really good mix of games this year. I played alot of new games too. My rollergames didnt last through the show, but Baby Pac Man survived just fine. Waiting for MrGones 2017 thread...

Sorry I missed you. I really enjoyed that Baby Pac Man. It got tons of action this weekend.

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Bought this pinball lamp from BAA. Looks really cool with my wall of playfields.

Dammit. I looked at those several times and didn't pull the trigger.... Now that I'm home, I see the perfect spot.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Sparky: Can't thank you enough for sharing the camp spot. It was perfect and painless. And for the fine bbq hospitality. Feeding the masses is right! Nice to see Jack roped into working! We should set up a private machine or two @ the campground
Hawkmoon: Thanks for the legbolt wrench. Teardown today was a breeze daddio.
GeneX: Was that you who dialed me in with a dolly today? If so thanks a ton!
Cliffy: Thanks for the part for Speakeasy. Looks like it will fit beauty. I will know fer sure Tuesday when I get around to setting it up again.
I am sure there are plenty of others I owe thanks to (Tony and Fil).
Had a great time, and the machines held up pretty dang well under the pun. Great to meet and greet a buncha pinsiders in person.
First PaGG; certainly not the last. Think I can fit three machines next time... So PracticalSteve, if you STILL ain't got a Night Rider by then, I might just bring it too.
Hope somebody posts pix of the bbq, especially that there cake!
I still have a longhorn cookie as a souvenir.
mark

Always a blast, Mark!

#1180 3 years ago

I will remember that next year!
I got a lot to say about the show but too tired after being a pinball dirtbag all weekend so I will save it until tomorrow.

Way to keep us guessin' Kaned.....errrrrr.....PracticalSteve.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 189.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside