DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1272 7 years ago

The heroes of PaGG are the attendees themselves who make up the cross-section of fun people who share their love of all things pinball. By bringing a game, by helping out and by rooting from the sidelines. I got bit by the bug here in 2002 and have never missed a show. I was immediately helped out of my newbey-state by people I met there, and I continue to learn from them today.

About the comment concerning the way people treat games, I have never seen anyone mishandle a game there. I have tipped, bumped, and "violently moved" a game there and at other shows (mostly mine) to get stuck balls to move. Did I hurt the machines? No. Fact is they are made to industrial standards and are commercial pieces of machinery. In short, they are made to take abuse. After all, the main components above a piece of plywood with art on it are made of wood and plastic and we violently force a huge ball-bearing around the area at a speed I can't even guess. Is that abuse? No, it's pinball.

I have brought games to several shows numerous times and anything that stopped working was going to stop working any where it might be, eventually. A show is a great place to work out the bugs IMHO.

At one show I shook the hand of a guy who brought 2 games in as he started to unload them. "Thanks for bringing your games, we really appreciate it." He looked at me and said, "that's what they are for, to play." I have never forgotten that. His name is Ken and he is an organizer for California Extreme. He, TJ and Mark, all organizers of another show bring games to PaGG every year to share their games with whoever comes to the show and wants to play.

I share my games because I want people to enjoy pinball and get caught up in all it has to offer, which includes being surrounded by some of the most generous people I have ever met. I am grateful to live here and be a part of this incredible group of people.

Big thanks to the community who is responsible for this really fun show. It is a reflection of it's contents.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballnut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=pinballnut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.