DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Wanna block them off early & book my room.

Hold off on booking until we get our room rates figured out. It will save you some money and as long as you book a few months in advance you will get a room.

1 month later
#36 8 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

PAGG doesn't even take credit cards at the door

They did take credit cards at the door this last year, for what it's worth...

#38 8 years ago

I helped out at the door this year and accepted credit cards

See, we embrace some technology, but Pin-a-Go-Go tries to straddle that thin line where we keep things simple and honor the origins. It's what makes the show feel uniquely like Pin-a-Go-Go.

You are right about the website, I will see if that can be updated.

1 month later
#61 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm considering doing a Pinball Machine giveaway at next year's PAGG. Who do I talk to about that?

Sending ya a PM

2 months later
#141 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

You guys look at my collection,and if you guys think i should take one,speak up!!

Galaxy and Diner are awesome pins and were not there last year (at least I don't recall).

#147 8 years ago

Yeah this will be the first year I take Thurs thru Monday off.

1 month later
#189 8 years ago

Yeah I am in, good idea Eric...We will call it PPaGG, or Pre-Pin-a-Go-Go.

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I'm seriously considering hauling a few of my pins to the show this year from Merced. If I do, I will be hauling them in a trailer-- Is there a safe place to park just my trailer at the show for the weekend? I've had problems parking it at hotels before. Also, which games should I bring?
Mike

Hey Mike,

Should be no problems with trailers, there will be lots and lots of them already there along with cargo trucks. In terms of what to bring, you can wait until the games list (on the pinagogo.org site) starts filling out (in a few months) and try to bring titles that are not on the list. You will want to bring games that are reliable and well waxed as some games can see between 300 to 500 plays over the weekend. Feel free to PM me and when the time comes closer we will reach out and help you plan.

Thanks in advance!
Seth (Pin-a-Go-Go volunteer)

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I'm seriously considering hauling a few of my pins to the show this year from Merced. If I do, I will be hauling them in a trailer-- Is there a safe place to park just my trailer at the show for the weekend? I've had problems parking it at hotels before. Also, which games should I bring?
Mike

Yeah, Baywatch and Last Action Hero. Both are pins I have always wanted to log some time with.

2 months later
#362 8 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Actually I would be sleeping in the back of my suburban. I just need a KOA type place with a shower.

There is a KOA in West Sac right along 80. It's prolly 20 mins from the fairgrounds.

Screenshot_2016-02-21-00-07-02_(resized).pngScreenshot_2016-02-21-00-07-02_(resized).png

#382 8 years ago

What a bummer having two pinball shows on the same weekend. Hopefully it's just a one time thing.

#383 8 years ago

This is your "mrgone is enjoying a much deserved family vacation" 79 day, 16 hour, and 46 minutes bump!

#390 8 years ago

"Keeping the spirit of Mr Gone alive while he is busy" 74 days 2 hours 45 minutes bump!

1 week later
#425 8 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Has anybody confirmed that BAA will be there?

Yes, they are in! In terms of what Rick is bringing, not certain if glass is on the list.

1 week later
#467 8 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

Scorpion needs the correct length legs and the sound is dead

Excellent, never played Scorpion before, looking forward to taking it for a spin!

#477 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

By then I might have some stamina back.

Lets find you a nice bar stool on rollers!

1 week later
#534 8 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

That's the plan. Bring 2 and leave with another.
How's the selling work? You post a sign on the front of the translite with name, contact info and price? And if sold ask them to continue to let people play it until the end of the event?

There will be tags that are taped to the game (usually on the backglass) that denote the game number (so the techs can find the keys in case of a problem). On this tag there is a spot for your name, number, and if the game is for sale and how much (you are given the tag during sign in). People will call or text you from the show and you can walk over and review the game with them and talk turkey. If they like the game, money exchanges hands and you both walk over to the front desk and notify them of a ownership transfer. At that point, a little donation to Pin-a-Go-Go is a nice nod to the show for helping setup the transaction and the proceeds go to teens in need. The pin should stay until end of show on Sunday regardless of sale.

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anyone from PNW going with room to haul down a game in exchange for some gas money?

Hey John, I think there is...will email ya the details.

Cheers,
Seth

1 week later
#570 8 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

So excited! Anyone posting games they are bringing in this thread or is that somewhere else

The pinagogo.org website has the latest list of games that are signed up. And there is a Call for Games thread on pinside for us to discuss what to bring: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-a-go-go-2016-call-for-games

Cheers!

#576 8 years ago

We have a 130 machines signed up so far! Keep them coming!

#595 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,why is PAGG listed twice on the Events calendar??

Because I added it without seeing yours, LOL. If you want to update your Event name to the correct name (missing dashes) and move over the text, image, correct dates (think you are missing the end date) and times, I will kill my event.

Cheers,
Seth

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

NO Pinballholder!!

Thanks hawkmoon! Appreciate you adding our event to the calendar.

#615 8 years ago

From what we have been told, a Full Throttle is expected, thanks to Video Amusements!

#651 8 years ago

There should be a crew waiting to help you unload when you get there and get the games moved into their homes for the weekend. If you have room to bring your cart, that would be great, if not, no big deal. There will be quite a few floating around for everyone to use.

#654 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I still haven't made up my mind on what I'm bringing

Hmm, let me see if I can help lol. I know I would love to play your Counterforce, Force II, Bounty Hunter, and Pink Panther. And of course Punk!

#656 8 years ago

Those sound fantastic to me Steve! Even just Punk! and Counterforce alone would be amazing. I totally forgot about Time Line, that has been one I have been wanting to play since I saw it at your place.

#671 8 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Whose homes? The game's homes or the crew's homes and is it too late to volunteer for the crew?

LOL, I see what you did there. I shall have to be more careful with my phrasing in the future.

#718 7 years ago

17 Machines added to list yesterday. Total count is up to 168!

#793 7 years ago

To be clear, the beer policy is dictated by the fairgrounds not the show.

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Meaning that it's "not" allowed? Can't find anything on the fairgrounds website about that or any other rules. Oh except, I did see this. Capture_(resized).PNG

If you have any concerns, please feel free to hunt down one of the show organizers and we can have a good discussion and I think you will quickly understand the position the show is in. Thanks for your interest and see ya at the show!

#812 7 years ago

No doubt! I had to bleed and sweat may way though putting new rubber kit on my STTNG last week. So much effort but will be worth it!

#815 7 years ago

In general, most of the modern pins have audits to track number of plays. Typical number of plays for Pin-a-Go-Go are between 300-500 depending on the machine (i.e. demand).

I typically shoot for shorter ball times, so medium difficulty or higher is good by me. You try to strike the balance between a new person being able to enjoy their first game on your machine (nice an easy rules) and the seasoned vets that will take an easy rule set and have a 30 min game.

#878 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, small world, he got all my game specific parts a while back.
Steve

Yep, and they are staying with it

#888 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Is Larry Z bringing his normal allotment of wedgeheads and woodies?

Yep, and his pins are all signed up and listed on the website.

#943 7 years ago

I travel down to DL a few times a year, and I now prefer 99 over 5 and its usually same drive time if not a little faster (although I think it is a little longer miles wise). I haven't paid close attention to road condition, but dont remember anything crazy that would cause me to be concerned. Its a lot more scenic and there are a lot less big trucks.

#944 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I was going to bring my own pinball dolly so I don't have to wait at 5 pm to load out. But can put my name on it and make it available for set up Friday. Is that necessary?
Also very willing to help load in when I'm done Friday, is that being to forward?

Bringing and then sharing your dolly is very generous and appreciated. Labeling it with some tape is good way to keep track of it and have others help you find it when you need to leave.

Help loading out is always appreciated and welcomed!

See ya in a few days

#964 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Please let me know if you would like me to make one for you as well

Super duper kewl, please sign me up!

#988 7 years ago

Yeah, I picked up the bigger U-Haul 5x9 open trailer at $25 a day. Should fit 4 pins on their legs.

#1016 7 years ago

Phase 1 complete! Load it up in a few hours when my help arrives.

2016-05-11_14.00.38_(resized).jpg2016-05-11_14.00.38_(resized).jpg

#1019 7 years ago

Phase 2 complete

20160511_170542_(resized).jpg20160511_170542_(resized).jpg

#1025 7 years ago

Phase 3 complete

20160511_193930_(resized).jpg20160511_193930_(resized).jpg

#1028 7 years ago

You want me to pull those two games from the list?

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Yes please, and I do apologize. Family things came up that need the bigger car.

No worries Brian, life happens! Ok the games are off the website.

#1267 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Did anyone on here purchase the Capcom Airborne? Was seriously considering buying it, but only had room for one machine, and i had already bought one. I really liked the unique layout and skill shot.

Someone traded for it, so it went home to a new owner.

#1301 7 years ago

Tis always the weekend after Mother's Day, every year. So that put's it on Friday, May 19th.

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/pin-a-go-go-2017

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballholder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=pinballholder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.