DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider papazit1963.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#192 8 years ago

I'm seriously considering hauling a few of my pins to the show this year from Merced. If I do, I will be hauling them in a trailer-- Is there a safe place to park just my trailer at the show for the weekend? I've had problems parking it at hotels before. Also, which games should I bring?

Mike

#196 8 years ago

Sounds good! I can probably bring both of those. Baywatch is the one that was there a couple of years ago. I bought it from Justin. Actually I bought both of those from him at the same time...lol Should be a great year at PAGG!

Mike

1 month later
#250 8 years ago

I was gonna try and make a contending one. Then I looked again at jsa's. I can't do any better than that! That's perfect. Give the man his shirt. Maybe fine-tune the wording that's all. Great idea btw.

Mike

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

No! You should try!

You asked for it...

Bill_(resized).PNGBill_(resized).PNG

#262 8 years ago

carl_(resized).PNGcarl_(resized).PNG

1 week later
#286 8 years ago

When do you guys start creating the game list for this year? I'm trying to figure out what to bring and I'd like to start sprucing those up.

Mike

2 weeks later
#374 8 years ago

You could hit both spots in the same day if you have a rental car, maybe a 45-hour drive between the two with bay area traffic.

For a guy with "practical" in his name, I'd think 45min would be more practical than 45-hour.

I too agree that both FGW and the pinball museum are great places but you don't want to get burned out before PAGG. But if you have the time go for it!

Mike

2 weeks later
#402 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks but I just want a nice brand new sheet of flawless tempered glass. The one I'm replacing has a lot of scratches in it.
I'll check out Bay Area for sure

Just go to your local glass shop. That's how I get all my glass now. $35 each. Give them the deminsions and order tempered without the logo.

Mike

#407 8 years ago

GET WELL SOON MR. GONE (Spencer)! See you at PAGG!

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I may have to drive down there to get glass! It sure isn't that cheap here in Sac!

I use San Joaquin Glass here in Merced. Ask for Larry, he'll hook you up.

Mike

1 week later
#434 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok boys - my ignited pin obsession will finally lead me to my first PAGG and possibly CAX this year!
Give us newbies the 101 being Illl
make Saturday at least.
For example, Do I need to hit the REI and get camelpaks ready for "hydration" and snacks for stamina or what?
Do you recommend tix ahead and where should I buy?
Finally, what's the major diff between this particular event and CAX?
any input would be awesome - looking fwd to it!

PAGG and CAX are both great, very different shows. PAGG is more small-town feeling. Only pins as Cheddar said. Great people and tons of pinball fun!

CAX is more of a mixed show--Pins and Vids. Larger overall, but to me not as friendly as PAGG. Nice to stay at the same hotel that the show is in. Sometimes I think they should have a deodorant booth with free samples at CAX. Both shows are fun though!

Mike

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

But staying in a trailer or RV on the grounds is AWESOME! It's like Pinball Camp!

Hopefully I'll be doing that this year too! Can these be reserved Mark? Or are they all first come, first serve?
\
Mike

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

First Come, First Serve. What day do you plan to arrive?

Going to bring games this year, so Thursday through Sunday.

1 week later
#508 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

We'll have to start a new thread for the eventual central valley gathering. We'll also probably have to include everything and everyone from Bakersfield up to Modesto. The biggest hurdle to doing it is a location. There aren't any good arcades/barcades that I know of in town here. Might just have to be at somebody's house, if they're willing. Or, we could just wait for the Dave and Busters to open up here in Fresno. Should be end of summer sometime…
When we get closer to PAGG, are you gonna have a sign up list for what people need to bring/are bringing to your BBQ?

I'm down for a Central Valley meetup too. I have a store that has 5 games in it (TAF, T2, SWT, F-14, EVAPM). We're closed on the weekends, but I could open up some Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a meetup and some pinball! Seems to be a few Fresno guys on here now and I know Sparky and some others a bit further north that could try to make it. Let's do this. Since the store will be closed (to the public) you can even bring your own adult beverages in ice chests and snacks. I'll check my home calendar tonight and pick a day and let you all know. Stand by.

Mike

lineup_(resized).JPGlineup_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#541 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Come on pinheads. there are currently less than 100 pins listed on the pin a go go bring games page. the last two years we had just under 300 games. lets get it to 300 this year. don't have any games to bring? offer to help others set up and or take down games.
we are getting close. remember, this is our show. run by pinheads for pinheads. and every penny goes to help local kids. you, yes, you. get off the couch. bring a game, feel real good. have fun.

I'm bringing a few games. I just can't decide which ones yet! I'm thinking for sure Baywatch (for sale) and El Vira and the Party Monsters (not for sale) and maybe 1 or 2 more.

Mike

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Is El Vira the spanish version?

I don't think so. Her moans and groans are definitely in English!

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

keep in mind that for people bringing games you can park your trailer in the lot there and don't need it in your camping spot.

Good to know!

1 week later
#673 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

How do you guys typically manage power distribution?

Isn't there a big wind turbine just outside of town that was built just for PAGG?

#690 7 years ago

I'll have a nice Baywatch for sale. Possibly others.

Mike

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Will it fit in a convertible? lol That's the hardest part........next year i'm hoping for a truck and trailer set up! need to get serious about collecting Come on Canadian dollar! Sparky whats up? This is a reason to come so far! Nothing like it! Announce already!

Of course it will fit! That's the beauty of a convertible. Just bring some rope!

#700 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Ok...I checked my email history from last year, and I sent out the bbq announcement on April 27th, so I guess it's not too early
**Please read this entire announcement, as there is very important information throughout** ; )
SPG's 9th Annual PAGG BBQ is taking place Saturday, May 14th at 12:00pm (notice we are back to the regular noon-time start). We would really like to see as many people attend between 12:00 and 1:00 because the main purpose of this bbq is to meet, greet, and mingle with all our pinball brethren! We understand a lot of you have volunteer commitments, so dropping by all afternoon is welcomed, but 12 - 1pm is ideal.
If you plan on playing in the tournament on Saturday, Tom Collins, this year's tournament director, has said if you sign up for the first two tee-off times (10:30 and 10:45), you will miss the 12 - 1 bbq times, as you will still be playing. He suggested you sign up for any of the afternoon tee-off times if you want to attend the bbq.
In the past I've sent out Evites to keep track of the number of attendees, but we've grown too big for that, sooooooooo I will plan for a lot of brats, hot dogs, rolls, and buns.
If you plan on attending, please consider contributing to the pot luck. The following items are suggestions for food items. You don't need to respond if you are bringing something from the list below. We will cross our fingers that there will be enough food! We run out of side dishes VERY FAST, so please, please, please consider bringing a food item, even if it means picking something up in the deli department of the grocery store.
- Potato, macaroni, pasta, green, coleslaw, carrot raisin, fruit, bean, and any other salads you can think of.
- Chili, casseroles, wings, deviled eggs, half ears of corn, vegetable trays, dips, taquitos, egg rolls, aram sandwiches, sweet potato fries, stuffed jalapenos, etc.
- Desserts
- If you bring something that needs to stay cold, please bring an ice chest.
- If you bring something that needs a serving utensil, please provide it.
- If you bring something that you want back, please put your name on it.
We all love chips, but if you bring a bag or two, please consider one of the above food items, as well.
It's great to have water, soda, and beer, too, but please consider one of the above food items, as well.
Looking forward to another great year at PAGG!
Mark (Sparky)

We'll be parked very near you if not right next to you. We will have an extra bar-b-q if you need any extra grill space, sun canopy and we'll bring some yummy sides, beer and water as well. Thanks again Mark (Sparky) for doing this! Looking forward to meeting even more great pinheads!

Mike

#760 7 years ago

I'm bringing 4 games, 3 of which will be for sale. Star Wars Trilogy, Baywatch, Black Knight and Elvira and the party monsters. All will be for sale except Elvira. PM me for questions or if you're interested.

Mike

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Friday night I'm running a tournament too so if you are up to play and earn a few WPPRs join in - it's free if you're at PAGG and want to play I hope to see you there: http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=13724#
I love to get new people into pinball so we'll be trying to help people learn games while as it'll be in groups so you get to play with up to three other people. Three strikes so you can at least play three matches (you can track it live via Matchplay.events once the tournament starts: https://matchplay.events/live/j1w0)

Hey Gene. I'm interested in this tourny. Do I need to be preregistered on IFPA or anything to play?

Mike

#808 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsane:

Here's a link to an interactive 360° panorama of Denverton Hall from last year's Pin-a-Go-Go:
http://www.pinsane.com/pinorama/events/PAGG_15
On a computer, you can click and drag your mouse to move around.
In an iphone, you can swipe to move around, OR you can touch the gyroscope icon and then move your phone around to look around the room.
And here's an image called "Magic Under Glass" from last year's show:

20150517_pagg_-2_(resized).jpg

Very nice. I love this picture... "curious innocence".

#810 7 years ago

I've have a new found respect for "operators"! Working on cleaning up the 4 games I'll be bringing, got 2 wrapped and ready to go--I haven't sweated like that in years! Either I'm getting old, fat, weak or all of the above...jeez.

#851 7 years ago

That's a great price on glass!

#884 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Under the category of: "Strange part needed that I'm not sure if they sell separately" …..
Does anybody have an extra or know where to buy a lockbar lever condom? Most sites I look it up on don't sell the just the condom. Plus, I'm not too keen on paying $7 shipping on a most likely $2 item.
Just curious if I can buy one somewhere or if I need to make my own with PlastiDip or something.

Yea, I've used the plastic dip stuff too. Works well. Just kind of a waste to buy the whole can for just one dip. Cheddar's heat shrink tubing idea might work too.

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Why do anything to the lock bar lever? Is it just for looks or is there something I am unaware of here?

Yea, pretty sure it's just a safety reason...but you have the door open to touch it right? And when the door is open, HV coils are disabled right? Unless you bypass the switch in which case you could get shocked. And it's pretty.

#933 7 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

4 games are soldiered and ready.

"Soldiered"--I like that. I've got my 4 Soldiered!

#967 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

vinyl stickers of Pinside avatars

I would love one as well. Thanks for doing this!

Mike

#998 7 years ago

All loaded up and ready to go! Btw -- my trailer is in a secret location guarded by dogs and Glocks...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1081 7 years ago

Thanks for the stickers!

#1096 7 years ago

Morning!

Open open open....

#1210 7 years ago
Quoted from Pincat:

Just got here but best score at PAGG so far. 1.3 mil on Black Knight. Not bad for a scrub?

That's a great score! That was my machine and I don't think I've ever scored over 800k. Well done. I'm gonna miss Mr. Knight...

#1215 7 years ago

Who had the baywatch for sale? I couldn't buy it at the show but I keep thinking about it, so if you dragged it home let me know.

That was my Baywatch. It did indeed sell. Sorry. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll miss it!

Mike

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Nobody liked the MET pro with the hip/hop dance mix?

I loved it! Hopefully nobody lives in the basement! "My humps, my lovely lady humps"! Lol

#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Man what an awesome weekend! New members of the family are all set up and leveled out ready to play!

Looking good!

#1277 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Did anyone on here purchase the Capcom Airborne? Was seriously considering buying it, but only had room for one machine, and i had already bought one. I really liked the unique layout and skill shot.

That sure was an interesting game wasn't it? I though it was very nice looking and the game play on it wasn't bad either.

#1306 7 years ago

I would also like to thank the techs at the show. Especially Timathie! These guys really helped me keep my 4 games running smoothly throughout the show -- so smoothly that I sold the 3 that were for sale. Thanks to all who volunteered. Can't wait for next year!
Mike

#1332 7 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

FINALLY...our pictures are up on the Flickrsphereintertubes...
Two albums.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/80585364@N07/albums/72157668789219165
https://flickr.com/photos/80566079@N04/sets/72157668401834932
You're all so darned photogenic! But if you're in a picture and you want out, just let us know, we can pull you off the webs..
Cheers!
Art (and Amanda)

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider papazit1963.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=papazit1963 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.