DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jabbles180.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

For once im going to have to say im glad we have some time before the show starts again. Man im spent this year!

Hopefully there will be some fun treats in store for the show next year.

#19 8 years ago

Im already rebuilding games and adding more to the collection for next year.

Pin-pimp ill be excited to see what treats you have in store for us next year. I am glad you had a good time and am excited to have you return to the show again.

Spencer get on that park brother!

1 month later
#48 8 years ago

Im ready for the family reunion again. Is it May?

1 month later
#69 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

258 days and counting.
When does the game list start?

Too soon. Who knows what games ill have by the time of the show?

2 months later
#133 8 years ago

No games list yet Mr. Gone. There's no guarantee I would still own the games I put on the list if it was out already.

The question is, how many machines to I pull out of the house this year? I'm pretty sure Split Second will be there but I'd what else until I see what everyone else is bringing. No LOTR this year, it was utterly destroyed from plays last year haha.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Imma try my best to make it down there again. Probably not gonna be able to take any games again. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Hope to see you there brother!

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Hey Jabbles, you gonna drive the Valley Truck this year?

Is there going to be a valley truck this year? I probably could. Or I could co-pilot again haha.

#154 8 years ago

Well looks like I'm in charge of bringing SoF this time around. So I've got my first 2 machines covered. And early stern and a system 11.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

There's never been AMH at PAGG right? Can some owners bring some? I'll bring mine if I can have help maintaining it at the show

That's what the pin medics are for. There is at least one athat any given time throughout the weekend.

1 month later
#205 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

So theoretically Rob Zombie may be out and I hear there are a few folks in NorCal getting them - any chance to see them at PAGG? I've already promised to bring my AMH - would be cool to have a "Spooky" section

According to the number I'm listed at looks like RZ won't make it from me this year. Will for sure be there the following though.

2 weeks later
#220 8 years ago

Wait did I hear spirit shirt? Grrr...

Xl please please!
Haha

1 week later
#253 8 years ago
Quoted from BumperMcBaulhogh:

I also suggest we start man-ing up and politely inform for these folks that they need to include folks waiting behind them or move on. The headphones are just a hog tactic so no one asks them to move. Some dudes (and it's always dudes) just pretend they can't hear ya. I know I have been too chicken to do it and I just start being passive aggressive about it. I get bummed and the hog keeps hoggin'. More than once I have seen this type of rule posted and then ignored at shows. It's our responsibility to create the proper folkways and morays expected at these shows. I think this sign on the machine is a great idea so that you can just point at it for Mr Headphones to read.

Haha I've literally reached under a game and turned it off once at PaGG because a guy played a 4 player game, turned, looked right at me as I began to walk up to the machine, and started another game. He was nice enough to only press start 3 times this time though. He was pretty heated when I cut the power but he just moved on.

I know last year I asked a couple of people to move on from my LOTR because there was a line and they were playing multiple games. They always say something stupid and I just point to the owner sticker and tell them, "that name up there, it's mine."

Never thought of posting something along the lines of "Press the start button once per player." With a big arrow on the left hand score card. Or a game hog card. Good idea Steve. It's hard to dispute the ignorance rule if it's on every game.

1 week later
#316 8 years ago

This thread is giving me anxiety already. Way too many projects to get up by May.

1 week later
#333 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

90 days until SHOWTIME!
We are only 3 months away from pin a go go.
The games, the people, the swap meet, the food, the fun.
It's getting close.
Bring your games, bring a friend,
Volunteer.
See you there.

I'll do what I want! Haha

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Flash! if you have not already heard, this year pin a go go welcomes back Steve Ritchie!
And if that were not enough for you Jersey Jack will be there as well so plan on seeing and playing the hobbit.
89 days and counting pinheads.
See you there!

Can we have Pat Lawlor JJP #3 reveal at PaGG too? We will be good, I promise. Haha

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Well, come on by, PM me when you're free and we'll work something out. I've been taking pics of the whole process and been sending updates to Todd about every other week. Everything is swapped over to the NOS playfield on the underside now, I'm moving on to the board upgrades. I had to repaint the head and modify it to the later System 80A type of head, just couldn't stand looking at the blue color on the head he had to use (from a Pink Panther) when it should be orange. Also, I had to locate a lot of missing parts to make the game correct again. By locate, I mean find in all my boxes.
Steve

Good ol' blownfuse making the impossible happen. I'm totally excited to see this project come together as well. I saw what it looked like before hand. Haha.

#369 8 years ago

Working on games to bring along. Im starting to feel the PaGG spirit. It's getting closer.

#389 8 years ago

Listed 5 to start. Looking to add more once it gets closer and I know what else I'll have bulletproofed and ready for the show.

Even helping out blownfuse by bringing at least 1 sys80s to the show. Thinking devils dare might have to make a showing too.

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

"Keeping the spirit of Mr Gone alive while he is busy" 74 days 2 hours 45 minutes bump!

I'm glad he's busy. I've been dropping the ball when it comes to finishing BH.

4 weeks later
#479 8 years ago

Shoot I have to get to work on some games...

4 weeks later
#674 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I don't have enough time to go through Bounty Hunter, Force II, Pink Panther and do them the justice they deserve. What about Punk, Striker, Counterforce, Mars, God of war and Time Line? Every year, it gets harder to come up with ideas that outdo the previous show. Sometimes I hit my mark, other times, I shoot off my toes.
Steve

Not counterforce, I haven't gotten mine yet and after everyone plays it I'm never going to find one.

I'm bringing alien star, volcano, and devils dare. We should have a nice line of sys80s this year!

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I have a few free parts as well! TAF gold bumper tops(3) shooter rods,1 Stern 2013,1 Bally 1992,TAF pf parts,a pair of Bally backbox hinges,2 pair white footies,1pair leg adjusters,RBION original game book,brand new leg lug wrench,2 sizes from B.A.A.,or,give this stuff away at the swap meet Sat. Speak up,or shut up! 14days and a wake up!!!

If nobody else wants them IL take the shooter rods. Seems like I always get games that are missing them or have cracked heads on them.

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I've have a new found respect for "operators"! Working on cleaning up the 4 games I'll be bringing, got 2 wrapped and ready to go--I haven't sweated like that in years! Either I'm getting old, fat, weak or all of the above...jeez.

I feel you on that. I was sweating like a pig soldiering and moving machines yesterday. I miss the cold.

#817 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Same here. Spent an hour last night putting new rubber in my TZ, adjusting some switches and contacts, cleaning the hard to get to areas, and play-testing, of course. All it needs now is a basic cleaning and she's good to go. Wednesday night is when I attack my TAF. Mostly the same stuff for that one, but also some hard parts are getting replaced. It might take me a little longer, but man will it be worth it!
I haven't really surfed the menus on them for it yet, but is there a way to monitor number of plays when the machine is on Free Play? Is it in the sub-menus for "new location"? I'd love to put a quarter/credit button on it just to be able to "monetize" the number of plays they get over the weekend, but at this late a stage, I don't see that happening. At this point I can settle for doing the math of 75c/2credits and extrapolate out how much they "made". For some reason, I'm slightly obsessed with knowing the point when my games have "paid for themselves".
Also, is it preferred to put the games back to a more standard set of rules? Both of mine are set up with a custom set of rules that are halfway between medium and hard, according to the manuals' predetermined rule set settings. I'm tempted to leave them as they are and see if anybody can beat my scores(which I'm sure someone will). That way, I'll have a new goal this year!

I keep mine set how I have them for league. Wide outlanes, steep pitch, no extra balls. If it is setup easy your skill progression is a lot slower. Plus who wants to wait in a line behind someone playing a 4 player game where a single game could last 30 min+

Get them in and get them out. They have 3 days to play as much as they want. Haha.

1 week later
#927 7 years ago

I have 2-3 games to get up before thursday. Hope I can get them done. 4 games are soldiered and ready. Others will be soldiered Wednesday as I still want to play them haha

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from ntstlgl1970:

We need googly eyes to put on pins (mine of course), can Adam bring some?!?

I think I still have some laying around. Probably about 15-20. I'll have to look for them

1 week later
#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Great show! Met some new Pinside folks and had a chance to play some uber rare pins. Finally got to play a Hobbit LE and can't wait for ours to arrive. Thanks to the collectors who went through the hassle to bring and set up their pins. Much appreciated!
On a side note, to the ass hats that were brutally slamming games around when your balls drained; I wish you truly understood that these are personal pieces from someone's collection. There were countless times my wife or I pulled aside players to remind them they don't have to beat the games up to try and improve their score. This is our fifth PAGG, and by far the most " violent " to date. I imagine as the event continues to grow, this behavior may as well. Okay, off of soapbox. Just feel bad for the owners who brought their games for everyone to enjoy.

People kept on bringing this up. I did find many games moved around from where they started from time to time. If anyone watched someone pick up swords of fury and drop it, that was me. The ball kept getting stuck behind the upper playfield and I didn't have a magnet to get it out. Luckily, it was my game. Other then that I didn't see that much violence. I was busy keeping all my early 80s machines up.

To all that enjoyed the early sterns, ballys, and gottliebs, I'm glad to hear. They are great game and I was happy to find a bunch of quarters in my machines. An old way to tell someone at the show their game was enjoyed.

Can't wait until next year.

#1235 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Really? I had never heard that! I really like that idea. I like the idea someone had earlier of some kind of awards for peoples favorite at a show, best restore, etc...

The quater story is true. Sometimes it can cause some problems if the game doesn't have coin mechs and you have metal flying through the door. So far I noticed quarters in alien star, flash gordon, silverball mania, and devils dare.

Hoping to have some more rarities from the 80s to share for next year. People really seemed to enjoy them this year.

Blownfuse, next year we need the return of spirit. I didn't get my fix and I'm itching.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, I kinda knew that would happen, I've been saying for years that Counterforce is a sleeper/underrated game. I'm happy that people are starting to see what I see in these games.

I finally finished unpacking my van from the show, I'm beat. Thanks to everyone that made it to the show, pinball is great but the people make it better. I have fun every year and it's all because of everyone here. Thanks to the PAGG staff and techs (I'm sure the Boys & Girls Club will be thankful too). Congratulations to the winners in the pinball tourney, silent auction and ticket drawings. Thanks to all my friends (far too many to mention here) for the great weekend experience, I didn't want it to end. Special thanks to practicalsteve and mrgone for keeping me grounded. After I finish a few projects and get through my fishing season, it'll be time to start planning for next year.
Steve

Don't want to say I told you, but....

The fights on. I'll only let counterforce slip by me if I get a spirit instead.

Thanks Charland for making the fight harder.

Guess I just get rack em up going and give up.

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

that's drinking age, so that must mean something

Oh, no....

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

how many people still have not unpacked their games? count me as 1 of them.

County me in. I have 14 soldiers and league on thursday lol

#1286 7 years ago

Can I get the leveling crew here at my place before league tomorrow? Thanks!

#1307 7 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I would also like to thank the techs at the show. Especially Timathie! These guys really helped me keep my 4 games running smoothly throughout the show -- so smoothly that I sold the 3 that were for sale. Thanks to all who volunteered. Can't wait for next year!
Mike

Yeah the pin medics were top notch this year. Tim lent me all his tools whenever I needed them. That was a huge help. So glad to see him back this year after he took last year off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 125.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 199.95
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jabbles180.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=jabbles180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.