DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

Adam, you got 356 days to prepare. Want to drive the truck next year?

3 weeks later
#30 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Only 11 months til the next PAGG show!!

I think the clock is slow!

2 months later
#70 8 years ago

Wishlist time! I would love to see a Barracora at next year's PaGG!

#74 8 years ago

Maybe half to two thirds of the games come in before Friday. There are a couple of large collectors who bring in trucks and then some local groups bring in a bunch. The rest come in Friday morning. But the Friday morning games come in in smaller amounts so more people.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

yup, brad grant brought his. great game. maybe he will bring his again this year.
going nuts would be fun. maybe if I keep pestering blown fuse he will bring it just so I will quit asking.

I must have missed it. Bummer

2 months later
#139 8 years ago

Hey Jabbles, you gonna drive the Valley Truck this year?

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Is there going to be a valley truck this year? I probably could. Or I could co-pilot again haha.

I'll be in dixon all day so I can't drive. Counting on you buddy!

1 week later
#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Well looks like I'm in charge of bringing SoF this time around. So I've got my first 2 machines covered. And early stern and a system 11.

I'm in for Jumping Jack, Paragon, F2K, High Speed and BoP 2.0. That's 8 in your truck already

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

That's what the pin medics are for. There is at least one athat any given time throughout the weekend.

PaGG's pin medics are the best around! Bring your machines and they are in great hands

#172 8 years ago

Half a year, feels like yesterday and tomorrow is so far away

4 weeks later
#187 8 years ago

Steve I demand you come to Lodi before April and have a mini PaGG with Jabbles, Chris and me. Lets get you worn out before the kid comes!

#191 8 years ago

Face it most of these machines will be at PaGG. We can call it a tune up party

#201 8 years ago

We should wait for the organizers to announce the theme so they can put their one liner up for the show, the latest poster, etc...

3 weeks later
#219 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I,m gonna try to volunteer this year,so i hope to see you all!!

That's awesome hawkmoon. I loved working the wristband line Saturday morning for the weekend pass holders. I recommend it!

2 weeks later
#268 8 years ago

I lack artistic skills but here's the text:

For every extra time you push the start button...

you lose a finger!

1 week later
#285 8 years ago

I'm the volunteer coordinator this year. If you have any questions please send them my way

#287 8 years ago

List didn't go up until April last year. Bring them all Mike!

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Has anyone started an"unofficial what's for sale at PAGG forum" yet? If not I'll start one on Monday with my 1960 Bally Beach Queens. Need to take some photos.

That's a nice looking pin. What are you thinking of asking for it?

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from ntstlgl1970:

Cheddar, I'm in on volunteering....please add me to whatever list you start

Will do

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

count me in on helping out too.

You guys rock!

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Everybody remember to wear your Pinside t-shirts on Friday,then the new PAGG ones the rest of the show!!

Did you get a pinside badge? I think Practical Steve made them.

1 week later
#343 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Cheddar,yes,i have my pinside badge from the site last year! I,ll be wearing my pinside t shirt,and badge on Thurs! will be there around 11.A.M.Thurs., 4 setup! And,i,ll be bringing the donations for the tool chest from us pinheads up here!!

Great work Hawkmoon! Look forward to meeting you there

1 week later
#388 8 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

List your games! The PAGG website is ready and waiting!
Submission Form -> http://goo.gl/forms/qt9xV8LvJD
Bring Games Page -> http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/
Our League, Monterey Flipper Pinball, has 4 games listed so far, we're hoping to at least double the 3 we brought last year.
Later!

Steve Ritchie fans bring your games and get them signed!

2 weeks later
#423 8 years ago

Mr Gone, we miss you and need you back. Get well soon!

1 week later
#433 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok boys - my ignited pin obsession will finally lead me to my first PAGG and possibly CAX this year!
Give us newbies the 101 being Illl
make Saturday at least.
For example, Do I need to hit the REI and get camelpaks ready for "hydration" and snacks for stamina or what?
Do you recommend tix ahead and where should I buy?
Finally, what's the major diff between this particular event and CAX?
any input would be awesome - looking fwd to it!

You can buy tickets at the door, the lines move pretty good and most time there are no lines.
You can get snacks and drinks on site. Water fountains are available too.
PaGG is all pinball and has more of a good time with your buddies feel!

Do your wrist training, you don't want to punk out after 3 hours and have to watch everyone else play!

#456 8 years ago

Welcome back Spencer. 50 days to get ready for pagg!

#473 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I'm going to need shoulders to lean on. I'm still weak as hell and have a long way to recover fully.

We'll carry you if we have too. You're not missing anything! Several of us will have campers there if you need to rest

#528 8 years ago

The volunteer page is ready to go. If you want to volunteer pm me your email and I'll send you the link.

Thanks!

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I'm bringing a few games. I just can't decide which ones yet! I'm thinking for sure Baywatch (for sale) and El Vira and the Party Monsters (not for sale) and maybe 1 or 2 more.
Mike

Is El Vira the spanish version?

1 week later
#561 8 years ago

keep in mind that for people bringing games you can park your trailer in the lot there and don't need it in your camping spot.

#569 8 years ago

Hey! Have you signed up to help at Pin a Go Go yet? Our sign up page is ready for you.

We can't have a great show without our great volunteers.

PM me for info

Thanks!

#578 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Is there a "bad" time to load games in, like a major rush hour kind of thing at a typical time?

Thursday afternoon is wide open, Friday morning can get pretty busy. The worst time is when the show is open although we understand that people have jobs and long drives. We have plenty of carts and people willing to help load and setup. If you wanted to come on thursday you could help too!

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

How do you guys typically manage power distribution?

We have a great team that manages our power. We limit the number of machines per circuit and all is good.

#670 8 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Whose homes? The game's homes or the crew's homes and is it too late to volunteer for the crew?

pm me and I'll send you the sign up link

#672 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

LOL, I see what you did there. I shall have to be more careful with my phrasing in the future.

Are we still doing phrasing?

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

pm me and I'll send you the sign up link

Here's to me not getting the joke

#721 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Is it still cash only at the door for admission? I feel like they took cards last year..

We take all major credit cards so bring it on!

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Nothing exciting just some(6) 28.5 in. WMS/BLY legs w/ levelers & some green sling protectors for Metallica (from iamdarras ) but the price is right... FREE!
Pics incoming ...

I'll take the legs thanks

#789 7 years ago

Who has time to sit down to dinner at PAGG? are you telling me you guys waste time eating food when you can be playing pins?

who has time to sit down?

#826 7 years ago

Hey Pin-a-Go-Goers, we still have security and other positions open Friday and Saturday night and we need your help. If you know someone who is on the fence about going this is their chance to earn a free entry for the day.

It is shaping up to be a great show. There are some top notch and rare titles signed up at http://pinagogo.org/bring-games/ and this might be your only chance to play some of these titles.

Please help by signing up at http://vols.pt/pDN62G

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you at Pin-a-Go-Go

#831 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think it's a safe bet to say mrgone already has a browser window open, starting a new thread here on Pinside, just waiting to hit the "post" button, entitled "The Official 2017 Pin a Go Go Thread".
He'll probably hit the "post" button at 5:01pm on the 15th, too!
(and I'm ok with that)

He waited 90 minutes last year "2015-05-17 18:35 PDT". I think he needs to up his game

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Cheddar,my schedule has me on door/roving sec.in the EM room,fri,12:45 to 4:45.Silent auction with Mary,Sat.2:45, 6:45. I can also be available for security later fri.nite,after i refuel?Let me know!!

I'll hold you in reserve moon, thanks for all you've done!

#842 7 years ago

I'm cool Steve, my badge is turning 3 this year!

#883 7 years ago

I thought they were shoddily wound with electrical tape at the factory!

Plastidip is what I've used.

I wonder if this would be easier: http://www.amazon.com/3M-Yellow-Heat-Shrink-Tubing/dp/B0002BA4NK

#886 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Why do anything to the lock bar lever? Is it just for looks or is there something I am unaware of here?

if they touch a bulb socket it can blow a fuse.

#893 7 years ago

Detour looks just about a mile in San Pablo. Leave late and miss the traffic!

#908 7 years ago
Quoted from hobbypin:

My Next generation machine is not going to make the trip . Corvette is still coming and I'm going to through in Big Indian. Not ever attending a pinball show before, my question is, what kind of condition do machines need to be in for the show? My Big Indian plays good, Playfield is in decent shape, back glass has some flaking and cabinet is pretty bad as far as paint. Is it acceptable to be in the show?

Good players, bad lookers, and great lookers we take them all. If it's fun to play bring it!

#911 7 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Whoop! I'm going to make it. I am still looking for a rough Williams system 3-11 for my next Proc project. I'm pretty sure I can fit one in the back of my Chevy Volt.

I've got a rough but fully working Alien Poker that fits the bill!

#912 7 years ago

2 games ready, 4 to go!IMAG1608_(resized).jpgIMAG1608_(resized).jpg

#926 7 years ago

durango has got to be bigger than my honda pilot (2011). I take the head off of one and put it across the back of the front seats. Then I put the other machine behind it pointing towards the back with the first machines head next to it

#934 7 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Pilot can just barely fit a game with the head on

2011 pilot is taller. I have no problem with mine. The earlier model was probably 3-4 inches shorter

#981 7 years ago
Quoted from Pincat:

Thanks for the drive advice guys! I'll look at the traffic conditions when we leave and make the final call but leaning towards the 99. I like small towns.
Also, just curious, I enjoy drinking beer and playing pinball. I mean, that's basically my favorite thing to do. Would it be unacceptable to bring a pack of beer to PAGG for personal consumption, or is that strictly a no-no?! Perhaps they have some for sale at the event instead? I'm used to playing pinball in bars, garages and basements so I usually don't think about it.

Some of us don't want to be the guy who commits to something we don't have authority to commit to. That said, it's very laid back.

Practical Steve said it best in this post 8 days ago:

Come find me in the parking lot and we can chat about it over a cold beverage.
Far from it my man, but many of the organizers are posting in this thread and like they said, it's the fairgrounds rules, not theirs. If everyone is respectful and discrete and keeps theirselves in line there should be no problem. I think it's good to know the rules going in and tell those that don't so you can prevent people from being obvious about it, or jeopardizing the show.

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from Pincat:

Thanks for the replies guys. It's why I asked - I didn't want to rub any feathers the wrong way at my first PAGG, and I understand there are fairgrounds rules and kids/families there. It's OK, I'll just bring a flask filled with the blood of Gorgar.

only if you share!

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Not having much luck securing transportation, so far. Anybody know of any good discount codes for Enterprise Truck rentals? They have one of those small Ford Transit sized vans for about $35/day, which ain't bad at all, really, but I certainly don't mind getting something similar for cheaper, considering it'll be a five day rental.

you can get an open uhaul trailer for $15 / day if you have something to pull it with. As long as it doesn't rain you'll be fine. As an added bonus you can haul them on the legs

#1045 7 years ago

11 Loaded 13+ to go See you in a few hours
2016-05-11_20.11.06_(resized).jpg2016-05-11_20.11.06_(resized).jpg

#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Cheddar- wow bro, that is so awesome of you to bring so many games! There has to be an award for that?

Not even close to the biggest bringer. And this will be 5 peoples pins

#1073 7 years ago

Teaser, don't you wish your pinball show was hot like Pin-a-Go-Go

IMAG1610_(resized).jpgIMAG1610_(resized).jpg

#1147 7 years ago

FYI for Dredd owners, BAA brought 2 JD toppers. These are the non shiny gold toppers

IMAG1610_(resized).jpgIMAG1610_(resized).jpg

#1197 7 years ago

What a great Pin-a-Go-Go. Time to get caught up on pinside.

I wonder if we can see changes in pinside traffic during the shows?

#1251 7 years ago

I've upvoted my own posts before, but never a pic of myself. Is there an achievement for that?

#1253 7 years ago

Ha! You could have kept your anonymity, but with a photo that awesome why should you!?

It's my hot body! I do what I want!

#1287 7 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Can I get the leveling crew here at my place before league tomorrow? Thanks!

Did you see the pry bar trick?

#1295 7 years ago

Yeah the short part of the bar goes between the leg and the leveler. Pull the handle back a little (leverage at work) and the leveler comes off the floor and you can adjust it.

Save those backs!

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Thx!
Looks like a delicate plan is required being my anniv falls around it next year!
Oh well! 350 plus days to figure that one out!

My anniversary is the 15the and this is the second time in 2 years we've spent it at pagg.

Loren spent his honeymoon there.

#1315 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Wait a second, 51 weeks from right now the drawing for a pinball is being held. I did not get that whirlwind. Where do I buy tickets? Chedder, Art, anybody?

Send me 100 and I will invest it carefully. If you make money you can take the proceeds-20% and buy more tickets!

3 months later
#1344 7 years ago

Here's a picPART_1472051210095_IMG_1909 (resized).jpgPART_1472051210095_IMG_1909 (resized).jpg

#1349 7 years ago

Does look like there is some weird double exposure in that pic though, the guy standing next to Brad is in there twice somehow

Double dose of sexy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 125.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.