Topic Stats

• 1,351 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by jonnyo
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 178 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PART_1472051210095_IMG_1909 (resized).jpg
Pinsiders_(resized).jpg
26919474140_f09b2ab9e6_z_(resized).jpg
DSCN0242_(resized).JPG
DSCN0210_(resized).JPG
DSCN0233_(resized).JPG
DSCN0217_(resized).JPG
DSCN0231_(resized).JPG
DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

Just the day? I usually take Thursday, Friday & Monday off every year.

Steve

Quoted from genex:

Done! And took the day off from work already

#17 4 years ago

Still interested in that Star Race, I might be able to arrange pick up.

Steve

Quoted from pin-pimp:

Was a long drive but we had a great time. Coming back next year for sure

1 month later
#40 4 years ago

Geez! Time is slipping by. I gotta stop getting hurt and start working on my games instead. Right now, I'm trying to heal up from a couple of broken ribs from my fishing trip last week.

Steve

#43 4 years ago

Actually, I was up in Idaho trout fishing in unfamiliar territory, beautiful country up there. The landscape is volcanic and because of that, water seeps out of every hole in the cliffs. It truly is a wonderful thing to see in person. I even checked out the Snake River where Evel Knievel tried to jump it. Fishing was a little hard for me since I didn't know what worked there, I only caught and released a few. Not like in California where I can always get into fish. I'm down but not out, I'll be back to try again once I heal up.

Steve

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Damn! You fishing for Marlin?
Also, get well soon!

#45 4 years ago

Works for me since PAGG is in May. There are too many things I'd like to get done this year. I don't need any more setbacks. I'd like to clear out a bunch of pinball projects and my AC Cobra is still calling me too. I don't like getting hurt this early in my summer but I guess it could have been much worse. There could have been a bear chasing me at the time.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

Ok, new rule. No out of state trout fishing 30 days before pagg.

#47 4 years ago

Sorry, I have no clue who lives where when I have fishing on the brain. 1000 springs area is amazing. You live in a beautiful state, I look forward to trying again when I heal up. I'll try to remember to post something about it before I go for it again.

Steve

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

You were in the PNW and didn't tell me? How dare you!

4 weeks later
#64 4 years ago

LOL. Yep, I'll be more careful too. I'm already looking through my games to decide what to get ready for 2016. I still have to finish my Bounty Hunter and I'd like to go through my James Bond to see how it plays. Also I have to go through 2 Punk's. Hm, I wonder how many Punk's I can dig up by then. I also need to find time to get the 65 AC Cobra running.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

Remember, no out out state fishing or traveling to tropical islands 30 days prior to pin a go go.

3 weeks later
1 week later
#91 4 years ago

Thanks, I'm finding that it's getting tougher to come up with something each year.

Steve

Finally had time to check the LED Legs out, really great stuff!!!

1 month later
#115 3 years ago

Um, I think 7's our limit. I doubt you'll ever get to see that many together again for a Spirit reunion.

Steve

Quoted from pinboy:

lets hope they bring more gottlieb spirits in

2 weeks later
#146 3 years ago

I always take off Thursday, Friday and Monday.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

if you need a co pilot let me know. I am planning to take a few days off for pagg this year.

2 months later
#211 3 years ago

Yep, coming soon to a Pin-A-Go-Go thread near you. Now I have to dig through the shirts to see what sizes are left.

Steve

#213 3 years ago

Ya gotta earn it and we haven't laid out the contest rules yet.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

I wear a med. or large. thank you.

2 weeks later
#225 3 years ago

Been "under the weather" these last few days but I did get a chance to see what was left over from my screened Spirit shirts for our upcoming PAGG "super fun" contest (look for it soon in this thread). I have (2) medium, (1) large and (3) X-Large left to chose a shirt from. Anytime you want to get this contest going Steve, I'll back you up as best I can.

Steve

back
Spirit_shirt_back_(resized).jpg
front
Spirit_shirt_front_(resized).jpg

#230 3 years ago

I think that if the art is of your own design, it should be signed by the artist in a small corner of the art and printed that way if possible. Also, any art posted in this thread can be used by anyone so be sure it's in good taste. I look forward to seeing what pops up here.

Steve

#233 3 years ago

That's cool, so guys and gals, two shirts are up for grabs if this is the case.

Steve

1 week later
#293 3 years ago

I have a few pinballs and a couple of vids that I plan to sell eventually, I'd like to thin the herd by 10 to start with and see how it feels. I'm not interested in listing the games here and dealing with internet tire kickers. If you're local to me, PM to get my cell number if you want to come by on a weekend and look at them, maybe we can make a deal once you see what I have available. Some are nice projects that have been here for a very long time. I'm not interested in giving them away but if you catch me in a good mood, I might sell for what I have into them just to free up some space.

Steve

#296 3 years ago

That reminds me of something, where are those contest entries at?

Steve
Got shirts.

Quoted from mrgone:

that's the spirit!

#324 3 years ago

I can relate, I don't want to talk to your laptop either.

Steve

1 week later
#345 3 years ago

Well, come on by, PM me when you're free and we'll work something out. I've been taking pics of the whole process and been sending updates to Todd about every other week. Everything is swapped over to the NOS playfield on the underside now, I'm moving on to the board upgrades. I had to repaint the head and modify it to the later System 80A type of head, just couldn't stand looking at the blue color on the head he had to use (from a Pink Panther) when it should be orange. Also, I had to locate a lot of missing parts to make the game correct again. By locate, I mean find in all my boxes.

Steve

Quoted from dsuperbee:

I just wanna come by and see how the PUNK'D! Punk is comin along!

#350 3 years ago

Hey!!!!! What ever happened to the contest? Wasn't there any interest? I was hoping to see more artwork before a decision is made on who gets the Spirit shirts.

Steve

#351 3 years ago

It's coming along nicely, I guess I could compile all the pics together and make a Punk thread.

Steve

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Sweet. I will talk with the GF and make sure Atticus wants to come. Excited to see the end! I remember when the game arrived and the whole giant mess behind it.
I am sure you have done some kick ass work to it!

3 weeks later
#417 3 years ago

I guess I'll have to try to design something and see if I can win the Spirit shirts.

Steve

2 weeks later
#513 3 years ago

I can tell, you're here and posting.

Steve

Oh don't I know it, so far she's a good little sleeper

#515 3 years ago

No, but you can call me Mr. blownfuse now.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

may i call you professor steve?

2 weeks later
#601 3 years ago

I've parked on the back side of the building and slept in my van.

Steve

Quoted from fireball2:

Ok baby, I think I'm ready for my first PAGG. I want to bring a couple games too. But...
I plan on unloading my two games (tentatively Speakeasy and EM Night Rider, mebbe a Buccaneer for tradebait) and then camping in my empty van with the fold out bed and such. But since you can't make reservations for the camping, I am a bit worried that I might get there Friday morning and not find any spots available. I saw someone above say that the camping usually doesn't sell out. With a 4 -5 hour drive, I wouldn't want to be juked.
Also, I would hafta load up the games by about 3:30 latest, to get home in time for other commitments. Would that be ok?

#652 3 years ago

I'm running a little behind this year, either that, or I'm ahead for 2017. I still haven't made up my mind on what I'm bringing.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

20 days until pin a go go! see you there.

#655 3 years ago

I don't have enough time to go through Bounty Hunter, Force II, Pink Panther and do them the justice they deserve. What about Punk, Striker, Counterforce, Mars, God of war and Time Line? Every year, it gets harder to come up with ideas that outdo the previous show. Sometimes I hit my mark, other times, I shoot off my toes.

Steve

Quoted from pinballholder:

Hmm, let me see if I can help lol. I know I would love to play your Counterforce, Force II, Bounty Hunter, and Pink Panther. And of course Punk!

#679 3 years ago

Aack! I just started cleaning out my van, it's a disaster and full of crap. I still have some unfinished projects that have to get done before the show too. Working on Todd's Punk took up a lot of my time and made the show sneak up on me. My NOS playfield swap of my Punk will have to wait for now. I also have my cousin coming in on the 7th for a week long visit. If I make it to the show with what I want to do, I may be cleaning my games at the show. It'll be tight but I'm determined to get it done.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

17 and a wake up. see you there.

#765 3 years ago

Okay, Punk and Counterforce are a go for PAGG for sure. Counterforce had a dumb sound board related logic glitch but I found the little sucker last night. The sound board had stopped working the last time I brought it to PAGG a few years ago and I forgot about it, I wasn't happy to see it was still there. I guess I forgot to pay the pinball gnomes under the house to fix it for me so they went on strike and never came back. I'm going to add a phone jack to it this weekend and then break it down. On to the blue cabinet sample Time Line next, I'm hoping it'll be easy. The black cabinet sample Mars, God of War and Striker just need a good cleaning so they'll be there too.

I should have a fairly nice black cabinet production Time Line coming up for sale after PAGG. Unfortunately, it won't be ready in time for the show. Please send me a PM if you're interested in the game.

Steve

#767 3 years ago

LOL, I hate to tell you, most of my games are hard to find now, especially the System 80's now that people are aware of them. Yep, I hope you'll like it.

Steve

Nice!!! Glad it's coming together for you buddy! I'm probably going to fall in love with Counterforce after playing yours and find out it's just as rare and hard to find as Spirit.

#822 3 years ago

My Time Line is complete and working fine (I hope), it's also been converted to 7 digit with free play. Thanks for the offer Rob, it's all my friends that make this work worth while. If you're interested in selling the complete System 80 board set, I can always use it later. PM a price if you'd like to sell and we can make the swap at the show. If not, just come up, have fun playing the Time Line and try to put a new high score to date on it.

Steve

Quoted from gaspumprob:

Steve If you need any time line boards I believe that I have a complete extra set in storage. If it makes it easier I can bring whatever you need just let me know. I would love to see you bring that game!
Rob

TL_D_(resized).JPG

#875 3 years ago

Paging Seth. He might have spares, all I have are generic era parts for Bally now.

Steve

Anyone have any sling plastics for a Bally Bow & Arrow?

#877 3 years ago

LOL, small world, he got all my game specific parts a while back.

Steve

Ha! I'm buying his bow & arrow! My buddy at work wants it. Saw a pic and fell in love.

#916 3 years ago

Cleaning out my van tonight, I still have a bunch of loose ends to take care of too. It'll be close but I think I'll make it work for a Thursday afternoon delivery to the show.

Steve

#989 3 years ago

PSA. A bit of advice to take or leave, if you plan to move your games with the legs on while in a trailer, strap them in place real good and also strap around the main cabinet too. Trailers tend to bounce up and down a lot. I've seen far too many pinball cabinets have the bottoms blown out of them from a jarred loose transformer, this especially goes for EM's since they are older and the glue isn't holding the cabinets together as good as it once did.

Steve

#999 3 years ago

Mike, You make me sick! Seriously though, I wish I was that far ahead of the game. It's going to come down to me falling over the finish line again this year and into the gutter for the local street sweeper to pick up (I need to have a shirt made that only says "Aack!" on it ). I have to unload all my tools from the van and load up Thursday morning. I'm hoping to be there unloading by late Thursday, set up after that. Then, I go home to collapse and dream that my games hold up through the whole show. I won't relax again until MrGone starts his 2017 PAGG count down.

Steve

Quoted from papazit1963:

All loaded up and ready to go! Btw -- my trailer is in a secret location guarded by dogs and Glocks...

#1035 3 years ago

Progress!!! I have removed of all my construction tools from the van, 3 (Counterforce, Time Line & Striker) of the 5 main cabinets are inside with the last 2 games (MGoW & Punk) waiting to get broke down and loaded. I'll be doing that tomorrow morning and then I'm off to the show to set up, hopefully around noon or a little later. I look forward to seeing everyone again this year, hunt me down and say hi.

Steve

#1060 3 years ago

Finally loaded up but need to take care of some small details before I can leave for PAGG. Hey, what do you know, 5 System 80 games do fit in a van.

Steve

WP_005663_(resized).jpg

#1123 3 years ago

IIRC, it has a start time of 10am. A lot of the deals happen earlier.

Steve

#1220 3 years ago

LOL, I think I'll file this under things you don't say when working in a retirement center.

Steve

Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

There is something about old wide bodies that just clicks with me.

#1244 3 years ago

LOL, I kinda knew that would happen, I've been saying for years that Counterforce is a sleeper/underrated game. I'm happy that people are starting to see what I see in these games.

Great now we all want one. 10k by Christmas

I finally finished unpacking my van from the show, I'm beat. Thanks to everyone that made it to the show, pinball is great but the people make it better. I have fun every year and it's all because of everyone here. Thanks to the PAGG staff and techs (I'm sure the Boys & Girls Club will be thankful too). Congratulations to the winners in the pinball tourney, silent auction and ticket drawings. Thanks to all my friends (far too many to mention here) for the great weekend experience, I didn't want it to end. Special thanks to practicalsteve and mrgone for keeping me grounded. After I finish a few projects and get through my fishing season, it'll be time to start planning for next year.

Steve

#1321 3 years ago

Nope, that's your Punk, mine was the beat up one with the orange/green LED's installed in the legs.

Steve

Quoted from pinpoor:

That is one creepy guy next to our PUNK! Or should we say, Steve Charland's Punk, as he totally restored it. No one could do what he did. It would have never happened without the the "Systems 80's Guru"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Renaissance, FLORIDA
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blownfuse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside