DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Flickr Flashback to 2015 Pin A Go Go...so long ago...
https://www.flickr.com/groups/pagg2015/

That was fun clicking through all of those again!

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I heard Pros ship end of April/early May. Some folks should have their Pros in time. Friends of those folks should apply some pressure.

Met was announced the second week of April, 2013, and there was a Met Pro at PAGG that year. Should be in the hands of pro buyers by then. It would just be a matter of someone willing to bring one.

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Staying in the same hotel as the event is nice, though....

Quoted from papazit1963:

Nice to stay at the same hotel that the show is in.

But staying in a trailer or RV on the grounds is AWESOME! It's like Pinball Camp!

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Hopefully I'll be doing that this year too! Can these be reserved Mark? Or are they all first come, first serve?
\
Mike

First Come, First Serve. What day do you plan to arrive?

#445 8 years ago

You'll be fine getting a spot on Thursday. If you arrive after the fair office closes, you'll need to go in to pay on Friday morning.

#454 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

We are t- 50 days and counting.
Yehaw!

Welcome back Spencer! We've missed you at league! Glad to see you're doing better!

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

When's Sparkys bbq this year? I'll bring some 805 beer

It's always on Saturday. I can't remember if it starts at noon or 1:00 (we changed the time one year). Whatever it was last year. I'll have to check.

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

We really need to have a Fresno area get together somewhere, somehow, sometime... We need to figure this out!

Count me in for any Fresno area gatherings. I'm just under an hour to the Herndon exit. I could also carpool with papazit and/or jimjim on the way.

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

When we get closer to PAGG, are you gonna have a sign up list for what people need to bring/are bringing to your BBQ?

I will post an announcement in this thread as it gets closer. Probably toward the end of April.

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

42. yes, it was great to see you too. I did not even play any pins. it is just great to see you guys. another month or 2 I will be back to 100% see you in 42 days.

It was a GREAT surprise to see you show up to league playoffs yesterday! I'm so glad you stopped by! Made me forget about getting my butt kicked in the first round (again!)

2 weeks later
#642 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH!!!!!!!!
alright pinheads! you wanted it, you got it. Ghost busters, Game of thrones, Hobbit, Full Throttle will all be at pin a go go.
as well as P3, Americas Most Haunted, and Archer. and many wonderful classic games from the 30's until present day.
See you there.

Our little show is growing up! *sniff* So proud!

#695 7 years ago

Ok...I checked my email history from last year, and I sent out the bbq announcement on April 27th, so I guess it's not too early

**Please read this entire announcement, as there is very important information throughout** ; )

SPG's 9th Annual PAGG BBQ is taking place Saturday, May 14th at 12:00pm (notice we are back to the regular noon-time start). We would really like to see as many people attend between 12:00 and 1:00 because the main purpose of this bbq is to meet, greet, and mingle with all our pinball brethren! We understand a lot of you have volunteer commitments, so dropping by all afternoon is welcomed, but 12 - 1pm is ideal.

If you plan on playing in the tournament on Saturday, Tom Collins, this year's tournament director, has said if you sign up for the first two tee-off times (10:30 and 10:45), you will miss the 12 - 1 bbq times, as you will still be playing. He suggested you sign up for any of the afternoon tee-off times if you want to attend the bbq.

In the past I've sent out Evites to keep track of the number of attendees, but we've grown too big for that, sooooooooo I will plan for a lot of brats, hot dogs, rolls, and buns.

If you plan on attending, please consider contributing to the pot luck. The following items are suggestions for food items. You don't need to respond if you are bringing something from the list below. We will cross our fingers that there will be enough food! We run out of side dishes VERY FAST, so please, please, please consider bringing a food item, even if it means picking something up in the deli department of the grocery store.

- Potato, macaroni, pasta, green, coleslaw, carrot raisin, fruit, bean, and any other salads you can think of.
- Chili, casseroles, wings, deviled eggs, half ears of corn, vegetable trays, dips, taquitos, egg rolls, aram sandwiches, sweet potato fries, stuffed jalapenos, etc.
- Desserts

- If you bring something that needs to stay cold, please bring an ice chest.
- If you bring something that needs a serving utensil, please provide it.
- If you bring something that you want back, please put your name on it.

We all love chips, but if you bring a bag or two, please consider one of the above food items, as well.

It's great to have water, soda, and beer, too, but please consider one of the above food items, as well.

Looking forward to another great year at PAGG!

Mark (Sparky)

#706 7 years ago

bbq_15_a_(resized).jpgbbq_15_a_(resized).jpg

bbq_15_d_(resized).jpgbbq_15_d_(resized).jpg

bbq_15_c_(resized).jpgbbq_15_c_(resized).jpg

bbq1_(resized).JPGbbq1_(resized).JPG

bbq2_(resized).JPGbbq2_(resized).JPG

bbq3_(resized).JPGbbq3_(resized).JPG

PAGG_BBQ_(resized).jpgPAGG_BBQ_(resized).jpg

#727 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

I do indeed. That boi can drum baby. He rents space at our rehearsal/recording/pinball/ping pong palace.

Do you play at Lincoln Deli? I was there a few weeks ago and had no idea there was pinball in this place! It was a nice surprise. The pic below is a little blurry because I didn't want the guys to think I was creeping on them. There were about 7 or 8 guys playing while I was there, and it seemed like they were "in the hobby" based on the lingo they were using.

Line up was SS, I500, ToM, GI, and FT.

SLO_Pinball_(resized).jpgSLO_Pinball_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1056 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

What time does the swap meet start? I hope its done by 10 so I can do a tournament.

Just a reminder to those interested in coming to the bbq at noon. You might not be finished with the tournament if you choose morning Tee-times. Afternoon Tee-times might be better for bbq attendees.

A friendly reminder that the purpose of the bbq is to meet and mingle. Some guys in the past have grabbed their food and headed back to the tournament area with their plates. If you plan to attend the bbq, please be respectful enough to hang out. I understand if you are running a vendor table or volunteering. That's fine.

Thanks!

#1211 7 years ago

Nobody liked the MET pro with the hip/hop dance mix?

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

So that was coming from the MET? I was playing it and we (2 guys playing to the right of me and myself) came to the conclusion that it just must me a stereo behind us as there is no way those were MET songs LOL.

These were the choices when you started the game. You scroll through with your flipper buttons before plunging.

My Humps
Humpty Dance
It Takes Two
Gonna Make You Sweat
Good Vibrations
Insane in the Brain
Sabotage
Gettin' Jiggy With It
Rapper's Delight
White Lines
The Train (Come On an' Ride It)
Bangarang
Push It
It's Tricky
Wiggle It (Just a Little Bit)
Get Ready for This
Freaks Come Out at Night
Whoomp! There It Is!
Jump Around

#1234 7 years ago

It was considered. It didn't make the cut, for whatever reason.

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

how many people still have not unpacked their games? count me as 1 of them.

Mine aren't even home yet! Big thanks to jabbles for taking and housing my games!

#1291 7 years ago

Who was on the leveling crew? Let's give them some credit by name!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY
$ 125.00
$ 3.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.