DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.
#401 8 years ago

The T minus 67 days bump....

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Thanks but I just want a nice brand new sheet of flawless tempered glass. The one I'm replacing has a lot of scratches in it.
I'll check out Bay Area for sure

Just go to your local glass shop. That's how I get all my glass now. $35 each. Give them the deminsions and order tempered without the logo.

Mike

#403 8 years ago

Ok everyone.

Mr.Gone, AKA Spencer, AKA the ambassador of pinball has fallen on tough times health wise. You may have noticed that he has not been keeping us updated with the countdown to PAGG. The poor guy has double pneumonia and septsis and is expected to recover but in ICU for at least another week.

If you have ever met Spencer you know what a great guy he is and that there is possibly no one more passionate about PAGG or possibly pinball than him.

Lets flood this thread with well wishes for when he gets to come back on.

If you would like, I have an address where you can send actual get well cards, PM me for it.

GET WELL SOON SPENCER!!

#404 8 years ago

Here he is just a couple weeks back picking up Surf Champ from me, while my son supervises.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#405 8 years ago

Get well soon! That Rollergames isn't gonna play itself.

#406 8 years ago

Mr. gone
get well soon
keep on flipping

#407 8 years ago

GET WELL SOON MR. GONE (Spencer)! See you at PAGG!

#408 8 years ago

Mr. Gone, while you may be living up to your screen name, we need you back here as it's only 67 days until PAGG!

#409 8 years ago

Dang....I was wondering why he wasn't posting as much.

So sad that Spencer is ill but happy that he's on the road to recovery. One of the nicest guys in the hobby.

Get better, Spencer. Can't wait to play a few games with you and Steve at PAGG!

#410 8 years ago

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! Get well soon Spencer!

#411 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Just go to your local glass shop. That's how I get all my glass now. $35 each. Give them the deminsions and order tempered without the logo.
Mike

I may have to drive down there to get glass! It sure isn't that cheap here in Sac!

#412 8 years ago

Mr Gone, we need you here with us,sir!! Get well soon,Spencer,all of us up here in the Redding area!

#413 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I may have to drive down there to get glass! It sure isn't that cheap here in Sac!

I use San Joaquin Glass here in Merced. Ask for Larry, he'll hook you up.

Mike

#414 8 years ago

Get well soon Spencer!

#416 8 years ago

Mr Gone still on the mend, 61 days until PAGG!

Also- does anyone still want to enter Blownfuse and mines contest for the pinball pig card??? I am giving yo until the end of March!

#417 8 years ago

I guess I'll have to try to design something and see if I can win the Spirit shirts.

Steve

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I guess I'll have to try to design something and see if I can win the Spirit shirts.
Steve

Sorry. The contest is only open to legal residents of the united states of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of PracticalBlownfuseco and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.

#419 8 years ago

What are the odds of Ghost Busters at PAGG this year?

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Not likely, hopefully Marco will have it @ CAX...

#421 8 years ago

Flickr Flashback to 2015 Pin A Go Go...so long ago...

https://www.flickr.com/groups/pagg2015/

#422 8 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Flickr Flashback to 2015 Pin A Go Go...so long ago...
https://www.flickr.com/groups/pagg2015/

That was fun clicking through all of those again!

#423 8 years ago

Mr Gone, we miss you and need you back. Get well soon!

#424 8 years ago

Has anybody confirmed that BAA will be there? They usually have a great price on PF glass.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Has anybody confirmed that BAA will be there?

Yes, they are in! In terms of what Rick is bringing, not certain if glass is on the list.

#426 8 years ago

Thanks. Usually I buy them from him advance, requesting delivery at the show.

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I heard Pros ship end of April/early May. Some folks should have their Pros in time. Friends of those folks should apply some pressure.

#428 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I heard Pros ship end of April/early May. Some folks should have their Pros in time. Friends of those folks should apply some pressure.

Met was announced the second week of April, 2013, and there was a Met Pro at PAGG that year. Should be in the hands of pro buyers by then. It would just be a matter of someone willing to bring one.

#429 8 years ago

Ghostbusters, America's Most Haunted & possibly a Hobbit at PAGG this year? That would be incredible.

#430 8 years ago

Spencer update as quoted from his better half

He's doing great. He's in physical rehabilitation. He's working hard to get home at the end of the week (we'll see what the doctors say).

#431 8 years ago

Don't forget to book your rooms. Best I found was Country Inn & Suites for $75/night. Breakfast included. 4 rooms left. Hurry!

#432 8 years ago

Ok boys - my ignited pin obsession will finally lead me to my first PAGG and possibly CAX this year!
Give us newbies the 101 being Illl
make Saturday at least.

For example, Do I need to hit the REI and get camelpaks ready for "hydration" and snacks for stamina or what?
Do you recommend tix ahead and where should I buy?
Finally, what's the major diff between this particular event and CAX?

any input would be awesome - looking fwd to it!

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok boys - my ignited pin obsession will finally lead me to my first PAGG and possibly CAX this year!
make Saturday at least.
For example, Do I need to hit the REI and get camelpaks ready for "hydration" and snacks for stamina or what?

You can buy tickets at the door, the lines move pretty good and most time there are no lines.
You can get snacks and drinks on site. Water fountains are available too.
PaGG is all pinball and has more of a good time with your buddies feel!

Do your wrist training, you don't want to punk out after 3 hours and have to watch everyone else play!

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

make Saturday at least.

PAGG and CAX are both great, very different shows. PAGG is more small-town feeling. Only pins as Cheddar said. Great people and tons of pinball fun!

CAX is more of a mixed show--Pins and Vids. Larger overall, but to me not as friendly as PAGG. Nice to stay at the same hotel that the show is in. Sometimes I think they should have a deodorant booth with free samples at CAX. Both shows are fun though!

Mike

#435 8 years ago

I like tha PAGG is less of a mosh pit than CAX

But both shows are fun

#436 8 years ago

For the first time in a long time, I'm skipping CAX and just doing PAGG this year. My last couple of trips to CAX were less than enjoyable.

Staying in the same hotel as the event is nice, though....

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Staying in the same hotel as the event is nice, though....

Quoted from papazit1963:

Nice to stay at the same hotel that the show is in.

But staying in a trailer or RV on the grounds is AWESOME! It's like Pinball Camp!

#438 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

make Saturday at least.

If I could only choose one event it would be PAGG hands down. Get there early and stay late. When it opens on Friday and opening on Sunday are some of the less busy times along with late Friday and Saturday before close. You don't need to buy tickets ahead.

There is a snack bar of sorts with like burgers and hot dogs, plenty of food within a short drive as well.

If I may make one suggestion, make an effort to meet others. The first year I went I didn't really meet anyone and had a fun time. The next I knew people and made an effort to meet other pinsiders and locals and had way more fun. Print out an id badge on your profile page. When it gets closer Mr Gone will throw out times for a meet up and group photo. For me PAGG is just as much a chance to hang out and catch up with folks as it is about playing pins.

#439 8 years ago

I am looking for a Stern Flight 2000 manual:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/32550

It would be great to purchase / trade at PAGG!

#440 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

But staying in a trailer or RV on the grounds is AWESOME! It's like Pinball Camp!

Hopefully I'll be doing that this year too! Can these be reserved Mark? Or are they all first come, first serve?
\
Mike

#441 8 years ago

I have a WWE LE if anyone is interested that I could deliver to PAGG.

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I have a WWE LE if anyone is interested that I could deliver to PAGG.

Not for me, but curious how much the new code helped.

#443 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Hopefully I'll be doing that this year too! Can these be reserved Mark? Or are they all first come, first serve?
\
Mike

First Come, First Serve. What day do you plan to arrive?

#444 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

First Come, First Serve. What day do you plan to arrive?

Going to bring games this year, so Thursday through Sunday.

#445 8 years ago

You'll be fine getting a spot on Thursday. If you arrive after the fair office closes, you'll need to go in to pay on Friday morning.

#446 8 years ago

Did the hotwire.com thing and got the Country Inn and Suites for $57/night!

In the past I've stayed at the Best Western Plus, but I like saving the costs for the weekend pass and a lot of food for the weekend with just staying at a slightly different hotel. Anybody ever stayed there? Thoughts/reviews?

I'm staying two nights this year, because God-willing and the river don't rise, I'm bringing BOTH my games. I say it that way because my TZ is upstairs(not looking forward to that) and I'm not sure what vehicle I'll be using yet. But, I'm signed up to bring them both, so they're coming!

#447 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Country Inn and Suites

'Free fresh & hot cookies 24 hours a day'... is what they say, until you start asking at 2am and 7am, daily..

#448 8 years ago

They said on the hotel's website and on Hotwire that the place has free breakfast. Is it any good?

The one at the Best Western Inn was fairly decent(waffles, pancakes, eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, etc.).

#449 8 years ago

Thanks guys - great info and I look forward to meeting you there. Appreciate the CAX feedback as well.

I don't live too far away but if I didn't the RV idea sounds sweet! Morning Jo, omelet w/ some bacon, stretch those arms, and head on out!!
Now that's livin'!

#450 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Not for me, but curious how much the new code helped.

Code isn't all the way there yet but it's night and day better than before. A few more updates and it will be a great game. I have my eye on something else but am not in a hurry to sell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 125.00
There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.