DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.
#1251 7 years ago

I've upvoted my own posts before, but never a pic of myself. Is there an achievement for that?

#1252 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I've upvoted my own posts before, but never a pic of myself. Is there an achievement for that?

Ha! You could have kept your anonymity, but with a photo that awesome why should you!?

#1253 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Ha! You could have kept your anonymity, but with a photo that awesome why should you!?

It's my hot body! I do what I want!

#1254 7 years ago

Man what an awesome weekend! New members of the family are all set up and leveled out ready to play!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1255 7 years ago

you got the bay watch. cool!

#1256 7 years ago

how many people still have not unpacked their games? count me as 1 of them.

#1257 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Man what an awesome weekend! New members of the family are all set up and leveled out ready to play!

Nice! That baywatch was fun. You shoot me a PM when you can't handle the Hoff anymore.

#1258 7 years ago

Well if no one else is going to post the best picture of the entire show I guess I will...

When I saw that picture being taken I put away my camera for I knew that no other picture could possibly compare with the magnificence of this image.

#1259 7 years ago

Well if no one else is going to post the best picture of the entire show I guess I will...

How did Freddy Mercury in a cowboy hat get such a nice pic by that bad ass machine

#1260 7 years ago

For a minute I was worried it was Burt Reynolds and we had a cannon ball run situation and the pin was getting swiped for an epic party somewhere.

#1261 7 years ago

Woke up dismorning to my fingers hands and arms hurting from playing so much pinball

#1262 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

County me in. I have 14 soldiers and league on thursday lol

#1263 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

you got the bay watch. cool!

Indeed! Super excited to have it home and playing! Cant thank papazit enough for everything he helped with before i took her home. The WOZ was an added bonus lol. Never in my wildest dreams did i expect it to come home with me but my cousin had other plans. Looks like he may pick up a new in box Medieval Madness Gold edition in the near future as well. I'm probably just going to end up living in the garage haha.

#1264 7 years ago

Did anyone on here purchase the Capcom Airborne? Was seriously considering buying it, but only had room for one machine, and i had already bought one. I really liked the unique layout and skill shot.

#1265 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Mine aren't even home yet! Big thanks to jabbles for taking and housing my games!

#1266 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Did anyone on here purchase the Capcom Airborne? Was seriously considering buying it, but only had room for one machine, and i had already bought one. I really liked the unique layout and skill shot.

I was wondering the same thing. Seemed like a great price for a cool game.

#1267 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

Someone traded for it, so it went home to a new owner.

#1269 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

That was my Airborne, i ended up trading it. Got myself a STTNG

#1270 7 years ago

Another year, another great PAGG. A slightly different experience this time as I brought my games this year. Is it normal to pace like a nervous papa by your games every few hours?

My TAF had some "teething" issues with the Thing Kickout solenoid switch, until I finally got it adjusted properly Saturday morning. No other mechanical issues after that. The yellow chair bulb did pop out at some point on Sunday and made it into the swamp. That was a fun fishing experience! TZ performed like a champ except at some point either during or after the tourney, the shooter rod sleeve had busted and wasn't consistently allowing a full plunge to bypass the skill shot. Kinda feel bad about that for the tournament(if it happened during it), but oh well.

Couldn't get enough Kingpin, as usual. Absolutely love that game. I think it's time to seriously sit down and discuss/plan out that game being remade. Every year, I find a new EM to love in the EM room and try to beat it over the course of the weekend. This year it was Derby Day. A ton of fun to play, but alas, I couldn't get every horse to finish.

I met WAY more Pinsiders this year than in previous years. That was a blast! Got to see some old friends, too. One of the reasons I love Pinside is to be able to hear everyone's opinions on what games are great and what makes a great game. Being able to talk about it in person is a ton of fun, too!

I can't say enough about how nice and extremely helpful everybody is at this show. I thought I had experienced it before as an attendant, but it's even more present as a game bringer. So many dollies rolling around. So many people asking to help. It's contagious, too. I helped out a few people after I was done loading and unloading.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but man, it was a great show made all the better by a bunch of great people!! Thanks again everybody!

-Mike

#1271 7 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

We were really happy to get to play the Archer prototype. Many thanks to the Elwin's for bringing the game as we missed seeing it at the Arcade Expo show. Sadly the lock mech didn't seem to be working Friday night and then on Saturday someone said they thought it was fixed so we had started playing again and a ball got trapped in the vari target. We notified the staff and tried to turn the game off, but the power switch only turned off the playfield and not the software and LCD, so that was a surprise. Hopefully they were able to get it back up. It was a great layout and I hope this game ultimately gets produced somehow.

Lost a trough opto early friday and the rocket launcher motor friday night. You could still get multiball but it was much easier since the launcher was always up. It was great watching people of all skill levels play it and see what needed tweaking (such as a new ball trap we discovered). On normal flooring if the ball gets stuck on the vari-target you can just give it a bump but the tile floor at PaGG made that ineffective so we will make a minor tweak to get that resolved. The game will make more sense once the lights are all up and running. Thanks for all the positive feedback. We look forward to bringing it again next year hopefully much more code and polish... and with a new rocket launcher motor

#1272 7 years ago

The heroes of PaGG are the attendees themselves who make up the cross-section of fun people who share their love of all things pinball. By bringing a game, by helping out and by rooting from the sidelines. I got bit by the bug here in 2002 and have never missed a show. I was immediately helped out of my newbey-state by people I met there, and I continue to learn from them today.

About the comment concerning the way people treat games, I have never seen anyone mishandle a game there. I have tipped, bumped, and "violently moved" a game there and at other shows (mostly mine) to get stuck balls to move. Did I hurt the machines? No. Fact is they are made to industrial standards and are commercial pieces of machinery. In short, they are made to take abuse. After all, the main components above a piece of plywood with art on it are made of wood and plastic and we violently force a huge ball-bearing around the area at a speed I can't even guess. Is that abuse? No, it's pinball.

I have brought games to several shows numerous times and anything that stopped working was going to stop working any where it might be, eventually. A show is a great place to work out the bugs IMHO.

At one show I shook the hand of a guy who brought 2 games in as he started to unload them. "Thanks for bringing your games, we really appreciate it." He looked at me and said, "that's what they are for, to play." I have never forgotten that. His name is Ken and he is an organizer for California Extreme. He, TJ and Mark, all organizers of another show bring games to PaGG every year to share their games with whoever comes to the show and wants to play.

I share my games because I want people to enjoy pinball and get caught up in all it has to offer, which includes being surrounded by some of the most generous people I have ever met. I am grateful to live here and be a part of this incredible group of people.

Big thanks to the community who is responsible for this really fun show. It is a reflection of it's contents.

#1273 7 years ago

What a ride! Got the games to the bar before the bar owner, so we unloaded our games right in front of the door on the sidewalk. I immediately pulled up the playfield to replace the disc in Tron - right there on the streets of Monterey.

On Sunday the disc finally tore, my guess is a couple thousand games is what that disc had seen since installed in December - I rolled the dice on if it'd last the show before installing a new disc. So after it tore, I made the decision to cut the flappy part and put it back into operation for the remaining 3 hours of the show - a dicey decision, as there was exposed adhesive, but figured folks would still get to enjoy the machine. Those 3 hours sure mucked that playfield up! The good news, it all wiped away thanks to our vigorous cleaning/waxing schedule. New disc is now in and kicks you in the nuts!

A great first night. A good turn out, and thanks to our friends at Free Gold Watch delivering our merch at PAGG, we got to hand out the shirts and hoodies to the crew.

A perfect continuation of PAGG.

#1274 7 years ago

This is my 3rd PAGG event I attended and it was the best ever. I met so many cool people playing games with random people. Shout out to Tom for organizing a fun filled pin golf tournament that was very well organized and exciting to participate in. The goals were challenging to achieve but that made it more fun to accomplish the tasks in the fewest number of balls.

I played Hobbit a 2nd time and scored 315,000 on my first ball. All of a sudden the lights went totally dead and the back glass LCD panel rebooted. I was bummed that it reset. It happened during Dragon multi-ball. In that same hour I had the opportunity to play the Hobbit a 3rd time in a four player game with Spencer and his wife. It was an absolute pleasure to play with the family and they cheered me on. I had a great first ball at 375,000 points and I felt guilty having other people wait for my turn to be over. Spencer and his wife were so cool cheering me on every step of the way! Thanks to all their support I got Grand Champion which felt like a huge accomplishment for me. If it wasn't for Spencer and his wife I wouldn't have played as well. Thanks Spencer for rooting for me even though my game took a long time to wait your turn. I was in the zone!

I am already counting the days for the next PAGG. I spent more time talking to people than playing the machines. But that is what PAGG is all about. It is a giant family who loves playing pinball and I definitely feel like I am part of the family.

I also have to say that this show had the least amount of games broken down than any other year. Shout out to all the techs who fixed the machines right away keeping them running. The owners of the machines prepared them in tip top shape for the public to enjoy. The event was super organized with very little wait at the door. I loved having the concessions stand between the two buildings to grab a bite to eat while taking a break. The only thing that was a little annoying was the cold air blowing in the smaller hall. It felt like a windstorm. Shout out to Jim for bringing his Cirqus Voltaire with the new Color DMD. It played great aside from the ROM reset issue occasionally. This is the first time I have been to the show having a Cirqus Voltaire available to be played, which is to this day my favorite pin.

I look forward to next year meeting more people and playing new and rare games on the show floor. Looking forward to CAX next. Maybe we can keep the same vibe going at CAX that we experienced at PAGG. See you soon in July!

IMG_3425_(resized).jpgIMG_3425_(resized).jpg

#1275 7 years ago

Remember people...
"Don't buy big tobacco's lies."

#1276 7 years ago
Quoted from Vexx_182:

Looking good!

#1277 7 years ago
Quoted from daley:

That sure was an interesting game wasn't it? I though it was very nice looking and the game play on it wasn't bad either.

#1278 7 years ago

Star Trek Next Generation was traded for the Capcom Airborne by my friend, FRIEDS70. He now has it as part of his collection. I can't wait to get invited to Fallon NV and play it. Looks like a really fun game. I only played one game at PAGG.

#1279 7 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

On Sunday the disc finally tore, my guess is a couple thousand games is what that disc had seen since installed in December - I rolled the dice on if it'd last the show before installing a new disc. So after it tore, I made the decision to cut the flappy part and put it back into operation for the remaining 3 hours of the show - a dicey decision, as there was exposed adhesive, but figured folks would still get to enjoy the machine.

It broke shortly after the show opened on Sunday. I should know, I was playing it when it came apart, so I turned the machine off, and let the attendant know. That is a really nice Tron, and I hope someday that they get down into my price range.

#1280 7 years ago

Bringing games is a great way to test your machines and accelerate your development in the repair department. All those little nagging items that I thought might be an issue during the show came up front and center (the funky switch under the toy on my space shuttle, the wonky post near the ramp on pinbot and, of course, that once in a while blown fuse for the pops and slings on pinbot that is now a constant thing).

That'll teach me not to have everything just right with no nagging question marks lurking in my mind. Now back to that dang fuse....

#1281 7 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

It broke shortly after the show opened on Sunday

Damn! I was teaching a Sunday School class and don't remember seeing it down til around 12:30ish. I hope you got some good games on it before or after its flapper.

Oh, that means it was a 4 hour adhesive-mucking window, which makes good sense - still can't get that dirty, route-like playfield out of my mind..

#1282 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Find yourself a Bally Cybernaut. Same game, different art.

Is Space Hawks a conversion kit game for Cybernaut??

#1283 7 years ago

Bell Games made several swap kits
For Bally games:
Space Hawks was based on Cybernaut layout

#1284 7 years ago

Big shout out to the guys that leveled all the pins. That was the best setup imo in the last 4 years. Really appreciate it!
-mof

#1285 7 years ago

That would be two bro's from Spl Jonathan and Jason R. They busted there tail all weekend and they are also two of the nicest guys you could ever meet.
Harley D.

#1286 7 years ago

Can I get the leveling crew here at my place before league tomorrow? Thanks!

#1287 7 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Can I get the leveling crew here at my place before league tomorrow? Thanks!

Did you see the pry bar trick?

#1288 7 years ago

Someone needs to start a thread for all Pinside on the crowbar trick.
-mof

#1289 7 years ago

The pry bar trick has to be used with caution. I was all for it as I was working under the machines, then I saw it in action from above. It wasn't very pretty on an older, "looser" cabinet. I went back to the "on your knees lift with your back" method, making chiropractors all across America happy.

Now, I have no idea how much pressure was being exerted on the leg with the pry bar below. I was doing "bubble watching" duty above. Using just enough light pressure to relieve the stress on the leg levelers and allow you to adjust could very well be fine. Just don't over "pry" it.

#1290 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Big shout out to the guys that leveled all the pins. That was the best setup imo in the last 4 years. Really appreciate it!
-mof

You are not kidding. When we arrived for our shift on Friday morning, those machines were lined up and leveled PERFECTLY! Normally it is a mad rush to get everything ready for 1pm but that Thursday crew did an amazing job. Best set up to date!

#1291 7 years ago

Who was on the leveling crew? Let's give them some credit by name!

#1292 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

That would be two bro's from Spl Jonathan and Jason R.

I think me and Jason leveled a row on friday morning, but like others said, most everything was leveled by then anyway, Stellar job!

I really like the crowbar trick but I don't think I would use it at home unless I was setting up an entire game room. Works fantastic for shows though.

#1293 7 years ago

Is the trick using the bar to lift a let to get to the leveler?

#1294 7 years ago

I was leveling by myself for awhile using my back as a forklift. When I saw the crowbar trick I loved it and used it for my machines when I got them back home. It worked great. I can see the wisdom of being careful using it on an older cabinet, though.

#1295 7 years ago

Yeah the short part of the bar goes between the leg and the leveler. Pull the handle back a little (leverage at work) and the leveler comes off the floor and you can adjust it.

Save those backs!

#1296 7 years ago

I got a personal demonstration of this setting up the EM room for PPM,works very well!!

#1297 7 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

"on your knees lift with your back".

Save your back - I leveled a row Friday AM using my trusty Harbor Freight Lift Table.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table

I brought one of these to help setup CAX last year and got some funny looks. I guess they didn't think it would work very well, but it worked like a champ. I really put it through the paces on the load in and the load out. 2+ days of heavy use and that little table never let me down. At PAGG I was pleasantly surprised to see probably half a dozen of these being used all over the show. I have gotten used to being sorry I bought stuff at HF but I have never regretted this purchase.

#1298 7 years ago

Matt and I from MFP leveled a fair number in the D room. We did a couple of rows, and did them with our knees. Only after leveling did we see the magic of the crowbar. We immediately purchased one before setting our games up at the bar - a huge win! His floor is absolutely F'd, but the task was made all the easier with the crowbar. I felt that you definitely have to take small strides when using the crowbar, for fear of twisting the cab, but what a difference!

#1299 7 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Save your back - I leveled a row Friday AM using my trusty Harbor Freight Lift Table.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-harbor-freight-lift-table
I brought one of these to help setup CAX last year and got some funny looks. I guess they didn't think it would work very well, but it worked like a champ. I really put it through the paces on the load in and the load out. 2+ days of heavy use and that little table never let me down. At PAGG I was pleasantly surprised to see probably half a dozen of these being used all over the show. I have gotten used to being sorry I bought stuff at HF but I have never regretted this purchase.

I've got two of those HF dollies, two different sizes actually, and they do get a lot of use. If one ever goes bad I'll buy a quality replacement hydraulic cylinder before I buy another lift. I try to use a couple flat support boards to span the cabinet width when lifting. That way the load is distributed by the flat boards and absorbed by the edges of the stronger plywood side panels, not the thin bottom panel. I've replaced several broken bottom panels in older games due to improper use of "coffin" dollies and the like.

#1300 7 years ago

Buy them boys some official licenses PAGG knee pads! Awesome job!

What weekend will 2017 show fall on?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 199.95
$ 125.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.