DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.
#1201 7 years ago

My favorite games at the show:

Favorite new to me 80's
I really thought PUNK! would take this. With a theme I love and a classic long ball lock shot in a far upper corner I thought it would be a lock. Counter force was one I kept going back to though. The art is top notch and I really like the rule set. super challenging game. So glad that Blownfuse got me into yet another rare game I can pine over and never get to own

Favorite old to me 80's
Jabbles SOF is the nicest I have ever seen. Hopefully if I chip away at him for enough years I can manage to pry it from his fingers.

Favorite new to me 90's
Baywatch may have a dumb theme, but that game is dumb fun. There are like four ramp shots, countless other ones, mini shark flipper... I had no idea what I was doing but it looks pretty deep as well. The one at the show was a really nice example too. I dont like video modes, but wailing on the flipper buttons to race down the beach is pretty hilarious.

Favorite old to me 90's
The T2 right inside the main hall was sooooooo nice. That little LED mod in the playfield is fantastic. that was one hell of a restore, nicest one I have ever seen by far.

Favorite of the newest of the new.
I walked in having never played a lot of the new big ones. GOT was meh. GB was really fun. Hobbit is gorgeous. P3 is very innovative and creative, but man, that Full Throttle was frigging amazing! That quick lap shot is lightning fast and so fun. I thought the flow was excellent, and I liked the video in the playfield, not too distracting, adds just the right amount.

Favorite new to me EM.
Really like Lawman. Fun game and was just a beautiful example.

#1202 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

You only bought five!? You lucky SOB! Glad you won it and it went to a good home.

Thanks!

#1203 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Lilltic,where did you score the topper for your Diner???PAGG was amazing this year! Sorry i missed you Mr bellman,i wanted to meet you,but,again,i'll miss you all again next year! 363daze away

Got it from Laseriffic. I think they are all sold out now.

#1204 7 years ago

Space Hawk by Bell Games. One Rare bird. Great to see and play this machine. Interesting layout. Very foreign. IMG_00004272_(resized).jpgIMG_00004272_(resized).jpgIMG_00004273_(resized).jpgIMG_00004273_(resized).jpg

#1205 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Interesting layout. Very foreign.

Find yourself a Bally Cybernaut. Same game, different art.

#1206 7 years ago
Quoted from plusone:

That was our Drac! I only play it so can't answer you questions! ? Did send you a PM with Todd's number. Did you notice the right side had 2 buttons? That is how he plays with 1 arm. Cary Carmichael owns Tron. Let him know to read this thread...

I did notice that. I was talking to Bryce (NorCal Realtor) about that and we figured that it was so that someone could play with one hand. Great idea!

#1207 7 years ago

Great show this year.

#1208 7 years ago

My favorite games at the show:

Still not Tron! I thought it was hilarious - I'm playing in the Tourney, in between balls I see Mr. Practical playing Tron, I see him mouth 'I still don't like the game', and I'm able to run up and make sure he knew I saw him - Perfect Timing!

I hope y'all enjoyed our lineup! We had a blast bringing them! As a League we brought 3 last year, and met my goal of doubling machines and had 8 this year.

We're packed up and all the games are headed to Carbone's Bar in Monterey, where we will be operating the games for our League to play in a public location. Stop by if you're in the area!

See y'all next year, if not sooner!

#1209 7 years ago

Hmmm, tough to pick my favorite games from the show, but I'll try to pick out a few I really loved.

Meteor - This played fast, fun, and that spinner really ripped when you hit it clean.
Star Gazer - Same thing here. It was in fantastic condition and was a ton of fun to play.
Ghostbusters - Just a blast to play, I can't wait for my LE to arrive.
Dirty Harry - Finally I got a chance to play a clean, fast Dirty Harry. This game is always in rough shape when I see it, and I really enjoyed it.
Viking - One of my favorite SS games at the show. I had never been able to play one, and now I want one...
Kingpin - Always a joy to see this game in person.
Ice Revue - Probably my favorite EM of the show. I'm on the hunt for this one.
Fireball - Great playing Fireball in the EM room and a real highlight.

Other games I spent good time on that I appreciated seeing: Punk!, Surf Champ, BoP 2.0, F-14, Transporter, Full Throttle, Whirlwind

#1210 7 years ago
Quoted from Pincat:

Just got here but best score at PAGG so far. 1.3 mil on Black Knight. Not bad for a scrub?

That's a great score! That was my machine and I don't think I've ever scored over 800k. Well done. I'm gonna miss Mr. Knight...

#1211 7 years ago

Nobody liked the MET pro with the hip/hop dance mix?

#1212 7 years ago

This show delivers a wonderfully laid back and friendly environment without sacrificing organization. We had a great time hanging out with everybody, meeting new people, and showing off the P3. The staff was amazingly welcoming, and the game lineup was fantastic.

Thanks to everybody who helped put on this show and to everybody who is supporting us in our efforts to get the P3 into production.

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

IMG_20160514_162818_(resized).jpgIMG_20160514_162818_(resized).jpg

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It was hilarious. Whoomp There It Is brings that fat, nasty bass.

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I knew I forgot to mention something! I thought that was hilarious! If only the sound was louder so i could really hear Push It in all its glory.

Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Still not Tron! I thought it was hilarious - I'm playing in the Tourney, in between balls I see Mr. Practical playing Tron, I see him mouth 'I still don't like the game', and I'm able to run up and make sure he knew I saw him - Perfect Timing!

that was an amazing moment of comedic timing! STILL DON"T LIKE TRON! Yours was the nicest I have ever played so if one was going to sway mew it was yours. Great meeting you dude! And kudos to the Monterey crew for bringing a killer line up.

#1215 7 years ago

Who had the baywatch for sale? I couldn't buy it at the show but I keep thinking about it, so if you dragged it home let me know.

That was my Baywatch. It did indeed sell. Sorry. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll miss it!

Mike

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I loved it! Hopefully nobody lives in the basement! "My humps, my lovely lady humps"! Lol

#1217 7 years ago

I met Steve right before the raffle. He had a fistful of tickets and hope. He did not win the machine. If only he had tried a little harder.

Good to meet you in person finally, Steve.

#1218 7 years ago

If anything, this show brought to my attention the quality of a lot of the early Bally solid state machines. I really enjoyed Flash Gordon, Globetrotters, Centaur, and especially Future Spa. There is something about old wide bodies that just clicks with me.

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

That was my Baywatch. It did indeed sell. Sorry. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll miss it!
Mike

glad it did!

Quoted from jar155:

I met Steve right before the raffle. He had a fistful of tickets and hope. He did not win the machine. If only he had tried a little harder.
Good to meet you in person finally, Steve.

I only wanted to win the whirlwind to try and trade it for the baywatch above!

It was great meeting you, I wish we could have chatted more. We will always have IG and FB though.

#1220 7 years ago

LOL, I think I'll file this under things you don't say when working in a retirement center.

Steve

Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

There is something about old wide bodies that just clicks with me.

#1221 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

So that was coming from the MET? I was playing it and we (2 guys playing to the right of me and myself) came to the conclusion that it just must me a stereo behind us as there is no way those were MET songs LOL.

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

So that was coming from the MET? I was playing it and we (2 guys playing to the right of me and myself) came to the conclusion that it just must me a stereo behind us as there is no way those were MET songs LOL.

These were the choices when you started the game. You scroll through with your flipper buttons before plunging.

My Humps
Humpty Dance
It Takes Two
Gonna Make You Sweat
Good Vibrations
Insane in the Brain
Sabotage
Gettin' Jiggy With It
Rapper's Delight
White Lines
The Train (Come On an' Ride It)
Bangarang
Push It
It's Tricky
Wiggle It (Just a Little Bit)
Get Ready for This
Freaks Come Out at Night
Whoomp! There It Is!
Jump Around

#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Great show! Met some new Pinside folks and had a chance to play some uber rare pins. Finally got to play a Hobbit LE and can't wait for ours to arrive. Thanks to the collectors who went through the hassle to bring and set up their pins. Much appreciated!
On a side note, to the ass hats that were brutally slamming games around when your balls drained; I wish you truly understood that these are personal pieces from someone's collection. There were countless times my wife or I pulled aside players to remind them they don't have to beat the games up to try and improve their score. This is our fifth PAGG, and by far the most " violent " to date. I imagine as the event continues to grow, this behavior may as well. Okay, off of soapbox. Just feel bad for the owners who brought their games for everyone to enjoy.

People kept on bringing this up. I did find many games moved around from where they started from time to time. If anyone watched someone pick up swords of fury and drop it, that was me. The ball kept getting stuck behind the upper playfield and I didn't have a magnet to get it out. Luckily, it was my game. Other then that I didn't see that much violence. I was busy keeping all my early 80s machines up.

To all that enjoyed the early sterns, ballys, and gottliebs, I'm glad to hear. They are great game and I was happy to find a bunch of quarters in my machines. An old way to tell someone at the show their game was enjoyed.

Can't wait until next year.

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

That's a great score! That was my machine and I don't think I've ever scored over 800k. Well done. I'm gonna miss Mr. Knight...

Thanks! Was kind of embarrassed I posted that but I guess it wasn't bad, still probably my best score of the show although I had some other moments.

What a great event, wish I could have come earlier each day but ended up getting tied up here and there. Still, met some awesome people and played some great pins. Favorite thing about the shows was playing all the sweet sweet EMs. Never get a chance to place those and more and more wanting to get one for myself.

Mars Trek is one that really stood out to me as one I'd like to own one day. Great game, great artwork. Love the asymmetrical layout and the scoring on this one. Had a few really good games with some friends and got me hooked. Love that it's 4 player too. Jungle Princess was another one I enjoyed, curious about the 4-player Jungle Queen.

Can't wait for next year!! I'll say closer to the venue this time, we stayed in Sacramento in a nicer hotel than what was available in Dixon but the drive to the venue was a bit long.

#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

People kept on bringing this up. I did find many games moved around from where they started from time to time. If anyone watched someone pick up swords of fury and drop it, that was me. The ball kept getting stuck behind the upper playfield and I didn't have a magnet to get it out. Luckily, it was my game. Other then that I didn't see that much violence. I was busy keeping all my early 80s machines up.
To all that enjoyed the early sterns, ballys, and gottliebs, I'm glad to hear. They are great game and I was happy to find a bunch of quarters in my machines. An old way to tell someone at the show their game was enjoyed.
Can't wait until next year.

Thank you for bringing your games, especially Swords of Fury. Had a blast playing it and I put up a pretty decent score on it.

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

They are great game and I was happy to find a bunch of quarters in my machines. An old way to tell someone at the show their game was enjoyed.

Really? I had never heard that! I really like that idea. I like the idea someone had earlier of some kind of awards for peoples favorite at a show, best restore, etc...

#1227 7 years ago

Really? I had never heard that! I really like that idea. I like the idea someone had earlier of some kind of awards for peoples favorite at a show, best restore, etc...

I recall something like that (best of show / awards etc.) at Pacific Pinball Exposition. I miss that show, having 3 shows in NorCal was cool.

#1228 7 years ago

Are there any other shows in CA this year?

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

California Extreme in July is pretty dang big. Lots of rare machines there too.

#1230 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

CAX in July

#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

This show delivers a wonderfully laid back and friendly environment without sacrificing organization. We had a great time hanging out with everybody, meeting new people, and showing off the P3. The staff was amazingly welcoming, and the game lineup was fantastic.
Thanks to everybody who helped put on this show and to everybody who is supporting us in our efforts to get the P3 into production.
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

Ha ha, that pic is me and my brother playing with a friend looking like we are doing some in depth analysis. It was great being able to play Lexy again as we've played it before at California Extreme, and we had a chance to play Cannon Lagoon earlier. I can see where Cannon Lagoon would do well with newbies or for redemption as it was simple to understand and fun to play.

We were really happy to get to play the Archer prototype. Many thanks to the Elwin's for bringing the game as we missed seeing it at the Arcade Expo show. Sadly the lock mech didn't seem to be working Friday night and then on Saturday someone said they thought it was fixed so we had started playing again and a ball got trapped in the vari target. We notified the staff and tried to turn the game off, but the power switch only turned off the playfield and not the software and LCD, so that was a surprise. Hopefully they were able to get it back up. It was a great layout and I hope this game ultimately gets produced somehow.

First time playing Ghostbusters and it was awesome. It can be a drain monster, but I saw some novice players do pretty well and my brother got Grand Champion with a little over a billion and I ended up with high score 1 around 800 million or so. We're twins so naturally have to follow in each others footsteps. On the other hand we played a few times and got our ass handed to us so your mileage may vary.

Got to play AMH for the first time. Something broke Friday night, but it was up on Saturday so we got to play. It was fun and we appreciate GeneX for bringing it for us to enjoy. While in line I got a chance to talk with Butch Peel from JJP. He is a great guy and it was a pleasure chatting with him for sure.

Also this was the first chance I had to play The Hobbit and Full Throttle. TH had the latest version of the new software and it looks great. We had a couple good games on it and my brother got high score 1 with a little over 500K. Multiballs seem to be the key, but we didn't know much about the rules at this point. I'm still on the fence about wanting one long term, but would play one on location for sure. It'll be interesting to see how the software evolves. My WOZLE just got better and better with each new software release. The game in the main hall had the left ramp problem with the ball falling off and getting stuck, but didn't see that happen to the game in the other hall. Butch mentioned they are working on a fix for that.

Full Throttle was fast and furious for sure. You better be paying attention on some of those loop shots or else. Like a lot of others the theme isn't my thing, but it was great fun to play and seeing it in person the cabinet looked better than the online pics and vids. I had mixed feelings about how it looked with the skinny backbox and wide rails, but felt better having seen it in person. I'm a big fan of the large screen in the backbox duplicating the one on the playfield. Not having that on P3 made it hard to follow the scores and ball counts for multiplayer games.

The whole show was great as usual and much appreciation to those that bring their games and run the show!

#1232 7 years ago

I tried to play Archer like four times and each time it was down! LOL!

#1233 7 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

These were the choices when you started the game. You scroll through with your flipper buttons before plunging.
My Humps
Humpty Dance
It Takes Two
Gonna Make You Sweat
Good Vibrations
Insane in the Brain
Sabotage
Gettin' Jiggy With It
Rapper's Delight
White Lines
The Train (Come On an' Ride It)
Bangarang
Push It
It's Tricky
Wiggle It (Just a Little Bit)
Get Ready for This
Freaks Come Out at Night
Whoomp! There It Is!
Jump Around

Nice selection. The glaring omission is Baby Got Back.

#1234 7 years ago

It was considered. It didn't make the cut, for whatever reason.

#1235 7 years ago

The quater story is true. Sometimes it can cause some problems if the game doesn't have coin mechs and you have metal flying through the door. So far I noticed quarters in alien star, flash gordon, silverball mania, and devils dare.

Hoping to have some more rarities from the 80s to share for next year. People really seemed to enjoy them this year.

Blownfuse, next year we need the return of spirit. I didn't get my fix and I'm itching.

#1236 7 years ago

Great show! I put up Grand Champion on Fattrain's Sopranos. In his defense, he claims he wiped the scores prior to the show. (kidding!)

I really enjoyed meeting JJ and few other Pinsiders for the first time. One of whom asked me about real estate, which I'm always happy to discuss, but I was several beers deep at the time. So, apologies for any gibberish on my end.

Sparky's BBQ was a hit, as always. Hats off to him.

And cheers to any volunteers and those who brought pins!

#1237 7 years ago

Good show - I'm with Steve, I think Punk was cool but Counterforce was my favorite. I played that more than anything, hands down.

Quoted from Pincat:

Try decide if I should take the 5 or Route 99 up to Sacramento...

Man, this topic was my big headline. I have lived in the Los Angeles area for over 20 years now and have only taken the I-5 for those countless trips up north to SF, PAGG and everything else. I will just say this.

Route 99 Rules!

More to look at, much easier on you at night. Exponentially more places to stop to eat and get gas. You also pass everything from K-mart to Home Depot in case you forgot something. I asked someone recently about the 5/99 difference and they said it was "the same". Really? I don't think it's even close. Also, hello? Many many miles of 3 LANES?! I'm in love.

#1238 7 years ago

This was my third year attending but just the first that I got involved bringing games, volunteering and meeting folks. I have to say that all of the above greatly enhance the experience. It was wonderful to put real names and faces to so many pinside avatars!

Big thanks for the professionalism, kindness and generosity of all who make this the smooth, friendly event that we all enjoy year after year.

#1239 7 years ago

Counterforce for the win. great art, sound, rules, and gameplay. a very unique design as well. vastly under rated.

#1240 7 years ago

What a fantastic show! My fourth year there and it just keeps getting better.
So how do I talk to about keeping the show running 24 hours?

Yeah it would be cool if the show could stay open super late on like Fri night or Sat night

#1241 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Counterforce for the win. great art, sound, rules, and gameplay. a very unique design as well. vastly under rated.

Same here - please bring it again next year Steve!

#1242 7 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

Blownfuse, next year we need the return of spirit. I didn't get my fix and I'm itching

Agree 100%

Quoted from mrgone:

Great now we all want one. 10k by Christmas

#1243 7 years ago

some pics from Sparky's bbq.

DSCN0217_(resized).JPGDSCN0217_(resized).JPG

DSCN0221_(resized).JPGDSCN0221_(resized).JPG

DSCN0222_(resized).JPGDSCN0222_(resized).JPG

DSCN0223_(resized).JPGDSCN0223_(resized).JPG

DSCN0225_(resized).JPGDSCN0225_(resized).JPG

DSCN0228_(resized).JPGDSCN0228_(resized).JPG

#1244 7 years ago

LOL, I kinda knew that would happen, I've been saying for years that Counterforce is a sleeper/underrated game. I'm happy that people are starting to see what I see in these games.

Great now we all want one. 10k by Christmas

I finally finished unpacking my van from the show, I'm beat. Thanks to everyone that made it to the show, pinball is great but the people make it better. I have fun every year and it's all because of everyone here. Thanks to the PAGG staff and techs (I'm sure the Boys & Girls Club will be thankful too). Congratulations to the winners in the pinball tourney, silent auction and ticket drawings. Thanks to all my friends (far too many to mention here) for the great weekend experience, I didn't want it to end. Special thanks to practicalsteve and mrgone for keeping me grounded. After I finish a few projects and get through my fishing season, it'll be time to start planning for next year.

Steve

#1245 7 years ago

Some highlights for me game wise. Finely playing America's most haunted.

playing Viking for the first time. another great early ss bally game.

playing hobbit, full throttle, ghost busters, archer, and lexi light speed.

other highlights, seeing Jersey jack grilling brats and dogs next to Sparky.

Seeing all my old friends and making new ones.

being In 2 buildings for 3 days with over 270 pinball machines!

here are a few more pics.

DSCN0183_(resized).JPGDSCN0183_(resized).JPG

DSCN0196_(resized).JPGDSCN0196_(resized).JPG

DSCN0187_(resized).JPGDSCN0187_(resized).JPG

DSCN0235_(resized).JPGDSCN0235_(resized).JPG

DSCN0249_(resized).JPGDSCN0249_(resized).JPG

DSCN0233_(resized).JPGDSCN0233_(resized).JPG

DSCN0251_(resized).JPGDSCN0251_(resized).JPG

DSCN0252_(resized).JPGDSCN0252_(resized).JPG

#1246 7 years ago

See you all next year at Pin A Go Go 2017. Pagg turns 21!

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, I kinda knew that would happen, I've been saying for years that Counterforce is a sleeper/underrated game. I'm happy that people are starting to see what I see in these games.

I finally finished unpacking my van from the show, I'm beat. Thanks to everyone that made it to the show, pinball is great but the people make it better. I have fun every year and it's all because of everyone here. Thanks to the PAGG staff and techs (I'm sure the Boys & Girls Club will be thankful too). Congratulations to the winners in the pinball tourney, silent auction and ticket drawings. Thanks to all my friends (far too many to mention here) for the great weekend experience, I didn't want it to end. Special thanks to practicalsteve and mrgone for keeping me grounded. After I finish a few projects and get through my fishing season, it'll be time to start planning for next year.
Steve

Don't want to say I told you, but....

The fights on. I'll only let counterforce slip by me if I get a spirit instead.

Thanks Charland for making the fight harder.

Guess I just get rack em up going and give up.

#1248 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

See you all next year at Pin A Go Go 2017. Pagg turns 21!

that's drinking age, so that must mean something

#1249 7 years ago

Well if no one else is going to post the best picture of the entire show I guess I will...

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from genex:

that's drinking age, so that must mean something

Oh, no....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 125.00
$ 69.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus
Electronics
$ 3.00
Hardware
20eyes
Hardware
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Other
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 199.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.