DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

OK looks like my AMH will be here before PAGG (not here in time for CAX - missing it by a day - doh!) so I will see if I can bring it - I know there are at least three in the bay area - would be cool to have a few there? And Lebowskis?

I cant wait to see and play Lebowski. I probably shouldnt though. I'd likely end up wanting one and breaking the bank.

1 week later
#53 8 years ago

300 days until pagg 2016.

2 weeks later
#55 8 years ago

285 days and counting.

#56 8 years ago

Bump.
Because its pagg man.

#57 8 years ago

279 days until the magic. its going to be beyond epic

#58 8 years ago

I think this next year, I'm going to make it a three-dayer. Saturday's fine, but Sunday seems to whiz by too fast!

#59 8 years ago

I'm considering doing a Pinball Machine giveaway at next year's PAGG. Who do I talk to about that?

#60 8 years ago

I am really excited for this even though it's still so far out!

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm considering doing a Pinball Machine giveaway at next year's PAGG. Who do I talk to about that?

Sending ya a PM

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I am really excited for this even though it's still so far out!

Remember, no out out state fishing or traveling to tropical islands 30 days prior to pin a go go.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Remember, no out out state fishing or traveling to tropical islands 30 days prior to pin a go go.

I told my wife there is a two week prior blackout/no travel period before PAGG next year, my son is not going to get sick before it again!

#64 8 years ago

LOL. Yep, I'll be more careful too. I'm already looking through my games to decide what to get ready for 2016. I still have to finish my Bounty Hunter and I'd like to go through my James Bond to see how it plays. Also I have to go through 2 Punk's. Hm, I wonder how many Punk's I can dig up by then. I also need to find time to get the 65 AC Cobra running.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

1 week later
#66 8 years ago

269 days to go.

#67 8 years ago

I loved going on Friday night to PAGG, especially when they turn down the lights! Saturday was fun too but I was wishing the swap meet was more man cave stuff. I will need to get some items together. My ex GF said I should be an interior decorator for Frat houses.......no mystery why she is gone.

1 week later
#68 8 years ago

258 days and counting.

When does the game list start?

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

258 days and counting.
When does the game list start?

Too soon. Who knows what games ill have by the time of the show?

#70 8 years ago

Wishlist time! I would love to see a Barracora at next year's PaGG!

#71 8 years ago

TX sector please! and Punk! (looking at you Blownfuse for the latter )

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

There was one this year right? I swore I played it.

#73 8 years ago

You,know,fellas,i also seem to remember a Barracora at PAGG,myself!! I also was wunderin about,was Friday afternoon,when they opened to the public,i was fifth in line.and,when i got in, the place was packed!!! Who were all those folks??Why were they all there so early??The folks who brought games had been there since wed.and had plenty of time to play ,before the paying public,anybody???

#74 8 years ago

Maybe half to two thirds of the games come in before Friday. There are a couple of large collectors who bring in trucks and then some local groups bring in a bunch. The rest come in Friday morning. But the Friday morning games come in in smaller amounts so more people.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If I had to make a suggestion, why don't they consider doing a NIB Stern Pro raffle on Saturday? With the amount of people there, I think it would be easy to sell 100 tickets at $50 to cover the costs. Or maybe raffle off a NIB Premium like SMVE & sell 200 tickets at $50 a pop & give the rest to charity? I think there's a real opportunity here to raise some money & do an awesome giveaway.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

TX Sector
Truck Stop
AMH
Full Throttle
Spiderman
Flash Gordon

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Counterforce
-mof

That reminds me, Special Force as well please.

#79 8 years ago

I would love to see team spooky come out and bring amh and rob zombies spook show with them. so we can play them and team spooky can see how awesome all the good folks at pagg are.

#80 8 years ago

I'm starting a Hyperball project to have finished by PAGG '16. Any ideas if I can get it sold there? It will be a really good player once finished.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

There was one this year right? I swore I played it.

yup, brad grant brought his. great game. maybe he will bring his again this year.

going nuts would be fun. maybe if I keep pestering blown fuse he will bring it just so I will quit asking.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

yup, brad grant brought his. great game. maybe he will bring his again this year.
going nuts would be fun. maybe if I keep pestering blown fuse he will bring it just so I will quit asking.

I must have missed it. Bummer

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'm starting a Hyperball project to have finished by PAGG '16. Any ideas if I can get it sold there? It will be a really good player once finished.

I think if you price it right sure. I think a lot of people get hot to buy stuff there, its just when prices are unrealistic that they dont sell.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

That reminds me, Special Force as well please.

I used Special Force in the PPE tournament in 2011. It's an awesome and rarely seen game, and about as non-PC as you can get. The sounds and music put you right into the "mow down commies" '80s war movie of your choice, and your job is to blow up an Asian village to rescue the hostages, complete with little Asian hut pop bumper caps. Your bonus counts down to sounds of machine gun fire and rockets exploding.

The game is an electrical nightmare. It took a lot of work to get it playing solid. Then, as luck would have it, it got dropped off the truck ramp on its way to the tournament. When I showed up it was in a maze of vices being glued back together. Good times.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I used Special Force in the PPE tournament in 2011. It's an awesome and rarely seen game, and about as non-PC as you can get. The sounds and music put you right into the "mow down commies" '80s war movie of your choice, and your job is to blow up an Asian village to rescue the hostages, complete with little Asian hut pop bumper caps. Your bonus counts down to sounds of machine gun fire and rockets exploding.
The game is an electrical nightmare. It took a lot of work to get it playing solid. Then, as luck would have it, it got dropped off the truck ramp on its way to the tournament. When I showed up it was in a maze of vices being glued back together. Good times.

Now I want to play one more than ever, get one and put it right next to an F-14 Tomcat.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If I had to make a suggestion, why don't they consider doing a NIB Stern Pro raffle on Saturday? With the amount of people there, I think it would be easy to sell 100 tickets at $50 to cover the costs. Or maybe raffle off a NIB Premium like SMVE & sell 200 tickets at $50 a pop & give the rest to charity? I think there's a real opportunity here to raise some money & do an awesome giveaway.

HoakyPoaky,

We did look into doing this, but there are an incredible amount of federal laws and laws from the state of CA that pose too many restrictions for a 501c3 non-profit to do this kind of raffle. This includes requiring the filling out of state and federal tax forms for both us and the seller since a pricey new Stern pin would be considered income. Top that off with the fact that the law states that we must offer monetary compensation in lieu of the pin if that is what the winner wants AND they cannot afford to pay the taxes up front. That would leave our organization paying money out-of-pocket AND still having a pin that we would somehow have to dispose of. We had two board meetings on this and spent an amazing number of hours researching the logistical and legal aspects. In the end, it was not worth the pain and effort. I imagine that other shows and events that are raffling off new pins may either be unaware of the restrictions.

The good news is that we will continue to hold drawings for used pinball machines at Pin-a-Go-Go; typically two each year. Here's a tease... one of this year's pins in the drawing is one designed by Harry Williams.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Fiend:

one designed by Harry Williams.

my guess
Stern Hot Hand?

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

my guess
Stern Hot Hand?

Flight 2000?

1 week later
#90 8 years ago

Finally had time to check the LED Legs out, really great stuff!!!

10 days with no update Mrgone, you're slipping

#91 8 years ago

Thanks, I'm finding that it's getting tougher to come up with something each year.

Steve

Finally had time to check the LED Legs out, really great stuff!!!

#92 8 years ago

Sorry Steve, I'm taking advantage of the cooler weather and enjoying the hot tub.

Ah, it's good to be king.

Oh, 240 days until pin a go go.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Sorry Steve, I'm taking advantage of the cooler weather and enjoying the hot tub.
Ah, it's good to be king.
Oh, 240 days until pin a go go.

Have you figured out how to play pinball from your hottub yet?

#94 8 years ago

Have you figured out how to play pinball from your hottub yet?

if I could do that id never leave the house.

#95 8 years ago

Hay,thats a good idea!! All four of my pins are just within reach of my hot tub!Now if i turn them all around,,oooh this may work,nice idea practicalsteve,your friend,Hawkmoon!!

#96 8 years ago

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if either or you yahoos electrocute yourself playing your pins in the hot tub

But do feel free to draft up a will before you try it leaving your pins to me.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from dri:

If I play it, and I like it better than Rapid Fire, I would be interested in buying it. I only want one of them since they are basically the same game, but I don't know which one I will like better. I just brought home the Rapid Fire a couple of weeks ago.

#98 8 years ago

239 days until pin a go go.
Today's count sent from my hot tub and brought to you by coca cola, pal mall, and patron silver.

1 week later
#99 8 years ago

233 days until pagg.

#100 8 years ago

hurry up, hurry up and wait.

-Debbie Harry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 125.00
$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.