DSCN0215_(resized).JPG
DSCN0235_(resized).JPG
DSCN0247_(resized).JPG
IMG_3425_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.
#502 8 years ago

with a new baby in the house. brother, say goodbye to sleep for a while.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

When's Sparkys bbq this year? I'll bring some 805 beer

It's always on Saturday. I can't remember if it starts at noon or 1:00 (we changed the time one year). Whatever it was last year. I'll have to check.

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

We really need to have a Fresno area get together somewhere, somehow, sometime... We need to figure this out!

Count me in for any Fresno area gatherings. I'm just under an hour to the Herndon exit. I could also carpool with papazit and/or jimjim on the way.

#505 8 years ago

We'll have to start a new thread for the eventual central valley gathering. We'll also probably have to include everything and everyone from Bakersfield up to Modesto. The biggest hurdle to doing it is a location. There aren't any good arcades/barcades that I know of in town here. Might just have to be at somebody's house, if they're willing. Or, we could just wait for the Dave and Busters to open up here in Fresno. Should be end of summer sometime…

When we get closer to PAGG, are you gonna have a sign up list for what people need to bring/are bringing to your BBQ?

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

We'll have to start a new thread for the eventual central valley gathering

Miguel...let's meet up at PAGG. Maybe we should open our own Barcade in Fresno??

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

When we get closer to PAGG, are you gonna have a sign up list for what people need to bring/are bringing to your BBQ?

I will post an announcement in this thread as it gets closer. Probably toward the end of April.

#508 8 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

We'll have to start a new thread for the eventual central valley gathering. We'll also probably have to include everything and everyone from Bakersfield up to Modesto. The biggest hurdle to doing it is a location. There aren't any good arcades/barcades that I know of in town here. Might just have to be at somebody's house, if they're willing. Or, we could just wait for the Dave and Busters to open up here in Fresno. Should be end of summer sometime…

I'm down for a Central Valley meetup too. I have a store that has 5 games in it (TAF, T2, SWT, F-14, EVAPM). We're closed on the weekends, but I could open up some Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a meetup and some pinball! Seems to be a few Fresno guys on here now and I know Sparky and some others a bit further north that could try to make it. Let's do this. Since the store will be closed (to the public) you can even bring your own adult beverages in ice chests and snacks. I'll check my home calendar tonight and pick a day and let you all know. Stand by.

Mike

lineup_(resized).JPGlineup_(resized).JPG

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Maybe we should open our own Barcade in Fresno??

My brother and I have seriously thought about it in the past….

#510 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Miguel...let's meet up at PAGG.

We should do a Fresno/Central Valley table at Sparky's BBQ. Lots of us going this year!

#511 8 years ago

im going to try to get a lot more pics this year. everyone be sure to come to sparkys so we can all get pics and talk story.

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

with a new baby in the house. brother, say goodbye to sleep for a while.

Oh don't I know it, so far she's a good little sleeper

#513 8 years ago

I can tell, you're here and posting.

Steve

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Oh don't I know it, so far she's a good little sleeper

#514 8 years ago

i was re reading the history of pagg and in the article they refer to Steve as the professor of the gottlieb system 80.
i like it. may i call you professor steve?

#515 8 years ago

No, but you can call me Mr. blownfuse now.

Steve

Quoted from mrgone:

may i call you professor steve?

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I can tell, you're here and posting.
Steve

Exactly! I actually feel like a normal human most the day!

#517 8 years ago

43 days until pagg. Phone the neighbors, wake the kids.

#519 8 years ago

How many days left?
Spencer- it was great to see you today!

#520 8 years ago
Quoted from ntstlgl1970:

How many days left?
Spencer- it was great to see you today!

42. yes, it was great to see you too. I did not even play any pins. it is just great to see you guys. another month or 2 I will be back to 100% see you in 42 days.

#521 8 years ago

40 days till pin a go go.

#522 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

42. yes, it was great to see you too. I did not even play any pins. it is just great to see you guys. another month or 2 I will be back to 100% see you in 42 days.

It was a GREAT surprise to see you show up to league playoffs yesterday! I'm so glad you stopped by! Made me forget about getting my butt kicked in the first round (again!)

#523 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It was a GREAT surprise to see you show up to league playoffs yesterday! I'm so glad you stopped by! Made me forget about getting my butt kicked in the first round (again!)

Quoted from Sparky:

I really enjoyed it. I cant wait for pagg.

#524 8 years ago

39 days until pagg.

#525 8 years ago

Worth bringing a High Speed with issues?

Cosmetically, it is in great shape but it has technical problems beyond my ability to fix.

The sound board or chip for background music is fried and the left sling is kaput. A seasoned tech just spent 4 hours troubleshooting to no avail.

On the bright side, it has a Kruzman cc'd playfield and pinduino GI lighting so it looks good and plays fast.

#526 8 years ago

Good morning pinheads!

#527 8 years ago

38 days until pagg.

make sure to sign up your games you are bringing with you.

#528 8 years ago

The volunteer page is ready to go. If you want to volunteer pm me your email and I'll send you the link.

Thanks!

#529 8 years ago

Everyone here going to pin a go go, pagg gives us all much happiness and joy. give some back. volunteer. pagg works because many good people volunteer and make it work. this is our show. help where you can.

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

The volunteer page is ready to go. If you want to volunteer pm me your email and I'll send you the link.
Thanks!

PM sent

#531 8 years ago

I have a Popeye and JD I would like to bring for all to play and also to try and sell. I've never does this before. Could someone with this experience PM me and let me know the pros and cons. I'd really appreciate it.

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

I have a Popeye and JD I would like to bring for all to play and also to try and sell. I've never does this before. Could someone with this experience PM me and let me know the pros and cons. I'd really appreciate it.

Pros - Everyone gets to enjoy your pins and you leave with more money than you came with

Cons - You leave with 2 less pins (unless you buy something else!)

#533 8 years ago

That's the plan. Bring 2 and leave with another.

How's the selling work? You post a sign on the front of the translite with name, contact info and price? And if sold ask them to continue to let people play it until the end of the event?

#534 8 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

That's the plan. Bring 2 and leave with another.
How's the selling work? You post a sign on the front of the translite with name, contact info and price? And if sold ask them to continue to let people play it until the end of the event?

There will be tags that are taped to the game (usually on the backglass) that denote the game number (so the techs can find the keys in case of a problem). On this tag there is a spot for your name, number, and if the game is for sale and how much (you are given the tag during sign in). People will call or text you from the show and you can walk over and review the game with them and talk turkey. If they like the game, money exchanges hands and you both walk over to the front desk and notify them of a ownership transfer. At that point, a little donation to Pin-a-Go-Go is a nice nod to the show for helping setup the transaction and the proceeds go to teens in need. The pin should stay until end of show on Sunday regardless of sale.

#535 8 years ago

Come on pinheads. there are currently less than 100 pins listed on the pin a go go bring games page. the last two years we had just under 300 games. lets get it to 300 this year. don't have any games to bring? offer to help others set up and or take down games.
we are getting close. remember, this is our show. run by pinheads for pinheads. and every penny goes to help local kids. you, yes, you. get off the couch. bring a game, feel real good. have fun.

#536 8 years ago

Anyone from PNW going with room to haul down a game in exchange for some gas money?

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Anyone from PNW going with room to haul down a game in exchange for some gas money?

Hey John, I think there is...will email ya the details.

Cheers,
Seth

#538 8 years ago

Got busy on F14 Tomcat today. Replaced the display, the red beacon dome, the beacon belts and lights, cleaned the volume pot, resoldered several broken wires, and gave it a generous wax. I still need to fix a couple switches (the center gates and spinner switches are pains in the ass), replace the playfield glass trim and backglass trim, and I also need to replace the shooter rod. It is close to being ready for showtime! I am not going to dress it up too crazy, at is certainly in players condition, but I hope people enjoy playing it. It will also be for sale/trade as well. I never realized how kick-ass this game's music is.

Scorpion is next!

IMG_0215_(resized).JPGIMG_0215_(resized).JPG

#539 8 years ago

the f 14 should sell quickly as there are repro playfields in the pipe now.
I cant wait for pagg. it will be good to see you and im really looking forward to playing scorpion.

#540 8 years ago

37 days until pagg! come on people, lets get the games list filled.

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Come on pinheads. there are currently less than 100 pins listed on the pin a go go bring games page. the last two years we had just under 300 games. lets get it to 300 this year. don't have any games to bring? offer to help others set up and or take down games.
we are getting close. remember, this is our show. run by pinheads for pinheads. and every penny goes to help local kids. you, yes, you. get off the couch. bring a game, feel real good. have fun.

I'm bringing a few games. I just can't decide which ones yet! I'm thinking for sure Baywatch (for sale) and El Vira and the Party Monsters (not for sale) and maybe 1 or 2 more.

Mike

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

I'm bringing a few games. I just can't decide which ones yet! I'm thinking for sure Baywatch (for sale) and El Vira and the Party Monsters (not for sale) and maybe 1 or 2 more.
Mike

Awesome! yes! please bring Elvira as its a crowd favorite. and bay watch as it is highly underrated and many have not played ONE YET.
see you at pagg.

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Mike

Is El Vira the spanish version?

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Mike

I've always wanted to play a Baywatch! Make it so.

I'm likely bringing a pin, or two. Also trying to decide which ones.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I've always wanted to play a Baywatch! Make it so.
I'm likely bringing a pin, or two. Also trying to decide which ones.

game of thrones and royal rumble please. see you at pagg.

#546 8 years ago

I'm playing GOT at my hotel in Vegas and, although I've never seen an episode, it's becoming one of my favorite pins. So fast and so much fun!

#547 8 years ago

the game count is at 84. that's a great start. the goal this year is to hit 300 games. alright pinheads, its time to answer the call. lets show the rest of the world how we do things nor cal style. lets get 300 games in the buildings by opening day.

#548 8 years ago

Keith Elwin is bringing his archer game to share with us at pin a go go. very exciting! see you at pagg.

#549 8 years ago

Good morning pinheads! 36 days until pagg.
Just a quick reminder, make sure to support all the great venders at pagg. pick up parts while you are there. you also save a bundle on shipping. lets give our money to other pinball people, not uncle sam.

#550 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Is El Vira the spanish version?

I don't think so. Her moans and groans are definitely in English!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Buffalo, NY
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 199.95
$ 3.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2016-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.