Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by player-one
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you like to see pinball back glasses and other pinball parts listed in non-eBay auctions here?”

• No. Auction listings for machines only. 8 votes
      26%
    • Yes. Auction listings for machines and parts. 16 votes
      52%
    • Yes. But only list the general auction and not each item listed for auctions with multiple pinball parts listed. 7 votes
      23%

(31 votes)

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Hey, everyone. I scour auction websites for various items which I do not need but have a passion to collect and often come across postings for pinball machines. I figured there should be a place to share this information here. Sometimes there are good deals; other times it's more for entertainment purposes. Feel free to add anything you may come across that you wish to share.

#8 3 years ago

Wasn't sure where this was going but I like what you're doing with the topic.
    I usually never look beyond Pinside,CL and FB.
    -Mike

#9 3 years ago

Thanks! I have seen some pretty good deals going down on scarce games lately. Will try to find some of the past links as well so you can see what I mean.

#11 3 years ago

Sometimes it seems that newer pins sell for full value - and then some - in non-pin-centric as-is auction sales. This Monopoly brought over $3,400 including the buyer's premium.

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/2001-commercial-monopoly-pinball-machine-355a-c-9ce4a09831#

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from player-one:

Thanks! I have seen some pretty good deals going down on scarce games lately. Will try to find some of the past links as well so you can see what I mean.

Can you post the city and state with the titles going forward? It makes it easier for someone to determine if it's worth reviewing. Thanks.

#15 3 years ago

Lots of pinball machines at the Captain's this Saturday if you scroll through the catalog.

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/47

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Lots of pinball machines at the Captain's this Saturday if you scroll through the catalog.
    https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/47

Awesome! 90 pins new and old (the pins begin at lot 200).

#21 3 years ago

Please let me know by answering the poll if you all would like me to also post pinball back glasses and other pinball parts I see listed in non-eBay auctions. Thank you.

#24 3 years ago

Congrats!! That's the one i wanted. I just can't justify spending money right now.
    To bad you can't pick up on Sunday.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Congrats!! That's the one i wanted. I just can't justify spending money right now.
    To bad you can't pick up on Sunday.

I picked it up last night. Sure, the premium made the price higher, but Radical!s are hard to come by, let alone in good shape. I haven't seen them go much cheaper when they are available. This one's nice.

The only other one I was interested in was F-1 Grand Prix as I have played one and it is a lot of fun. After spending my wad on Radical!, I let it slide though.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I picked it up last night. Sure, the premium made the price higher, but Radical!s are hard to come by, let alone in good shape. I haven't seen them go much cheaper when they are available. This one's nice.
    The only other one I was interested in was F-1 Grand Prix as I have played one and it is a lot of fun. After spending my wad on Radical!, I let it slide though.

I played your Radical Tuesday and considered it. Seems switch was missing on left return to flipper. Ball lock was slow to register on left too. In old Captain days with in-person, those flaws maybe would keep prices down.
    I didn't know about picking up last night, had to many drinks anyway.
    I got the Caribbean Cruise. That's why I stopped by Tuesday to play it. CC had the whole thing covered in parts and cleaning supplies. Typical cocktail I told her, always crap on them.
    I really wanted that Pharaoh , it was nice. But was saving money for the Radical.
    Hey, you ever sell, remember me first please.

#27 3 years ago

I played your Radical Tuesday and considered it. Seems switch was missing on left return to flipper. Ball lock was slow to register on left too.

Yes, he mentioned a couple switches and after playing it a bunch when I got home I noticed that. First time I didn't actually get over there to check it out ahead of time, but the blurry pictures looked good enough. Trying to wake up and work on it a bit instead of just looking at it. Need to do a little rearranging in the garage as well.

I didn't know about picking up last night, had to many drinks anyway.

Perhaps driving over there last night wasn't the best idea, but nobody else was on the road, and we got it home.

Hey, you ever sell, remember me first please.

Will do!

#28 3 years ago

Seems switch was missing on left return to flipper.

Just found that hanging under the playfield intact. Yes, I am a real ball of fire getting to working on this thing today.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Just found that hanging under the playfield intact. Yes, I am a real ball of fire getting to working on this thing today.

Well, i cant hang my valdez board above game as a topper now.
    What about that ball lock?
    Check flashers in backbox too.

#30 3 years ago

Ball lock and all other switches working now. I had to adjust a few and replace the wire actuator on the shooter lane switch as it was busted off. Thanks for the heads up on the flashers, I will look at those next.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Ball lock and all other switches working now. I had to adjust a few and replace the wire actuator on the shooter lane switch as it was busted off. Thanks for the heads up on the flashers, I will look at those next.

For some reason when I locked a ball on the left it took a long time to register.

#32 3 years ago

Not to sidetrack this thread anymore, but I adjusted that switch and all flashers working now. Time to re-arrange the furniture and slide it into place. Total shop job will have to wait until later.

#48 3 years ago

I am sad that I didn't see this thread sooner. In my state and I would pay way over that.

#49 3 years ago

Sorry you missed it. As to the price, keep in mind that most auctions have a premium in addition to the final hammer price which could be anywhere from a low of 10% to a high of 30%. That is usually not added in to the number you see as the sales price when clicking onto these links post-auction.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from player-one:

Sorry you missed it. As to the price, keep in mind that most auctions have a premium in addition to the final hammer price which could be anywhere from a low of 10% to a high of 30%. That is usually not added in to the number you see as the sales price when clicking onto these links post-auction.

I understand. It went for $600. I would pay $1000 or more.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-non-ebay-auction-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.