1f44d0ae-97cc-4afa-b04b-3498796b4259_text.gif
20220702_210213 (resized).jpg
F42B55B8-9FCD-4835-BD65-5CBFDC2E6B1F (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220819-144700_Chrome (resized).jpg
50E1DB30-0130-4FB9-AF4F-7C513ADFFB9D (resized).jpeg
C0C7B630-C862-4451-8C00-9ECDB5AAE1E4.jpeg
2FCFB068-A5DF-4B44-9C5C-417F4A8555C1.jpeg
goldblum-quote.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Additionally, keep in mind that if you buy from the listing you linked to, you would be buying it second-hand.
Rottendog isn't doing business any more (the original owner passed away, unfortunately), so there's no support if something doesn't work.
You can get leftover new stock here: https://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/ProductPages/RotDogBoards.html

This is absolutely not the case. Rottendog was bought out by someone else and the boards are still being produced. Big Daddy doesn’t carry them any longer but checkout Pinball life. New boards with warranty and support.

#44 1 year ago

So after reading through this thread no one’s seemed to ask about the specific board you installed and if it is actually defective. And if it is defective was it in a way to cause damage to the game? Someone needs to bench test the actual reset board to see if there is a manufacturing defect. A bad part or something on it causing a short. Or worse instead of providing a clean 5V it causes an over voltage. At this point no one knows until that is tested. If it truly is defective like that then the thread topic is appropriate. Otherwise it may be ok and just highlighted other weak points in a stressed machine.

I’ve rebuilt many WPC MPU and driver boards. These reset boards can be good as a temp fix or for testing but as others point out shift the load somewhere else. This isn’t a problem on many machines that are as delivered and can run for years. On other machines with mods that draw additional resources from the same point as the reset board you can have issues. If that is the case here then adding that reset board pushed it past that threshold and something gave out on the driver board. Could be as simple as a fuse to get you back to where you were. If this ends up being the case you can remove mods or power them separately if you still want to use that reset board. But I would just get your original boards serviced.

Unless your game was overfused it probably won’t need bridges unless someone prior did a hack job replacing some of those in the past. More often I’ve seen bad connections at the 5V regulator or some of the large 15000uf caps and other electrolytic caps bad. Some replace the 5V regulator with a newer switching style or there are a couple mods for the 5V section to improve it.

On the MPU unless it was damaged there probably isn’t any service that would need except for the small axial electrolytic cap. If it is silverish blue then it is trash and needs replacement. Otherwise it is probably ok.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just to be clear, I’m not sure if the BOARDS have been redesigned - I meant that their website had been. The schematics are also on the site, which is pretty great

There was a transition period but they are making new boards and taking steps to improve them. They have also started posting schematics but I don’t think all of them are out there yet. That helps a lot since I’ve had to repair a couple of their boards and now that schematics are available that is much easier than before.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's pretty great news. Did they do a press release or anything with their future plans?

I haven't seen a press release. Just got some info when I was looking for schematics. Suggested it would really help people that wanted to service the boards and asked if they could post them. Received a nice response and saw some of the schematics posted on their site afterwards. I take that as a good sign. They were helpful when I had some questions.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

BF I probably couldn't even afford a Genesis right now

Genesis is actually a good game. I have one and don't have any intention of selling it. I did install an alternative translite though. So if someone ever says to go play Genesis that sounds like a good idea.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Here’s a gameplay video for you. Check out the fluke carom shot to hit the Lifeforce generator and expose the robot at the 3:09 mark.

Looks like it is sitting next to an Adams Family...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,159.00
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

16,000 (OBO)
30,000 (OBO)
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-no-more-reset-add-on-from-pinsound-has-ruined-my-addams-family?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.