1f44d0ae-97cc-4afa-b04b-3498796b4259_text.gif
20220702_210213 (resized).jpg
F42B55B8-9FCD-4835-BD65-5CBFDC2E6B1F (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220819-144700_Chrome (resized).jpg
50E1DB30-0130-4FB9-AF4F-7C513ADFFB9D (resized).jpeg
C0C7B630-C862-4451-8C00-9ECDB5AAE1E4.jpeg
2FCFB068-A5DF-4B44-9C5C-417F4A8555C1.jpeg
goldblum-quote.jpeg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Glad to hear they are improving the boards! I would rename them as well haha. I’ve avoided RD due to issues noted in the past with certain MPUs of theirs for system 11 games mostly.

Just to be clear, I’m not sure if the BOARDS have been redesigned - I meant that their website had been. The schematics are also on the site, which is pretty great

#52 1 year ago

Everyone relax.... let's see how the fuse test comes back before proceeding....

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just to be clear, I’m not sure if the BOARDS have been redesigned - I meant that their website had been. The schematics are also on the site, which is pretty great

There was a transition period but they are making new boards and taking steps to improve them. They have also started posting schematics but I don’t think all of them are out there yet. That helps a lot since I’ve had to repair a couple of their boards and now that schematics are available that is much easier than before.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

There was a transition period but they are making new boards and taking steps to improve them. They have also started posting schematics but I don’t think all of them are out there yet. That helps a lot since I’ve had to repair a couple of their boards and now that schematics are available that is much easier than before.

That's pretty great news. Did they do a press release or anything with their future plans?

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's pretty great news. Did they do a press release or anything with their future plans?

I haven't seen a press release. Just got some info when I was looking for schematics. Suggested it would really help people that wanted to service the boards and asked if they could post them. Received a nice response and saw some of the schematics posted on their site afterwards. I take that as a good sign. They were helpful when I had some questions.

#56 1 year ago

I own an Addams Family and I’ve never felt like such a baller. Think I’ll wear my velvet smoking jacket while I play today.

C0C7B630-C862-4451-8C00-9ECDB5AAE1E4.jpegC0C7B630-C862-4451-8C00-9ECDB5AAE1E4.jpeg

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from imnitguy:

Wow, super unhelpful. It wasn't about cost it was about the fact that I had good luck with a Getaway Pinsound board and thought this would yield similar results. Try not to be such a jealous dousche. I realize not everyone can afford an Addams and I suspect you find yourself in that category; it doesn't give you license to be a dousche though. Enjoy your Genesis.

Bro I'm just saying, get it fixed correctly instead of band aiding it. TBF I probably couldn't even afford a Genesis right now I like Addams Family, I just don't really want to own one because I don't think its juice is worth the squeeze if you know what I mean. Chris Hibler will take care of you, I'm glad you are going to fix it correctly now.

I will say, if I'm buying a game and I see any of these "fix" boards I'm immediately sus about a lot of things in the game.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

BF I probably couldn't even afford a Genesis right now

Genesis is actually a good game. I have one and don't have any intention of selling it. I did install an alternative translite though. So if someone ever says to go play Genesis that sounds like a good idea.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Glad to hear they are improving the boards! I would rename them as well haha. I’ve avoided RD due to issues noted in the past with certain MPUs of theirs for system 11 games mostly.

Quality was in the shitter at the end.

#60 1 year ago

So after reading through this thread no one’s seemed to ask about the specific board you installed and if it is actually defective. And if it is defective was it in a way to cause damage to the game? Someone needs to bench test the actual reset board to see if there is a manufacturing defect. A bad part or something on it causing a short. Or worse instead of providing a clean 5V it causes an over voltage. At this point no one knows until that is tested. If it truly is defective like that then the thread topic is appropriate. Otherwise it may be ok and just highlighted other weak points in a stressed machine.
I’ve rebuilt many WPC MPU and driver boards. These reset boards can be good as a temp fix or for testing but as others point out shift the load somewhere else. This isn’t a problem on many machines that are as delivered and can run for years. On other machines with mods that draw additional resources from the same point as the reset board you can have issues. If that is the case here then adding that reset board pushed it past that threshold and something gave out on the driver board. Could be as simple as a fuse to get you back to where you were. If this ends up being the case you can remove mods or power them separately if you still want to use that reset board. But I would just get your original boards serviced.
Unless your game was overfused it probably won’t need bridges unless someone prior did a hack job replacing some of those in the past. More often I’ve seen bad connections at the 5V regulator or some of the large 15000uf caps and other electrolytic caps bad. Some replace the 5V regulator with a newer switching style or there are a couple mods for the 5V section to improve it.
On the MPU unless it was damaged there probably isn’t any service that would need except for the small axial electrolytic cap. If it is silverish blue then it is trash and needs replacement. Otherwise it is probably ok.

Most people don't come on pinside to actually help each other out..they just here to gang up and bash. This guy made it easy for them

#61 1 year ago

Genesis is actually a good game. I have one and don't have any intention of selling it. I did install an alternative translite though. So if someone ever says to go play Genesis that sounds like a good idea.

Lol I really don't mind Genesis, its a decent game. I wouldn't personally go out of my way to buy one though. Certainly one of the better of the 80b games! I always try to put a few plays on it when I'm at a place that has one on location. My dad had one for a while when I was a kid too, and I liked it then as well!

#62 1 year ago

This thread is just another example of why you should keep your cool.

If the OP came to me looking for a service and I saw how they acted here, I would seriously think twice. (Almost) No amount of money is worth the hassle of dealing with someone like this.

#63 1 year ago

I had a similar issue with my TAF. I just threw the game on the tree lawn and bought another one. I never liked the look of that gold one anyway.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

I had a similar issue with my TAF. I just threw the game on the tree lawn and bought another one. I never liked the look of that gold one anyway.

Was that the same week we made a sweet soap box derby car out of that Krull?

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Was that the same week we made a sweet soap box derby car out of that Krull?

I turned Bigfoot into a bunk bed for the kids once.

#66 1 year ago

Kinda like that time I shopped Q Bert Quest with rainfall because I was fresh outta Novus? Yeah I remember that.
50E1DB30-0130-4FB9-AF4F-7C513ADFFB9D (resized).jpeg50E1DB30-0130-4FB9-AF4F-7C513ADFFB9D (resized).jpeg

#67 1 year ago

We're taking over

Screenshot_20220819-144700_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-144700_Chrome (resized).jpg

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Kinda like that time I shopped Q Bert Quest with rainfall because I was fresh outta Novus? Yeah I remember that.
[quoted image]

You didn't use the steel wool like we talked about? Always cutting corners.

#69 1 year ago

Hey do you remember that time where we burned an Ice Cold Beer and big mike got banned from like 5 groups on Facebook? Pepperidge Farm remembers……..

Let this picture signify the start of the dumpster fire

F42B55B8-9FCD-4835-BD65-5CBFDC2E6B1F (resized).jpegF42B55B8-9FCD-4835-BD65-5CBFDC2E6B1F (resized).jpeg

#70 1 year ago

Did someone say fire. Are those cabinets or is it the bridge OP burned down by having a temper tantrum.

20220702_210213 (resized).jpg20220702_210213 (resized).jpg
#71 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man I like this Clarence kid. This guy is fucking crazy.

I dig the way you worked a "True Romance" quote in there. Much appreciated you "Cantaloupe".
1f44d0ae-97cc-4afa-b04b-3498796b4259_text.gif1f44d0ae-97cc-4afa-b04b-3498796b4259_text.gif

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol I really don't mind Genesis, its a decent game. I wouldn't personally go out of my way to buy one though. Certainly one of the better of the 80b games! I always try to put a few plays on it when I'm at a place that has one on location. My dad had one for a while when I was a kid too, and I liked it then as well!

I don't think I've ever played a Genesis. That shot Phil Collins on the translite always scares me off...

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

I own an Addams Family and I’ve never felt like such a baller. Think I’ll wear my velvet smoking jacket while I play today.
[quoted image]

People don’t park a nice Mercedes on there drive any more they put a Adam’s there!

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I don't think I've ever played a Genesis. That shot Phil Collins on the translite always scares me off...

One of the best 80s games.

#75 1 year ago

So how did those fuses check out?

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Here’s a gameplay video for you. Check out the fluke carom shot to hit the Lifeforce generator and expose the robot at the 3:09 mark.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Here’s a gameplay video for you. Check out the fluke carom shot to hit the Lifeforce generator and expose the robot at the 3:09 mark.

Looks like it is sitting next to an Adams Family...

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

So how did those fuses check out?

All are good unfortunately. So I'm packing up the CPU and power driver boards and will be sending them off. I appreciate all the useful comments and I'm sorry that I might have let my frusrtation get in the way of my posts. I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

#79 1 year ago

I have a TOTAN that was originally exported to Germany, and it still has the coin door that accepts Douschemarks.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

[quoted image]

This is the best thing ever posted to this website

#81 1 year ago

I still have a nice Genesis for sale cheap! ahem.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from imnitguy:

All are good unfortunately. So I'm packing up the CPU and power driver boards and will be sending them off. I appreciate all the useful comments and I'm sorry that I might have let my frusrtation get in the way of my posts. I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

As we're not sure you receive our email, we prefer to post it here on Pinside too.

-----------
Because we are sure of the quality of the products we design and manufacture we want to settle down this issue.

We would like to offer you the following deal:

- you send us the product back, at your expense
- once received, we test your product on our factory test bench then in our TAF pinball machine: please sign with a sharpie on the back of the product to make it unique, we will record the test for full transparency.

Then two outcomes:

- the product is damaged: we refund your repair expense (up to 300USD), return shipping cost (up to 30USD), fully refund the product, and send you a new product, free of charge
- the product is functional: we send you back not only one but 2 products.

Sincerely,
Nicolas & Timothée
-----------

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSound:

products we design

You didn’t design it, you copied the design from rkahr

#84 1 year ago

I didn't read all the responses but will say as these games get 30 plus years old often the process of opening the head or raising the playfield can cause another issue to manifest itself as many components are past useful life and are marginal.
The slightest bump etc can push them over the edge. Ribbon cables, connectors, fuseholders are some examples.

In short issue may be completely unrelated to installing the reset board.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from imnitguy:

Try not to be such a jealous dousche. I realize not everyone can afford an Addams and I suspect you find yourself in that category; it doesn't give you license to be a dousche though. Enjoy your Genesis.

This was worth the price of admission right here.

#86 1 year ago

The last thing you touch gets blamed for everything. I deal with this a lot. "I put in a new MPU and now a light does not turn on, I think the MPU ROM is bad!" Thirty emails back and forth find out a totally unrelated plug crimp contact went bad or whatever.

#87 1 year ago

That made me laugh out loud. Thank you.

Quoted from SNES:

Plug a second no reset board into the first one

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Then count the number of times someone comes running in to tell us the no reset board will fix everything

I only trust them if they insert it as their signature on every forum post.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Did someone say fire. Are those cabinets or is it the bridge OP burned down by having a temper tantrum.
[quoted image]

Almost didn't notice the Star Trek cab burning on the right side of the photo as well...

destruct (resized).jpegdestruct (resized).jpeg

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

All of these types of boards are band-aids.

Indeed, this is what we have always said. In the language of Molière we call it "cacher la misère" (hiding misery). I also like the expression "mettre un sparadrap sur une jambe de bois" (put a bandage on a wooden leg).
Already seven years ago, many criticisms had also been formulated on this kind of product, on the other side of the Atlantic, like here : https://www.flipjuke.fr/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=113926

Quoted from chuckwurt:

One of the best 80s games.

I love Genesis too. Also works better with the reset board (MA-164) removed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

16,000 (OBO)
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

30,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-no-more-reset-add-on-from-pinsound-has-ruined-my-addams-family/page/2?hl=zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.