(Topic ID: 210328)

The No Licensed Themes Club- No movies, bands, or TV shows....

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN5734 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg
    no soup for you (resized).jpg
    I'm Out (resized).jpg
    DSCN5721 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5718 (resized).JPG
    20180219_212222 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    4C127A8F-9760-4601-8CB2-CDF9F0F9F305 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Well, It finally happened. Last weekend I cleared out the last pinball machines that were themed after any sort of media license. Not that they weren't fun to play, but I just got tired of looking at them and the constant reminder that this is not current shit in theaters, concert halls, or even on TV.

Pinball does not need a license attached to it to be great and IMO is better off being it's own creative force and not having one. New or old, games without that ball and chain license can stand on their own and age gracefully in their own way.

So this club is for all the others that have forsaken media licensed themes and now only own original, non licensed games.

#3 6 years ago

Our founding father Robin started this thread many moons ago--

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-we-really-need-all-those-expensive-licenses

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

This is going to be a tuff club to get in.

It's not that tough when people show up with cash and a truck.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Who was the last to go?

BSD and Flash Gordon left yesterday, so yes I am serious!

#10 6 years ago

I am free! Finally!!!!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I would still like to have an original Playboy and a Harlem Globetrotters one day

Well that won't get you into this club, but still might be better than old movies or antique rock stars.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Always room for a few more Gottlieb-esque card theme pins. The King of Cards...

No, no, no,no,no. One's enough!

It's Mr Bally's fault anyway when he first slapped that license on Wizard! and said "let's see where pinball goes from here."

#19 6 years ago

That makes three of us so far.

#21 6 years ago

Three more members and we can have as many people as those that still listen to Kiss.

#23 6 years ago

Wow! A pinball machine released to help promote a new movie. What will they think of next!

#24 6 years ago

So yeah,

The living room is looking just fine without any cheesy licensed games, and still plenty of fun pinball to play. Re-arranging things a bit I even have room for a couch. Just my luck, Lazy Boy is having a 30% off presidents day sale.

DSCN5718 (resized).JPGDSCN5718 (resized).JPG

DSCN5721 (resized).JPGDSCN5721 (resized).JPG

#25 6 years ago

Couch will be here in six weeks. What are the odds that space will still be there?

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Play some Getaway and jam the ZZ Top! Lol

That's barely ZZTop. lol. And at least their ugly old mugs aren't plastered all over the machine!

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Odin isn't Skateball affiliated with the A-team? Does anyone know if it's licensed?

That cheesy TV show that came out three years after Skateball? Hell no!

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I don't think I can not have a Twilight Zone in my collection.

no soup for you (resized).jpgno soup for you (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

does Embryon count as a movie pin? There was a 1976 Rock Hudson film "Embryo"....

I think as long as you stay away from Gusher, which bears too much similarity to the Rock Hudson movie "Giant" you should be OK.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #41 6 years ago

"The couch arrived early today, it came through the patio door in the usual way, there were machines to move, space to make, looks like I still have room for a TNA"

DSCN5734 (resized).JPGDSCN5734 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-no-licensed-themes-club-no-movies-bands-or-tv-shows?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.