wip (resized).png
more_work (resized).png
changes.png
F64F76F8-4BF6-41E3-B7E3-5BBC4196F78A.jpeg
shotmap_1.png
IMG_4997 (resized).JPG
A8FC0E36-D93A-4EE1-934C-1B2E8AD8E650 (resized).jpeg
too-high (resized).jpg

There are 1,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 27.
#401 5 years ago

Cleaning up my optos - new 5V driver boards and receivers designed by Jan. Printed in China through seeedstudio - delivered to Canada in 1 week. Other parts from digi-key.

optos_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#402 5 years ago

Getting closer to it.
jack_bonus_(resized).png

#403 5 years ago

Cant wait to play this at expo!

2 weeks later
#404 5 years ago

Progress.
Got all the character and holiday modes mostly figured out.
Here's a sneak of the Doctor's mode:
a_decided_improvement_(resized).png

#405 5 years ago

Kidnap the Sandiclaws!

kidnap_(resized).png

#406 5 years ago

Cool!

#407 5 years ago

Thank you for sharing all this, really cool watching the progress

#408 5 years ago

This looks bad ass!

2 weeks later
#409 5 years ago

crowded_house2_(resized).png
Excuse the crappy blurry stuff - still work to do on fonts, text, colors, etc.

But, I finally settled on a screen layout that works.
Bottom will show scores, player, balls, and related details.

Middle strip is the character row. It will pop up when a character is qualified, completed or character mode is running.

The rest of the screen will be the modes that are running - Door, Oogie or even Character (when no Door or Oogie running)
When any mode starts, it will get the whole screen for a brief time.
If no other mode starts, it stays full screen.
If another mode starts, the 2nd mode gets the full screen for a bit and then splits the screen.
Once one of the split modes ends, the remaining one will go full screen again.

In this example you see 'Halloween' Door mode running along with 'Boogie Bug Bash' Oogie mode.
On top of that, 'Zero' has just become qualified and he's highlighted in green.
If 'Zero' is hit again, starting that mode, it would go full screen for a few seconds and then reduce to the character strip above the scores.

Lots to do still, but should be much easier and faster to complete now that the pattern is set.

#410 5 years ago

Great work, man! Raising the bar for us all!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#411 5 years ago

What happens to the other 3 player scores? Are they hidden? Looks great, but its always nice to see all players scores if possible.

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What happens to the other 3 player scores? Are they hidden? Looks great, but its always nice to see all players scores if possible.

Good question. I thought I had posted a multiplayer pic before, guess not. They'll show up in the empty space in the lower right.
Here's an earlier image that shows the other scores.
nbx_2016-06-30_(resized).png

1 week later
#413 5 years ago

Got your nose!
tri-mode_(resized).png

#414 5 years ago

Lookng f***ng cool!

#415 5 years ago

Always impressed with your code and graphics!! Great job!

#416 5 years ago

Careful now!
tilt_(resized).png

1 week later
#417 5 years ago

Captured some video (sorry, no audio) of my display. I'll try to redo it later on my other computer without the busted audio drivers.

#418 5 years ago

This version has audio:

- a whole bunch of place holders in there - will replace with proper video clips and other images.
- sfx / music need to be balanced and non-overlapping - I'm working on it.

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

This version has audio:
» YouTube video
- a whole bunch of place holders in there - will replace with proper video clips and other images.
- sfx / music need to be balanced and non-overlapping - I'm working on it.

Looks really good but I just couldn't read the dark blue letters on the black background.

#420 5 years ago

Love this. Should make the "TILT" font about 3x or 4x bigger. Right in your face TILT!!!

#421 5 years ago

I'm working on my mpf game. I'm working on sounds and graphics now which is where I specialize. Cool to see what mpf is capable of

#422 5 years ago

The MPF team is fantastic; FAST community is too.

#423 5 years ago

Here's a bit of the Independence Day mode:

#424 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Here's a bit of the Independence Day mode:
» YouTube video

Nice work!

1 month later
#425 5 years ago

Not as far along as hoped for, but making the trek to Expo again. See you all there.
Making pinball art is hard.

progress_2016_10_11 (resized).jpg

#426 5 years ago

I am very excited to play your game again this year and see your progress. Great stuff man!!!

Quoted from MarkInc:

Not as far along as hoped for, but making the trek to Expo again. See you all there.

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

#428 5 years ago

Loaded up and ready to go!

IMG_2760 (resized).JPG

#429 5 years ago

Game looked great at expo with lots of interest.

#430 5 years ago

Hey Monkey! Get ta bed!

#431 5 years ago

If anyone's around Saturday - I should be around my machine. Come check it out and say hi. I'm across from the Batman machines.

#432 5 years ago

Fantastic project. One of the best things I saw at Expo.

Your seminar was inspiring too. Can't wait to see what the future brings!

#433 5 years ago

Would have loved to have seen this in person!

Kudos!

#434 5 years ago

And away we go...

Off to freeplay40!

F89CF61A-04D9-4CC8-8954-912B39015783 (resized).JPG

#435 5 years ago

Gameplay videos???

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Gameplay videos???

Once again, I don't have any myself! There were many people taking videos. I'm sure they will show up soon.

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

And away we go...
Off to freeplay40!

Um, we're going to need to talk before we commit to anything. Two of those cannot be done with my current setup...would have to wait until I complete the new machine.

#438 5 years ago

I think wireforms would look way better than plastic ones. And they would last way longer

#439 5 years ago

It's looking great, Mark. It was nice meeting you and David, and that machine is going to be something special.

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

I think wireforms would look way better than plastic ones. And they would last way longer

of course you do!

I kinda agree, but not for this theme. These ramps represent certain things that make more sense in plastic - snow covered rooftops and leafy forest floor.

The metal piece I do have on there - that's the skeletal reindeer sleigh, so it fits thematically.

#441 5 years ago

Matt subscribes to the belief system that . . . "If it is not Metal, it's crap"

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Um, we're going to need to talk before we commit to anything. Two of those cannot be done with my current setup...would have to wait until I complete the new machine.

Of course!
The ball is rolling, so to speak. I'm just happy to get them in your hands for your feedback (like above)
We've got until October, next year.
And you can let Aaron do all the work - just stand over his shoulder and direct!
Slope the sides!

#443 5 years ago

I love this project and table! Get it Produced please!

#444 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Matt subscribes to the belief system that . . . "If it is not Metal, it's crap"

I won't argue that. Lol.

#445 5 years ago

A pretty green powder coat and a silver sparkly powder coat ?

#446 5 years ago

Ok Matt, you convinced me with pretty colors. If the plastic is a no-go, green, silver and sparkly metal it will be.

Next you'll be telling me I don't need loops at the end of the ramps, needlessly slowing down the ball!

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Of course!
The ball is rolling, so to speak. I'm just happy to get them in your hands for your feedback (like above)
We've got until October, next year.
And you can let Aaron do all the work - just stand over his shoulder and direct!
Slope the sides!

Dad, Mark has the most complex FAST/MPF powered game to date. Needs ramps to match!

I'll make the molds, you make sure I don't mess it up. Maybe we can convince you to join us next year. We have something big planned for 2017.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#448 5 years ago

That is something that works for doom to integrate with the theme to give it a bit of crazyness and speed Don't know if it would fit with your game

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

That is something that works for doom to integrate with the theme to give it a bit of crazyness and speed Don't know if it would fit with your game

Matt's work is top notch. If everyone keeps raising the bar for each other like he does, I have no doubt the next generation of pinball designers are going to be able to produce sweet new pins that don't cost nearly 10k!

Great too see everyone's hard work this weekend. Can wait to get home and get back to work!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Dad, Mark has the most complex FAST/MPF powered game to date. Needs ramps to match!
I'll make the molds, you make sure I don't mess it up. Maybe we can convince you to join us next year. We have something big planned for 2017.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

No worries and I will make the molds! Once I finish this round of ramps I'm doing (GnR, Strange Science and the Wabac) I will be focusing most of my attention on the new machine!

There are 1,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside