75180746-300A-4E66-BB9D-17B990715AC8 (resized).jpeg
chachachachanges.png
walkway (resized).jpg
rocks (resized).jpg
wip (resized).png
more_work (resized).png
changes.png
F64F76F8-4BF6-41E3-B7E3-5BBC4196F78A.jpeg
There are 1,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 27.
#351 8 years ago

Mark have you decided what to do with the "forest" and how it will interact with the ball? Nice table

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Mark have you decided what to do with the "forest" and how it will interact with the ball? Nice table

Not sure. Was thinking of a funnel between the trees - somewhat like the White water whirlpool, but visibility and space up there is limited.

#353 8 years ago

I love where this is going. Played it at expo been watching closely.

#354 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I just found out I can import my futurepinball table into Blender!
This will make the transition to CAD quite a bit easier.
Just had to share.

Screenshot_17_(resized).jpg

This is one of those projects that I wish I could just walk next door to help. I get so excited when I see there are posts to be read. Will you finish the future pinball version with toys and all, or are you using it as a base to build off of?

#355 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is one of those projects that I wish I could just walk next door to help. I get so excited when I see there are posts to be read. Will you finish the future pinball version with toys and all, or are you using it as a base to build off of?

Ha, anytime. I could use the help!

I'm trying to update the sim table to match the small changes I had to make on the proto.
Mainly so I have something I can send to a CNC to cut new play fields and models for the ramp molds.
I haven't spent any time updating the gameplay. It's too different between VB and mpf/python.

#356 8 years ago

Wow, dual triple inlane/outlanes near the flippers. Don't know if I've ever seen that!

#357 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Not sure. Was thinking of a funnel between the trees - somewhat like the White water whirlpool, but visibility and space up there is limited.

That sounds like it would be pretty cool actually .

#358 8 years ago

where do I send my pre-order money

#359 8 years ago

I have a swizzlefish in my tub! Thanks Mike!

tub_(resized).jpgtub_(resized).jpg

#360 8 years ago

I've been paying some pretty close attention to this and have been scrutinising the blueprints quite carefully. If you need or want any design advice/suggestions, or help in tweaking things, give me a shout.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I'd have the trees double up in function as mode inserts (and thus save some playfield space) - place them in a row, with a light-up doorway icon on each. The ramp passes the whole line (or behind it) before the end point, so it's obvious that the lit tree/mode is where you will go next.

#362 8 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I'd have the trees double up in function as mode inserts (and thus save some playfield space) - place them in a row, with a light-up doorway icon on each. The ramp passes the whole line (or behind it) before the end point, so it's obvious that the lit tree/mode is where you will go next.

Thanks for the input!

I was planning on having the whole tree area change color to reflect which mode is selected. They can more reflect the upcoming mode, whereas the playfield inserts can show the status of mode completion.

I do want to reclaim some space up there so I may change the tree 'poles' into 1/2 cylinders placed against the walls in an semicircle ~3 on back, 1 in corner and 3 on right side. The extra space gained can maybe be a shallow bowl the ball will spiral around. Ball can be spun out of bowl with carefully timed nudging.

#363 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I have a swizzlefish in my tub! Thanks Mike!

tub_(resized).jpg

Its an honor to help on this awesome game Mark!

#364 8 years ago

Mark love the "whirlpool" idea and how to use the trees!

#365 8 years ago

something like this?
Trees will have holiday doors on them. Whirlpool will light up in the holiday color.

whirlpool_(resized).pngwhirlpool_(resized).png

#366 8 years ago

Screenshot_18_(resized).jpgScreenshot_18_(resized).jpg

#367 8 years ago

Beautiful.... Can't wait to play the future pinball version!

#368 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Beautiful.... Can't wait to play the future pinball version!

You can play with it now. Grab the 2016_01_26 table and sound files here:

http://incitti.com/pinball/nightmare/

I'm only using this to work out design issues. I'm not updating the rules on the virtual game.

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I'm only using this to work out design issues. I'm not updating the rules on the virtual game.

tried downloading the sound files and got this error when clicking on any of the three links. I did get the newest table though

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at incitti.com Port 80

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

tried downloading the sound files and got this error when clicking on any of the three links. I did get the newest table though

Give it another try. I had to change them to zip files - my web host changed something and it doesn't know what to do with that .fpl file extension.

#371 8 years ago

Whirlpool portal thingy. Heading to printer.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#372 8 years ago

sweet! the table looks great in FP!

im still trying to figure out how to name the sound files so I can hear your studio work, I downloaded the sounds.zip, extracted it, and get 2 folders

music
sfx

what do we need to name them to?

I tried downloading the .fpl.zip files, and the links dont works still, I guess

again, great work!!!

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

sweet! the table looks great in FP!
im still trying to figure out how to name the sound files so I can hear your studio work, I downloaded the sounds.zip, extracted it, and get 2 folders
music
sfx
what do we need to name them to?
I tried downloading the .fpl.zip files, and the links dont works still, I guess
again, great work!!!

Hmm, well, don't know what's up with my server. It doesn't like .fpl
So I have renamed them yet again. Have another go.

The sounds.zip is for use with the mpf code. FP uses the libraries above.

#374 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Pretty awesome dude!!!!

#375 8 years ago

This is just amazing!

Chris

#376 8 years ago

EalaDubhSidhe suggests rearranging the pops like so, and adding a magnet instead of the popup post. Gonna give that a try in FP.
newpops_(resized).pngnewpops_(resized).png
This should fix the problem of balls passing by the pops and not hitting them.
oldpops_(resized).pngoldpops_(resized).png
But it might also cause other problems such as magnet timing during multiballs. How to catch a 2nd ball that's orbiting without re-capturing the one we just dropped into the pops?

Maybe this new configuration would work just as well with a post? Hmm.

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Nice! it's so cool to play the virtual version after playing it at expo. The only thing not quite right is the left ramp, it's really difficult to hit in the virtual version, but I was able to get it up the ramp at least once on the real version.

#378 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Mark have you decided what to do with the "forest" and how it will interact with the ball?

The original idea had a tree door open on the left side(virtually from a backboard led) that the ball would roll into from a backboard-ramp-toy on the right side of the lay field. The forest/Holliday modes would all be table modifiers you could stack up along with the running progression modes. Not sure what Mark's new plan for the Holliday modes are now though.

PS- Mark, your green ramp is too flat on the top. Angle it down or up the table slightly so a slow ball doesn't get stuck.

#379 8 years ago

looks awesome!!

2 weeks later
#380 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Whirlpool portal thingy. Heading to printer.

image_(resized).jpeg

Finally caught back up on the progress! Great stuff. Riiiiiiiiiiide the portal!!!!

#381 8 years ago

Been patiently waiting for the postman to bring me my plastic models. Hurry up!

#382 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Been patiently waiting for the postman to bring me my plastic models. Hurry up!

OOOoooooooo, I wanna see, hopefully they arrived

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

OOOoooooooo, I wanna see, hopefully they arrived

Still waiting. This is Canada. In winter. The poor dogs on the sled team need to rest between cities.

2 weeks later
#384 8 years ago

Installed! See Facebook for videos of them in action.

#385 8 years ago

coming along nicely, what is the facebook address?

#386 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

coming along nicely, what is the facebook address?

Sorry, thought I had posted it....

https://www.facebook.com/markinc

#387 8 years ago

nice work, nice tub movement.

also with the whirlpool thing is it levelled off to the ground or sitting at the playfield angle (guessing 6.5degrees) as level might make it rotate around a little more.

#388 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

nice work, nice tub movement.
also with the whirlpool thing is it levelled off to the ground or sitting at the playfield angle (guessing 6.5degrees) as level might make it rotate around a little more.

The square cutout is parallel to the playfield, but the bowl is actually level to the ground. The bowl intersects the playfield at 6.5 degrees to counter the playfield slope.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

The square cutout is parallel to the playfield, but the bowl is actually level to the ground. The bowl intersects the playfield at 6.5 degrees to counter the playfield slope.

no worries, your on to it

1 month later
#391 8 years ago

We're entering the slow grind part of the process.

My partner is working on artwork for the playfield, cabinet, and plastics as well as some ideas for the backbox.
I'm working on code (mpf 0.30)

Will post more updates when there's stuff to show.

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

My partner is working on artwork for the playfield, cabinet, and plastics as well as some ideas for the backbox.

Make a green Oogie Boogie face laughing at the bottom - at the drain hole between the flippers on the playfield. ...Nasty Oogie Boogie Man drains balls.

Oogie-Boogie-Nightmare-In-Your-Face_(resized).jpgOogie-Boogie-Nightmare-In-Your-Face_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#393 7 years ago

dots, dots and more dotspresents_(resized).pngpresents_(resized).pnglock_(resized).pnglock_(resized).pngtub_ready_(resized).pngtub_ready_(resized).png

#394 7 years ago

Just saw this thread and WOW! Amazing job! I love the dots so far too!

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

dots, dots and more dots

If there was any doubt that color and a little taller vertical resolution makes all the difference in the world..

Pinsiders: "But color means more work"

Nope!

#397 7 years ago

Dots look awesome -- what program are you using to do this?? Is it completely manual or are you using existing images somehow?

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Dots look awesome -- what program are you using to do this?? Is it completely manual or are you using existing images somehow?

I'm using mpf. I use lower rez images and video clips. They are rendered at a higher rez with a dots shader. The stretching/scaling is all automatic thanks to the work Brian has done with mpf.30

I've been grabbing various images and tweaking them to what looks good - cleaning them up, removing backgrounds, adjusting size, contrast, etc.

#399 7 years ago

nightmare-before-christmas-alex-ruiz_(resized).pngnightmare-before-christmas-alex-ruiz_(resized).png

#400 7 years ago

I think Mark needs a tat like this guy I met in line at Disneyworld!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nightmare-before-christmas/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.