wip (resized).png
more_work (resized).png
changes.png
F64F76F8-4BF6-41E3-B7E3-5BBC4196F78A.jpeg
shotmap_1.png
IMG_4997 (resized).JPG
A8FC0E36-D93A-4EE1-934C-1B2E8AD8E650 (resized).jpeg
too-high (resized).jpg

There are 1,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.
#301 6 years ago

Any videos???

#302 6 years ago

This is gonna be sick sign me up I so want!!!!

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I shot a short video
» YouTube video

thank you

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I shot a short video
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting that toyotaboy. I'll get some good video up onc I get her home and set up again.
My audits say over 275 games played. 15000 right flipper presses.
Lock pin on the right flipper pawl fell apart Sunday just before closing time!

#306 6 years ago

It was an amazing experience. Met so many nice, encouraging people. Thank you!

#307 6 years ago

Mark your game deserved the attention. It's obviously very early and raw still, but there's something really cool in there already.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

My audits say over 275 games played. 15000 right flipper presses.

I commented that it got played so much there was already ball trails on the commonly shot playfield and paper ramps. Granted there is no clearcoat and the glass is off, it's still amazing to see dirt get embedded so quickly. Goes to show you how much people love it.

#309 6 years ago

Mark I really enjoyed meeting you and playing your game. Can't wait to see where you take the game and theme. It is already a very fun game and you should be proud of your accomplishment.

#310 6 years ago

Looks great Mark. Is the pf going to have any spot lights on it?

#311 6 years ago

That looks like great fun to play. I said it before but really like the layout. I'm just amazed at what you have done. I wish Stern could produced games like this - cool layout, color display, and quirky theme.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great Mark. Is the pf going to have any spot lights on it?

Yes, it will have some spots lighting up the characters (only the mayor is there so far)
I am also adding more gi lighting, and the forest in the back will evolve a bit - lit trees, maybe more player interaction.

#313 6 years ago

It was great to meet you, Mark! ANBC looked and played great, even with poster board ramps. Can't wait to see it in its finished form!

#314 6 years ago

Looks fantastic. How do you plan on making the ramps?

#315 6 years ago

I personally tried the Marco's pinball (hehehe italian blood) and I find it amazing.

Fast, very well calibrated for shooting on the ramp, good ideas for different path selectors, and many rules of the game.

I await the final version with the graphics but I can already say from now that will be a success !!!

Fantastic pinball my friend.

#316 6 years ago

Well looks like you made another appearance. This time on "This Flippin Podcast"

#317 6 years ago

Yet another. This time on "The pinball podcast"

1 week later
#318 6 years ago

Must... have.... updates!

#319 6 years ago

Did someone at Expo say there's a Twitch channel for this game's development, or was I dreaming?

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Did someone at Expo say there's a Twitch channel for this game's development, or was I dreaming?

I had been streaming work on Peanuts Pinball and building electronics and pinball. I am sure I meantioned the redness if this game on there.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#321 6 years ago

Not much to show at the moment - refining some game play a bit. Will work on getting a proper video together. My last few attempts using my phone were crap.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#323 5 years ago

Project continues...

Maybe a pico projector could fit in this dome...image.jpeg
Cleaning up my ramp lines a bit before going to plastic.
2 new inserts added to playfield.
image.jpeg

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Cleaning up my ramp lines a bit before going to plastic

Are you 3d printing them, or going right to vacuum forming?

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Are you 3d printing them, or going right to vacuum forming?

A 3D printer would be nice to have. Alas, I don't even have access to one in the area.
I'm trying to make an 'exact' version of the ramp with this matte board. Bottom, sides, mounting tabs. From those pieces a mold can be created/sculpted. And then a vacuum formed ramp made from that. "Help me Freeplay40, you're my only hope!"

#326 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Project continues...
Maybe a pico projector could fit in this dome...image.jpeg
Cleaning up my ramp lines a bit before going to plastic.
2 new inserts added to playfield.
image.jpeg

Those projectors are soooo cool, I hope you can get something to work

#327 5 years ago

Question, are the outlanes going to be adjustable...open or close them up?

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Question, are the outlanes going to be adjustable...open or close them up?

A bit tricky to change them now, I think, but they can be made harder by removing the rubber rings. Maybe I could do the 3 close post holes to adjust the vertical position, but not sure how it will be easier/harder?

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

A bit tricky to change them now, I think, but they can be made harder by removing the rubber rings. Maybe I could do the 3 close post holes to adjust the vertical position, but not sure how it will be easier/harder?

The 3 close post holes with the metal backing plate would be nice I would think. But you know your game better then anyone.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Here's some ideas-

outlane_idea.png

Purple = removable mini post (studs with t-nuts)
Yellow = 3-hole adjustable thin plastic post (not the normal fat post you usually use)
green = studded thin plastic post (not really removable per se... but a stud for strength)

The right most purple mini post should be located where the wire guide currently ends. The wire guide should be shrunk by about 3/8" or so to make room for that post. When removed the save is easier, when installed it's harder.

The green line you see on the left is a tapered inlane meaning the upper part of the inlane is wider then the lower part.. maybe about 1/4th" or so wider so the ball is more apt to go in there. Also the left inlane purple mini post is 1/2" lower then it currently is so the ball bounces off the left blue rubber into the entrance of the tapered inlane. Adjusting the yellow post makes the left kickout lane easier or harder to bounce in.

Using thin posts between the left kickout and left outlane will allow you to thin the wall between the two areas enabling the tapered inlane as well as give enough room for the 3-hole adjustment feature to fit (not block the ball)

Removing posts makes saving easer or harder depending on both the side your on and the combination of post adjustments made.

-Lin

EDIT: Oh! The left ramp should be attached to both the left playfield wall and green studded post now.

#331 5 years ago

Thanks Linolium. Lots of good ideas in there.

1 month later
#332 5 years ago

Any new info?

#333 5 years ago

Here's what's happened in the last month. This photo only shows the new ramp. I'll have to take some more recent ones.

1 - new ramp - smoother flow, proper height, better diverter angles, ready for plastic mold
2 - moved post 1 cm right - protect back of standup
3 - ramp switch mounted to wireform
4 - orbit aligned with left flipper NOT between them
5 - dedicated light for Mayor Mode
6 - dedicated light for Doctor Mode
7 - moved apron wall down 1 cm
8 - mounted kickback coil with connectors facing down through table
9 - redone diverter - new shaft and beefed up mounting to bracket
10 - not shown - more coding

iphone-jan-19-2016_456_-_Copy_(resized).JPG

#334 5 years ago

So...what you're trying to say is that you'll be able to start taking pre-orders soon?

Really great to see an update. This is definitely one of the coolest projects going at the moment.

#335 5 years ago

Mark, Aaron says: "build that oven!"
Small Oven says: "get in ma belly!"

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Mark, Aaron says: "build that oven!"
Small Oven says: "get in ma belly!"

LOL, that's hilarious

#337 5 years ago

Awesome!! Keep up the good work. If you need any pointers when you get to doing the artwork let me know!

#338 5 years ago

Looking good, Mark!

#339 5 years ago

looks to me like the apron needed to move down 1.25 cm not 1 cm

Looking good, how do you plan to make the plastic ramps?

#340 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

looks to me like the apron needed to move down 1.25 cm not 1 cm
Looking good, how do you plan to make the plastic ramps?

Ha! I didn't even mention the angle change!

I'm going to magically fill the inside of my ramps to make them into molds. Hopefully freeplay40 can then use them to form some plastic ramps.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I'm going to magically fill the inside of my ramps to make them into molds. Hopefully freeplay40 can then use them to form some plastic ramps.

That sounds so fun!!!

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

If anyone can make the ramps it's Mark.....and in colors too. When he makes them get a blank (before their cut out) of each ramp, have him sign and date them and hang them on your wall. This is what they look like.

IMGA0255[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0256[1]_(resized).JPG

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If anyone can make the ramps it's Mark.....and in colors too. When he makes them get a blank (before their cut out) of each ramp, have him sign and date them and hang them on your wall. This is what they look like.

IMGA0255[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0256[1]_(resized).JPG

That's really awesome! I'd like to see an instructional video/page on how you made those.

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

That's really awesome! I'd like to see an instructional video/page on how you made those.

This ones for my Space Station and I just asked Mark (freeplay40) to sell me an uncut one along with a finished ramp. He was more then happy to do it. Mark (freeplay40) has made about 5 ramps now for different games. He's gooood.

#345 5 years ago

Awesome job Mark, love seeing the advancement of this project!

#346 5 years ago

I just found out I can import my futurepinball table into Blender!
This will make the transition to CAD quite a bit easier.
Just had to share.

Screenshot_17_(resized).jpg

#347 5 years ago

That looks sweet. Might have to look into that process for myself.

#348 5 years ago

Sweet, 3D render looks nice.

So Mark, can I ask you a question?

The pops seems super enclosed, they really don't seem to add much risk or random ball movement.

Given that, I'm just curious how you see them functioning on the table. Are they a part of the rules so that they just serve a different function? Or maybe there are paths out of them that I'm missing?

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sweet, 3D render looks nice.
So Mark, can I ask you a question?
The pops seems super enclosed, they really don't seem to add much risk or random ball movement.
Given that, I'm just curious how you see them functioning on the table. Are they a part of the rules so that they just serve a different function? Or maybe there are paths out of them that I'm missing?

The pops are where the toys are made!
There's a popup post at the top to get orbits to drop into the area.
It pops up when a mode requires you to collect pop hits (collect toys, gold, spinner multipliers, etc)
It's also a good place to send balls during a multiball.
Can exit out to left orbit or the inner orbit.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

The pops are where the toys are made!
There's a popup post at the top to get orbits to drop into the area.
It pops up when a mode requires you to collect pop hits (collect toys, gold, spinner multipliers, etc)
It's also a good place to send balls during a multiball.
Can exit out to left orbit or the inner orbit.

Gotcha, thanks.

There are 1,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside