wip (resized).png
more_work (resized).png
changes.png
F64F76F8-4BF6-41E3-B7E3-5BBC4196F78A.jpeg
shotmap_1.png
IMG_4997 (resized).JPG
A8FC0E36-D93A-4EE1-934C-1B2E8AD8E650 (resized).jpeg
too-high (resized).jpg

There are 1313 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

There is a list with the very first post covering what he has planned

Sorry, I totally missed it - LCD. Thank you.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I've learnt my lesson......how much for the finished proto type?

well, you can have it now for $1M - it's 95% ready for production, just needs ramps

#103 6 years ago

Seriously, this game needs to get made. Someone should see if getting a license would even be an option. It would be a home run for me.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sorry, I totally missed it - LCD. Thank you.

I really liked the Big Lebowski display. Wide, color - with dots.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from zero:

Seriously, this game needs to get made. Someone should see if getting a license would even be an option. It would be a home run for me.

The bill of materials might be too high on this. $1000 on circuit boards alone.
And, have you seen the price of bathtubs!?

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

well, you can have it now for $1M - it's 95% ready for production, just needs ramps

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Well, it's hard to think of anything else when the theme has been the inspiration for the past 2 years.
A bit stuck on the artist bit. I talked to Jeremy a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if license, time & $$ are a problem.

I heard there is some sweet Alice in Wonderland art already done that could be used

#108 6 years ago

I think you're doing it backwards. You need to do a bunch of art first, then figure out how to make the machine work.

Incredible work.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Added the RGB GI driven by a nano.

Pfft, a playfield sitting on a rotisserie? Clearly you know nothing about building a professional pinball. It needs to sit in a custom cabinet, with painted vents, and spiky leg bolts

Oh and don't forget to put lots of certification stickers on the cabinet before it's actually been tested, VERY IMPORTANT!

#110 6 years ago

Was at Mark's tonight to check out the progress and I came back with this for your viewing pleasure!!!

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Was at Mark's tonight to check out the progress and I came back with this for your viewing pleasure!!!
» YouTube video

Awesome.

#112 6 years ago

your viewing pleasure!!!

The pleasure is all on this side, trust me
office_space_pleasure.jpg

That layout is SICK!

#113 6 years ago

Looks like has great potential. Well done, like the layout, flow and a little stop and go.

#114 6 years ago

Very nice!! It looks like great fun so far!!! Congrats and looking forward to your continued journey.

#115 6 years ago

Bringing the flipped inlane/outlane from the early SS era on the right side is GENIUS! Nice work.

#116 6 years ago

Is that the pinball 5 second rule at 1:19?

#117 6 years ago

Are we going to be able to play this at expo this year?

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Is that the pinball 5 second rule at 1:19?

Why yes! Yes it was!

#119 6 years ago

Very very cool.

1 week later
#120 6 years ago

Working on some ideas for the display.

How's this look?

nbc.jpg

#121 6 years ago

That looks nice.
What's the app you're using for this?

#122 6 years ago

You seriously need to license this somehow and mass produce it with NBC art and sounds. It would sell a TON.

JJP, are you listening???

#123 6 years ago

I just grabbed the title from DVD cover. Scaled it down to 128x32. Then scaled to 2048x512 (no smoothing)
Then dropped a black hole mask on top. Will probably work the assets all at the low resolution then scale up 16x and apply the mask at render time.
Oh, forgot apps - msPaint and Photoshop.

#124 6 years ago

Found my mayor figure. He's got a rotating head which should work well with a micro servo.image.jpg

#125 6 years ago

Did you cnc the pf? The inserts look perfect

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Did you cnc the pf? The inserts look perfect

Thanks!
But nope, just used a router and a template. Just followed Josh/Rosh and other guys on the pinballcontrollers.com site.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Are we going to be able to play this at expo this year?

#128 6 years ago

Great job with what you have accomplished so far Mark and looking forward to seeing more. Also I have a add-on for Photoshop that can convert any image into DMD dots in one step. There are several options such as square or round dots as well as the size of the dots. Let me know your email address and I can send it to you.

7-29-2015 1-52-20 PM.png

7-29-2015 1-53-25 PM.png

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Great job with what you have accomplished so far Mark and looking forward to seeing more. Also I have a add-on for Photoshop that can convert any image into DMD dots in one step. There are several options such as square or round dots as well as the size of the dots. Let me know your email address and I can send it to you.
7-29-2015 1-52-20 PM.png
7-29-2015 1-53-25 PM.png

that is awesome!

#130 6 years ago

I want to get it in shape for expo. Anyone have a large oven (I can fit my ramps into) that I can borrow?

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I want to get it in shape for expo. Anyone have a large oven (I can fit my ramps into) that I can borrow?

SOME BODY GET THIS MAN AN OVEN!!!

#132 6 years ago

This project and the Archer project really makes me excited for the advancement in the DIY tools that are available for us now. Seriously amazing sir

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

My dad makes ramps. I am sure he would be willing to lend a hand. He has made the new clear ramps for High Speed, as well as ramps for Swords of Fury, Genesis, Space Station and others.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

This project and the Archer project really makes me excited for the advancement in the DIY tools that are available for us now. Seriously amazing sir

Right? That ball lock mech on archer is pretty freakin cool.

#135 6 years ago

WOW. That is an amazing feat, to do what you have done already. Good luck with this venture

#136 6 years ago

Idea for match animation: Instead of the girl pulling out a shrunken head from the gift box, have it pull out the replay #. Could also be used for "extra ball" animation.

2 weeks later
#137 6 years ago

Weekly bump to keep this thread alive!

#138 6 years ago

I will take LE #001.

#139 6 years ago

Keep er going buddy!!!!!!!

#140 6 years ago

Umm this looks pretty amazing. It needs to happen. I'd preorder and I never buy new.

#141 6 years ago

Hey Stern give this guy a job!

#143 6 years ago

What a lovely theme!

#144 6 years ago

Custom shooter rod's going to be Jack Skellington's head, right?

#145 6 years ago

Just found this thread - awesome work.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I will take LE #001.

You'll have to take #002. I already claimed the first game in post #20!

#147 6 years ago

Very Nice Work

#149 6 years ago

Ok, how many am I making? I think I'll focus on getting this ONE done for now.
Don't even want to think about finding the parts. Maybe Scott's hoarding them

Making good progress on the programming side. Got all this roughed in, some complete.
Combo system in place. Shot Multipliers. Skill shots.
Add-a-ball, mystery prizes.
7 character modes and a mini wiz
6 oogie modes and a mini wiz
7 holiday modes and a mini wiz
Several MBs in there.
MBs can be stacked - one mode from each of these can be running together.
Complete the 3 mini wiz modes for the Ultimate wiz mode.

Hope to get some video together this weekend.

#150 6 years ago

Nice rules set so far Mark! Are you creating the assets along the way or are going to rough in the rules and then concentrate on the sound and animations? It will be really fun exploring those color choices with your lighting! Very exciting project! Thanks for sharing your journey.

There are 1313 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside