75180746-300A-4E66-BB9D-17B990715AC8 (resized).jpeg
chachachachanges.png
walkway (resized).jpg
rocks (resized).jpg
wip (resized).png
more_work (resized).png
changes.png
F64F76F8-4BF6-41E3-B7E3-5BBC4196F78A.jpeg
There are 1,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 27.
#851 6 years ago

Things are progressing well on the re-assembly.
I'm going to start gently screwing things back into the playfield tonight. More cabinet painting too.

BUT, it will be a stretch though, to get it all ready for Expo this year. Everything takes twice as long as expected.

#852 6 years ago

More paint.

IMG_4136.JPGIMG_4136.JPG

IMG_4140.JPGIMG_4140.JPG

#853 6 years ago

I like how both sides are different.

#854 6 years ago

This is one of the best pins I've seen. I can't wait to see the finished product and wish I could buy it. I wish they all were done like this.

#855 6 years ago

Taste level at 11.

#856 6 years ago

Glitter in the paint or just wet? Either way it looks amazing.

#857 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Glitter in the paint or just wet? Either way it looks amazing.

That would have been cool!
But no, just wet.

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I like how both sides are different.

Is it a Christmas pin or a Hallowe'en pin?

#860 6 years ago

This is a perfect example of how a little can go a long way. There's no reason to crowd up the cabinet artwork. This is tasteful, true to the theme and looks amazing.

#861 6 years ago

Trying to remember where everything goes!

IMG_4145.JPGIMG_4145.JPG

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Trying to remember where everything goes!

This is one case where I think Titan orange rings would accent the playfield theme well. White (representing Christmas) would be too much. I'd keep the posts black, though. This project is such a showpiece, I bet you could get Titan to sponsor it with free rings if you put a card with it at expo.

Titan_Orange_Single 2 1-2 ID-800x800 (resized).jpgTitan_Orange_Single 2 1-2 ID-800x800 (resized).jpg

#863 6 years ago

I can't wait to see a video of this pin in action!

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is one case where I think Titan orange rings would accent the playfield theme well. White (representing Christmas) would be too much. I'd keep the posts black, though. This project is such a showpiece, I bet you could get Titan to sponsor it with free rings if you put a card with it at expo.

I was just going to comment the same thing but you beat me to it. Orange would be outstanding on this machine.

#865 6 years ago

Titan should give him quite a lot more than free rings if he puts a card on this game- this is an amazing art piece!

That play field looks better and better every time I see it!

#866 6 years ago

I wasn't sure about the playfield art when I first saw this project but it looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see it fully populated.

#867 6 years ago

So many pieces!

IMG_4150.JPGIMG_4150.JPG

#868 6 years ago

Christmas side almost done. Some touch ups needed here and there.

IMG_4154.JPGIMG_4154.JPG

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Christmas side almost done. Some touch ups needed here and there.

When this gets picked up and licensed to produce, please insist on screened cabinet art. The complementary simplicity of both the cabinet sides is perfection.

#870 6 years ago

The autre side needs more details orange/brown highlights.

IMG_2721.JPGIMG_2721.JPG

#871 6 years ago

I envy your craftsmanship. Bravo!

#872 6 years ago

I just spent over an hour reading this thread....simply amazing what you are doing. Kudos!

#873 6 years ago

Looking amazing Mark

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I just spent over an hour reading this thread....simply amazing what you are doing. Kudos!

GREAT avatar.

#875 6 years ago

WHOA. Now this is a pin I would buy new in box

#876 6 years ago

Hallowe'en side - done?

IMG_4158.JPGIMG_4158.JPG

#877 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Hallowe'en side - done?

Looks rad!

#878 6 years ago

May be hard to tell, but, progress.

IMG_4159.JPGIMG_4159.JPG

#879 6 years ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

May be hard to tell, but, progress.

What a mess.....and you don't even have the insert light wiring on yet.

#881 6 years ago

You know what you're doing. This is not a "one-off" or "home brew"...this is a professional level pin. I would buy this. I expect this to be picked up. If not...I am jealous of the person who will own this (even if it's you).

#882 6 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You know what you're doing. This is not a "one-off" or "home brew"...this is a professional level pin. I would buy this. I expect this to be picked up. If not...I am jealous of the person who will own this (even if it's you).

Perfect theme for Spooky Pinball to pick up but the build cost would be way more and they would have to break their $6k price mould and bring it up to maybe $8 or $10k but if thye did a limited run of 300 like RZ then they would fly off the shelf. I want 002 Actually I'd trade my RZ for NBX 002

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Perfect theme for Spooky Pinball to pick up but the build cost would be way more and they would have to break their $6k price mould and bring it up to maybe $8 or $10k but if thye did a limited run of 300 like RZ then they would fly off the shelf. I want 002 Actually I'd trade my RZ for NBX 002

BUT! Can they get the license for it and how much (if they could get it) cost? That's the big question. And what if the license holder doesn't like it and demands changes be made? All kinds of business hoops to jump through if it's to be mass produced.

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What a mess.....and you don't even have the insert light wiring on yet.

Spent a couple more hours on it tonight. Soldering iron out, reorganizing and reconnecting wires - it's getting a bit better.
There's just too much stuff!

#885 6 years ago

A few things for tomorrow:
1. Hook up the new ramp and orbit diverter coils (coils will be done!)
2. Screw down the 60 insert LEDs and reconnect the harnesses.
3. Add 2 new GI LEDs to the chain.
4. Add 5v to end of LED chain.
5. Connect pop LEDs
6. Cut subway switch hole.
7. Attach remaining switches. ~6
8. Solder optos on topside. (14)

#886 6 years ago

Looks great !!!!.

#887 6 years ago

Stunning.

#888 6 years ago

Artisian pinball is alive and well.

#889 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

BUT! Can they get the license for it and how much (if they could get it) cost? That's the big question. And what if the license holder doesn't like it and demands changes be made? All kinds of business hoops to jump through if it's to be mass produced.

Ya true unfortunately. For the licencor to accept the machine as is would be unlikely.

#890 6 years ago

looking like an honest to goodness pinball machine! Great work, great determination, amazing results so far!!

-Jim

#891 6 years ago

The can't wait to see this completed. I get excited each time I see new posts in this thread... Keep up the good work!

#892 6 years ago

Got theses done:
2. Screw down the 60 insert LEDs and reconnect the harnesses.
3. Add 2 new GI LEDs to the chain.
6. Cut subway switch hole.

IMG_4160.JPGIMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4161.JPGIMG_4161.JPG

#893 6 years ago

So once youre all said and done. If some one offered you 15k, would you take it? Or would it take more like 20?

#894 6 years ago

Can you tell me what those LEDs are you're using? Did they come with connectors or did you add them?
Thanks,
-Jim

#895 6 years ago

Wow, This looks like a production piece, great job!

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Can you tell me what those LEDs are you're using? Did they come with connectors or did you add them?
Thanks,
-Jim

I'm using the FAST LEDs for the inserts.
I soldered on the 6 pin connectors (2X3) - some straight, several 90 degree for tight spaces.
They are joined with these:
https://www.pololu.com/product/1911
https://www.pololu.com/category/71/wires-with-pre-crimped-terminals

The GI, I'm using RGB xmas lights, like these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017HAWXF0/ref=s9_acsd_simh_hd_bw_b13tYN_c_x_w

#897 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So once youre all said and done. If some one offered you 15k, would you take it? Or would it take more like 20?

That's an interesting question.
Not sure I could part with it even for 20K. There's actual blood, sweat and tears embedded in it!
Hmm, maybe that just lowered the price!

#898 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

That's an interesting question.
Not sure I could part with it even for 20K. There's actual blood, sweat and tears embedded in it!
Hmm, maybe that just lowered the price!

My girlfriend loves this and wasn't grasping that we couldn't buy one as it's 1 of 1. I said "he probably wouldn't sell it for $25,000 given all the time and money he has in it. At least I wouldn't!"

#899 6 years ago

How did you decide what coil size to use? That decision has always baffled me with homebrews

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

How did you decide what coil size to use? That decision has always baffled me with homebrews

I just looked at what was used on similar games from the 90s.
I went with rather strong flippers - 11629. I can easily tone them done with shorter pulse times in the software.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

There are 1,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nightmare-before-christmas/page/18?hl=slcpunk2113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.