75180746-300A-4E66-BB9D-17B990715AC8 (resized).jpeg
chachachachanges.png
walkway (resized).jpg
rocks (resized).jpg
wip (resized).png
more_work (resized).png
changes.png
F64F76F8-4BF6-41E3-B7E3-5BBC4196F78A.jpeg
There are 1,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.
#751 6 years ago

Really fantastic Mark! Great stuff.

#752 6 years ago

That looks great, especially considering there is no white. looks like the scale/fit is really good. Man that has to be exciting!

-Jim

#753 6 years ago

More vivid with white background.

IMG_3908.JPGIMG_3908.JPG

IMG_3911.JPGIMG_3911.JPG

IMG_3909.JPGIMG_3909.JPG

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

For comparison reference: the Full Throttle art PSDs that I worked on, at 300dpi CYMK and a very close equivalent playfield size (23 x 46 inches), maxed out at around 600+Mb with all the layers and elements separated

Alien playfield with layers is 3.5 gigs.

Looking killer Mark!

#755 6 years ago

Nice, looks like everything lined up pretty good.

#756 6 years ago

I wonder how much the NBC license would be....

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I wonder how much the NBC license would be....

Seriously, this is one of my all time favorite movies. Would love to have this pin.

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Seriously, this is one of my all time favorite movies. Would love to have this pin.

Honestly, the over saturation of this movie has caused me to lose interest in it. There is literally SO much crap that they slap this movie on at hot topic and spencers, etc, it gets a little annoying. I like the movie, but with it being everywhere I grew to dislike it a little.

I could care less about the theme though, I just love the playfield layout on this one. Looks WOZ jammed packed, maybe even more. This would easily be a 9-10k production machine.

#759 6 years ago

Looks great!!!

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Alien playfield with layers is 3.5 gigs.
Looking killer Mark!

Goes to show you more isn't better...

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Honestly, the over saturation of this movie has caused me to lose interest in it. There is literally SO much crap that they slap this movie on at hot topic and spencers, etc, it gets a little annoying. I like the movie, but with it being everywhere I grew to dislike it a little.

Not me, I think this a great theme that Mark is finally giving it's just due.

#762 6 years ago

I don't mind the critiques - some of it is very helpful and ends up improving things, but let's try to keep it positive and about NBX in here. Plenty of other threads to discuss the other games.

#763 6 years ago

More progress pics of the ramps.
Needed some minor adjustments here and there - making ramps is hard. But seem to fit well now.

The printer (signature graphics) had an issue with their print head - so art delayed a bit.

Will be cleaning up and sealing the playfield this weekend.

IMG_3922.JPGIMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3923.JPGIMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3929.JPGIMG_3929.JPG

#764 6 years ago

Ramps are looking great! this loos like a table that will be very fun to shoot. Out of curiosity... how tall off the playfield does that right ramp go, in the pictures it looks like 8 to 10 inches... but maybe its more like 5? So much going on it looks very cool.

-Jim

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Ramps are looking great! this loos like a table that will be very fun to shoot. Out of curiosity... how tall off the playfield does that right ramp go, in the pictures it looks like 8 to 10 inches... but maybe its more like 5? So much going on it looks very cool.
-Jim

It's a weird angle shot. The top of the back wall is only around 5 inches.

#766 6 years ago

3 coats of clear today. More tomorrow.

IMG_3945 (resized).JPGIMG_3945 (resized).JPG

#767 6 years ago

My mind is blown......this is amazing work!!

#768 6 years ago

Very cool!

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

More progress pics of the ramps.
Needed some minor adjustments here and there - making ramps is hard. But seem to fit well now.
The printer (signature graphics) had an issue with their print head - so art delayed a bit.
Will be cleaning up and sealing the playfield this weekend.

Shaweeeet!

Are you going to powder coat the ramps, or something cool?

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Shaweeeet!
Are you going to powder coat the ramps, or something cool?

Glow in the dark powdercoated ramps would be awesome. White normally, glowing when in "dark" game modes.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/colors/PPB-4617/GLOWBEE-CLEAR/

#771 6 years ago

Good: My print's ready.
Very Good: My friend Bruce at Signature Graphics discounted it to $60! (for 2 tests and a final!)
Sad: I can't pick them up because - work today and Pinburgh for 5 days.
Consolation: Gives clear coat more time to cure!

So, come Monday I will get the print and see about it becoming one with the playfield.

Hope to put in more time on ramp cleanup tonight.

Also planning out my half-ramp consolation multiball mode. 10 failed ramp shots...

#772 6 years ago

Will you be bringing this to Expo this year? Last couple of years this has been the highlight of my expo expereince.

#773 6 years ago

My favorite thread on Pinside. I remember chiming in about dream themes and this is the one I mentioned so weird to see it in real life. The ramps are out of this world. Your vision surpassed all of my expectations for this theme. Fantastic work.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

Will you be bringing this to Expo this year? Last couple of years this has been the highlight of my expo expereince.

Thanks, that's nice to hear!
Hope to be reassembling in a couple of weeks. Completed for Expo is the goal.

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Thanks, that's nice to hear!
Hope to be reassembling in a couple of weeks. Completed for Expo is the goal.

Can't wait.

#776 6 years ago

Prints turned out really nice.
Time to trim some holes and stick it down.

IMG_3964 (resized).JPGIMG_3964 (resized).JPG

IMG_3969 (resized).JPGIMG_3969 (resized).JPG

IMG_3968 (resized).JPGIMG_3968 (resized).JPG

IMG_3971 (resized).JPGIMG_3971 (resized).JPG

IMG_3973 (resized).JPGIMG_3973 (resized).JPG

#777 6 years ago

It looks great!

#779 6 years ago

Looking sharp!

#780 6 years ago

Amazing, nearly make me wants to go to Expo just to play this

#781 6 years ago

looks great, beautiful work

#782 6 years ago

Just checking in, haven't followed anything since last expo. looks awesome.

will there be a black light for oogie boogie?

-c

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Just checking in, haven't followed anything since last expo. looks awesome.
will there be a black light for oogie boogie?
-c

Haven't gotten to that bit yet. Started working on ideas for servos and the sculpt months ago, but then switched back to the art and metal work. I may just stick a figurine on there if I run out of time.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Haven't gotten to that bit yet. Started working on ideas for servos and the sculpt months ago, but then switched back to the art and metal work. I may just stick a figurine on there if I run out of time.

Will you have it playable with code at expo, or are you not there yet?

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

maybe black light reactive stickers on the walls of the ramps? if you did black light reactive ink on the pf it may get negated by the clear coat (if I learned anything from the predator disaster). the black light look in that portion of the movie would be really cool to re-create.

-c

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Will you have it playable with code at expo, or are you not there yet?

It was playable last year! I just need to put it all back together!

#787 6 years ago

Thank-you Mark so impressed with what you've achieved.
Hopefully it will inspire others to build a unique
game and not just a rethemed game we've all played before.
Double thumbs up!!

#788 6 years ago

As much as I love the Nightmare Before Christmas, seeing how nicely this is coming together almost makes me wish it wasn't a theme that requires a license. Seeing the route that TNA has wen't, I'd love to see this game be available to more people. I don't make it to shows often, so I doubt I'll ever get to play it, and that makes me sad.

#789 6 years ago

How do you plan to make the cuts? I tried on an overlay I did and it did not work so well for me. I'd take any advice on it at this point.

#790 6 years ago

Can't get my girlfriend to give a shit about any pinball machine, except this one, that I can't buy. Looks awesome, great work!

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How do you plan to make the cuts? I tried on an overlay I did and it did not work so well for me. I'd take any advice on it at this point.

I'm using a sharp scissors and exacto knife. I'm only cutting where I have to - around big holes, switch holes, shooter lane.
Seems to be working ok.
Haven't stuck it down yet though - "I think I'm a bit afraid."

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

I'm using a sharp scissors and exacto knife. I'm only cutting where I have to - around big holes, switch holes, shooter lane.
Seems to be working ok.
Haven't stuck it down yet though - "I think I'm a bit afraid."

My main issue was not being able to freehand cut a circle very well. At times the ends wouldn't meet up as well as they could have and I would have this hangnail of vinyl that didn't really want to sit flat. I never stuck it down, just rolled it back up. I need to finish the project though, some day.

1 week later
#793 6 years ago

some good news everybody!

I've been held up on getting the playfield done - I was trying to get our local playfield refinisher pro, but he's been away on vacation for a few weeks. People still get vacations? "There's no vacations in pinball."

But anyhow, my buddy DNA came through and found me someone to spray the clear coat!
We did a test - ink is good, no runs. A light sanding with 800 gives good adhesion with no visible scratches.

So, a quick polish with 800, clean with solvent, lay down the vinyl, a light scuffing, clean again, and clear!

wish us luck!

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

some good news everybody!
I've been held up on getting the playfield done - I was trying to get our local playfield refinisher pro, but he's been away on vacation for a few weeks. People still get vacations? "There's no vacations in pinball."
But anyhow, my buddy DNA came through and found me someone to spray the clear coat!
We did a test - ink is good, no runs. A light sanding with 800 gives good adhesion with no visible scratches.
So, a quick polish with 800, clean with solvent, lay down the vinyl, a light scuffing, clean again, and clear!
wish us luck!

Good luck! Can't wait to see it!

#795 6 years ago

Surface sanded.
Vinyl trimmed.
Tired now, leaving the sticky stuff for tomorrow.

IMG_4017.JPGIMG_4017.JPG

#796 6 years ago

Looks pretty Bad Ass to me! Thank you for intensifiying Pinball.

#797 6 years ago

Much, much awesomeness! Looking fantastic!

#798 6 years ago

Sweet looking!

#799 6 years ago

Jeff grinding some edges.

IMG_4021.JPGIMG_4021.JPG

IMG_4025.JPGIMG_4025.JPG

#800 6 years ago

What the plan with the ramps? What kind of finishing you will used? Raw steel, paint, powder coat, chrome...

I'm really impresse with your work, i would like to have all the skill necessairy to do somethijg like that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nightmare-before-christmas/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.