Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by AkumaZeto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I just got two of these, apparently the scammers are checking out the FS ads and signing up.
    Mods please retire this account.

Pinsider vera2008 has sent you a message via PinsideMail™:

veradesmondv@--------
    Good day my dearest,.
    My name is Vera Desmond,a black girl from Rwanda. I found your contact
    address and I’m sincerely interested to become your friend,please ,
    I’m sure we will make a fruitful relationship even if we may have
    different race, religion and languages. please I want you to reply me and i
    will also tell you more about myself if you accept. please i will like you
    to reply me in this email address [email protected]
    God bless you and have a nice moment.
    new friend,.
    Vera Desmond.

#2 10 years ago

Maybe she just likes your style.

#3 10 years ago

yep, got two as well, hit report as spam

#4 10 years ago

Just got it as well

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, when you get something like that hit the "report as spam" button and it will help quickly get rid of them.

#6 10 years ago

Wow! You guys are so jaded. It's not like she's asked you to launder any money...yet.

#7 10 years ago

So, my email just got flooded with spam alert posts from everyone that reported it, which means that I was able to click my special magic spam button and make Vera go away. Sorry for those of you that wanted to pursue a "fruitful relationship" with her.

#8 10 years ago

maybe it's a teenage girl

#9 10 years ago

Just for the record, I recv'd 2 PM's from Vera also.
    She must really like us Pinsiders.
    ...and she is not a racist. She does not mind it if I am not black.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I just got two of these, apparently the scammers are checking out the FS ads and signing up.
    Mods please retire this account.
    veradesmondv@--------
    Good day my dearest,.
    My name is Vera Desmond,a black girl from Rwanda. I found your contact
    address and I’m sincerely interested to become your friend,please ,
    I’m sure we will make a fruitful relationship even if we may have
    different race, religion and languages. please I want you to reply me and i
    will also tell you more about myself if you accept. please i will like you
    to reply me in this email address [email protected]
    new friend,.
    Vera Desmond.

She must know how charming you are....

#11 10 years ago

On the bright side, Pinside has managed to attract another woman (well, an alleged woman, at any rate)!

#12 10 years ago

Just how are young people supposed to hookup these days anyways if the old folks keep butting in?

First there was a young lad looking for some hot teen chicks and that thread got shut downbefore the rest of us old guys could post our thoughts and encouragement. Now this young girl wants to just meet some guys. Pins is really bringing people together.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Now this young girl wants to just meet some guys.

I'm single. Where's my PM from Vera?

#14 10 years ago

Vera, Vera....what has become of you. Does anyone else here feel...the way I do. Can you guess the group who sings this?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

She must know how charming you are....

I am a big hit in Nigeria, doctors, barristers, women whose husbands were killed by chickens in coops.
    I am one of the few that is trusted enough to handle large sums of cash and have received many blessings and offers of marriage.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I sent her five grand western union. She's coming to the USA to marry me and make me the happiest man ever.

LTG : )

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

Vera, Vera....what has become of you. Does anyone else here feel...the way I do. Can you guess the group who sings this?

PINK FLOYD

#18 10 years ago

I got three of them

#19 10 years ago

That s anything ... now scammers are even on Pinside ...

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I sent her five grand western union. She's coming to the USA to marry me and make me the happiest man ever.

Hahaha!!!! You lucky Dog,You beat me to it.......

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

dejavu

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I got three of them

Some guys have all the luck.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The last time you tried this you shipped her your Wizard of Oz pinball and never heard from her again.

#24 10 years ago

I just moved a pin out and now have some room for her in my pinball dungeon. Sorry, sorry everyone. I keep forgetting I am supposed to keep those thoughts to myself.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I just moved a pin out and now have some room for her in my pinball dungeon. Sorry, sorry everyone. I keep forgetting I am supposed to keep those thoughts to myself.

Naughty naughty ....

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

Naughty naughty ....

Hilarious! Maybe she could hold your beer while you're playing, or learn how to shop your pins.

#27 10 years ago

Well, I wont share my beer with her so she better like Shasta. Where is Patty J when you need her?

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

So, my email just got flooded with spam alert posts from everyone that reported it, which means that I was able to click my special magic spam button and make Vera go away. Sorry for those of you that wanted to pursue a "fruitful relationship" with her.

OMG a special magic spam button...... What colour is it? Is it led?

#29 10 years ago

Add me to the list; I got six of the same messages. That's what I get for being a post whore . . . I get spammed by Nigerian bot programs.

#30 10 years ago

She spammed that same message to several other forums starting 3 days ago.

#31 10 years ago

Rhianna is getting jealous.

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

new friend,.
    Vera Desmond.

Disappointing ..... have a nice moment, why not a little longer ...

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Fairground:

OMG a special magic spam button...... What colour is it? Is it led?

It is a color-changing super bright LED. And Vera has poofed away so you all can just delete her messages instead of hitting the spam button now. She apparently got about 24 of you per my email alerts.
    Sadly, she apparently didnt want me.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

NOOOOO! She was my friend!

#35 10 years ago

I guess she's only interested on how big your collection is. I didn't an email from her. Truly, a sad day this is.

#36 10 years ago

She didn't spam me. Kind of surprised by that.

#37 10 years ago

I though I had someone wanting to come over and play some naked pinball

#38 10 years ago

nope nothing, and now shes gone.... ah man, no justice in this world.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Turboderf:

I though I had someone wanting to come over and play some naked pinball

Well you'd be naked when she runs off with your clothes and wallet.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

She didn't spam me. Kind of surprised by that.

I am disappointed she didn't spam me. I bet we would have been besties.

#41 10 years ago

Bitch please!

Rihanna's the only black chick I'd get down with.

#42 10 years ago

She just wants to get a hand on your pin!

#43 10 years ago

I hate to say it but a co-worker of mine actually fell for this love scam... He sent her money and she sent back even more for good faith, next thing you know he had a bank loan for 10K to help get her out of customs problems (she had a billion in gold) just needed a little help with the taxes... She was apparently a princess and her dad was going to fund the wedding himself...

#44 10 years ago

I have proposed marriage and Vera said YES !

Thread closed, please back away from my future wife.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from coz6:

I hate to say it but a co-worker of mine actually fell for this love scam... He sent her money and she sent back even more for good faith, next thing you know he had a bank loan for 10K to help get her out of customs problems (she had a billion in gold) just needed a little help with the taxes... She was apparently a princess and her dad was going to fund the wedding himself...

lol oh pinside!

#46 10 years ago

ask her for nude photos to "prove" her love.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from coz6:

On the Russian forums they call them fat Yuris. Usually a man.

When they are going to come to your country, a day or two before something always comes up. Need money to bribe an official, passport not right, visa needs something.

Study up on immigration stuff. In a poor country you can not go to a US Consulate and just get a visa. And you have to have property or money there to go back to. The US wants to be sure they are going back. Children left behind aren't enough, some women will abandon their children.

It's amazing how rampant this is. Readers Digest had an article about one small eastern block city that was the scam capitol of the world. Small town and had three Mercedes dealerships.

Anytime you see a post or get an email, copy part of it and do a search on Google and see how many hits you get.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

On the Russian forums they call them fat Yuris. Usually a man.
    When they are going to come to your country, a day or two before something always comes up. Need money to bribe an official, passport not right, visa needs something.
    Study up on immigration stuff. In a poor country you can not go to a US Consulate and just get a visa. And you have to have property or money there to go back to. The US wants to be sure they are going back. Children left behind aren't enough, some women will abandon their children.
    It's amazing how rampant this is. Readers Digest had an article about one small eastern block city that was the scam capitol of the world. Small town and had three Mercedes dealerships.
    Anytime you see a post or get an email, copy part of it and do a search on Google and see how many hits you get.

Someone's been burned on this before

#49 10 years ago

I actually know a guy who did the Russian bride thing for real.
    Not a good friend but an acquaintance.
    He met her a couple times over there and the married her and brought her home.
    That was about 15 years ago now.
    Not sure about all the details, but they seem to be happy.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Someone's been burned on this before

Not me. Lots of people have.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nigerians-are-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.