Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by stretch2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Metallica.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Finally got our two NIBs from Stern today!

Thanks to Jody, John, and Gary for everything they've done for my family...and especially Zach!

Now at a high water mark of 4 pins and thinking I'll add a 5th in the next couple weeks. The 'bug' has bitten me hard!

Already put the first mod on the Met Pro, and now I need to do the bell mod on the ACDC Pro tomorrow.

image.jpg image.jpg Metallica.jpg

#2 5 years ago

Congrats on your new machines!!

#3 5 years ago

priceless photos. good stuff

#4 5 years ago

Yep.........the bug bit ya good! Congrates !

#6 5 years ago

So, does one shirt say AC/DC and the other Metallica?

#7 5 years ago

2 pins in one day...not sure I could handle that kind of excitement. Congrats...both fantastic games

#8 5 years ago

Awesome, they look good kids must love them......good way of passing that addictive bug on haha

#11 5 years ago

Congrats, enjoy the pins, 2 great additions there! I enjoy ACDC and Met both very much!

#12 5 years ago

Very Nice pair of pins
give it a couple of weeks i bet you can knock some off your wishlist also

#13 5 years ago

Now if I could just figure out how to rotate that last photo so people didn't need to crank their necks to look at it.

Thanks to Pinball Life for the great side rails!

#14 5 years ago

nice collection!

#15 5 years ago

Why stop at 5? Looks like you got room for at least 10 in there! I mean...why not go big, right?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Now if I could just figure out how to rotate that last photo so people didn't need to crank their necks to look at it.
Thanks to Pinball Life for the great side rails!

When posting pic go to preview first and use the rotating icon at the bottom, then close picture and this should adjust the picture to where you last left it.......and bam its fixed, do it on your pc.

#17 5 years ago

What are those large pads you have on the feet? Some kind of carpet protector?

#18 5 years ago

I have to know- Did you tell your one son to throw up the horns or did he do it on his own?

Congrats!

#19 5 years ago

That's a great collection you have there! Just have to get a GnR, and you'll have all the best music pins covered.

#20 5 years ago

That pic of the boys playin pinball is great. I can sense the enthusiasm. Priceless photo.

Cheers!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

What are those large pads you have on the feet? Some kind of carpet protector?

Yep. They're carpet sliders, and they make moving pins around our basement an absolute breeze. I can slide them myself without much effort, and the indents on the carpet are greatly minimized.

Here's the link to the ones I bought at Amazon:

amazon.com link »

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I have to know- Did you tell your one son to throw up the horns or did he do it on his own?
Congrats!

That was all him. He's a bit of a ham when it comes to pics. My youngest (the one playing pinball) needed to be told to throw 'em up.

#23 5 years ago

Well played sir, well played!! Thanks for the pics as well put a smile on my face to see that.

#24 5 years ago

Screwed up trying to edit one of the images that was rotated 90 degrees. Let's see if this works.

Edit: Oh for the love of all that's holy! Any chance a moderator could fix this? Tried to re-add it correctly to the original post, without any luck. Sorry all. Image is fine on my PC, but it might have something to do with me taking it with an iPad. It's happened before.

// Error: Image 121652 not found //

#25 5 years ago

I think you need to turn the volume up higher!

Enjoy the new pins.

#26 5 years ago

Here ya go...you spin me right round...

image.jpg

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Yep. They're carpet sliders, and they make moving pins around our basement an absolute breeze. I can slide them myself without much effort, and the indents on the carpet are greatly minimized.

These are great...I have a couple sets myself

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Here ya go...you spin me right round...

Thanks for that! If I could give you a couple "thumbs up" I would!

#29 5 years ago

Great pic of the kids. Thanks for sharing.

#30 5 years ago

Kids having a great time. Really made my day. Thank you.

LTG : )

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Screwed up trying to edit one of the images that was rotated 90 degrees. Let's see if this works.
Edit: Oh for the love of all that's holy! Any chance a moderator could fix this? Tried to re-add it correctly to the original post, without any luck. Sorry all. Image is fine on my PC, but it might have something to do with me taking it with an iPad. It's happened before.

Is a common bug, paint wont fix the problem, you need a program that edit the Metadata of the picture, Photoshop for example, but the cheap one that should have come with your camera will do the trick.

Btw congrats on the pins, the smile on the face or your kids, (and the father) worth it.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Any chance a moderator could fix this?

Your wish is my command.

#33 5 years ago

Nice line up of music pins... however, you need to raise the ceiling up to get your Tommy topper on.

#34 5 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words, my fellow pinsiders (from pinheads to mods)!

It was a very special day when the pins arrived, and my boys were psyched. Though now I think they're spending more time with the boxes than the pins themselves, but that's ok. Gives me and their mom more time on the pins.

And for all the negativity that is sometimes thrown at Stern, they went over the top for us. We've been to the factory 3 times in the past couple months, and John and Jody have really been great to my boys. My youngest (playing Metallica in the pic) is battling cancer, and when we're at the factory, John and Jody take my boys back into the design offices (without us) and show them what's next, show them schematics, and they get to talk to Lyman, Steve, and everyone else in the "super secret" offices (and always give them some cool swag). Great people!

Anyhoo...Have room in the budget for one more NIB (Pro level) pin, but the Stern rumor mill has my head spinning right round, baby, right round (see what I did there)!

#35 5 years ago

Thats fantastic!! Congrats...wow two in one day and great pins as well.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

And for all the negativity that is sometimes thrown at Stern, they went over the top for us. We've been to the factory 3 times in the past couple months, and John and Jody have really been great to my boys. My youngest (playing Metallica in the pic) is battling cancer, and when we're at the factory, John and Jody take my boys back into the design offices (without us) and show them what's next, show them schematics, and they get to talk to Lyman, Steve, and everyone else in the "super secret" offices (and always give them some cool swag). Great people!

I've been to the factory a couple times to pick up games, and they have always been really cool to me. The last time I was there, Gomez gave us a personal tour and talked with us about Avengers for half an hour.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Anyhoo...Have room in the budget for one more NIB (Pro level) pin, but the Stern rumor mill has my head spinning right round, baby, right round (see what I did there)!

Well played, sir

#38 5 years ago

Congratulations !

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

but the Stern rumor mill has my head spinning right round, baby, right round (see what I did there)

...hinting about an Exorcist pin??

#40 5 years ago

Nice pics.Thank you to share with us...2 Nib the same day, you are crazy like us

I love the pic with your 2 boys...they are in the game ^^

#41 5 years ago

Awesome, nice to see the kids into playing pinball.

#42 5 years ago

Future generation of Pinball Wizards !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 25.50
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Harvey, ND
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Warren, MI
$ 295.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 35.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside