43%
  • Other 41 votes
    17%

(241 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

02b6183cf34be3693191e8be47d797d1fb4adb56_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

I think there is plenty of buyers for a VE that is the same as the original pro. Stern doesnt need to add any extras. Just make the same game and slap a "VE" behind the name.

I would think they need to add the ramp lighting, especially if there is to be a substantial price increase over the last pro run. The game pretty well blows without it anyway and there's no guarantee that the aftermarket lighting kits will be available for a VE run. I personally would have zero interest without lit ramps (not saying I would buy a VE either way). The LE and premium model is that playfield features are same on both (I consider the lit ramps to be a feature) and just bling/different art packages are what makes it an LE. The problem for Tron is that the art is the same and the only bling was the chrome armor and that could be added to a pro pretty easy. So the playfield features is essentially what keeps it limited. Just so I don't get skewered by LE owners, I'm just bringing this up for the purpose of discussion, not in any attempt to push for devaluing your games.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That's a bit harsh. The game play is fine.

Nah. Its just my opinion....of course.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ummm, no, and no.....TRON never made a premium, and the PRO guys have to mod their machines quite a bit ( successfully, I might add ) with substantial $$$ in mods ( beyond chrome armor) to get an LE type experience.
And I don't think the guys that have the modded PROS or LE's ( me) get offended with this ...we already have what we want...why should it matter...a TRONve will NEVER be an LE ( and slim to none it even gets made in any form)....out of this thread...Ill wait 2 weeks and post in the next one ( bored, I guess)....

Umm..You need to re-read my post. I think you may have skimmed it at best. We agree!! They only made an LE and pro model. Where did I say they made a premium?? I did say the premium model, generically speaking, typically has the same playfield features as the LE. I could also care less if they make a VE since I'm not likely to purchase one, but man, you LE guys get fired up over this sort of thing. Truth is that Stern is either going to make the VE or not. We don't get to decide, so this just a dicussion among enthusiasts.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Apologize if I misinterpreted ...not my intent....and I truly don't get " fired up" at all ( truth)...it's just the redundancy of topic, and people wanting a BIBLE VE for 5k ( analogy) that just gets weary after time.....all good in tronland....

I hear yah MK6PIN. The good news is that we are both looking forward to Heighway's Alien and hopefully seeing a flipable prototype real soon. At that point all this VE flap will be placed properly on the back burner. We're just killing time right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-ve-lotr-vs-tron?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.