43%
  • Other 41 votes
    17%

(241 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

02b6183cf34be3693191e8be47d797d1fb4adb56_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago

i never said Stern will sell the "premium" rerun at the original price, it ll sell at SMVE price at least
at the end it s just speculation from everyone, and mine is to get back a brand new Tron LE cheaper than the current market price, and it ll be profitable for stern as well :p

#52 8 years ago

It's funny, so many people were "in" on a spidey run again till they saw the price tag.

I bought one, I'm calling the majority of you out for being posers.

Can't wait to see the new TRON run and see all the so said buyers back out. All talk and no substance.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

i never said Stern will sell the "premium" rerun at the original price, it ll sell at SMVE price at least
at the end it s just speculation from everyone, and mine is to get back a brand new Tron LE cheaper than the current market price, and it ll be profitable for stern as well :p

There never was a "premium"'so your thinking is flawed.

#54 8 years ago

the one i got was bought from someone who got it nib, and "premium" was mentionned on the stern box
unless i remenber it wrong : /

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Raknitz:

the one i got was bought from someone who got it nib, and "premium" was mentionned on the stern box
unless i remenber it wrong : /

Yeah, all the LE's said premium on the box, it was a trick!

#56 8 years ago

I would have to buy a Tron premium with fiber optics.......That is a pin I would pay the premium for.

#57 8 years ago

Batman is next VE

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's funny, so many people were "in" on a spidey run again till they saw the price tag.
Can't wait to see the new TRON run and see all the so said buyers back out. All talk and no substance.

I'll put my hands up to that flank but in all honesty I was down for a new spidey after loosing my awesome spidey I had from NIB during my seperation but the new art just didn't do it for me, don't get me wrong the arts cool but it just didn't light my fire like say the art on GB has, if a Tron VE gets released and I haven't got another LE (lost that one too ) by then and the art package is the same I'll 100% be all over another Tron.

#59 8 years ago

I would say a TronVE made to be a premium and at premium prices. But since I already own HUO LOTR my opinion is biases.

#60 8 years ago

I've been secretly hoping that Stern releases a LOTR VE for awhile now. If they do, I'm in.

#61 8 years ago

Lotr is a much better game, but tron should be ran to cash in on its bit higer price and it should be cheeper to make and hopefully they could pro price it.

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Lotr is a much better game, but tron should be ran to cash in on its bit higer price and it should be cheeper to make and hopefully they could pro price it.

It wasn't even Pro priced on the last run. I paid $5200 to pick it up at a depot 3 years ago. That was $1k over any other Pro machine at the time.

You guys have to be kidding yourselves if you think they're going to release it for cheaper than what they released it at before.

Look at Spiderman. Premium price for a Pro featured machine with new artwork/dots. That's probably the most realistic thing to expect from them if they decide to re-release a VE.

#63 8 years ago

I'd love to see a VE Transformers, with G1 art and music by Vince DiCola!

#64 8 years ago

Different story. Spiderman was priced like a premium because Stern had to put money into new assets, dots, sounds and programming and a few playfield items. They don't have to add anything to a TRON VE since if they do TRON it will be the same PRO since last time with maybe a new translite. Don't expect factory fiber optic ramps either, not going to happen. I'd bet TRON VE is the next VE.

Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

It wasn't even Pro priced on the last run. I paid $5200 to pick it up at a depot 3 years ago. That was $1k over any other Pro machine at the time.
You guys have to be kidding yourselves if you think they're going to release it for cheaper than what they released it at before.
Look at Spiderman. Premium price for a Pro featured machine with new artwork/dots. That's probably the most realistic thing to expect from them if they decide to re-release a VE.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I was debating it before they announced the artwork. Was expecting it to cost what Ironman VE cost which seemed reasonable. Instead, they are asking more for a game where they removed a mech. Also, the artwork isn't an improvement over the orignal. Prefer the original cabinet and plastics, prefer the new playfield. All in all, a wash, but I'd rather have the original callouts and goblin mech so I passed.

If stern released a Tron or LOTR exactly like the originals, they would find buyers. Tron makes more sense due to the higher used pricing, demand for a premium, and lower bom.

What none of us know is what the licensing situation is like. If they cannot get the license for a decent price its not going to happen.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Different story. Spiderman was priced like a premium because Stern had to put money into new assets, dots, sounds and programming and a few playfield items. They don't have to add anything to a TRON VE since if they do TRON it will be the same PRO since last time with maybe a new translite. Don't expect factory fiber optic ramps either, not going to happen. I'd bet TRON VE is the next VE.

I do not believe Stern would release another run of the Pros for less than what the last run sold for 3 years ago (which multiple people, myself included, have confirmed was over $5k).

By that logic, it would be the equivalent to them releasing IMVE for around $3800.

What gives you the confidence to believe that this hypothetical VE wouldn't follow any of their historical release and/or pricing trends?

Why do you think they might need a new translite?

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think people were excited about the idea of Spider-Man with the classic comic artwork in the style of Steve Ditko or John Romita Sr. A combination of the newer Stern Spider-Man and the artwork style of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Instead, Stern went with the Ultimate Spider-Man style which turned people off. You can't blame Stern for that decision though. Ultimate Spider-Man is the current product from Disney, so that's what they are going with.

Combine that with the price tag, and you get your "posers".

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Throwback Tron would be awesome. How about a code update giving us Pro guys Daft Punk multiball?

Quoted from Russell:

I'm only genuinely sold on Tron. They MUST have the lighted ramps and Daft Punk MB, though.

Quoted from Raknitz:

Tron VE + optic fibers, same artwork, and upgrade to spike system

Dream on! (See how I tied in the upcoming Aerosmith announcement?)

#69 8 years ago

I would much rather have a Stargazer, Quicksilver, Catacomb or Seawitch VE but if I had to choose then LOTR's with real art, get rid of the photo shopped characters, that game with stereo sound and maybe some color changing GI and inserts would be amazing.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That's not a very nice thing to say. It's never nice to question someone's credibility or integrity when you have no basis for doing so.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

That's not a very nice thing to say. It's never nice to question someone's credibility or integrity when you have no basis for doing so.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Oh fucking well, I did it.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh fucking well, I did it.

LOL - at least you stand behind what you say.

If Stern does a TRON VE with LED's, lighted ramps, and updated cab with higher resolution decals I would buy. The LE can have the moving recognizer and Daft Punk multiball to keep it's 'limited' status.

If Stern does that I will buy one.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

LOL - at least you stand behind what you say. I like that!
If Stern does a TRON VE with LED's, lighted ramps, and updated cab with higher resolution decals I would buy. The LE can have the moving recognizer and Daft Punk multiball to keep it's 'limited' appeal.

Gee wiz, this entire thread reads like a Dr. Seuss book.

"Would you take a VE in a car? To your house? Near or far?"

"Would you take it without lit ramps? At a premium price? With lockdown clamps?"

"I do not want a Tron VE, without all the features of an LE."

"Neither rainy night or sunny day, I will not buy a Tron VE that way."

Repeat ad nauseam.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Gee wiz, this entire thread reads like a Dr. Seuss book.
"Would you take a VE in a car? To your house? Near or far?"
"Would you take it without lit ramps? At a premium price? With lockdown clamps?"
"I do not want a Tron VE, without all the features of an LE."
"Neither rainy night or sunny day, I will not buy a Tron VE that way."
Repeat ad nauseam.

#75 8 years ago

Sounds like the Tron LE owners are feeling the way the original MM owners were feeling before MMR appeared. Boo-Hoo! We've seen this scenario play out before, ...and nobody gets hurt in the end.

If you really love the game and all the talk about never selling it is not a lie then why get so defensive and discouraging about a remake?

It's bound to happen, Stern will follow the $$ and it can't be stopped, nor should it be. You sort of created the whole fictional/artificial demand with all the proclamations of adoration over the years. Was it mostly to drive demand and drive a high market $$ for it? We'll see won't we. Muahahaha

In the end, you made your bed and when the time comes you'll just have to lie in it. Life is a circle, enjoy the ride.

Tron Premium VE for the win!

#76 8 years ago

It's been stated 5 billion times but no one cares ( like an exec hearing "no" long enough that finally someone says " yes" to make them happy).....NO LE's will ever be VE's and vice- versa ( MM was never an LE). I was getting nervous that I was on the wrong pin site, as it's been maybe 2 fucking weeks since the last TRONVE thread....

What you guys want ( a full LE featured game) for $5400.00 is not ever, ever, ever going to be done.....only way would be Flanks take...a stripped down pro VE that no one will buy......he knows, as he and labnip have already cornered that market.........

I beg someone ( anyone) to pick a title ( any title) that might actually be made and make sense ....PLEASE!!!

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Sounds like the Tron LE owners are feeling the way the original MM owners were feeling before MMR appeared. Boo-Hoo! We've seen this scenario play out before, ...and nobody gets hurt in the end.
If you really love the game and all the talk about never selling it is not a lie than why get so defensive and discouraging about a remake?
It's bound to happen, Stern will follow the $$ and it can't be stopped, nor should it be. You sort of created the whole fictional/artificial demand with all the proclamations of adoration over the years. Was it mostly to drive demand and drive a high market $$ for it? We'll see won't we. Muahahaha
In the end, you made your bed and when the time comes you'll just have to lie in it. Life is a circle, enjoy the ride.
Tron Premium VE for the win!

What???...you're my Alien bud, but this makes no sense....I have an LE, not selling mine...one of the best machines ever made, and could give a rats ass if they make a VE. If Stern makes an "LE on the cheap" with a VE, it will destroy their LE market, a major cash cow. 400 LE's were made, that's it...buy one if you want one, or mod a pro. Just the way it is...

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

LOL - at least you stand behind what you say.
If Stern does a TRON VE with LED's, lighted ramps, and updated cab with higher resolution decals I would buy. The LE can have the moving recognizer and Daft Punk multiball to keep it's 'limited' status.

Seriously? Now you're choosing what features are acceptable from the LE to put on a VE? You didn't even like TRON over on Flanks thread......I'm going to file some club ban submit forms to Flank ...this madness has to be dealt with....get on the grid, or step off....

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Seriously? Now you're choosing what features are acceptable from the LE to put on a VE? You didn't even like TRON over on Flanks thread......I'm going to file some club ban submit forms to Flank ...this madness has to be dealt with....get on the grid, or step off....

Ha! What ya drinking tonight TRONbro? I'm going to go pour a glass of moonshine.

#80 8 years ago

I thinks it's BS why they want to retheme any VE's in the first place. Sure it's a money and marketing thing but speaking for myself, I just want a VE that is made exactly like the original. Forget all the bling, price it fairly, whether it be pro pricing or slightly above, but remakes of older games are NOT premium games of today's standards so don't price them as premium games.

#81 8 years ago

I don't think Stern will remake a Tron LE. But they would have to be crazy to ignore all the seekers that keep asking for it to be made again. Even if Stern only makes a pro run they will probably price it high and build to demand. Of course they will make it irresistible with their latest goo gahs... LED lighting, new art package, optional interactive topper, blade art, trim etc ...and then they'll team up with their favorite modder companies and offer some custom interactive toy mods that can easily be added by the novice. Just watch.

I'm still primarily interested in Alien, that will never change. Ha. Just dropping my comments here after voting in the poll is all.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ha! What ya drinking tonight TRONbro? I'm going to go pour a glass of moonshine.

Pure Jäger tonight....no sense to mix on a Monday ...

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's been stated 5 billion times but no one cares ( like an exec hearing "no" long enough that finally someone says " yes" to make them happy).....NO LE's will ever be VE's and vice- versa ( MM was never an LE). I was getting nervous that I was on the wrong pin site, as it's been maybe 2 fucking weeks since the last TRONVE thread....
What you guys want ( a full LE featured game) for $5400.00 is not ever, ever, ever going to be done.....only way would be Flanks take...a stripped down pro VE that no one will buy......he knows, as he and labnip have already cornered that market.........
I beg someone ( anyone) to pick a title ( any title) that might actually be made and make sense ....PLEASE!!!

What he said.

It would not make business sense for Stern to devalue the concept of an LE to try and cash in on inflated demand for a single title. It would hurt their reputation and most likely scare off a non-trivial number of future LE customers. Given that Stern appears to be continuously testing for the upper limit of what people are willing to pay for a pinball machine, it just wouldn't add up. I guess stranger things have happened but Gary seems like a reasonably savvy business man.

I can imagine a Tron VE being a Tron Pro with a couple of extra perks (drop targets, tweaked artwork, maybe lighted ramps since there are already aftermarket kits out there) for the cost of Spiderman VE or higher. What possible incentive do they have to charge a penny less?

#84 8 years ago

That's a hard choice, when the original TRON movie came out I sat through 3 screenings of it. The sequel was also great, but I never got much of a chance to play the machine, just a handful of times when I was up in Detroit before it disappeared altogether. On the other hand, LOTR has been far more accessible in the bars and bowling alleys. I hope they do both, but I would be very interested in what they could do with the lighting and other effects for the LOTR, a much older machine. So my vote would go to LOTR.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Farb:

What he said.
It would not make business sense for Stern to devalue the concept of an LE to try and cash in on inflated demand for a single title. It would hurt their reputation and most likely scare off a non-trivial number of future LE customers. Given that Stern appears to be continuously testing for the upper limit of what people are willing to pay for a pinball machine, it just wouldn't add up. I guess stranger things have happened but Gary seems like a reasonably savvy business man.
I can imagine a Tron VE being a Tron Pro with a couple of extra perks (drop targets, tweaked artwork, maybe lighted ramps since there are already aftermarket kits out there) for the cost of Spiderman VE or higher. What possible incentive do they have to charge a penny less?

Wait a minute!!!....you're making way too much sense....

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If Stern makes an "LE on the cheap" with a VE, it will destroy their LE market, a major cash cow.

Last time I looked Sterns' Premiums are just "LE's on the cheap". Hasn't really destroyed the LE market......yet.

#87 8 years ago

I am a buyer for a Tron VE. A slightly increased price over the original pro price is understandable to me.

I think there is plenty of buyers for a VE that is the same as the original pro. Stern doesnt need to add any extras. Just make the same game and slap a "VE" behind the name.

All the sweet MODs can be added buy the USER.

#88 8 years ago

I would be in for a Tron VE Premium. Just change the translite and cabinet art like you do for premium vs LE. Seems like a no brainer.

#89 8 years ago

I seems like there is an nice interest for both LOTR and Tron and Batman may be next. All good )

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

I think there is plenty of buyers for a VE that is the same as the original pro. Stern doesnt need to add any extras. Just make the same game and slap a "VE" behind the name.

I would think they need to add the ramp lighting, especially if there is to be a substantial price increase over the last pro run. The game pretty well blows without it anyway and there's no guarantee that the aftermarket lighting kits will be available for a VE run. I personally would have zero interest without lit ramps (not saying I would buy a VE either way). The LE and premium model is that playfield features are same on both (I consider the lit ramps to be a feature) and just bling/different art packages are what makes it an LE. The problem for Tron is that the art is the same and the only bling was the chrome armor and that could be added to a pro pretty easy. So the playfield features is essentially what keeps it limited. Just so I don't get skewered by LE owners, I'm just bringing this up for the purpose of discussion, not in any attempt to push for devaluing your games.

#91 8 years ago

For Tron Premium VE, same playfield as LE. Add LED Lighting, Audio upgrade, newer Backbox. To separate from the original LE, all new cabinet art and translite. As a bonus, add the Arcade Mod + Shaker.

I would insta-buy it at the Premium price... great, fun game. I would prefer that they still base it off Legacy since it ties in with Daft Punk. The soundtrack is one of the best things about the movie and pin.

#92 8 years ago

Stern has said all vault pins will run on the original hardware.

Does Stern have a pile of Whitestar boards lying around to do a LOTRVE?

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The game pretty well blows without it anyway and there's no guarantee that the aftermarket lighting kits will be available for a VE run.

That's a bit harsh. The game play is fine. Though once you have experienced fiber optic ramps, you certainly do want them. Eye candy.....

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That's a bit harsh. The game play is fine.

Nah. Its just my opinion....of course.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The LE and premium model is that playfield features are same on both (I consider the lit ramps to be a feature) and just bling/different art packages are what makes it an LE. The problem for Tron is that the art is the same and the only bling was the chrome armor and that could be added to a pro pretty easy. So the playfield features is essentially what keeps it limited.

Ummm, no, and no.....TRON never made a premium, and the PRO guys have to mod their machines quite a bit ( successfully, I might add ) with substantial $$$ in mods ( beyond chrome armor) to get an LE type experience.

And I don't think the guys that have the modded PROS or LE's ( me) get offended with this ...we already have what we want...why should it matter...a TRONve will NEVER be an LE ( and slim to none it even gets made in any form)....out of this thread...Ill wait 2 weeks and post in the next one ( bored, I guess)....

#96 8 years ago

Tron.....huge demand, love by the community and most pimped recent pin. Still money on the table for Stern, so little to invest to have a great profit ratio. Tron pro sells for higher than regular pro versions which brings them closer to their premium version prices they intend to sell their vault edition now. (SMVE as reference).

LOTR.....love by the players, deep pin direct shot in the face of the Hobbit. Lot of money to invest to bring artwork, music and coding on a new spike or sam plateform. I see more work for stern and magin of profit is lower. License seems to be a bit of a problem and a way more lotr out there than Tron's. So maybe potential sells lower.

Batman is the wild card here. Lyman suppose to be working on it. Batman vs superman movie coming out, so flavor of the summer feeling. One thing I'm still wondering, I saw images of old retro batman art from the 60. If we are talking about christopher nolan's dark knight trilogy cool but adam west not so much.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ummm, no, and no.....TRON never made a premium, and the PRO guys have to mod their machines quite a bit ( successfully, I might add ) with substantial $$$ in mods ( beyond chrome armor) to get an LE type experience.
And I don't think the guys that have the modded PROS or LE's ( me) get offended with this ...we already have what we want...why should it matter...a TRONve will NEVER be an LE ( and slim to none it even gets made in any form)....out of this thread...Ill wait 2 weeks and post in the next one ( bored, I guess)....

Umm..You need to re-read my post. I think you may have skimmed it at best. We agree!! They only made an LE and pro model. Where did I say they made a premium?? I did say the premium model, generically speaking, typically has the same playfield features as the LE. I could also care less if they make a VE since I'm not likely to purchase one, but man, you LE guys get fired up over this sort of thing. Truth is that Stern is either going to make the VE or not. We don't get to decide, so this just a dicussion among enthusiasts.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Umm..You need to re-read my post. I think you may have skimmed it at best. We agree!! They only made an LE and pro model. Where did I say they made a premium?? I did say the premium model, generically speaking, typically has the same playfield features as the LE. I could also care less if they make a VE since I'm not likely to purchase one, but man, you LE guys get fired up over this sort of thing. Truth is that Stern is either going to make the VE or not. We don't get to decide, so this just a dicussion among enthusiasts.

Apologize if I misinterpreted ...not my intent....and I truly don't get " fired up" at all ( truth)...it's just the redundancy of topic, and people wanting a BIBLE VE for 5k ( analogy) that just gets weary after time.....all good in tronland....

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Apologize if I misinterpreted ...not my intent....and I truly don't get " fired up" at all ( truth)...it's just the redundancy of topic, and people wanting a BIBLE VE for 5k ( analogy) that just gets weary after time.....all good in tronland....

I hear yah MK6PIN. The good news is that we are both looking forward to Heighway's Alien and hopefully seeing a flipable prototype real soon. At that point all this VE flap will be placed properly on the back burner. We're just killing time right now.

#100 8 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-ve-lotr-vs-tron/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.