(Topic ID: 178266)

The next budget friendly machine

By Yoski

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which machine would you buy?”

• Earthshaker 11 votes
      8%
    • Whirlwind 36 votes
      26%
    • Taxi 18 votes
      13%
    • Demolition Man 14 votes
      10%
    • The Getaway 14 votes
      10%
    • Bride of Pinbot 9 votes
      6%
    • Last Action Hero 8 votes
      6%
    • Breakshot 3 votes
      2%
    • Johnny Mnemonic 26 votes
      19%

(139 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,
    Given that the price for new machines has exceeded my pain threshold I am looking for fun and budget friendly alternatives (max $3K with shipping). In the poll that I added are machines that I played before and like. I am getting rid of my player's condition High Speed and looking for another machine in very nice condition. I already own several machines in the $1.5K - $2.5K price range (EBD, Seawitch, Judge Dredd, Joker Poker, Genie, Farfalla) and I can play several other machines at friend's collections that live near by (World Cup Soccer, F14, Terminator II, Stargate, Tales from the Crypt, Paragon) and I am not a really big fan of Road Show, Flash Gordon, Cyclone, Black Knight or Xenon. Any suggestions outside of the machines listed?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Gladiators!
    Nothing else shoots like it...

I never played that game. Sure looks interesting. Thanks for the input.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

LAH is one I keep thinking about getting. The "biddle biddle" guitar music is sometimes annoying but the game is full of neat shots.

Ugly backglass but lots of fun to play. I only got a few games in but it was a total blast. I have seen nice ones sold for under $2K.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

From your list I'd probably look for either a JM or one of the System 11s. I would add BSD, FT, and TS to your list. All should be near the high end of your $3K budget.

The Shadow is a very cool game, but nice examples are rarely to be had for under $3K. Same goes for BSD. Sometimes patience is rewarded, I am in no hurry.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

Uhm, none of the ones you listed are "budget friendly" AFAIK

Depends on your budget and what you are comparing it too. $6K for a new Stern Pro or $8K for Dialed-In is definitely not budget friendly. On the other end I picked up a pristine Target Alpha and Royal Flush for less than $1K each.

1 week later
    #33 7 years ago
    Quoted from seagull64:

Fish Tales. Lethal Weapon 3. No Good Gophers.

No Good Gophers is an awesome game but rarely shows up in a decent condition for $3K or less. I don't want a game that's totally beat up. I can fix stuff but when the playfield is bad its a deal breaker.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoski.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-budget-friendly-machine?tu=yoski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.