Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by curban
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Following the release of GnR and Led Zeppelin, what do you think would be the next best music themed pin to come out? ”

• RUSH 20 votes
      10%
    • Ozzy 21 votes
      11%
    • Black Sabbath 25 votes
      13%
    • REO Speedwagon 1 vote
      1%
    • Insane Clown Posse 1 vote
      1%
    • Linkin Park 11 votes
      6%
    • Def Leppard 7 votes
      4%
    • Queen 70 votes
      36%
    • Styx 3 votes
      2%
    • Van Halen 28 votes
      14%
    • Barry Manilow 8 votes
      4%

(195 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pink_muro (resized).jpg
    173-worms-02 (resized).jpg
    dine_mv_cleveland_page_v02 (resized).jpg
    proxy-image(2).jpg
    3A22EBBD-F470-4300-A7FB-FA5181C6992B (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200626-011059 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200626-011033 (resized).png

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Following the release of GnR and Led Zeppelin, what do you think would be the next best music themed pin to come out?
    I'm not talking what would be your favorite music pin, but what do you believe would be the best music pin to excel in the overall market.
    In my opinion, it would take a combination of band member likeability, catalog of work, hits, range of possible themes and mods.

#2 3 years ago

When is zepp gonna arrive?

#3 3 years ago

Pink Floyd

#4 3 years ago

Think of the toys on ozzy.

#5 3 years ago

Nin

#6 3 years ago

I voted queen as it could be a great pin.

What I really really want but never will get though is a death metal pinball. Give me a pin with Black Dahlia Murder, Ouroboros, Slayer, Nile, Naglfar and similar bands and I'll love it to death (metal).

#7 3 years ago

Both of my selections are not listed:

- Pink Floyd (already suggested)
    - Rammstein (could you imagine the light show and a toy that would shoot fire?)

#8 3 years ago

Honestly... Weird Al!

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from frosken:

...could you imagine the light show and a toy that would shoot fire?)

It would have been in kiss if they could do it!

#10 3 years ago

I would LOVE this, but i don’t think it’s a great band for pinball.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Before year's end.

#12 3 years ago

I'd buy a Thriller

#13 3 years ago

Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, but Grateful Dead pin would be incredible. Huge catalog, great artwork, and 50+ years of history.

#14 3 years ago

Prince would be my pick!

#15 3 years ago

If I had to pick a rock band that hasn't been relevant in over 30 years I would go with UFO or Scorpions.

Insane Clown Posse was a nice gesture though.

Scorpions to answer the ops question about which would be sellable.

#16 3 years ago

A Grateful Dead pin would be amazing. Think of the art and colors. The Dead has licensed about every product possible, so why not a pinball machine?!

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

A Grateful Dead pin would be amazing. Think of the art and colors.

Yeah, but I stopped dropping acid when I figured out the 80s were no longer the 70s.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, but I stopped dropping acid when I figured out the 80s were no longer the 70s.

Speak for yourself...

#19 3 years ago

Glen Campbell. How long do I have to wait?

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Glen Campbell. How long do I have to wait?

Well, there are quite a few mostly forgotten rock bands from the 70s and 80s that nobody but old balding nerds still listen to they still haven't gotten to yet.

Are you thinkin' Rhinestone Multiball?

#21 3 years ago

MEGADETH!!
    or
    SLAYER

#22 3 years ago

Would be a nice change to license a different genre of music. Rock pins are ok but there are other bands worthy of consideration.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

A Grateful Dead pin would be amazing. Think of the art and colors. The Dead has licensed about every product possible, so why not a pinball machine?!

And the multiballs would go on and on and on and on....

No doubt the art would be great and would be nice to see manufacturers step away from rock/metal

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

And the multiballs would go on and on and on and on....

The Multi-Ball Never Stopped

I'd be all in on a GWAR Pin.

But - Zappa and Sabbath are dream pins as well.

#25 3 years ago

This may sound dumb to some, but I would be down for some kind of western themed country music pin (even though I mainly listen to rock).
    Something along the lines of Kenny Rogers or something like that.

#26 3 years ago

Why not something to get people other than white dudes to play? Problem is.... what band/group?

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Why not something to get people other than white dudes to play? Problem is.... what band/group?

Lol, my friend suggested Michael Jackson. Personally I think that would be pretty sweet. Sold a tonne of albums but might not be the usual pinball crowd

#28 3 years ago

30 and 40 somethings grew up listening to Hip Hop and Rap. I think a Beastie Boys themed pin would work along with some others. Run DMC, NWA, Wu Tang ...

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Someone’s always gotta make it about race...

The Interrupters are a pretty kickass band, punk/ska, met them twice.

If you want someone established do REEL BIG FISH. Those guys are a blast, huge catalogue and there songs are all humorous and just great for a good time.

How about someone we all know and love,
    Ice-T and Bodycount! He’s always out there with something to say. That man is never afraid to say it how it is!
    Even his hits from the 90s are still controversial as hell.
    Imagine the reaction to Cop Killer multiball!

Or how about Snoop Dogg, he’s transcended about everything I can think of. Plus he has connections to Dre and Tupac and about 90 other popular rappers and musicians that you can feature on the game. That would be great! Mass appeal, huge crossover, but STILL RELEVANT, while incorporating some of the history that’s extremely famous but also 30 years old at this point.

#30 3 years ago

I would seriously buy a Billie Eilish pin.

#31 3 years ago

I'd be all in for a Michael Jackson pin. I think they can do a lot with it because of all the themes in his music videos.

Thriller - Horror
    Dangerous - Ancient Egypt
    Smooth Criminal - 1930s Gangster
    And more!

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I'd be in on a Fishbone Pin.

Also, a George Clinton / PFunk / Parliament Pin.

...Motown? Nobody has done a Label Pin have they?

I think a Michael Jackson Pin is a bridge too far these days. He was accused of some pretty creepy shit.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I had to pick a rock band that hasn't been relevant in over 30 years I would go with UFO or Scorpions.
    Insane Clown Posse was a nice gesture though.
    Scorpions to answer the ops question about which would be sellable.

I love the Scorps but do not think it would work just like Motorhead enjoy and wish but would not work for overall market. Voted for Black Sabbath but could also see an Ozzy pin with his own calls outs or Jimmy Buffet as a market game. No Way anyone like ICP which is horrible

#34 3 years ago

King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard

#35 3 years ago

from that list I'd certainly prefer Rush.

but you left off Wu-Tang Clan. shit would be off the chain

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

not long after they make a Spirit, then they will re-theme it as Zeppelin.

#37 3 years ago

I would REALLY love to see a Queen pin, as I have mentioned a few times. I'm surprised it has never been made other than home brew.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/queen-homebrew

#38 3 years ago

How about Dio. or is the Black Sabbath a combo of Ozzy & Dio?

#39 3 years ago

I want a Prince option in the poll.

#40 3 years ago

Probably doesn't comply with the list options but I have always wondered why they wouldn't make a Jukebox theme? No license and many fun directions they could go. Add an option to play random music or sink with a Spotify type library so you could make the music your preference. Bubbler around the back box (led of coarse) and have fun with some music.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Probably doesn't comply with the list options but I have always wondered why they wouldn't make a Jukebox theme? No license and many fun directions they could go. Add an option to play random music or sink with a Spotify type library so you could make the music your preference. Bubbler around the back box (led of coarse) and have fun with some music.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/party-animal

Screenshot_20200626-011033 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200626-011033 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200626-011059 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200626-011059 (resized).png
    #42 3 years ago

I’d like to see a Misfits pin or some other seminal punk bands. Personal preference for psychobilly bands like Reverend Horton Heat or Demented Are Go, but these aren’t realistic. Misfits, Ramones, and maybe a metal band like Priest or a prog band like Floyd, or Rush.

#43 3 years ago

I’m the one Styx vote. I was going to vote for Queen but changed my mind.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from KYLEDM5:

I would seriously buy a Billie Eilish pin.

I’m sorry can you please speak up I can barely hear you.

#45 3 years ago

Why no Doors love

#46 3 years ago

PHISH

#47 3 years ago

Dio.
    All his songs were about devils and wizards and heaven and hell. Perfect for a pin and its toys

#48 3 years ago

Finally a poll with some great choices! Ozzy all the way!

#49 3 years ago

Queen - epic songs for pinball.

#50 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Honestly... Weird Al!

Weird Al pin would rock! Tons of potential for different modes and his call outs would be hilarious!

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-best-marketable-music-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.