IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yesh23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#928 2 years ago

A few hundred dollars less than Zilla…. Going to be a hard sell

#932 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh yeah, and 300 at $8,400 as an LE with a mirrored backglass, powder coated armour, shaker motor, and Invisi type glass. Compare that to a an unlimited Godzilla premium at $8900 without any of those additional items that are found only on their $10,500 LE's...

You can always add a shaker motor $100, inviglass $250, powder coat $300 but can you add a big 5 story mech in the middle of the playfield????

1 year later
#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I really hope American can release some new games and get their stuff together. I think Spooky will pass them up if things don't really change. I did enjoy Hot Wheels when it was on location. American really needs to at least put out 1 new game a year to keep competitive or they will go the way of the dodo

Spooky has already passed them

2 months later
#2248 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think American is missing the boat. Spooky, Stern and JJP have all shown their next games. I have no idea why American is waiting to TPF.

If they don’t show it, they won’t have to sell it. They can then continue to sell Houdini, Oktoberfest, Hot Wheels and LOV. GREAT master plan David Fix.

5 months later
#2861 7 months ago

Now I know why David Fix is trying to run American Pinball off the tracks…because tanks don’t need tracks. Next up He-Man with a tank cabinet from all the unsold GTF. Meet the He-Man Attack Track LE

IMG_1155 (resized).jpegIMG_1155 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2899 7 months ago

I hate to say it but this company is DEAD. I have a buddy who lives right next to the factory and he drove by last Thursday and Friday and there were 2 cars in the parking lot. Manufactures have to have employees to manufacture stuff, oh, unless this company is fully automated, or is very green, and everybody carpools. This company is dead!!! It’s sad because they build a gorgeous product, hopefully they have everybody the week off with the holiday on Monday.

#2963 7 months ago

They have about 4 employees that come in daily…not going to make very many games that way.

#2984 7 months ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Just for fun, if all 4 of those workers are making games, they can make 6.6 games a week. “1 a day” is the current pace for Lebowski IIRC, so another company is doing a similar pace. If they know how many they need to make a week to stay afloat then that’s the target I guess.
All of this is an assumption, including the amount of time it takes them to make a machine. In 2016 Jody said it takes about 30 man-hours per machine at stern. https://www.polygon.com/2016/10/11/13240766/stern-pinball-photo-essay-tour
I don’t want AP to fail, but I also am not interested in buying a GTF, like at all. Balcer said he wanted to do an Oktoberfest forever and AP let him do it. Nordman has had this “tanks in space” idea forever and AP let him do it. There’s a lot to admire about being able to have your dream machine get made, but mixing in a few licenses probably would help fill the gaps.

Got confirmation from my inside guy, that they've sold less than 100 LE/SLE machines....not good at all. I hope they have something big planned for their next release. I guess your assumption of around 5 games a week is about correct. They've been at GTF for 5+ months now so that's about 100 machines.

#2987 7 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Any idea how many deluxe versions?

No idea, the number was blended together of the 2 models

1 week later
#3031 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's what they really need to improve demand. Cosplay.
Please replace Fix, AP. This is getting sad.

Well said PinMonk.

#3096 6 months ago

If I were in charge, I would go straight to Keith Elwin and offer him 5% percent of the company and whatever he earns at Stern to come on board and design games. I would follow that up by going out and getting a couple tear to cult themes. Pour some love with over communicating to our customer base and we just sold 2,000+ pins and it gives us something to expand on. They got to go bold, or they’ll go away with an expanded recession, which is sad

#3099 6 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm going to disagree with needing Elwin, they have Nordman and he's proven he can deliver

He has six hits and five duds within the last 30+ years (not including his early stuff, or 1 of games). We are talking about the goat that is 5 for 5 designing games in less than a decade. If you’re playing game seven in the NBA finals, do you want Michael Jordan with a ball in the last few minutes of the game, or Carmelo Anthony? Norseman has one game in the top 100 of all time and Elwin has three. Now granted, I know the top 100 is flawed, but you have to think big. How did Nordman work out with the last game? You get Elwin and the entire dynamics of the company turn around and people are overly optimistic for the next game coming out. That’s going to be Stern enthusiast, JJP enthusiast, and American Pinball fanboys. So I guess we’re going to agree to disagree on this one.

#3107 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Elwin allegedly turned down a very handsome sum to give up at Stern and go work at JJP. Elwin knows Stern is a company that has the best team, least worry, least amount of corporate shenanigans, least chance of going under, ect. Why would he burn that bridge and go work at AP if he doesn't even want to go to JJP? Keith is a really smart guy, somebody would have to be insane to jump ship from Stern and go to AP, especially if they are one of the heavy hitter employees at Stern. Not to mention, I'm sure guys in other companies are much more privy to what goes on behind the scenes at the competition (pinball mfg and design is a good ol boys club lets be honest) than we are and I'm sure he knows its a mess, at least compared to Stern.

He turned down JJP because they offered him a paycheck to come over to JJP and he gets a paycheck at Stern. I'm talking.....giving the man ownership in the company (he knocks it out of the park) and it can be a paycheck 4 fold. If you're American Pinball, you have to get creative and think outside the box. Also, thinking outside the box, doesn't consist of non-licensed themes

1 month later
#3315 5 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

lol poor AP never learns
Wtf? They claim AP gets "50 calls a week looking for GTF's" Yeah, ok guys.

It’s probably one kid that’s doing prank phone calls getting them excited. We did that all the time when we were kids, but you would think with caller ID these days, AP would figure it out. If they are getting 50 calls a week for that game, they must have the worst sales conversion on the planet…calls to closed sales. O for 50 isn’t a good average boys.

#3329 5 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

$16K right now isn't it? It was originally $17K I think (or am I getting mixed up with Centaur?).
A lunchbox (WTF, are we 5?), the signed apron (that's ok), the 3D translight (very awesome - that should have been an option for all machines), a banner & posters (who cares) and a pint glass (also who cares).
No way they sell all 200...... no way they sell all 500 LE's either. That tank cab is just too..... eehhhhhhh. This game screams for a moving mechanical topper.
Deluxe is the most attractive cab by a mile (IMO).

As of a month ago, they hadn’t even moved 200 units between all models. This game is DOA, on to the next game

#3335 5 months ago

One of the largest AP distributors

#3339 5 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

They haven't moved 200 deluxe models? Really?
That's hard to believe.
I wouldn't be surprised if they had only sold 20 limited and signatures combined, but the deluxe...... I'd have thought they'd be knocking on 300 at least.

That was told to me about a month ago. I can’t imagine they’ve knocked out too many more deluxe models over the last 30 days

#3342 5 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

You can't find other recent games/manufacturers with numbers as low as GTF. Queen, Alien, Lebowski, Weird Al... hell, pinside even has 78 people with Funhouse 2.0

I also think that GTF Pinside percentage is going to be closer to actual numbers since it’s a non themed machine. If you’re going to hold that game, you’re more apt to be a on Pinside. Themes like Queen are going to pull none pinball people into ownership that has never heard of Pinside, way more than a non licensed theme. I do agree though, it’s the only metric you can go off of.

#3349 5 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

They were their own worst enemies with GTF, totally butchered the release, seemed overly proud of the dialogue and got overly defensive when people pointed out the problems. If they had just hired some comedy writers they might've had a hit, or just didn't lead front and center with their assets maybe.
The sad part is the game is insanely fun, it deserved better than the care they gave to it.

You hit it on the head perfectly. Their goal is to build 500 units. They've built around 200 total unit between all models as of a little over a month ago. They need to build an additional 300 units to meet their 500 units before the end of the year. Unfortunately, the demand for this game is now dead, the market has further softened and there's more choices on the horizon. I could see them maybe building another 75 more but that's about it.

2 weeks later
#3390 4 months ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

In Fix’s interview today he said they plan to release two games in 2024. I found that encouraging, along with him saying they’re developing/planning licensed and unlicensed games for the next several years. It doesn’t sound like they’re in jeopardy of shutting down any time soon. I hope it’s true.

Why is releasing two games and a calendar year encouraging for a boutique Pinball company? If they had success with one game, that would create more sales than they could produce games in a calendar year. It’s the same philosophy where JJP is holding themselves for delivering two games in 2023. The only reason they have been able to deliver to is because both games will be flops. Look at barrels of fun going to produce 1100 labyrinth’s. If American would have a successful game and produce around 1000 of a machine, that would keep them busy for a year.

1 month later
#3622 89 days ago

It’s not going to be food truck, but they just decided to change the name to food tank. That way they can move onto the next game and use the tank accessories for the build……Mr Fix, I’m joking, please don’t do it

#3626 89 days ago

Manufacturing companies in the space typically sell for 3 1/2 to 4 times ebitda. In this case there is no ebitda, so good luck with the sale. It’s going to be a sale of assets, which won’t amount to a lot, or some fool wants to own his own Pinball company.

#3631 89 days ago

Hopefully the Germans don’t hear about this and stop buying all those galactic tank forces, that David said they’re buying in abundance.

#3633 89 days ago

On their Facebook page today, wasn’t this suppose to be exclusive to the signature?

IMG_2349 (resized).jpegIMG_2349 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 51.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yesh23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=yesh23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.