IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 3 years ago
Quoted from denoument:

I'd like to see some kind of space theme. I think I think that would target a demographic they haven't drawn in yet. Not like Alien or RAZA. A serious space game. Like Black Hole, Flight 2000, or Space Shuttle. No matter what they are doing I know it will be a quality pin.

A space or sci fi theme from American pinball would be so cool....I would be interested.

1 month later
#252 3 years ago

Sherlock Holmes would not be a big seller for them - they need to go for a broader appeal than that....

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I agree that they need something with broad appeal. You may be right. It may not be Sherlock. Without knowing their business model or how many units they've sold of their games, I can still speculate that AP needs a mass-appeal game to stay competitive. It seems like all the other major manufacturers are carving out places for themselves in the marketplace: Stern the big boy with licenses and name recognition, JJP with high-end, higher priced games, Spooky with the edgy, boutique themes, Chicago Gaming with the remakes (primarily). Where does that leave AP?

I would love for them to grab onto space or science fiction themes. I know licenses sell but I don’t see any shortage of Led Zeppelin pinballs for people who want them - so that was a short flash in the pan.

Forbidden Planet would be cool, like retro sci-fi. I could see some comic stuff like Archer I know that has been done but it’s a great show not as hot a topic as it was prior. Naked gun or Airplane movies would be fun. Space Balls of course...Matrix...

It kind of leaves no definition of the company to what they do rather what titles they can secure. They could be the company that is the best value well built maybe a great lite show could be there thing of course the larger LCD screen on the backbox. What else defines the others - I just think stern is moving too far on too many titles nothing seems special or super well built so they should produce maybe 2-3 machines per year with a broad appeal.

#256 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

I miss the creativity of themes from the 90’s. Funhouse, Roadshow, circus Voltaire, theater of magic, medieval madness, cactus canyon, etc... this is what I like about Houdini and Octoberfest. We don’t need another superhero or Netflix/HBO movie theme, Stern has the market saturated with this crap!
Thank you American Pinball for bringing some unique themes back to pinball.

I agree...

2 months later
#367 2 years ago

I thought the rumor was something could get announced in May or something....they hired new people....what is next guys?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,495.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.