Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 84 days ago by gatordad
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2E0772B2-6EAB-4BFA-8668-2D8F45F5E5B4 (resized).png
148B9CE3-AE2D-467F-A624-7A99B777F7FE (resized).jpeg
9E6D39AA-32D2-405D-8F20-21A1B5A47B07 (resized).jpeg
image (1) (resized).png
B384022E-C55F-48FF-8363-270BC4C407B0 (resized).jpeg
8B26672C-2DDE-40F2-B0A1-49D1E2CF8424 (resized).jpeg
DE270A3E-D5BF-4FBF-94FE-6803E68CD33B (resized).jpeg
81CEB240-388F-4237-883E-4A0CF7F306C5 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191115-142144_YouTube (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
hqdefault (resized).jpg
eew2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 months ago

I do hope whatever the redemption machine is is a money maker! See if you can get some into Great Wolf Lodge locations. I am always disappointed when we go there for kid birthdays and they don’t have pinball. But they have A LOT of redemption machines. D&B obviously too but I’m sure that’s a tougher hill to climb

That said, I will admire the redemption machine from afar while I bid my time for the next pinball!! Still have an open spot for Oktoberfest I will be filling next year some time...

#26 7 months ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

The arcades in Great Wolf Lodges are run by Family Entertainment Group LLC (they bought out Cleveland Coin Machine Exchange back in 2011).
https://fegllc.com/partners/
If you want pinballs in there, you'd have to talk to Family Entertainment Group. Seems they want tons of redemption machines in their arcades.

Interesting! Thx for the link

#27 7 months ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

After their recent Facebook post about the code update w/ a picture of Matrix-style green binary, I can't get the idea of a Matrix pin out of my head. They'd be the company to do it right.

Wow. When we were speculating about Stern doing Matrix, that’s was a non-starter for me. JJP yes, high price, certainly. But AP’s mix of crazy packed machines and DEEEEEEEEEEP code would be a dream for that type of license. Damn.

#32 7 months ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Would I do that? either intentionally or unintentionally?

Uh, YES LOL

#42 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What flipper issue?

When the machine is really going to town firing solenoids or lots of balls happening, an errant ball can knock the flipper down and make the flipper feel like there’s no power to it, so it throws off your game when you expect the flipper to blast off the ball, but instead it kind of lazily taps it away. It seemed related to the P-Roc system (not sure if hardware or software specifically). Josh said he was looking into it a few months ago but he is really really busy I’m sure.

It doesn’t really occur all that often, and even less frequently does it wreck a specific game. But it feels really weird on the flipper when it does happen.

That said - can’t wait for the next game !!

#47 7 months ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Does your machine have "End-of-Stroke" switches installed on the flipper assemblies? Do you have the additional power supply installed? Do you have the latest game code installed?

Yep. And I will say that the power supply is really what made the difference. I really don’t have the issue any longer - I don’t feel like the EOS Switches did anything (just like Rosh said). It’s a dramatic upgrade to get the power supply enhancement. Totally worth it and really does pretty much take care of the issue. It doesn’t totally -eliminate- it, but it is super rare now that I have the issue, and it never wrecks a game or anything.

#48 7 months ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Have you reached out to Barry yet? barry@american-pinball.com
I believe this is has been fixed though I could be wrong

Quoted from DanDanDAN:

Have you reached out to Barry yet? barry@american-pinball.com
I believe this is has been fixed though I could be wrong

No, there are some additional low level software changes identified as an affect of the P-Roc board (not saying P-Roc CAUSES it, just that the combo of the board with the software or drivers as currently written seem to cause it). Anyway, as I clarified above it’s almost nonexistent for me

#51 7 months ago
Quoted from DanDanDAN:

If you haven't already send the logs when it happened or next happens to Josh
I'll ask him about it when I next see him

Josh knows - he's the one who posted what I'm talking about. I should clarify, he was thinking that MIGHT be what it is, and was working with Gerry about it. I don't want to imply I know something more deep about what's going on. bobukcat is the one who really seems to have it bad. I don't really notice it during games, and I would be lying if I said it affected my gameplay at all. The Power Supply is a 100% must; the flipper situation changed significantly for the better after I installed that.

I don't want to clog up Josh's inbox with stuff like this when he could be working on the next update! There's still a couple missing animations and minor bugs that he's already aware of. One last awesome update would really knock the ball out of the park.

1 week later
#57 6 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Still havnt played that one. Hard to find on location. I hear its great.

It is OUTSTANDING. And 3/4 of the game is pop-up targets, with standups behind each one. It's a one of a kind machine. Those pop targets are VERY loud though!

1 week later
#97 6 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Is it a ball shooter? Crazy!

I was kinda hoping Flying Dutchman would be the pinball theme! Oh well, still looks crazy interesting!

3 weeks later
#123 5 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

They teased keys. Kaneda says Hot Wheels. Makes sense with the keys but who knows... Kaneda did say they are working on two games.

I missed the tease - how are keys related to Hot Wheels? Gotta say I’m disappointed it’s not Sherlock Holmes (yes I know I’m probably the only one lol) but this is way left field!

#132 5 months ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Car keys. That’s the connection to Hot Wheels. They may still be doing Sherlock Holmes. For what it’s worth, he said they are also working on a non-licensed second pin.

Oh my god. DUH. Lol

I was picturing these toys:

amazon.com link »

Which involve keys directly but are most definitely not Hot Wheels

#134 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

All this from the same guy who announced Joe Balcer had left API so he obviously has a really great connection inside there.

LOL

#140 5 months ago

I imagine if the theme is eventually revealed to not in fact be Hot Wheels, and is actually Sherlock Holmes, there will be a LOT of complaining. Forget it, Jake. It’s Pinside.

2 weeks later
#150 5 months ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Horror movies, metal bands and car themes are my least favorite pins, (south Park too)
I would be all in on Sherlock.

more horror pins!!

#157 5 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I believe.....that is a joke that podcast guy fell for. Laughable, unlicensed theme, 100%.

His apparent credibility has been going down the tubes, so it wouldn’t surprise me. Guess that’s what happens when your “marketing” eventually gets exposed.

#161 5 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I did weeks ago and it has changed my life and attitude. Listening to hate and tyrants over and over again while at work would put me in a bad mood. Never looking back. Especially coming from a guy in a closet with a microphone who really doesn't have a say.

Man, this is SO true. Listening To hateful talk -in general- just puts you in a bad mood. And we are inundated with it, on our phones, tv, radio. It is SO much better when you just turn it off.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 124.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Machine - For Sale
Mendon, MASSACHUSETTS
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baltimore, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Exton, PA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside