IMG_1667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1573 (resized).jpeg
Untitled_Artwork (resized).jpeg
6b38275c1350a9d4 (resized).jpeg
7316D752-5A5C-4581-BA1C-E56BCA4517F9 (resized).jpeg
6E5ABBEB-9834-406A-A5ED-98B6360DEEEA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider galore2112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1307 2 years ago

A wide body edition of Houdini could be awesome.

Everything is already developed and this would fix the problem with the super tight shots.

I’d buy one. I think the theme is great, the look is awesome but I’m way not in the skill league required to have fun with it unfortunately.

#1310 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Not sure where the rumor of a wide body Houdini is coming from, regardless, while we had no plans to do wide body games when we first set up the factory, we fell it would be wise to keep our options open, so the lines, rotisseries and cabinet carts, were all designed to handle both standard and wide body machines. If you have been on a factory tour we usually point this out and if you look at photos of our factory, you will see how the rotisseries and carts are adjustable for width.

Oh, apologies if I contributed to this rumor.

I played your Houdini game at TPF. I absolutely love the design and the whole vibe of the theme. It also feels high end but as has been mentioned in many reviews, a lot of shots are super tight and I’m one of those players who aren’t skilled enough nor dedicated enough to improve to the level required to have fun with a super difficult game like Houdini.

So I was just musing that a wide body version may allow for wider ramps etc, making this a must have pin for someone like me. I totally understand that AP may not ever want to consider that but I would love to have a “fun” Houdini that isn’t so punishing. I have zero knowledge how difficult it is to build a slightly wider version but it seemed like a missed opportunity if y’all already have all the mechs, design, code, electronics and all that’s necessary to evolve this into a super fun game is slightly wider dimensions.

3 months later
#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

1) Some people says it's too hard.
-This really doesn't make sense because pin owners like games with "staying power," i.e. games that are harder so they take longer to understand and beat.

I was shopping for one more pinball machine this year for my future gameroom. Houdini looks super nice but I decided against it because it takes pinball too literally. It’s got way too many obstacles because there are too many ball paths for a non widebody playfield and therefore I mostly hit posts (“pins”) with the steel ball.

Now some like this challenge but I don’t enjoy it. This is one of the reasons why I also rarely play my IJTPA. The ramps are a bit too narrow and I hit posts 70% of the time.

With Houdini 90% of my shots hit a post. I neither have the skills nor the talent nor the patience to improve this. Almost every path is super narrow. So I buy a machine that has non frustrating shots and still isn’t too easy. This was the reason I wait for a GZ Premium over just buying a Houdini.

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

Except there are almost no posts in Houdini, as they are typically targets. And when you can’t find those shots,, those standup get you to a cool multiball, of course once in multiball when you need to hit the targets, you will instead be making the shots. No doubt it is challenging to shoot and with plenty of depth and breadth to keep it challenging and interesting for a long time in a home environment, which is eventually we’re most games end up.

Yes, it’s targets that feel like posts/pins to me.

I just tried to say that for me, there’s “fun” difficult (e.g. having to shoot an orbit or a ramp multiple times in a row to achieve a goal, where the ball gets faster and faster) or “frustrating” difficult where I hit some pin/post/target to start a mode and then I have a few seconds to shoot some ramp/orbit combo but this, to me, is suuuuuuuuuuper difficult because I keep hitting the targets that guard the 1” or so wide ramp or orbit entrance and only hit the ramp or orbit perfectly enough on a day where I also hit the powerball jackpot in the lottery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 91.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,995.00
Machine - For Sale
Medford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider galore2112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-next-american-pinball?tu=galore2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.